Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Types Of Traits Etc...

If you want to play with your favorite Sim, what type of treats do you always gravitate towards? I was thinking about starting a new single sim challenge but I've been thinking that I just need a break from challenges and just want to play without having to follow any rules. I just don't know what kind of Sim to create. I could do one of the random ones from the quiz thing but I like to start with no skills. So yeah, just wanted to get some of your guys input.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• LarrikatevenLarrikateven Posts: 99 Member
    If you want to play with your favorite Sim, what type of treats do you always gravitate towards?

With a typo like that, maybe you should look into an outdoorsy, animal-loving Sim that can give treats to dogs/cats/llamas?
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I mostly just randomize my Sims' traits nowadays. I don't care about what they are, I play with what I get and it's much more fun to play when my Sims aren't perfect.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Gotta love auto correct! Didn’t even notice it! 🤣🤣🤣

If you want to play with your favorite Sim, what type of treats do you always gravitate towards?

With a typo like that, maybe you should look into an outdoorsy, animal-loving Sim that can give treats to dogs/cats/llamas?

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    There are traits I'll never use, because I find them pointless. Some I don't use because they are annoying. Like Music/art lover, dance machine, child of the ocean, geek, animal/cat/dog person. They are just too limiting and "forces" me to let my sim do spesific things. I will get rid of those traits (and quite a few more) if a townie moves in with my sims.

I have many sims who are Foodies, perfectionists (because higher chance of masterpieces etc), creative, genious, outdoorsy. And a few others I can't remember right now.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I like using the Jealous trait, since it had a more noticeable impact on gameplay. A jealous sim can be entertainingly needy and dramatic.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I will pick what I think will suit the sim and what they may want to do. So I’d have the focused one if I was making a scientist.

But I have clumsy on a sim and it’s really funny to watch her fall over 😂. So these behaviour traits are definitely worth something as well as they make the sim stand out.

I also picked the vegetarian one for a sim, that makes it a bit interesting. She did eat meat one time by mistake but otherwise it’s something extra to manage.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    The clumsy trait is one of my favorite ! I feel bad now though since they added the want of not wanting to fall for more then 4 hours and then the fall like 2 seconds later. 🤣
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    I will pick what I think will suit the sim and what they may want to do. So I’d have the focused one if I was making a scientist.

But I have clumsy on a sim and it’s really funny to watch her fall over 😂. So these behaviour traits are definitely worth something as well as they make the sim stand out.

I also picked the vegetarian one for a sim, that makes it a bit interesting. She did eat meat one time by mistake but otherwise it’s something extra to manage.

sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Bro/Confident are my favorites in CAS. ;)
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    It depends on what personality I want them to have.

However, if you're looking for an all-purpose trait for a sim that is likely to have less problems in life, I'd recommend "self-assured". It makes them confident, and confident sims seem to have less problems, and get over them faster.

If you want a sim that's more entertaining, I like erratic, clumsy, childish, paranoid, or romantic. Some of my favorite characters have one or a combination of those traits. I have a beauty with childish and romantic, and she was always playing with her children's toys and the dollhouse. Her evil husband would sometimes stand there and watch her play with toys. lol (Oh yeah, evil is kinda fun too. I just love the "evil laugh" they do!) I don't like goofball though, because they keep breaking the toilets. (But it is pretty funny when they prank the toilet, and then use it, and then get bummed out that "someone" pranked the toilet!)

• simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    I really like the high maintence trait as the sims wake up in some weird and wonderful moods over such silly things.
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties