Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Early Graduation.

My sim was offered early graduation due to performing well; does anyone know what happens if they graduate? Do they age up to young adults?

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    @crebo19 i just did that with my teen sim. No, she did not age up; in fact, the notice I got said she could attend university as a teen. Haven't signed her up yet so we'll see. The one confusing thing was when when I did early graduation I got a notice saying she dropped out & might not be able to go to uni, but then got the notice she could attend as a teen.
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    University as a teen?! Thats awesome!
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    I'm still enjoying high-school life so I'll hold off for now.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    @crebo19 i just did that with my teen sim. No, she did not age up; in fact, the notice I got said she could attend university as a teen. Haven't signed her up yet so we'll see. The one confusing thing was when when I did early graduation I got a notice saying she dropped out & might not be able to go to uni, but then got the notice she could attend as a teen.

Yay!!! That would be so cool! I was hoping that that would be possible.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    I had my sim graduate early. She could go to college or get a job. I aged her to young adult because I wanted to see if she kept the graduated early trait and she did.
  • Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    My Sim talked to the principal about graduating early. Notification came up that she was graduating, there would be no ceremony, they would receive their diploma, would no longer be a student and could pursue the career of their choosing. When she got home there was a notification she'd dropped out, would not receive a diploma and would need to take online classes. There is no option to take online classes. Additionally, in the career tab she is still listed as a high school student but was demoted from an A to a B student.
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    Has anyone played with a teen in University yet? I want to know if the early graduate teen will be the only teen amongst young adults in Uni, in the dorms, or if there will also be other teens living there? If my sim is the only teen in Uni I'd rather wait to enroll her until she's a young adult..
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I have had my teen apply, I had my teen get accepted, I had my teen enroll.

So, you can enjoy university life as a teen!

The drop out message, I think I might know why this happens (it is my guess though). Dropping out is high school equivalent of quitting a career and getting expelled is high school equivalent of getting fired from a career. As there isn't career equivalent of graduating early, it shows the dropping out message as it removes the sim from high school.
    But don't worry. As long as the career panel shows they graduated early, you're OK.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Starfree wrote: »

I got the same and she's attending uni but no highschool diploma because it said she dropped out and im like graduating early and dropping out are two completely different things!!! I just want her diploma because she was in school getting awesome grades only to not get anything??? I'm sorry they need to take a look at that.
  • Options
    ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    I just did a post about early graduation if you want to take a look at it. Though you guys covered a lot of it here.
  • Options
    court79cathcourt79cath Posts: 16 Member
    Wndblwz wrote: »
    My Sim talked to the principal about graduating early. Notification came up that she was graduating, there would be no ceremony, they would receive their diploma, would no longer be a student and could pursue the career of their choosing. When she got home there was a notification she'd dropped out, would not receive a diploma and would need to take online classes. There is no option to take online classes. Additionally, in the career tab she is still listed as a high school student but was demoted from an A to a B student.
    This happened to me too and I'm kind of mad about it, but ...
    plau wrote: »
    Has anyone played with a teen in University yet? I want to know if the early graduate teen will be the only teen amongst young adults in Uni, in the dorms, or if there will also be other teens living there? If my sim is the only teen in Uni I'd rather wait to enroll her until she's a young adult..
    I have two teens enrolled in university as we speak, but I don't usually go there with them because there's one in the household that's still in HS and one of them had a baby (whoops). So they live at home. I do, however, need to take one of them to sit in on three lectures, so I guess I'll know more soon.
  • Options
    CharityCodesCharityCodes Posts: 56 Member
    All of the other uni students will be young adults even though your sim is still a teen. I expected that. As someone who has attended college as a teenager, it is a bit weird, but you get used to it. I would be disappointed if they were all teenagers as it doesn't make sense. I didn't graduate early, but I was homeschooled and the local community college allowed high school seniors to take college courses for free as long as you paid for books.
  • Options
    Sean_WestSean_West Posts: 5 New Member
    This is one of my favorite updates, but it is so unrealistic! But I like it anyway.
  • Options
    Sean_WestSean_West Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Briana2425 said:
    > I got the same and she's attending uni but no highschool diploma because it said she dropped out and im like graduating early and dropping out are two completely different things!!! I just want her diploma because she was in school getting awesome grades only to not get anything??? I'm sorry they need to take a look at that. This addition in my opinion is not realistic enough. I would like my characters to be able to buy jobs and not spend time on it. In real life we use these: https://essays.studymoose.com/write-essay-for-money services and do not experience any problems, but in the game unfortunately it is not possible. it would be great if they added something like that.

That's what I'm talking about! It would be interesting if the developers added more features to the game and didn't charge for it.
  • Options
    eyesetokill25eyesetokill25 Posts: 49 Member
    My Sim graduated early and I applied for her to to university, but she hasn't had her acceptance letter and it's been five days. I wanted her to be a teenage student but it seems like she can't go until she's a young adult.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    crebo19 wrote: »
    My sim was offered early graduation due to performing well; does anyone know what happens if they graduate? Do they age up to young adults?

What's cool about graduating early, besides the nice Early Graduate Trait they get, is they can still attend Prom, even if they're enrolled in Uni. Since my Teen with straight A's wasn't given a chance to graduate, but rather was labeled a Drop Out when he aged up to YA, I was so vexed, that when I played him all over again, I first allowed his two younger Teen siblings to graduate early. When things went good for that, I finally allowed my 'Main' character, if you will, to do the same. All three from this household, plus his girlfriend attended Britechester-U. Poor Erik. He got in trouble when he refused the Prom, from his girlfriend (fiancée). And when he up and took her with him to the Prom the following week, he was in trouble for not asking her if that's what she wanted to do. LOL Made for a nice bit of drama, at least.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    [T]here isn't career equivalent of graduating early...

That's interesting, and a valid point. The equivalent would be some kind of early retirement or accepting some kind of "Golden Parachute" retirement deal.

Do you think anyone at EA is paying attention?
  • Options
    So, I've been playing Discover Uni as a teen for a little bit, having been accepted to university and graduating H.S. early.

So, even though the Teen has graduated early, he/she will still get invites for H.S. events: Sports/Spirit nights on Friday, and Prom night on Saturday. It's kind of cool that they remain connected to some of the old 'gang,' but it's also kind of cool that the sim has to return to their own path when the event concludes.

Someone asked if there were other teens at University.

I have seen other teens, but not many. I think you might have to deliberately populate a university with NPC teen students in a dorm/residence on campus if that's what would make your Sim happy.

I can't actually pin-point 'em, but there are some Young Adult interactions at University that simply aren't available as a Teen or they haven't been worked through yet.

One thing that kind of bothers me, and so far it's only happened to me once... and this was already four semesters into my Teen's academic career, when returning to his assigned dorm there was a notification that this location [his dorm] was, "Not appropriate for children or teenagers."

**???**

Granted, I enjoy "pushing the envelope" from time to time, but there's nothing I did deliberately to this lot in build mode that: 1) wasn't allowed/customized to circumvent standards; or 2) that should have made the lot "inappropriate." Regardless, it did not prevent the return of the teen to his dorm and getting a good nights sleep.

Honestly, I tried to understand what about the lot was inappropriate. **No idea.**

When my Teen joined the Order of Enchantment, one of the tasks for advancement was to help another University student with their homework. He can't do that (+/) hasn't been able to tutor during business hours like my Y.A. sim was able to do previously.

One of the cool things I experienced as a Teen was returning home during a break / weekend. Stepping through the front door was a rush of emotion/nostalgia I wasn't expecting.

**Always welcome** may have helped contribute to that experience. But to come in and prepare a grand meal for Christmas for the family was really heartwarming.

I love that the old household is on an independent timeline while the student is at university. I mean, it was traumatic enough when his favorite street vendor passed away, I could only imagine the emotional toll if other family members were to start dropping off.

Okay, let me preface this by saying that my Teen came to University on a couple of Scholarships... not enough to cover his entire expenses, but more than enough that he could afford to attend. Plus, he comes from a single-mother household where she earned a bunch of money as an independent author and... after attending university became a private lawyer earning **BANK!**. So, without cheating, I sent him to University with 50,000 Simoleans from Momma's household.

So from time to time as a teen... or whatever reason... my Sim gets notification that the other dorm mates are contributing "Rent" and he receives a chunk of change for each roommate.

"???"

Also, every once in a while, my Sim gets notified that bills are due/the utilities have been shut off until payment is made.

All in all, my Teen student hasn't had to dig into the initial 50,000.

For now, that's "All the news that's fit to print."

Have fun.

• Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    So, I've done experiments with this, considering I was initially surprised by it...

Roughly, it takes about a week of sending them alone to school[Its faster this way] to get them to the Graduating early point.

I've done things a couple ways, moved both teens to britchester and had them go thru college skilling as I went. Also did the move them out, seperated them into their own games, then did college, and one did strangerville story as a teen.

Have also used the youth potion to reset teen life span for further college degree stuff.

As well as fiddling with aspirations a bit to get the longest possible lifespan... [Athletic>bodybuilder=Long lived trait] even though I'm on long life span setting already...
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    EgonVM wrote: »
    [T]here isn't career equivalent of graduating early...

That's interesting, and a valid point. The equivalent would be some kind of early retirement or accepting some kind of "Golden Parachute" retirement deal.

Do you think anyone at EA is paying attention?

Ah, no worries about that anymore as it has been fixed. Now no dropping out message shows when graduating early.
  • Options
    blaq797 wrote: »
    I've... also used the youth potion to reset teen life span for further college degree stuff.

I did the same thing... and it kind of wierded me out.

So, my character was on the cusp of 20 and has been flirting and making out with other teens I just assumed were his age, and after taking the youth potion I imagine now he's a fresh 13 Y.O. flirting around with 19 Y.O.'s.

I've also been slow dragging his education by only taking one course per semester and maxing skill development outside of his biology degree. Turns out to be a long, drawn-out process.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I'm playing the Career Challenge and I'm on Criminal. My teen graduated early and it was working out great. He already maxed out the mischief skill and is almost done with the aspiration (Oracle) I just moved him out and got a job as criminal and started out at level 3. All sounds like a breeze right? However I rolled a 6 for how many kids he has to have and starting funds at $2627. And I have the growing together pack, yikes !!!!