Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! :/ My game won't start, stuck on loading screen.

I started up my game again after a few hours break. I did not download any cc or mods in between playing. But before I quit the last time I built a house with some cc furniture in it. No issues while playing. Tried to start up the game again now, but I can't get passed the last loading screen before live mode. And I can't choose another household either, that function is apparently not there anymore, from the main menu. It was possible to start a new game, no issues there (with cc and mods)..

I tried removing all my mods and cc, and repaired the game, nothing. What can I do?

I also got an LE in my Sims 4 folder after ending task with task manager, and it says this:

"Posture Graph Error
Base game or Modification issue with the animations system.
A Sim failed to generate path connectivity required to adjust posture for a task to perform.
These errors are only caused by not being able to access an object that changes Sims posture when interacting with - like seats, tables, beds, showers, toilets, pools etc. Perhaps positioning of objects at the lot is causing problems with Sims pathing.
If this error doesn't stop occurring, look into recently placed custom objects and remove them. Otherwise you're safe to ignore this error."

But removing the mods folder didn't help. So I don't understand why I still got this LE.

I would be so grateful if anyone got any tips <3

Comments

• Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Maybe one of the broken beds corrupted your game?

Check here for help.

https://help.ea.com/in/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    cyncie wrote: »
    Maybe one of the broken beds corrupted your game?

Check here for help.

https://help.ea.com/in/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Thanks for your response!

Well, I didn't do much, but it works now! :)

I loaded an earlier save (right before my sim had fabricated a double bed. I'd apparently saved just before the fabricator was done making it).

I loaded into another household and I went to the household I couldn't access, to visit them. Once there I thought it was all good, since I had sort of access to the lot again. So I went back to world view and tried loading that family again, but I was still stuck on loading screen.

So I went back with the visiting household again, to look around, maybe delete some furniture (I don't have any cc beds on that lot, but I thought I'd delete other cc furniture to be safe), when I noticed that my sim had abandoned the fabricator machine, with a bed being made in it. So I made my sim (visitor) scrap the fabrication. I thought it wouldn't help, that it might be something else causing the issue, but I had to try. I went back to world view, and back to the household, and it worked, I was back in!... So naturally I thought the issue was with the fabricated double bed, that wasn't even done yet. So I tried making it again, just to be sure, I put it where it was earlier, then I saved and exited the game. Started it back up, thought I'd hit another infinity loading screen, but the game loaded the household and everything worked fine..!? No issues.

So, I'm mildly confused haha.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Glad you figured it out!