Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: Pay for DLCs, or postpone new DLCs for bug fixes? No happy middle.

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited August 2022
    I want bug fixes!
    I doubt this is about specs... or is it? Still, the game is unplayable on my end.

I don't think it will be the case because my experience with TS3 was worse after only 4 years.
    TS4 is 8 years old, it doesn't crash when I try to save a game like TS3 did.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It "plays", but the toggles don't work- so there is really no reason to keep playing. I am sick of having celebs all over and being scared of the world. It's exaggerated to the point of being utterly annoying.

TS3 just lags to the point of being frustrating.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited August 2022
    I want DLCs!
    Fame is still off in my game I don't know this bug.

Maybe you should start a new game to check if this issue occurs.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    I doubt everything you just stated. Sorry. 5 billion dollars should be enough to fix all the bugs ten times over.

It's impossible to know everything at 100% .
    And it's worse when other people more or less tired are working on the same project.

Keep in mind they are humans, they make mistakes like everybody.

The game is different for everybody, for example I had none of these bugs in my game (Aging and Fame are off).
    If I was an EA employee I wouldn't find them.
    If you were an EA employee who is testing if features are working, you would have both aging and fame on. I actually have aging and fame off and I noticed fame being added to a Sim and my Sims ready to age up when that has never happened before. So if I can easily catch it so should they.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    I want bug fixes!
    Fame is still off in my game I don't know this bug.

Maybe you should start a new game to check if this issue occurs.

Just tried. I still get fame points. Sorry, it's a bug.
    edited August 2022
    I want DLCs!
    @Gamer_34567544 @ChadSims2

Strange, these bugs aren't in my game.

Do you own all the packs ?

I try to understand but maybe I don't use the same features that you use.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    I want more DLC packs, however, I chose the bug fixes.
    I don't buy packs right away, except for Paranormal and Werewolves, because I have seen people having to deal with the bugs.
    The packs seem like they were made to be stand alone, like if you had the base game and the specific pack, it would be fine. The thing is that most players have more than one pack, and it sometimes feels like the packs don't mesh well together, and causes glitches. Even some packs feel like they should've done a couple more test runs before it was released.
    So, even though I want more DLC, I would rather have the bug fixes.
    I want bug fixes!
    @Gamer_34567544 @ChadSims2

Strange, these bugs aren't in my game.

Do you own all the packs ?

I try to understand but maybe I don't use the same features that you use.

It's okay. And no, I only grabbed the EPs, except HSY and G2W, all GPs except Wedding, all the SPs, and a small amount of kits. If I had to deal with every single bug in the entire game at once, I would probably go insane.

In any case, we already knew G2W was a mess for some time now, yet I don't recall anyone saying anything has been done about it yet. That's only one pack, bugs are everywhere.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I want DLCs!
    i went both dlc and bug fix but that option is not on the poll
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    I want bug fixes!
    i went both dlc and bug fix but that option is not on the poll

It's a tradeoff. Something has to give.
    edited August 2022
    I want DLCs!
    @Gamer_34567544

Sometimes the bugs don't occur when the new pack is installed.
    I would recommend to do not update your game if you don't plan to buy the new DLC, wait and see if bugs are reported.

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    I want bug fixes!
    @Gamer_34567544

Sometimes the bugs doesn't occur when the new pack is installed.
    I would recommend to do not update your game if you don't plan to buy the new DLC, wait and see if bugs are reported.

I got it on Steam, aka auto updates. :s
  • Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    @Gamer_34567544 Right click Properties, go to updates, set to "only update when I launch it". Only play when Steam and Origin are both in offline mode. Had to use this workaround a lot for other games when I had limited data per month. In some cases you have to make a shortcut to the exe.
    I want bug fixes!
    Jade47 wrote: »
    @Gamer_34567544 Right click Properties, go to updates, set to "only update when I launch it". Only play when Steam and Origin are both in offline mode. Had to use this workaround a lot for other games when I had limited data per month. In some cases you have to make a shortcut to the exe.

Thanks. I'll have to wait for the next update to even play, though, assuming bugs actually will get fixed.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Happy Middle.
    It shouldn't be any other way.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    I want more DLCs but I want the bug fixes first. I don't want to spend more money on more DLCs until the current problems are fixed.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    Fix the game
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I want DLCs!
    not on the poll i went dlc and bug fix
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited September 2022
    I have no need to choose either/or... nor am I a fan of these forum polls where people invent a false dichotomy like as if it's some kind of representation on the reality of the situation. It's not.

Buggy mess or not, the devs are quite capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    It's also frustrating when a patch meant to update or fix something else brings on more bugs with another pack you've purchased that didn't even exist before and now doesn't play right :(
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    Good thing I held off voting. Normally I'd said this is a balance, as some bugs have easy workarounds or only affect certain playstyles. Like the off toggle for fears not working, that's a dealbreaker for me, but not neccessarily for everyone. But the moment a gamebreaking bug like groundhog day hits, all bets are off - fix, please.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    If you had asked me this before the high school years EP, I probably would have said something like 'fix the game please' but still continued to buy DLC because I want new things. Now I have finally reached the point where I refuse to buy anything. I want a game that is playable. The wants and fears are horrible but the devs don't even mention the broken game option? We have a second DLC this year with people saying it is released too buggy to play. How is that possible? I think high school years is the first EP I intentionally will not buy, and that means something considering I started buying EP with living large in the sims 1.
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    edited September 2022
    This wouldn't even be an issue if packs were released in a stable, bug-free state from the start.

I know there will always be bugs, but there's a difference between tiny, harmless bugs like minor clipping or finding a way past invisible walls to reach areas you weren't meant to see and large, game-breaking bugs that cause people to be unable to play the game they paid for because its unplayable.

Saying bug fixes are pointless because the next dlc will break the game is the problem. Dlc shouldn't break the game. Period.

Somebody at EA had to know the state the content is in and gave the ok to release it anyway. You could say they had to follow deadlines, but here's the thing. It's not like they can't delay the release of a pack to fix things up. Many gaming companies have delayed the release of their games such as Fromsoft with Elden Ring and Rockstar with Red Dead Redemption 2.

You'll get some people who are upset, but I think most will be understanding with a delay if it means more time is spent in releasing a quality product.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    > @JAL said:
    > The one and only DLC I have bought at full price was Dine out, the amount of bugs still there has shown me that it's just not worth it. I wait for bug fixes and then buy them at sales, since they won't be bug free anyway.
    >
    > Now, if a pack did arrive fully formed without the bugs, then I might be willing to pay full price for it.

In fairness to the sims, you did unfortunately buy the buggiest pack (on release at least). There’s been a couple of others like the wedding stories and yes there’s some minor bugs with all the packs. But generally a new pack isn’t the mess that dine out was and it’s sad that was your experience.
  • JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    > @SimsLovinLycan said:
    > The company has basically designated The Sims as a "girl game" (the gaming industry is notoriously half-hearted about the development and final quality of games aimed at female audiences, with many ending up as mindless shovelware titles)...and you can see how the box of figs to be given became empty around here.
    >
    > My suspicion is that there will be no TS5.

I see where you’re coming from, however if we do consider sims as a “Girl Game”. Firstly it’s not however why does it have that branding?

Because it’s the most popular game with girls. Half of the population. Who are notorious for spending money on things that they enjoy.

It’s not a “girl game”. It’s THE girl game and has been for years and years. It’s a market that AAA game devs have been trying to crack for the longest time.

They’d be absolutely ridiculously stupid to stop making the Sims.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    I want bug fixes!
    I am cautiously optimistic about the DLC packs getting big fixes (or better yet, refreshes). Since the Sims 4 is going Free to Play, there's now monetary incentive for EA to improve what they have instead of moving on to the next thing.