Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Under The Tartosan Sun

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    edited September 2022
    @GalacticGal Thank you very much. I'm still wrung out, but it was worth every ounce of effort. I left out the toasts and speeches because I had the main elements done. I took so many screenshots for both episodes that I added nearly 4 pages to my Imgur.

@luciusstorm Thank you as well. I should post a Kleenex index at the beginning of each episode. This one was right up there with the reconciliation as a full 5 hankie episode.
    Don't be surprised if tomorrow you see that the wedding episode has been edited. I've been replaying it in my mind and I'm kind of thinking I need to add some more dialogue, shots, or both for Londyn and Danielle at the altar. I love the comedy with Venessa, but I wonder if I let her steal the scene?

Speaking of Venessa, I chose to have Londyn ask her because it is a ceremonial passing of the torch. Many of you know Danielle has been my favorite sim for many years. Over that time she has often been a lesbian, and her lover was almost always Venessa. When I realized I had picked a lesbian version of Danielle from my library, I almost went the tried and true route and brought Venessa into the story. Since the story took a turn that I hadn't planned I decided to go a different route and let Danielle choose someone different if that's what she wanted. I never thought she would find someone who was a better fit than Venessa, but I was so wrong. Londyn is her perfect match, her true soulmate. So the friendship between the three in this save made it easy to pick her to officiate.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Yaaaay!!
    And the Venessa thing was not too much! We always knew how beautiful this would be for Danielle and Londyn. No surprises there. Venessa was a fun surprise.
    @mightysprite Thank you. The funny lines for Venessa were a last second thing. When I was going through the screenshots and noticed all the faces she was making the idea came to me. When I started the line about most people didn't know she could officiate a wedding, I meant for it to be serious and changed my mind mid sentence.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    @GalacticGal The fame bug was the one where every sim, even the ones that were staying out of the spotlight, had a celebrity level. I moused over every guest on the third attempt and everybody was a rising star. The only sim I play regularly in that save that is a celeb is Londyn. I did give Venessa Jeong makeover because she will occasionally appear since she is a co-worker and friendly with Londyn and Danielle. She is set to be the officiant at the wedding even, but they are the only two celebrities.

@luciusstorm I haven't seen that happen, they always freeze from what I've seen. In that weird thing with Chloe's death, I did what I often do. Pause, then select save and exit, and exit back to the desktop. I'll have to watch that. If I knew that Chloe's death had nothing to do with the wedding bugs, I would go back in and have the entire wedding party assemble and take their seats and grab a few shots of everybody in various places around the venue. Then I could stage the closeups using poses for everything else, or do like I normally do and pause and get shots from different angles without the larger group having to even be there.

Oh, much like I discovered when my Sim first went to high school. Gotcha. I was beginning to think my Cantrell boys had been sent to an exclusive school for the celebrities. Oi! Thanks for defining that for me. I had quite forgotten, since it got fixed, that is. Ponders what or how it got unfixed. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Don't be surprised if tomorrow you see that the wedding episode has been edited. I've been replaying it in my mind and I'm kind of thinking I need to add some more dialogue, shots, or both for Londyn and Danielle at the altar. I love the comedy with Venessa, but I wonder if I let her steal the scene?

Speaking of Venessa, I chose to have Londyn ask her because it is a ceremonial passing of the torch. Many of you know Danielle has been my favorite sim for many years. Over that time she has often been a lesbian, and her lover was almost always Venessa. When I realized I had picked a lesbian version of Danielle from my library, I almost went the tried and true route and brought Venessa into the story. Since the story took a turn that I hadn't planned I decided to go a different route and let Danielle choose someone different if that's what she wanted. I never thought she would find someone who was a better fit than Venessa, but I was so wrong. Londyn is her perfect match, her true soulmate. So the friendship between the three in this save made it easy to pick her to officiate.

I'm always in favor of a revision/rewrite. I often find myself, as I go over the post I'm about to make, checking for typos, et al, adding bits of dialogue that only occurred to me at that time, before I hit the Post Comment button. If you feel strongly about it, go for it. If you're worried about a spam aspect, you could always hit the edit button and replace your original post, then let the rest of us know you've updated it, so to speak.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @GalacticGal I was second guessing my storytelling. I do that after every episode. This one in particular was really close to the heart so I second guess myself more, "Did I do it right?", "Could I have made it better?", that sort of thing.
    @GalacticGal I was second guessing my storytelling. I do that after every episode. This one in particular was really close to the heart so I second guess myself more, "Did I do it right?", "Could I have made it better?", that sort of thing.

You are a wonderful story-teller, but the second-guessing is part and parcel of writing/being creative.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,621 Member
    @DaniRose2143

I understand the impulse completely... art is never completed, only abandoned. :)

I think it was fantastic.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,835 Member
    What a lovely wedding. <3 You did a great job with their story.
    Thank you all so much.❤️ I always second guess my work, but since this one was so special I second guessed myself more then normal. I wanted to be sure I showcased them, their love and devotion, the best I possibly could.

On a related note, all the trouble I had with the return of the fame bug and the glitchy wedding, was apparently the result of the newest version of MCCC. It must be conflicting with another mod because just by removing it everything cleared up. It's also about time to start building Londyn and Danielle's new home. The one they're in now has some glitchy piece of cc in it. There's no option for woohoo with any bed, base game or cc. I'm getting moments where they can't get anything to eat or drink. They often have to cross the bridge and get off their little island to use the phone to travel. Something in that house is bugged, and it's getting on my nerves trying to shoot scenes in that little shoe box.🤣
  • hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    ahh what a stunning wedding - you wrote it so perfectly and did a beautiful job with the venue - I feel so happy for them both & don't think you should feel you need to re-write the part with Venessa, I think it was so funny and couldn't possibly have taken away from the moment between Danielle and Londyn. I've already read over it a few times now hehe, but if you really don't like what you've done with it then I don't see why you wouldn't change it. It's your baby after all :D
    s54gWQ5.png
    @hellohannah2 Thank you very much for the kind words and encouragement. I'm glad I didn't give in and change the story. I was tempted but I decided to sleep on it and see if I still felt the same in the morning. I always second guess my story and wonder if I could have done better, and that always makes me try harder on the next one. This one was that little bit worse because of the expectations I put on myself and the emotional investment that I'm building with all four of the ladies of Tartosa.

Now is Matteo ready to step up? There's no doubt in my mind he's going to propose, but when? What has Liberty uncovered about the beautiful and mysterious Izabella? What is Izabella up to? Darian and Summer's romance is a force of nature, but will the fire consume them? Or will their fire forge a romance that can withstand anything? And who's ready to see some honeymoon pictures?
    I know, I said I'd wait until our newlyweds got back from their honeymoon to see how they're doing. I can't help it, I'm dying to know...
    uk5z9vl.png
    u4guOCw.png

They are so adorable together.🥰
    Oh my god, Matteo! You sweet lovable man! YESSSSSS!!!!🥰🥰🥰 Sorry for shouting, but I'm so happy for Liberty and Matteo.
    Mq04GdP.jpg?4

I was going to have Liberty share what she learned about Izabella in the next episode. That storyline got pushed back to the following episode. This next one is honeymoon pictures and another proposal. It's really sweet and the wheel of love comes full circle.❤️ I was with Liberty when Danielle called to say Londyn was going to propose. Now I just need to think how would that sweet, sweet man go about proposing to Liberty? No matter how he does it, the backup save is going to get another workout. I know I want him to ask Liberty somewhere other than the beach in Tartosa. It will be in Tartosa I know that much for sure.

I have been doing happy dances all through the apartment and trying so hard not to squeal like a teenager.
    I have my plan for where Matteo is going to propose. The last thing is, like all the other main characters, his family and backstory will require some explanation. If I stay with what I have in mind, it's going to be similar to Londyn's story, not LGBTQ, but very emotional. I'll say it now, it's probably going to be a tearjerker. It will totally explain how he went from what I envisioned him to be, to who he is. I'm sorry in advance.
    I have my plan for where Matteo is going to propose. The last thing is, like all the other main characters, his family and backstory will require some explanation. If I stay with what I have in mind, it's going to be similar to Londyn's story, not LGBTQ, but very emotional. I'll say it now, it's probably going to be a tearjerker. It will totally explain how he went from what I envisioned him to be, to who he is. I'm sorry in advance.

No need to apologize, it's good to cry once in a while. :)

If I stay with the current storyline, you will be crying. I created it and it's reduced me to a puddle of tears. It does make me love Matteo that much more. But for every tear there will be a moment of pure joy. Matteo cements his place alongside the ladies as a main character from this point on. As a woman, I tend to focus a lot on the ladies of Tartosa, but Matteo and Darian are forcing me to acknowledge my reverse sexism. They're masculine and sensitive. A man can be masculine and sensitive at the same time. I'd argue that a man who can be sensitive and vulnerable emotionally in public, while being strong, is a real man. I'll stop before I launch into a rant.
  • luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,621 Member
    If I stay with the current storyline, you will be crying. I created it and it's reduced me to a puddle of tears.

Well, I'm not going to object to a good storyline reducing me to tears. (Having reduced myself to tears with my last Wyrd Girls arcs, there is little too much glass in my house to be throwing stones. :) ) I'm very interested to see where you take us.

Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
    @luciusstorm What I have in mind is the opposite of Mariah's story, but no less powerful. It came to me out of nowhere, but it totally explains why my best efforts to make Matteo a shallow playboy failed so completely. Who he was before he became a shallow playboy, is exactly who he is now. Now you will know why. If he chose the ristorante as the place to propose to Liberty, it'll make even more sense, and knock you to your knees even more. You've been warned...

If I stay with the current storyline, you will be crying. I created it and it's reduced me to a puddle of tears. It does make me love Matteo that much more. But for every tear there will be a moment of pure joy. Matteo cements his place alongside the ladies as a main character from this point on. As a woman, I tend to focus a lot on the ladies of Tartosa, but Matteo and Darian are forcing me to acknowledge my reverse sexism. They're masculine and sensitive. A man can be masculine and sensitive at the same time. I'd argue that a man who can be sensitive and vulnerable emotionally in public, while being strong, is a real man. I'll stop before I launch into a rant.

A man who is secure in his masculinity isn't afraid to shed a tear or two in public. I totally agree with your assessment. If we're Human, we have to agree we ALL have our soft sides.
    I've decided I'm going to reshoot the entire honeymoon episode again. I'm not going to let a little setback derail Danielle and Londyn's story. It means a bit of a wait for Matteo and Liberty's time in the spotlight, but I have to do this. I owe it to them and I owe it to you the readers.
    I've decided I'm going to reshoot the entire honeymoon episode again. I'm not going to let a little setback derail Danielle and Londyn's story. It means a bit of a wait for Matteo and Liberty's time in the spotlight, but I have to do this. I owe it to them and I owe it to you the readers.

I well know this feeling. Best of luck and I await the revision. :)
    edited August 2023
    Chapter Twenty

Following their spectacular wedding, Danielle and Londyn left the warmth and sunshine of Sulani for the cold and snow of Mt. Komorebi on the first leg of their honeymoon. It's a trip Londyn had dreamt about from time to time. Being raised in Sulani, four seasons are a strange new reality for Londyn. Sulani only has two seasons, hot in the fall and winter and hotter in spring and summer. And now, when the weather turns cool in Tartosa, it's not really all that bad. Snow was something that only happened on TV and ice was something you put in your drink. Pictures of snowy scenes always seemed so romantic to both Danielle and Londyn, it was the perfect place to have an unconventional honeymoon.

Mother Nature gave them a wedding gift. Just as they were arriving at their rental house the first flakes began to fall. This was a treat for Londyn since it was the first time in her life she had ever seen it snow. It was a bigger treat to look deep into each others eyes and get lost in the love that shone in them.
    pAsj5gS.png
    The snow made an impression on the ladies and they decided they would make an impression on it too. For both of them, this was their first time making snow angels!
    GhlnXov.png

After the snow angels, it was time to make a snowman!
    2oydAKg.png
    QWk8eN4.png
    JvHWzWT.png

After settling in, and playing in the snow, a visit to the Onsen was just the thing. After the trip and weeks of preparations for their wedding, Danielle and Londyn were looking forward to relaxing in the famous warm spring water. They weren't disappointed, the water was refreshing and they felt all the weariness melt away.
    lnN8yIS.png
    Soon, relaxation gave way to romance. A tender kiss from your soulmate has healing powers of its own.
    OaW2mbl.png

A little snuggle in the warm spring water helps to chase away the chill.
    dlsmwXO.png

Play time before heading back to the rental lodge...
    3F4BTbA.png
    5bGRYLJ.png

The fun didn't stop when they left the Onsen. It was just getting started...
    rPZLo20.png?1
    Xkl4QWs.png
    892weS1.png

"That shirt don't lie sweetie, you are my angel. Yesterday, today, and tomorrow, you are the only angel I need."
    tKKa7PL.png?1

"Victoria can have her secret, because baby, your's is a whole lot more fun. I love to learn it over and over again."
    caTkSAo.png

"Girl, I can't take it anymore! What would you say if I told you I wanted some angel food cake?"
    p3AgyGx.png

"I'd say, 'Your in luck, honey, because the kitchen is open and tonight's special just happens to be angel food.'"
    ynncEWm.png
    cW9NYv6.png

Hey, wait for me!
    em6P7MP.png?1
    Yi8FnDN.png
    MP2zTh1.png
    FJGSxJ7.png

When they weren't exploring new and exciting ways to show their love for each other, they were busy exploring Mt. Komorebi. The first thing they wanted to try was skiing. As you would expect, their first time on skies was a bit rocky...
    NofpXbi.png
    lGqbQNM.png

Danielle and Londyn are both very fit and athletic so they got the hang of it in no time...
    MDlVydR.png
    L8tn2IK.png
    1Pmdl2J.png
    zqajGyB.png
    ZJ5k6RO.png
    wfdjkMk.png
    amiqY7S.png

And when it ended badly with a wipeout at the bottom, there was always someone to administer first aid!
    pgPcCrp.png

Skiing was so much fun, and so successful, snowboarding was obviously the next thing up on the to do list...
    WiTlS7G.png
    Tlxs67n.png
    QNqzncY.png
    9570Syh.png
    r02EOwM.png
    PDw0kgP.png
    hK7aCCe.png
    ZdcjpKG.png
    X5Ye7BR.png
    LSjvGwG.png

They also made time to just be two souls deeply in love. Enjoying new adventures and experiences and doing them all with the most important person in the world, each other.
    X0Dc58L.png
    mn3uXMk.png
    hycO6Ml.png
    f71KgQC.png
    fsYgzob.png
    pJ8AZVI.png
    cuAlVkM.png
    JqGapQI.png
    U121XvB.png
    wpp1HVO.png
    L70uofA.png
    GYxJn7c.png

Before their honeymoon wound down Danielle and Londyn went hiking. It was quite the shock. Up on Mt. Komorebi it was endless snow and bitter cold. Down in the town, summer wasn't letting go. There was a late fall heatwave to greet them. It's a good thing that they listened to advice from people who had visited there at that time of year. The ladies were prepared for the weather in town, even though it was a bit uncomfortable getting out of and back into their lodgings.
    78SZaT5.png
    OLvLbrp.png
    bZ9xx9Q.png
    XilK6MM.png
    GroaUk4.png

Even on a hike they just can't help expressing their love, their fondness, and their devotion. The sun rises and sets in the others eyes, and their universe orbits around their all consuming love.
    wofcNoz.png

They stopped at the Ema board to make a wish. Londyn and Danielle had already gotten their wish, they found each other. What else to wish for? They still found something to wish for and not even the surprise rain shower could dampen their wishes or spirits.
    KcfNvDU.png

Back into after their hike they happened upon the Festival of Youth. Danielle couldn't help thinking about the scene. The children running around having fun got her and Londyn at least talking about what role a family might play in their future.
    dfhWavM.png
    FFj2oSm.png

Their time in Mt. Komorebi was coming to an end. The next stop was Henford-on-Bagley. It was right in front of the Gnome's Arms pub where Danielle knew her love for Londyn was real, that Londyn was the only one she wanted to spend the rest of her life with. To share every moment of joy, of pain, every high, every low, everything.

When they arrived it was if Mother Nature had arranged the weather just for them, sunny and warm. Very unlike the normal autumn weather in Henford. They rented a cottage on Nettle Lane. They quickly stowed their luggage and made a beeline for the village.
    0AdVeOA.png
    Their stay in Henford wasn't going to be a long one, and Danielle wanted go back and stand on the spot where she realized what true love was, and share the moment with her soulmate.

"I was standing right here, on this very spot, when I knew without a doubt I wanted you in my life forever. I had been trying to sort through my thoughts and emotions ever since we met on the beach in Tartosa. I'd never been in love with another woman before and it was all a bit confusing. But as the days went by, I was becoming surer and surer that it was right. Every time you were near, my heart beat faster and I couldn't keep my eyes off you. I couldn't think about anything but you, and I knew I didn't want to. Nothing else in this world mattered to me but being near you. To feel the touch of your hand, to look into your eyes, and I found it harder and harder to do anything when you weren't there. You were standing over there by the gate talking to Summer and Liberty, and like a wave it hit me, I knew if it was the last thing I ever did I was going to be with you and never leave your side. I'm an author. I make my living with words. But even I cannot find the words to truly explain how much I love you. There is no language on earth that has the ability to convey how much you mean to me"
    MgCWQAd.png?1

"I know I feel exactly the same way about you. I love you like I have never loved anyone before. If tomorrow I had to choose between you and being a movie star, I would choose you every time. The world of movies and tv has always been something I've loved, or thought I did. That night before we officially met, when I saw you in Celebrazioni, I knew I would give up every dream I ever had, if that's what it took to be with you. I would still toss my dreams of stardom out the window and never, ever, regret it or look back. You, Danielle, are my dream. You are my world, my everything. If my world crashed down around me right now, I know I would make it through so long as you are right there beside me. When I touch you, when I hold your hand in mine there is nothing in this world I fear. You know what I want, what I really really want..."
    YIT4xsB.png

The nice weather held throughout the day. The ladies were able to go for a walk through the Bramblewood and enjoy the scenery. It would be so lovely to catch it in the summer when the leaves were still on the trees, or as the leaves were changing and hadn't yet dropped.
    f5JiDFv.png
    vG6BGSk.png
    mXXBTws.png
    NPv2Bim.png
    4yIITny.png
    YJG6WJz.png
    ZPx8YPY.png
    wJ079RK.png

That evening they headed back into the village for the Finchwick Fair. Unlike the last time they were at the Fair, the exhibits were rather poor. There were other, more interesting things to do back on Nettle Lane.

"Is it just me, or is this feeling kind of lame? I mean even Agnes Crumplebottom couldn't be bothered to show up. I kind of wanted the old hag to come around so we could tempt fate, and drive her nuts."
    idwxmWA.png

"I didn't want to say it, but, yeah, there's only three exhibits and they're really sad. Angel food cake?"
    N0h61bW.png

"I thought you'd never ask. I don't care about calories, I'm so hungry I might have seconds or thirds!"
    SQRrpeo.png

This being Henford in the autumn, the next few days were quite rainy indeed. That left the ladies stranded indoors. As you may have guessed, angel food cake...
    8zxLgsJ.png

With their honeymoon at an end, it was back to Tartosa...and a bit of a surprise. Summer and Matteo stopped by to ask about the honeymoon, and in his case, deliver a surprise. Matteo excused himself for a few minutes to allow the ladies to talk.

"I want details. Don't hold anything back."
    WkmM8Rq.png
    Danielle and Londyn spent the next half hour talking about all the exciting things they did in Mt. Komorebi and Henford-on-Bagley.
    LY4wo9g.png

"I love angel food cake! I make a great one. Sims everywhere rave about how tasty my angel food cake is!"
    ZDStYZA.png

"Summer, I don't think you quite understand. Angel food cake is our code word for..."
    AMTirsk.png

With that Matteo joined the conversation.

"I trust you two had a wonderful honeymoon. I couldn't help overhearing you mention angel food cake. Liberty and I love angel food cake too! Who doesn't!
    Jsc7kg0.png

After the laughter died down. Matteo got down to business. He announced his plans to propose to Liberty, a fact that Summer had already been clued in on.

"I have the perfect spot picked out. It has a lot of memories for me, it's very special. It's full of memories of happy times from my when I was a child and teenager, before life took a turn for the worse. But we're not here to talk about sad things, we're here to talk about the happiest day of my life. Now what I need from the three of you..."
    t96b1yB.png

...they were all eager to help with Matteo's plan. We'll find out how the ladies figure into the plan in the next episode of Under The Tartosan Sun.☀️💞
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
    Once I knew exactly what portions of the original post were over the line I made the decision to edit it and add some new elements to it instead of starting over. An awful lot of work went into the original. I didn’t want to throw it all away, start over, and delay Matteo and Liberty’s big moment any further. A big thank you to @EA_Cade for helping me sort out the edits that were needed, and to you the reader for sticking with this story and the inspiration you give me. We’re just getting started.❤️

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top