Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you create or go premades?

Comments

• viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I not only use premades, I have premades from three other games in my worlds. Got most of Strangetown living in Strangerville (the Singles are in Windenburg and the Anjay is in Oasis Springs), the original Roomies are in Willow Creek, Newcrest is now New Veronaville. I so far have all the sims from the original three TS2 worlds, TS1 inspired versions of the Goth and Bachelor older generation and a scattering of sims from TS3 to fill out worlds.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Mainly ones I've created myself, but there are a few households, such as The Goths and the Pancakes that I keep in the world/save to my households.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Depends on the save. In my current save I created only my founding sim from scratch, and have since then been playing with born in game sims, premades, and a few townies. I've made a child in CAS for one childless premade couple and may do it again, other times I have them try for baby and see what happens.

But in my previous saves I made a lot more of my own sims. I'm just trying to use every premade in the game in some capacity in this save and making more of my own would make that take longer. I have more than twenty households in rotation as it is, which takes forever to get through.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I create my own!
    But sometimes, if I have the time, I like to do a whole town makeover and play in rotation.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    One of the first things I do in any Sim game is instantly delete all premades only want my own Sims.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I always create and then get obsessive about doing townie makeovers.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    LegoGirl wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I play mostly with the premades.

Do you have a favourite premade to play?

I think it's probably the Goth household. I played with the paranormal pack in their house and has so much fun.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 545 Member
    For me, it depends on what plotline(s) I have in mind. Sometimes I'll start with a new sim, always a single young adult. Sometimes I'll start with a premade. Premades frequently feature in my stories though, even if I'm playing an original family.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    I delete all premades except for the Goth family.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I ignore the premades, but let them live in my game as background Sims.
    However, some of my Sims I create have married premades, so I give them makeovers, except if it is Caleb Vatore, and the kids from the pairings are used for other Sims I create.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited September 2022
    After the changes made to the Goths, I have backup copies of most of the premade characters in my tray.

Werewolves didn't really interest me at the time, so I downloaded a version of Rory Oaklow from the Gallery and customized her to my liking.

Usually, I delete the premade characters as soon as I start a new save, and they are gradually replaced with Tray Sims by MCCC. Occasionally, the "backup" versions or even my customized versions from old saves pop up. MCCC will not delete the pets, so I tend to have my own Sims adopt them.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    edited September 2022
    I play a few premades that came with the game, I like the Goths, and play them a bit. The Landgrabbs I play to own businesses because I don’t mind cheating with premades. And I like to have some ready made businesses. I do the same with the Callientes, they own businesses too. When I first started playing the game I downloaded some peoples sims to play. But, since I reupload my sims every once in awhile so I don’t lose all their progression, and I found out that others don’t like you to reupload their sims, I stopped downloading any others. long ago, which is a shame as there are some sims out there that are ones I would play, but it’s too much work trying to keep track whose sims they are. Except with my daughters sims as she doesn’t care if I reupload them. A few of the beginning sims I downloaded have become pretty much my own, after playing them awhile I made up stories for them. I make most of my sims however now, and have for quite awhile now. I play a few that came with expansions. And once in a great while I will play a townie who was not housed, usually because my sim has been dating them, or I liked the way they looked, and added a family to them. So I would say it’s rather a mixture. I do like to go in and make over townies too, but usually just changing their clothes, and/or giving them families.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I create my main sim. If I want her or him to marry I’ll either look in the gallery if I have someone specific in mind or I’ll just wait until wonderful whims says something. Right now though my current sim is eyeing everyone. So far she’s found like 5 people who were made for her 🤣 but of course I’m taking a break from family play so dating around isn’t a bad thing. At least I have options. 🤣
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    edited September 2022
    I create, mostly. One of the things I do like to do is randomize CAS. It's fun to see what comes out of the generator. I usually keep kids in the same stuff they generate unless it's just ridiculous. I do like to play with Johnny Zest occ. He lives in his trailer in OS and I gave him lots of dogs and cats.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    both but with aging fully turn off
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,027 Member
    I've almost always created my sims from scratch, but those sims have on occasion fallen for premade sims which has caused them to be added to the family.

I've only started out with premade twice. The first time I started with Johnny Zest as an attempt to see if a challenge idea I had would work. The second time because I got inspired by someone in the forum who said she had played "a year in the life off..." with all the premades. That sounded a lot of fun, so I just started and I'll see if it keeps me interested. I do tend to get bored after a while, so I like the idea of switching after a calendar year and seeing where that takes me.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    A little bit of column A and none of column B. I have terrible Same-Face-Itis but I don't like most of the premades so I delete the vast majority of them but instead of creating all my own sims from scratch I download them from the gallery. I've done this so many times and I gravitate toward the same gallery sims and families to the point where I have my own little batch of "premades."
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I make my own. Making Sims is one of my favorite things about the game. But I do occasionally, yet rarely, play a premade here and there, when they've mixed with my Sims. Particularly the Vampires, Goths, and possibly other Occults.
    #Team Occult
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I create then marry NPCs. NPCs always get makeovers though, without exception.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    The only premade I've ever really enjoyed playing is Kayleigh Golden. I think she was just a walk-by Sim, who landed in the same bar, Erik Cantrell was in many iterations ago. They hit it off like I've never seen for him. I added her to my household and made her my own. I don't even recall her name, but like I learned back in 2014, there is only ever one of each walk-by Sim, which is why I added her to my Sim's family and uploaded her into My Library. She originally came with a Toddler daughter Melody.

The only other time I've ever played with premades, was when I was doing the Pinstar's Legacy Challenge. It was fun, but the Founder and all Heirs after them must marry a Townie, as we used to call them back in Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I play Premades. And I’ve been playing the same game for years with aging off. Nancy Lamdgraab has been married 3 times 🤣🤣

It’s a huge soap opera. Only recently, I’ve started aging up the kids.

I had way too many Sims, so some of the Premades I don’t play with. Also, I sometimes have deaths but they have to be dramatic. Like being poisoned by an arch enemy.
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    edited September 2022
    I only play with my sim, made by me, and my boyfriend creates the male sims for me (because I'm terrible at it) I only use pre-made sims to test mods when there are updates, or if I find a bug or strange situation in my game.

PS: To the premade sims, I delete some (like the famous 5 star that I hate and I don't even know her name) and others receive a makeover and generally go about their lives.