Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like the option to Paint the Ceilings? Yea or Nay?

1235...Next

Comments

• Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    It's the little things - little touches that make all the difference. This feature is needed for story telling and photography.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited September 2022
    Yea.(yes)
    Ah sure why not?

It’s been a while and I only feel stronger about customizable ceilings since Werebeasts gave us corrugated roofs with holes in it.
    I’ve also been building underground maze tunnels which I’d frequently explore in First Person mode because it’s 1. scarier and 2. more fun - but we’d all be a lot more immersed if there was a bit of structure, texture and color to be seen above our sim’s head instead of this white thing that seems to watch over them like a flat, white eyeball that isn’t even an eyeball.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    iWElFEe.png
    kjbeIMB.png
    T8N3LIn.png

"Aargh! Those blank ceilings have Ray Trace feeling so ANGRY!"
    A1hnP0t.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I mostly play with the walls in cutaway mode. I only put the walls up for screenshots. There are times though when the contrast between the ceiling and the rest of the room is really noticeable. I feel this urgent need to fix it.
    Yea.(yes)
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    iWElFEe.png
    kjbeIMB.png
    T8N3LIn.png

"Aargh! Those blank ceilings have Ray Trace feeling so ANGRY!"

YAARGH! Absolutely, it doesn’t make sense! 😡

Lovin’ the centre shot btw. It looks like the outside of a building inside a building.
  • HermioneSimsHermioneSims Posts: 785 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I was thinking about this like yesterday, while I was trying to create a Hogwarts-looking setting (mostly modifying the beautiful stuff shared in the gallery, because I'm an horrible builder).

Anyway, to make some examples:
    In many rooms the white ceiling is just horrible, like in this classroom suddenly turning way less magic.

4rOcatR.png

When adding cc to cover the ceilings instead, the situation is immediately quite different

jHK5ajj.png
    2if86miljyb3.png
    You can follow the Legacy Miller from my blog and the forum thread, *Chapter 8.17 posted on the 18th of April 2024*
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I usually delete the ceiling because painting isn't an option and have the roof instead because it's feels more finished.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Yay, if it’s easy to do
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member
    Yea.(yes)

After 6 years I feel my builds are still incomplete.
    Add another 3 years, but, better late than never, right? B)<3

Disclaimer: not necroposting, this still is pretty "new info" :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Yea.(yes)

After 6 years I feel my builds are still incomplete.
    Add another 3 years, but, better late than never, right? B)<3

Disclaimer: not necroposting, this still is pretty "new info" :p

Thank you @Ellupelluellu for keeping this thread alive! :D
    I'm totally fine with "late" but I won't celebrate just yet. Until there's an official announcement with respect to ceiling customization for basegame -I mean it will have to be basegame right?!- I'll be holding me horses. 🐴🐴
  • fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    So in our house, irl, someone took the time to do...um, some sort of textured swirl thing on our ceilings, not sure exactly what you would call it. But I found a picture of it online! I love love love our ceilings and would like to have something like this in-game.

swirl-ceiling-texture.jpg
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I would love if painting got overhauled. In addition to painting the ceiling, you should be able to paint the fireplace and floors. I wish you could also change the luster of the walls like matte, semi-gloss or high-gloss
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Maybe the new pack will provide the ability, as hinted in one of the screenshots. So many builds, especially period ones, just look wrong with while ceilings. TS2 has paintable ones so why not 4?
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I suspect cc creators are going to go crazy with making a gazillion new textures/patterns/paints for ceilings. People have been begging for this feature for 9+ long years.

Stucco, spackled, tin patterns, wood, paint colours, etc etc... I wonder if it will be a new category? Or will it just be that floor tiles will now also go on ceilings?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    Now that the colored ceilings will be soon put in Sims 4, this will so be way useful & better for many of my sims homes.
    I have a big treehouse that I built for my Tarzan & Jane about 3 years ago. Their white bottom of their home has always annoyed me cause I couldn’t fix it due to being only vanilla player.
    Another built of mine is my Alice in Wonderland home. I made a pretty flowery garden on the outdoor main floor & the magical wonderland below ground in a big basement & always wanted to have the basement ceiling entryway dirt brown & “Wonderland” sky blue.
    Oh, just had a thought, I probably could eventually actually have my Doctor WHO’s TARDIS ceilings (2 floors below ground) dark blue. Ooo…🤩😎😍🥰😛😉
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    edited July 2023
    Yea.(yes)
    I hope they added ones for older packs too like JA temple ceilings etc and that it indeed is in base game too not just the pack

but oh boy am I going to have ceilings to paint

I wonder if apartment ceilings etc can be painted
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,109 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    It's not a feature that I would personally use. Honestly, I've never even noticed the ceilings.
  • momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    Yawn. (What? Ceilings?)
    I'm happy for the folks who desperately wanted this feature, but I have to say that I think I've seen the ceiling a total of once in 9 years in my game, and that was with the 1st person camera on to give a house tour. Like if there was for some reason a ceiling decoration kit, I would have zero desire to get it, and no reason to.

But of course I'm not mad that some feature I personally find useless is being added to the game, because clearly plenty of people do want it.

I would sure be happy if someday something I actually wanted got added to the game, though, after everything that everyone else wants has been added eventually (except cars).

I just realized that I don't even know what my irl ceiling looks like. It's probably white but I just don't look at it that often.
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yea.(yes)
    I just finally got to finish coloring (new ceiling) my old Tarzan & Jane’s Jungle Treehouse brown.
    I’ve also did the following to my cabin homes & cottage. As well as Alice’s Wonderland.
    I’m saving my updates in the Gallery. They’re all under my username SEREFRAS.
    On another note I’m almost finished with my new build I call Saskatchewan Farm Ranch.🤩🥰😎😉