Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get an enemy rival?

My sim is doing the drama llama aspiration and needs to get an 'enemy rival'. It says that to do this he needs to join an afterschool activity and declare an enemy with another sim. He has joined the football team and declared one of the other sims on the team an enemy but the task hasn't ticked off. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,847 Member
    did you see if this was mod related or not? I got one out of nowhere and days later he still hates me I didn't even know.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @RedDestiny92 I only have mccc which I'm was fully up to date. Just took it out and the 'have to enemy rival'task is still not thvked off on his aspiration. I am wondering if maybe the problem is that the sim he declared declared enemy is not a 'rival'? But what even makes a sim a 'rival'? I assumed that being in the same aftershock activity (so being football teammates) would be enough but clearly not? Is being a rival an additional sentiment or something?
    I'm not entirely sure she got hers a couple days I think after joining cheer I don't think they interacted before that so one of us is either glitched or it is random and not really controllable.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92 so do you get a notification saying that your sim has a rival? Do they have a 'rival' sentiment towards that sim or something? Is your sim's rival also a member of the cheerleading afterschool activity?
    I think you're probably supposed to get a notification but my girl had a sentiment for it, it went away after a few days as I had them talk on social bunny. However, he invited her to a party before prom but even though she's socially awkward their interaction was worse than anyone else and he would reject just about anything she said all their interactions were negative except of course just taking a picture and staying away like you can't see it but it's hidden but still think they meant to let you know.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GorandGorand Posts: 51 Member
    When you sign up for one of the new clubs, you should get a few new relationships, (usually 3). Two of which are club members with a small positive relationship and one "rival" with a small negative relationship. Check each sims profile it'll have a notation of Team member or Rival.
    @Gorand THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!! You were right, I checked through all of his relationships and there was one which was labelled 'rival' in her profile. I had previously assumed that making enemies with a football teammate would do, didn't realise there would immediately be a sim explicitly labelled as his rival.
  • arintiaarintia Posts: 251 Member
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but since it's related I am going to post my question here:

I have a Sim who has the Relatable, Iconic, Fanged Friend, and Socially Gifted traits. When she introduces herself to Sims they are immediately friends, almost good friends.

I have had her join a club for the Drama Llama aspiration, but I don't seem to have a rival anywhere. I am concerned that this will put a stop to my SuperSim challenge, as I need to complete this aspiration while she is still a teenager and able to. Has anyone else had this problem, and are there any known fixes?

The only mod I have is MC Command Center.
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you're in the world! [ Elton John, Your Song ]
  • NeeseeSimsNeeseeSims Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the same problem and I went through all of her contacts and there is no rival????

@arintia said:
    > Sorry to revive a dead thread, but since it's related I am going to post my question here:
    >
    > I have a Sim who has the Relatable, Iconic, Fanged Friend, and Socially Gifted traits. When she introduces herself to Sims they are immediately friends, almost good friends.
    >
    > I have had her join a club for the Drama Llama aspiration, but I don't seem to have a rival anywhere. I am concerned that this will put a stop to my SuperSim challenge, as I need to complete this aspiration while she is still a teenager and able to. Has anyone else had this problem, and are there any known fixes?
    >
    > The only mod I have is MC Command Center.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Just in case I'll ask this: which club did your sim join?
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I only recall having a rival once so far (I don't always join an activity) but their picture appeared in the career panel for the activity with a note about befriending them. Not sure if the same would happen for other people, though.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I was having a problem with this as well, but finally figured it out. So the rival is not in the same club as your sim, but in the opposite club. So if your sim is in the football club, the rival is in the cheerleading club and vice versa. And if your sim is in the chess club, the rival is in the computer club and vice versa. If you click on the "open sim profile" action, it will show one sim that has the relationship type: Rival. That is the sim that your sim has to declare as an enemy to complete the aspiration. At least that's how it worked for me.