Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do the constant calls annoy you?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Other
    I don't mind the invites, it's a reminder that normal people have friends. It's the other totally unnecessary garbage I hate. 'I heard you became friends with your still in the crib son!' or 'Your reputation blah blah'. I would love to never have those frankly quite creepy stalker vibes calls again.
  • Options
    Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    Is it safe to say they could remove all comments about you being friends with Yada Yada and reputation calls?
  • Options
    It's totally extreme.
    Now, for those on PC, I found a mod that prevents those you don't care about from calling. It makes you have to exchange numbers as a friendly interaction to get the calls. I just don't hand out my phone number and I get left alone.

Now if only there was a mod to make visitors come less often.
  • Options
    Jade47Jade47 Posts: 206 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    Its actually one aspect of the game I really cannot stand. The worst time was when my sim had a boyfriend and he phoned to ask her to go out, why is that an issue? Because he was in the same room chatting with her. I made her dump him, clearly he was an obvious 🐸🐸🐸🐸 who used a phone instead of opening his mouth. Thank goodness the Unlisted Phone Numbers mod still works so my best friend can't call and ask how many kids she should have.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited August 2022
    It's totally extreme.
    My issue isn't with the "hey let's go somewhere" notifications (other than the immediate teleportation rather than giving you an hour to get your needs up) but entirely with the "hey my friend I've known for two seconds, should I have a baby? If you say no I'll call back two days later to ask again."

Who am I to make up your mind Megumi? You only befriended my Sim by training them at a gym for five minutes one time.

Oh and the "noo, why do you fight people" calls, I had a mod to change the wording to something a little more suitible rather than having the fight-club owner in my one crew war save call people to chatise them for... Fighting every few hours.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Nope, I like it like this. I can party all night!
    I wish for more calls inviting my sims to go places and less of the "hey I heard you met ___they are pretty cool" with no other response than "ok".
  • Options
    It's totally extreme.
    Ugh. I had this one Sim that would call me about having a baby, probably every freaking week, even after saying yes. So annoying- have a whole village raised in your house for all I care. I am not your counselor.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    It's not as often as it used to be.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Since theres more variety in them now they dont bother me now. The one I rarely seem to get is being invited to a soms birthday party. Really miss those.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    They are annoying, I ignored them most of the time. What annoyes me most is the invitations. It is either accept right now and be transported instantly or not at all. I would like a 'be there in an hour' option that let's sims finish their actions.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2022
    Meh, it's okay.
    I don’t answer most of them anyway……
    It would be nice if they gave you an hour or two before you had to go, so you could finish what you were doing.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    I find most of them just fine, but i wish there was some way to control and filter them. For example, i have no interest in having my sims attend the festivals since i am bored with most of them, so i would love it if we could block those calls as it gets rather annoying to decline them over and over again, or maybe my sim's friend could just take the hint and stop asking her to go.
  • Options
    pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    I don't think anybody mentioned this in this thread, but there IS a mod to stop all calls. It was one of Scumbumbo's mods and is still maintained on Scumbumbo's page. The thing is, it turns off ALL calls, so with the newer ones where friends ask "should I have a baby" and whatnot, those are killed too. And you can't EVER give any Sim your phone number because if you do, that person can call, and they will call for EVERYTHING, I mean even if it's just one person.
  • Options
    It's totally extreme.
    pearlbh wrote: »
    I don't think anybody mentioned this in this thread, but there IS a mod to stop all calls. It was one of Scumbumbo's mods and is still maintained on Scumbumbo's page. The thing is, it turns off ALL calls, so with the newer ones where friends ask "should I have a baby" and whatnot, those are killed too. And you can't EVER give any Sim your phone number because if you do, that person can call, and they will call for EVERYTHING, I mean even if it's just one person.

I think I mentioned it. It's very nice. Would not play without it.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,842 Member
    Other
    It all depends on what the call is about. The invites to parties and festivals, more of those please. They're almost always from one of my sims friends so yeah, let's party. The "I heard you became friends with", "I have a friend that wants your number", and the job offers can go away please. All of them were horrible from the start, and in some cases creepy. Some of the calls asking for advice are really good. I loved my favorite sim calling up one of her best friends saying she thought her girlfriend was going to propose what should she do? That was cute and touching and it allowed me to steer the story in a direction I wanted it to go. All while I was off playing another household in the rotation. Mom calling her daughter who's in elementary school and asking her if she should have a baby is all kinds of wrong. Besides which, last time I checked dad has a lot more to do with making babies than the couples 10 year old daughter. You know...maybe consult him instead. Just a thought.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 298 Member
    I feel like this game needs more interaction. So no I am not bothered at all by the social calls, I think it makes the game feel more alive and lively. When it sometimes feels dull
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2022
    Other
    Doesn't bother me. I guess I'm used to cancelling "pop-up's". I find it interesting, though usually miss most of the calls before I can answer.

What does annoy me is the constant (not a call, but and actual "pop-up") is the oh hey this is your job agency calling blah blah. I mean even for toddlers? what the heck?
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    It's totally extreme.
    I feel like my sims get constant calls offering them a new job...like All.The.Time.
    And then the calls saying "Congratualations, you're friends with your toddler"/ "Do you think we should try for a baby?" - Mum, you've called me to ask me this question every day for the past week - the answer is STILL no! Stop asking.
    I hate constant calls IRL, I totally hate this feature in game. I dont mind the occasional, "I'm phoning for a chat". But the constant spamming of calls drives me insane. I spend loads of my playing time just pressing ignore.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    I look at it as the game attempting to give the player things to engage with. It's just not done very smartly. In that regard, it's like real life. So in game just like in real life, I silence my phone and ignore it all.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I guess I kind of like it. When my Sims get a phone call that I don't like or is inconvenient, I just say it was a prank call.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    Other
    I don't love it, but it also doesn't bother me either. I don't mind one way or the other.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Meh, it's okay.
    @Atreya33 @SheriSim57 I would like that option too, but it's easy enough to decline the call, then an hour or two later call back and invite them out. They never seem to mind. And if you use the M key, they don't have the option to say no :grin:
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Other
    What "constant" calls? From whom?
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    Other
    I simply silence the phones. The only calls I get are from someone informing me of a death or from my child's school.