Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Summit

Comments

• CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Anyone know if its possible to redeem the free kit while NOT updating their game? Im still on a pre-HSY patch and I don't want to update my game. But Id like to redeem the free kit while it's available. I'm fine with not playing with it for awhile, I just want to get it while it's free.

Maybe try going to the website? Otherwise, I think you have to be online in Origin in order to even see it and get it. I know I play the game offline (in-game) and I couldn't download it that way. Had to go to Origin and drill down to the kits and find it that way.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    I personally do not get it! What in the world is "The Sims Summit"? Cause my mind is still wanting my R&B radio station back to The Sims 4 before 2022 will end
    Maybe they'll reveal R&B, because it's the PEAK of music
    What you mean?

Sims Summit. Peak
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I personally do not get it! What in the world is "The Sims Summit"? Cause my mind is still wanting my R&B radio station back to The Sims 4 before 2022 will end
    Maybe they'll reveal R&B, because it's the PEAK of music
    What you mean?

Sims Summit. Peak
    Oh...!!
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    edited September 2022

Here @12JEREMIA from vocabulary.com:
    Although originally meant to describe a meeting between the heads of state, summit can be used to describe any gathering of people who care deeply about the same topic. If, for example, you are the captain of your chess club, you might attend the upcoming Chess Club Summit, at which new rules of the tournament will be discussed. Moreover, while summit also means the very top of a mountain, summit can be used metaphorically to mean a variety of heights, such as the summit of a career, an industry, or any kind of major effort.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    milk-and-mocha-so-sad.gif
    *me listening to early 90s R&B music*
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I do wonder what they will talk about during the summit, only announcing that the game will be free will not be much of a summit, and the people watching probably already own the game anyway.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    If this summit doesn't result in finally bringing high-speed rail to Riverblossom Hills, then my faith in SimNation will be shaken for good. Commuter traffic has made Welsh Lane a parking lot at rush hour to the point that it takes me an hour just to get to Belle's Boutique and Tailoring to pick up my dry cleaning. I voted for Victor Feng on the promise that he was going to secure funding for the Myshuno-Riverblossom line, and nothing has happened. I guess special interest got to him too. After all, Appaloosa Plains sure got their interstate exit.

I suspect that The Sims 5 might be the big announcement. No doubt it's been in development for a few years now.

Here @12JEREMIA from vocabulary.com:
    Although originally meant to describe a meeting between the heads of state, summit can be used to describe any gathering of people who care deeply about the same topic. If, for example, you are the captain of your chess club, you might attend the upcoming Chess Club Summit, at which new rules of the tournament will be discussed. Moreover, while summit also means the very top of a mountain, summit can be used metaphorically to mean a variety of heights, such as the summit of a career, an industry, or any kind of major effort.
    Oh...!!!
    R&B station couldn't make it! My second favorite music couldn't even make it! What kind of decade between the late 2010s and early 2020s is this? The decades that shouldn't add anything for me and the black simmers all wanted for The Sims 4 when The Sims 4 was still in-development? This is worst than I thought! *cries quietly*
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    Very interesting, Wonder what they'll talk about i kinda think sims 5 could be announced, but watch it be about kits :D .
    If I hear the word "kits" one more time, Imma be even more depressed
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited September 2022
    Summit = Mountain Summit = Dragons

Time to finally announce that dragon pack.

LOL somebody has been watching too much Game of Thrones. I kid, I kid.

I'd love to see some more fantasy creatures. I miss fairies and unicorns. Dragons would be fun, too.

Well winter is coming so :sweat_smile:
    I suppose we can change suits into furs and hope for dragons
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    An "insider" is claiming it's going to be a reveal for the Sims 5

The insider also stated:

Grubb noted that while The Sims 5 is set to be revealed in the near future, it still isn’t close to being released. “Expect to hear about The Sims 5 soon, do not expect to be playing it soon, the game is still a very long way off, apparently,” he said during the videocast.
  • JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 908 Member
    It is free forever?

Does anyone know if I can download the PS4 version onto my PS5? I keep reading that I can, but was hoping someone who has can confirm this.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited September 2022
    well if they gonna reveal Sims 5
    that is not Awesome news about The Sims 4
    and I will continue to be grumpy in the corner

and if Sims 5 is coming before they fix The Sims 4
    you can expect me to find permanent housing in grumpy corner
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The insider also stated:

Grubb noted that while The Sims 5 is set to be revealed in the near future, it still isn’t close to being released. “Expect to hear about The Sims 5 soon, do not expect to be playing it soon, the game is still a very long way off, apparently,” he said during the videocast.

Yep - hence why I said reveal not release. They usually announce the upcoming games a long time before release, it was around 16 months for 3 and 4 so even if they did announce anything we'd be unlikely to see a new game until probably early 2024. They could potentially do another create a sim demo as early as late next year though 🧐
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,397 Member
    I hope the announcement is something else besides The Sims 5. I hate to be negative, but TS5 worries me. I have a bad feeling that when that day does come, it's going to be the end of an era, the end of the single-player sandbox Sims. My intuition is wrong about as often as it is right, so that's what I pin my hopes on for TS5 to continue the tradition of single-player offline simming. I'm a realist, and the people I know who fit their current target demographic love mobile gaming and online multiplayer. On the other hand the majority of the Sims community still prefers the single-player experience. I don't feel like loyal players who've been playing this game for the last decade, two decades in a lot of cases, have a lot of sway in the direction the future takes unfortunately.

I don't care if they make it multiplayer, just include an offline option for the rest of us, the one's that stayed the course and got them to this point. Without us they wouldn't be developing a Sims 5. The franchise could just as easily have died after 2 or 3 without keeping us coming back. I hope loyalty means something.

Sims 5 doesn't worry me because Sims 4 already worries me. Personally, I don't play TS4 anymore in favor of TS1-3 so I don't think I could be more disappointed with whatever Sims 5 cooks up.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well if they gonna reveal Sims 5
    that is not Awesome news about The Sims 4
    and I will continue to be grumpy in the corner

and if Sims 5 is coming before they fix The Sims 4
    you can expect me to find permanent housing in grumpy corner

Well hopefully it'll be awesome news for everyone. A continuation of Sims 4 with lots of new content to come and an announcement of Sims 5 for those who no longer play 4 or those ready to move on. Good news for all! 🙂
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I hope the announcement is something else besides The Sims 5. I hate to be negative, but TS5 worries me. I have a bad feeling that when that day does come, it's going to be the end of an era, the end of the single-player sandbox Sims. My intuition is wrong about as often as it is right, so that's what I pin my hopes on for TS5 to continue the tradition of single-player offline simming. I'm a realist, and the people I know who fit their current target demographic love mobile gaming and online multiplayer. On the other hand the majority of the Sims community still prefers the single-player experience. I don't feel like loyal players who've been playing this game for the last decade, two decades in a lot of cases, have a lot of sway in the direction the future takes unfortunately.

I don't care if they make it multiplayer, just include an offline option for the rest of us, the one's that stayed the course and got them to this point. Without us they wouldn't be developing a Sims 5. The franchise could just as easily have died after 2 or 3 without keeping us coming back. I hope loyalty means something.

Sims 5 doesn't worry me because Sims 4 already worries me. Personally, I don't play TS4 anymore in favor of TS1-3 so I don't think I could be more disappointed with whatever Sims 5 cooks up.

I've tried going back and playing TS3 on this game machine and it lags worse than it did on my old non-gaming computer. The old software doesn't like my new hardware I guess. As far as 4 goes, I've been lucky and the bugs have been irritating instead of destructive. But things are trending in the wrong direction with wants and fears because they have the potential to totally wreck my storytelling. My mods are working to keep that in check but I had been trying to use fewer mods and mostly ones that are enhancements, not fixes.

I have a bit of eternal optimist in me, that's why on one hand I would hope that 5 might just be good, but if it goes totally multiplayer, then what I have is it. I would look into other Sims alternatives, but there's just something about the current group of sims I have that I've bonded with and I'm not sure I could recreate that magic again in another game. You could argue that there's no guarantee I would be able to do that with 5. As I type all this I'm thinking about the situation. I really think it's my love for the sims I've created that keeps me going. I may have said it once before, it's them I love not the game itself. That's likely why I carry in spite of the issues.

• CarpeNocheSimsCarpeNocheSims Posts: 158 Member
    TS4 is starting to smell like TS3. Meaning, my game kept freezing when I was placing lots yesterday. I wound up having to repair my game and reset the TS4 folder. That seems to have controlled it but it gave me some major TS3 vibes where it was constantly crashing in build mode. The culprit was the spaghetti code and I see that happening with TS4. You can only apply so many Band-Aids (without fixing the core problem) until they stop working. TS4 feels likes it's getting to that point. I'm honestly amazed that it's made it so far.

TS5.... I don't know how I feel about that. I was so resistant to TS4 and now I like it. It has never drawn me in like TS3 did but I'm not 100% sure if that's the game or me just bored with playing sims in general. I'm very worried that it will be multi-player/microtransactions. That seems to be the path that many of these developers are taking. That will be where I get off the Sims train. I have ZERO desire to play multi-player. Just let me have my little sandbox where I decide everything and get to play Goddess of my domain. Stop trying to take that away from me!

I don't trust these "insider". They are either an EA plant leaking stuff to get us to pipe down or it's somebody lying and making things up for attention. We will find out when we find out. Till then? Keep your rumors and whispers, I'm not interested.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    edited September 2022
    It sounds like it will be all about Sims 4, but who knows. Personally I don’t expect Sims 5 at this point, but I will be pleasantly surprised if something about new game was included.

For now it seems they are preparing some big changes for Sims 4 specifically. Could be new type of dlc or maybe graphic overhaul, who knows. I know that many players sort of wish for Sims 5 because they are either disappointed with 4 or just want to have something new to talk about. But imo Sims 5 at this point won’t earn as much money as Sims 4 which has many dlc with highly requested content. Sims 5 will need years to get to the point of having so many ad ons. If they ever launch it, it will be probably along Sims 4 so it can mature and slowly get new content while most players will still enjoy Sims 4. Personally I don’t think that moment is now, but I could be wrong. 😆
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited September 2022
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    It sounds like it will be all about Sims 4, but who knows. Personally I don’t expect Sims 5 at this point, but I will be pleasantly surprised if something about new game was included.

For now it seems they are preparing some big changes for Sims 4 specifically. Could be new type of dlc or maybe graphic overhaul, who knows. I know that many players sort of wish for Sims 5 because they are either disappointed with 4 or just want to have something new to talk about. But imo Sims 5 at this point won’t earn as much money as Sims 4 which has many dlc with highly requested content. Sims 5 will need years to get to the point of having so many ad ons. If they ever launch it, it will be probably along Sims 4 so it can mature and slowly get new content while most players will still enjoy Sims 4. Personally I don’t think that moment is now, but I could be wrong. 😆

Here's something that occurred to me while reading your post. What if Sims 4 and Sims 5 are going to run at the same time? They keep Sim4 going for the old, loyal fans of the franchise who don't want multiplayer. Meanwhile Sims 5 is the multiplayer option for those who want it. Sims 4 gets updates and occasional DLC. That would keep in line with all the kits, which take minimal effort, mostly modelers. One EP each year, a couple of GPs and/or pack refreshes each year and kits galore. Pack refreshes would be less manpower than a full blown pack, it allows them to address the bugs one pack at a time. The online multis are happy, and us 'dinosaurs' keep our offline sims.

They must be aware of the sentiments about offline vs online here on the forums. @EA_Cade @EA_Mari among others I would suspect are keeping them apprised of the thoughts of the community. I would like to think Maxis and EA both realize that without us loyal simmers the future of the franchise may not be so rosy. So this free them up from having to make Sims 5 both online and offline.

Just some thinking out loud, stream of consciousness style.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    What if the "Big News" is they're bringing back cars or free'd babies?

That would certainly be worthy of all the hyping up.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    What if the "Big News" is they're bringing back cars or free'd babies?

That would certainly be worthy of all the hyping up.
    I'd be hyped if I knew they worked well on release. :)
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017