Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Added Occult Features

Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
During the livestream for Werewolves the gurus talked about new interactions with other occult lifestates. What do you think is included? Do you think they will go back and add features to the other game packs? Like a purpose to the boarded up cave in Forgotten Hollow?

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I know it's unlikely, but I'm kinda hoping that the pre pack patch has small "refreshes" for both Vampires and Realm of Magic, to expand cross pack stuff and maybe give toddler and child sims from those packs some things to do (even if it isn't much.)

I did catch that there was a "supernatural smackdown" for fighting between werewolves and Vampires. Hopefully there will be some cool interactions between Spellcasters and werewolves too, even if they didn't touch on it much - maybe werewolves are more vulnerable to certain spells under a new moon, and more resistant under a full moon (or vice versa)
  • Options
    WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I would like to see them revisit some of the older occults like mermaids, aliens and perhaps even ghosts get power trees like werewolves, vampires and spellcasters.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I am a mermaid/merfolk fan, so I would love more stuff and powers and abilities added to the mermaids/merfolk (and other similarly underwhelming or neglected occults). :smile:

Would also love to see more occult stuff for children and toddlers (and babies) as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited June 2022
    Like cat & dogs, & now werewolves had their own tools features in customization. It would be nice if EA can use recycle tools features (new hair texture patterns, color wheel, paint mode, & etc.) to be adding in for older occults for all ages. And the same for normal sims. But, slim chances it may or may not happen.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’d love it if we got a toggle that’d let us see transformed mermaids without the household needing to discover they exist. I just want to be able to see them swimming around and having a good time.
  • Options
    MsMay wrote: »
    Like cat & dogs, & now werewolves had their own tools features in customization. It would be nice if EA can use recycle tools features (new hair texture patterns, color wheel, paint mode, & etc.) to be adding in for older occults for all ages. And the same for normal sims. But, slim chances it may or may not happen.

Paint mode would be so cool for custom tattoos! I doubt it will ever happen though.
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Agree, I think paint mode might be the best ideas for creating your own tattoos or custom tattoos. I hope if we get the features in the game, I hope we be able to get better improvements of the sharing the tattoos in the Gallery, like in the sims 3 when you can share your tattoos online.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    I would like to see them revisit some of the older occults like mermaids, aliens and perhaps even ghosts get power trees like werewolves, vampires and spellcasters.
    I am a mermaid/merfolk fan, so I would love more stuff and powers and abilities added to the mermaids/merfolk (and other similarly underwhelming or neglected occults). :smile:

Would also love to see more occult stuff for children and toddlers (and babies) as well.

@Werescythe and @LatinaBunny

Ditto this. They definitely need to revisit a few older occults and give them an update. It seems like they really figured out the occults that came out later, and it would be exciting to see more done with the older occults.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited June 2022
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Werescythe wrote: »

@Werescythe and @LatinaBunny

Ditto this. They definitely need to revisit a few older occults and give them an update. It seems like they really figured out the occults that came out later, and it would be exciting to see more done with the older occults.

I really think they've opened a can of worms with the Werewolves as I keep seeing people complaining (rightly so) about all the older occults significantly more since they came out haha!

I am desperate for aliens and mermaids to have a refresh (or even a pack - I'm that bothered by the discrepancy I'd even pay for a GP).

I feel especially sorry for the mermaids! They have absolutely nothing other than a few interactions (which are really not that interesting) and their looks. They have no world, no baby crib, no epic transformation animation and no tombstone/urn!

The devs could remove mermaids from Island Living and it would have literally no effect on the pack at all!
  • Options
    AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    I would like more alien options. You could tack in an option to have them be human looking too and just straight up make it a esper occult with a mental power skill tree
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I really want more for occult children. I like the direction taken in the werewolves pack and hope for more added to other occults.

I don't want the mods that give full blown occult status to kids, except possibly merkids, but I want signs that they are not exactly human.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    telemwill wrote: »
    I really want more for occult children. I like the direction taken in the werewolves pack and hope for more added to other occults.

I don't want the mods that give full blown occult status to kids, except possibly merkids, but I want signs that they are not exactly human.

This was actually my biggest issue with Realm of Magic. They have the animations in CAS for child spellcasters they could have added some child specific spells or interactions to live mode. The Sims 1 Makin' Magic has really cute spells and toys for magical sim children.
  • Options

This was actually my biggest issue with Realm of Magic. They have the animations in CAS for child spellcasters they could have added some child specific spells or interactions to live mode. The Sims 1 Makin' Magic has really cute spells and toys for magical sim children.

Yes, and I remember Sims 3 witch children also doing something with their toys. (I think I vaguely remember they did something small like making their blocks or toys disappear.)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Yes, and I remember Sims 3 witch children also doing something with their toys. (I think I vaguely remember they did something small like making their blocks or toys disappear.)

Was that TS3 children, or toddlers? TS3 witch children could do a lot of things... riding brooms, using wands, etc.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Imagine if you gave your spellcaster toddler a bowl of peas and suddenly they’re eating a bowl of animal crackers, or they change the colour of their toy.

If they’re not going to add a full mermaid form to toddlers they could at least make them enjoy water more.

Vampire toddlers should also bite toys.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Was that TS3 children, or toddlers? TS3 witch children could do a lot of things... riding brooms, using wands, etc.
    Maybe it was the toddlers? It’s been a long time since I played Sims 3 witches. It was really cute how there were some occult hints like this for toddlers/children/teens for some of the occults. :smile: I’m glad that Sims 4 Werewolves followed that tradition!

Now we just need it for the other occults! 😁🧛🏻‍♀️🧛🏻‍♂️🧜🏻‍♀️🧜🏼‍♂️🌻🌻🧙🏻‍♀️🧙🏻‍♂️
    (She/her)