Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the Sims team will fix this

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I'm guessing these EA earrings are tagged for masculine frame, and I don't understand why. (They are not CC). It is bad enough townies walk around atrociously but this is just on another level.

Hk6qYW1.png
dJ0Bkwj.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    I've never seen that. Did you check AHQ for a bug report?
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    I've never seen that. Did you check AHQ for a bug report?

nope. I didn't think it was a bug. I assumed it was intentional.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,658 Member
    The earrings in the first picture are from the Carnaval kit, which is LGBTQ+ centered so that probably has no gender tagging or both genders tagged. The second picture I see quite often or something like it. I don't think they're really tagging all much stuff as specifically male or female anymore. They're either not tagging some items at all, or, my feeling is they're using both tags. Either way it amounts to the same thing, with CAS having free rein weird combos are inevitable.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,289 Member
    Yikes, I do hope that doesn't start happening in my game. I'm already unhappy about the feminine shoes, sometimes pumps, my Uni-grads end up in. Enough, is simply too much, EA.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Gender tags on all CAS items and a checkbox to force CAS to stick to the tags or to ignore the tags takes care of all of this. Personally I want the freedom to put any feminine clothing item on any male sim I choose and vice versa. That said I would have no problem with having to go in and check a box to allow for cross gender clothing options.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,289 Member
    edited September 2022
    Gender tags on all CAS items and a checkbox to force CAS to stick to the tags or to ignore the tags takes care of all of this. Personally I want the freedom to put any feminine clothing item on any male sim I choose and vice versa. That said I would have no problem with having to go in and check a box to allow for cross gender clothing options.

We already have that option! We've had it for quite some time, if memory serves. I only need to add feminine wear to males when I'm in my Ancestral save. Those over the knee stockings are perfect 18th century men's wear. but, at least when you switch it off, it doesn't pop on again …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited September 2022

We already have that option! We've had it for quite some time, if memory serves. I only need to add feminine wear to males when I'm in my Ancestral save. Those over the knee stockings are perfect 18th century men's wear. but, at least when you switch it off, it doesn't pop on again …

We do have that option, but this is the price for the way they implemented it. They didn't build in an option for those that don't want it. It's one size fits all programming. We went from no option to gender swap clothing to anything goes. Why it wasn't setup to provide a middle ground, I can't answer that.

I don't gender swap with clothing items often, but I love having the option to do so when the spirit moves me. If that means I have to check a box so be it. I understand the frustration, there are times it drives me nuts, but mostly it's the unhinged use of piercings. So many of the outfits CAS tries to load a sim down with as many piercings as it can, and then throw some glasses on top of it too. Every sim CAS spits out has at least one outfit with glasses. We just need an option that provides a middle ground.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2022
    Townies look horrible already so those items certainly doesn't help... the first ones (carnaval streetwear) kinda makes sense I guess, but I don't really see how the second ones (fashion street) are supposed to be masculine.

It's probably better to just make a CAS override for those items and change their tags. I don't think they will change it, they tend to tag pants with both tags even though they look wrong in CAS. I have never understood why.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Hmm.. Well, since the base game sim Liberty Lee from BFF home has for Sleep Wear bottoms that don’t show in sleep wear labeled items; for a male sim to have a items that is not in ‘masculine’ labeled items doesn’t entirely seem out of place to me…
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I'm guessing these EA earrings are tagged for masculine frame, and I don't understand why. (They are not CC). It is bad enough townies walk around atrociously but this is just on another level.

Hk6qYW1.png
    dJ0Bkwj.png

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I wish that they would disable all accessories, hats, make up and body hair for all randomly generated sims as well as randomized sims in CAS. I like accessories and etc in moderation, but the game is rarely moderate and I find I have to waste a lot of time removing all those things, sometimes just to get a look at the sim underneath. Yes these random sims are good for a laugh, but it's truly annoying to not be able to see a sims face when creating in CAS or even to be able to recognize them when they show up on lots in various different outfits. I was really happy when they stopped the eyeball ring from showing up everywhere, now please extend that to all other accessories, hats, makeup, and body hair. Let the player decide what they want to add to each sim.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    edited September 2022

We do have that option, but this is the price for the way they implemented it. They didn't build in an option for those that don't want it. It's one size fits all programming. We went from no option to gender swap clothing to anything goes. Why it wasn't setup to provide a middle ground, I can't answer that.

I don't gender swap with clothing items often, but I love having the option to do so when the spirit moves me. If that means I have to check a box so be it. I understand the frustration, there are times it drives me nuts, but mostly it's the unhinged use of piercings. So many of the outfits CAS tries to load a sim down with as many piercings as it can, and then throw some glasses on top of it too. Every sim CAS spits out has at least one outfit with glasses. We just need an option that provides a middle ground.

Yup, townies come loaded down with piercings, and glasses, and hats, and socks, and leggings, and opera gloves, and bracelets, and sometimes still the eyeball ring..... :s Exhausting.

Edit: I fairly often get a kid sim that ages up with the "sleepwear and glasses" look. Sometimes I use it to assume the kid needs glasses, but...showing up with the sleepwear, still? And not with everyday wear? A middle ground option on townie accessories would indeed be great.
    RoseQuartz wrote: »

Yup, townies come loaded down with piercings, and glasses, and hats, and socks, and leggings, and opera gloves, and bracelets, and sometimes still the eyeball ring..... :s Exhausting.

Edit: I fairly often get a kid sim that ages up with the "sleepwear and glasses" look. Sometimes I use it to assume the kid needs glasses, but...showing up with the sleepwear, still? And not with everyday wear? A middle ground option on townie accessories would indeed be great.

My game is hooked on the gloves from bowling stuff. I have some nice cc rings so occasionally I get lucky and the ring clicks with an outfit. I have a mod to prevent the dreaded eyeball ring though.

• alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited October 2022
    Honestly idk why EA hasn't created designated townie outfits at this point. We could do it... Just limit them to the pre-styled outfits in CAS and add more so it doesn't become redundant to the point we see the same outfits on the townies over and over again cus baby..... Wooooo that's cringe.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478py3jdb6r5erte86a22dm6ye9qszyj2t6uvmzr7x&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
    p6tqefj