Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fear of Fire trait ???

I have never experienced this in game, will my sim never be able to lit a fire now?
She had no cooking skill and burned the food three times, the second time she had to extinguish herself in the shower. Then I noticed she can no longer do anything that has to do with fire, looked around and came across the trait that she now has a fear of fire. Never heard of it LOL, does it go away?
XudBmBF.png
hqWEsOL.png

Comments

• WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Never seen that before either. Interesting...
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Never seen that before either. Interesting...

Yeah but its not good, she has to live on salads and blt's now :D , because anything she cooks is fire, I even got a sprinkler system in her house now. I wonder if it dropped with the update today mmmm
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited July 2022
    Yes, it's new with the update. One of the fears. :)
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited July 2022
    I watched a let's play with James Turner pre-pack show of the gameplay and his sim had a fear of a dead end job. He seemed to conquer the fear by getting promoted. So I would think its possible to overcome them.
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    One of my sims got that fear after catching on fire and my sims weren't autonomously extinguishing the fire like usual. I had to click on them to do it but I also noticed a sprinkler magically appeared. I never seen that before.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited July 2022
    This is a new feature from the new update.

There is a spiked bubble to the right of your sim's profile. This is a way to conquer the fear.

Plus you can also get a potion that removes fears from the rewards store.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thanks all for your comments :) Thanks @EgonVM for that explanation. Once I am back on my computer then I will try and overcome the fear using those bubbles I thought was whims because its a new save game.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2022
    I saw that in a list of new fears and thought "that doesn't sound fun".

It's kinda annoying how many of my sims developed that water fear that made them tense when they went swimming (and one guy got tense in his own home, when he wasn't even near water). But now they added a new fear of water and a bunch of other fears.

Why would fear of fire increase your chances of accidentally starting fires? My rl mom is afraid of fire, and that makes more careful to not start fires than people who don't have that fear. So why would fear of fires make sims more likely to start them?

• TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited July 2022
    The good news is your sim that's afraid of fire is a werewolf, so she can eat raw meat. Go fishing and gulp down a raw bass. lol

My werewolf developed the water fear, but at least she can lick herself clean.

p.s. It looks like my sim lives in the same house as yours, but yours looks like one of my mermaids. Fear of water would have been a problem for her.

• BellatrixSimBellatrixSim Posts: 1 New Member
    If you have a magic user in your home that knows the "copypasto" spell, you can buy the "fear-be-gone" potion from the rewards store for 300; then but the potion on the ground, use that spell & create many of them. I keep extras in my all of my sims inventory in case another fear happens.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I've seen it. After the mom in my game managed to catch herself on fire when unloading, I think, the dryer. Seems reasonable to me. At least her family was nearby and able to extinguish her. Losing her would have made for a sorrowful twist in my story. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RichB4U2RichB4U2 Posts: 1 New Member
    A "Spiked Bubble?"

I am looking at the "Symology" for my Sim. I see the traits "Fear of Fire, Fear of Death, etc."
    I DO NOT see a spiked bubble or anything else that I can click on to make changes.

Please show some pictures of where and how this thing is.

Thank you.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    6RUv3X9.png

Here, it should look like this. Hovering over the spiked bubble with the fire in it tells you what to do.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    My sim set herself on fire lighting the fireplace. She extinguished herself in the shower but wouldn't go near the fireplace due to her fear of fire. She had to "extinguish" a fire, I guess so she could prove that she could. I had her put out the fire in the fireplace, but that didn't make the fear go away. Her best friend had to come over, light the campfire in the backyard so Oceania could go outside and put the fire out. Oh and one thing, after she extinguished the fire, the fear didn't go away, right away. Instead, I saved, went to map view then back to her and the fear was gone. I don't know if that the way it's supposed to happen, but that's how I got rid of it.

That's the only fear my sims have had so far.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • LauraRamadaniLauraRamadani Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi!
    Just buy the potion ”fear-away” as an elixir in the reward shop of the sims ambition. There the fear of fire will be visible, click to buy it. Then let your sim drink it.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,660 Member
    Is it permanent or will it go away after so and so long?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    AFAIK it sticks around until you address it.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    My sim had a fear of death after watching her partner die infront of her
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties