Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Single sim challenges?

Besides rags to riches are there single sim challenges? I need a break from doing my legacy challenge.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2022
    Just One Sim - Love this challenge! It's unique since you start out as a toddler!

Room Challenge - This is one of the first challenges posted on the forum when TS4 was released. It was very popular back in the day.

Runaway Teen Challenge - Another oldie but a goodie!

Asylum Challenge - This one involves 8 Sims, but you only control one. I've tried this several times and always had a ball with it!

I know of one other that is extremely fun to play, however, the creator has removed her blog with the rules for it. I've contacted her and will let you know if the rules have been posted elsewhere with a link. It's called Shipwrecked.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    So on the just one sim one I’m guessing you have to have the independent trait then? Cause If not they can’t go to the bathroom. 🤣 and what about getting food?
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Just One Sim - Love this challenge! It's unique since you start out as a toddler!

Room Challenge - This is one of the first challenges posted on the forum when TS4 was released. It was very popular back in the day.

Runaway Teen Challenge - Another oldie but a goodie!

Asylum Challenge - This one involves 8 Sims, but you only control one. I've tried this several times and always had a ball with it!

I know of one other that is extremely fun to play, however, the creator has removed her blog with the rules for it. I've contacted her and will let you know if the rules have been posted elsewhere with a link. It's called Shipwrecked.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
    @wylmite1986

It's been awhile since I played that challenge, but I would say yes, your toddler would need the independent trait. For food, the toddler has to hope their parents prepare food for everyone and not just an individual dish for themselves. Or, make sure the lot they live on is near a park or public area. That's what I did. My toddlers didn't count on their parents for food, they would toddle over to the park and hope someone had grilled up something for them. Sometimes they would steal food from their parents by distracting them in some way. It's not an easy challenge at all which is what I love about it! :)

Also, I contacted the Simmer about her Shipwrecked challenge and she gave me a link to a new blog with the rules for it:

Shipwrecked by @Jendowoz0612
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited September 2022
    Oh that one sounds fun! A little challenging but different. Do you think it would work in Sulani instead? for some reason I pictured it there instead. I know the island needs to have like what 4 lots total? Is there an island there that has that? I can't remember. I might just tweak it a little and do a little bit of the rags to riches and the shipwrecked challenge. Maybe...
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @wylmite1986

It's been awhile since I played that challenge, but I would say yes, your toddler would need the independent trait. For food, the toddler has to hope their parents prepare food for everyone and not just an individual dish for themselves. Or, make sure the lot they live on is near a park or public area. That's what I did. My toddlers didn't count on their parents for food, they would toddle over to the park and hope someone had grilled up something for them. Sometimes they would steal food from their parents by distracting them in some way. It's not an easy challenge at all which is what I love about it! :)

Also, I contacted the Simmer about her Shipwrecked challenge and she gave me a link to a new blog with the rules for it:

Shipwrecked by @Jendowoz0612

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2022
    Hi, @wylmite1986 My Shipwrecked Challenge would work in Sulani, as long as you clear the lots needed for the final part of the challenge as long as there is an "Anything goes, party bush" which you must use as a toilet until you can afford to get a real one. If you can't find a lot that has one, that could be something you buy before you reduce your money down to $1,000. You will need 4 residential and one Community lot. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know how you are going if you choose to do this challenge. If you write a story alongside the challenge and I'd love to read it.

You can check my other gameplay challenges on the same link as @Karababy52 gave you. There are a few others there and I'm in the process of adding more.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    @wylmite1986 @Karababy52 Can the toddler ask caregivers for help? Toddlers can ask caregivers to teach them potty (by clicking the potty chair), and can ask caregivers for food too.
    gen3-banner.png
    @mightysprite - No, toddlers in that challenge can't ask anyone for help, including their parents. They just have to hope their parents will autonomously take care of them. The parents in mine did sometimes give their toddlers a bath or teach them things, but the toddler can not ask for them to help them. Like I said, it's not a very easy challenge. It gets better for them when a child, but still quite challenging since they can't fix anything that breaks in the house or call for a repair person until they're a child. The creator of the challenge didn't allow children to use a phone for such things at first, but later someone brought up the subject and the creator changed that rule so children can use their phones. I personally still don't let them call for one. At one point just about everything in the house was broken and I wondered if my child would make it to a teen. She mostly spent her time at a gym in the neighborhood when that happened. :)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,808 Member
    Gotcha. Yes, that does sound like a challenge!
    gen3-banner.png
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I am currently doing the Room Challenge, and its going pretty nicely. The biggest hurdle is social, but my sim worked on his few plants, and got to level 4 gardening. He's now constantly happy and not lonely anymore. I think this is the most interesting challenge I've done so far. Its actually quite refreshing not having random sims wanting to talk to mine.

I use the trespassing option on the front door, and only the mailman has shown up so far :D