Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University Final Exam Issue

Am finally trying University after having had it for years and have hit a problem. My sim is at UBrite, doing well, and just had a term with a final exam instead of a term paper. On last day of term there was a note in the college tab that final exam would be the next class and not to miss it. Problem was the next class was in 2 days after term's end. There was nothing about taking the exam either when clicking on sim or checking the course listing. Term ended with the sim getting a B-, not the end of the world but I'm sure the sim would have gotten a better grade if had been able to go take the exam. The current term has a presentation, so am concerned the same problem will happen for that.

Sim has been going to class like clockwork, is complete with homework, and does extra study.

Neither the in game 'lessons' nor the forum search box yielded useful information so am asking for help from you veterans out there.

Before anyone asks, no mods, only CC is for clothing, a few hairstyles, and furniture.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi, for the presentation your sim should have a whiteboard in their inventory, while on their home lot pull the whiteboard out, create their presentation then revise it to increase the quality, you should then be able to click on their college schedule anytime between 8-4 M-F to go and give presentation before it's due. Taking notes in class increases your grade a lot too. o:) Forgot to mention the game puts the whiteboard in your sims inventory, it isn't one you buy out of B/B.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Both term paper and presentations should be able to be submitted once they have been finished, You should get a check mark that they are done once submitted and you don't have to wait until last day of term to submit. Final Exams should happen on the last Monday, Wed, or Friday in the term, did you get a check mark that the Final had been taken? If not it sounds like a bug. You shouldn't have to do anything other than show up for Final Exam.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The final exam takes place on the last day of the term (last day of the three-day classes). Sometimes the game doesn't mark that your sim has gone to an exam, but don't worry when that happens. After all, B- is better than F.

The presentation can be done on any workday before the evening arrives.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @Oldeseadogge the "end of term" depends on the day you started classes. If your first class of a term was on Wednesday then your last class of the term will be the following tues. Unfortunately that's how it will be until your sim graduates. What I do when I want to start my sim in their first degree is apply on thur morning & they should get the acceptance letter sat; then after getting the letter enroll. Btw, don't forget to apply for scholarships at the same time you apply to university. For second degrees & beyond I enroll on friday since there's no need to wait for an acceptance letter.

Doing things this way pretty much guarantees the sims university term will be mon - fri.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Hi, for the presentation your sim should have a whiteboard in their inventory, while on their home lot pull the whiteboard out, create their presentation then revise it to increase the quality, you should then be able to click on their college schedule anytime between 8-4 M-F to go and give presentation before it's due. Taking notes in class increases your grade a lot too. o:) Forgot to mention the game puts the whiteboard in your sims inventory, it isn't one you buy out of B/B.

No board yet. Will keep an eye out now that know is supposed to be coming. Sims can take notes? Learn something new every day. Might be a bit before I can check as RL university (& work) a higher priority. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    Both term paper and presentations should be able to be submitted once they have been finished, You should get a check mark that they are done once submitted and you don't have to wait until last day of term to submit. Final Exams should happen on the last Monday, Wed, or Friday in the term, did you get a check mark that the Final had been taken? If not it sounds like a bug. You shouldn't have to do anything other than show up for Final Exam.

Presentations work like papers, whew! No check mark, no sim leaving home to take exam, only grade announcement. TS 2 does university much better.
  • Options
    Starfree wrote: »
    @Oldeseadogge the "end of term" depends on the day you started classes. If your first class of a term was on Wednesday then your last class of the term will be the following tues. Unfortunately that's how it will be until your sim graduates. What I do when I want to start my sim in their first degree is apply on thur morning & they should get the acceptance letter sat; then after getting the letter enroll. Btw, don't forget to apply for scholarships at the same time you apply to university. For second degrees & beyond I enroll on friday since there's no need to wait for an acceptance letter.

Doing things this way pretty much guarantees the sims university term will be mon - fri.

Thank you, will try to remember for next time.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Never had message that exams will be next class and not to miss it in Sims 4. Exam is like going to class on last day only yours sim gets uncomfortable moodlet and want to puke if they haven’t studied before. The only message I had is “exam in one hour, is there enough time to study?”

Did you perhaps had any holidays during your week classes? Holidays are not recognized by the University and your sim need to go to class. If they don’t game will sort of skip this day and this creates problem similar to what you describe. Sort one class less than it should be. I had this with homework. My sim had one more homework that she was supposed to finish, but the end of term got in the way. She got lower grade.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Fortunately for my sims, they have to know herbal remedies or be a caster when they get that message. This always results of bad moods right before class so I have my sim drink either chamoille tea or emotional stability and the ugly moods go away. I believe devs put that sign in just to jerk our sims around, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    Never had message that exams will be next class and not to miss it in Sims 4. Exam is like going to class on last day only yours sim gets uncomfortable moodlet and want to puke if they haven’t studied before. The only message I had is “exam in one hour, is there enough time to study?”

Did you perhaps had any holidays during your week classes? Holidays are not recognized by the University and your sim need to go to class. If they don’t game will sort of skip this day and this creates problem similar to what you describe. Sort one class less than it should be. I had this with homework. My sim had one more homework that she was supposed to finish, but the end of term got in the way. She got lower grade.

The game installation in question does not have Seasons installed, so no holidays to mess things up. A logical question, though.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I have a tendency to get my Students to uni, on the weekend. Then I have all of them do their homework. I also get them started on their presentation boards. They can refine them once they have captured the information. They can also ask other students for feedback at one stage of the board's development. Once it achieves excellent quality, I have them place it into their inventory. Then I see which day has an opening in between, or before class to have them give their final presentation. (8AM-4PM are the hours allotted for this. M-F, only.)

Once, the board is well on it's way, I will have them work on their Term Paper. This will also require editing to get it from poor to outstanding. Once it's edited to Outstanding, then click on the computer>university>term paper and select submit.

When it comes time for finals, let the students go to their class. I don't bother changing normal to take notes or anything else. Just let them be. I have never once seen what you saw. I would opt to do a game repair, something is wrong.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited October 2022
    When it comes time for finals, let the students go to their class. I don't bother changing normal to take notes or anything else. Just let them be. I have never once seen what you saw. I would opt to do a game repair, something is wrong.

Mine is the same - the classes show in the calendar for weeks after the term ends, but once the term ends they disappear from the calendar. I think their exam would have been on the last lesson of the term.
  • Options
    I have a tendency to get my Students to uni, on the weekend. Then I have all of them do their homework. I also get them started on their presentation boards. They can refine them once they have captured the information. They can also ask other students for feedback at one stage of the board's development. Once it achieves excellent quality, I have them place it into their inventory. Then I see which day has an opening in between, or before class to have them give their final presentation. (8AM-4PM are the hours allotted for this. M-F, only.)

Once, the board is well on it's way, I will have them work on their Term Paper. This will also require editing to get it from poor to outstanding. Once it's edited to Outstanding, then click on the computer>university>term paper and select submit.

Thank you. Can that be done without plugging into a live origin? I have no desire for my workable version to be trashed by EA's game killing 'patches'.