Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Keds Kit

EA and The Sims Team must create a new CAS kit called "The Sims 4 Keds Kit" because we need more Female CAS Sneakers Content. Any Thoughts?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,806 Member
    Keds are my favorite but I'd like more brands and sneakers for all ages.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yeah, I'd much before a more encompassing kit rather than something more strict.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I feel like we have plenty of sneakers… heels on the other hand…
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What are Keds?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    What are Keds?

I'm guessing that the OP is thinking the lightweight "tennis shoe" type of sneaker/gym shoe. Keds is a brand known for them (and it's my preferred style of sport shoe... as someone who doesn't do sports.)

While I wouldn't mind a couple more styles of lightweight gym shoe, I don't know that we need a whole kit of them. In my opinion, the largest deficit is formal/semi-formal flats. And I wouldn't say no to some more styles of heels either. Especially business heels in the roughly 2" range.

So maybe not a Keds kit, but a shoe kit wouldn't be amiss.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2022
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Shoes for all ages. That is a CAS kit I would definitely buy.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,455 Member
    Gosh, I haven't seen that brand in decades! Certainly, haven't seen one of their shoe stores anywhere. Wow.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited June 2022
    I have about 6 pairs of Keds. :D Canvas and leather. Have been wearing them many years. I love the simplicity as compared with the bulkiness of some athletic shoes.

9fBKkIC.png

https://www.keds.com/en/women-shopby-sale/

I have these in my game with about 50 recolors. They're what my sims wear most often.

c0KvY4C.png

https://theslyd.tumblr.com/tagged/GGDB

https://missrubybird.tumblr.com/post/183267452655/starlord-golden-goose-sneakers-recolor-part-2-i
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,414 Member
    What are Keds?

Unknown brand :p

Instead talk me about Adidas, Reebok, Puma or Nike.

Never heard of keds but I know those four, lol.

@simgirl1010 thanks for the picture. It helps.

An entire kit dedicated to these shoes, or shoes in general, is not interesting for me personally.
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    edited June 2022
    EA and The Sims Team must create a new CAS kit called "The Sims 4 Keds Kit" because we need more Female CAS Sneakers Content. Any Thoughts?

good gawd, can anyone say Product Placement?

I can't believe the Keds fad keeps coming back again and again and...again? I remember it clearly about the same time as the debut of the movie Dirty Dancing, with Jennifer Grey prancing around in her impossibly impractical white jeans (which never had a mark on them so she must never have ever sat down on anything) and equally impossibly perfectly clean white Ked sneakers, because all the girls in junior high seemed to be wearing them, and jeans cut off really close to the knee and rolled to just above the knee, and they all had that same ridiculous-looking permed frizzy shapeless hair.

I think white canvas shoes and white jeans are like white sofas and white carpets: they look good in magazines and movies, but in real life, everyone who falls for it learns their lesson.

The other weird thing about Keds is, they're so narrow and have so little toeroom, and no real padding in the bottom: aren't they very uncomfortable?

I like your suggestion about the need for more practical, low-heel professional shoes for women Sims, @DaWaterRat ! I would cheer on the entire movement if women just decided to say no once and for all, to wearing any uncomfortable shoes ever, but even if they don't do that, they certainly don't go tottering about on very high heels professionally, (or at least, not most professions, and the ones that require that kind of dress code are often forms of employ that exploit the desperate).

So where are the classy low-heeled mules, the clogs, the dress flats, and the other choices I see women in professional settings choosing? There aren't a lot to compete with all the high heels.
    Post edited by ignominiusrex on
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

good gawd, can anyone say Product Placement? *eyeroll*

I can't believe the Keds fad keeps coming back again and again and...again? I remember it clearly about the same time as the debut of the movie Dirty Dancing, with Jennifer Grey prancing around in her impossibly impractical white jeans (which never had a mark on them so she must never have ever sat down on anything) and equally impossibly perfectly clean white Ked sneakers, because all the girls in junior high seemed to be wearing them, and jeans cut off really close to the knee and rolled to just above the knee, and they all had that same ridiculous-looking permed frizzy shapeless hair.

I think white canvas shoes and white jeans are like white sofas and white carpets: they look good in magazines and movies, but in real life, everyone who falls for it learns their lesson.

The other weird thing about Keds is, they're so narrow and have so little toeroom, and no real padding in the bottom: aren't they very uncomfortable?

Not for me. I find them more comfortable than heavier gym shoes meant for more "serious" sports, because they're not weighing my feet down.

But then, I don't really like wearing shoes at all (it's the hobbit in me). So light shoes feel less like I'm wearing them at all, which is automatically more comfortable for me.

I don't buy the white ones, though, if I can help it. Black, green, or blue are my preferences.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,792 Member
    edited June 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    What are Keds?

I'm guessing that the OP is thinking the lightweight "tennis shoe" type of sneaker/gym shoe. Keds is a brand known for them (and it's my preferred style of sport shoe... as someone who doesn't do sports.)

While I wouldn't mind a couple more styles of lightweight gym shoe, I don't know that we need a whole kit of them. In my opinion, the largest deficit is formal/semi-formal flats. And I wouldn't say no to some more styles of heels either. Especially business heels in the roughly 2" range.

So maybe not a Keds kit, but a shoe kit wouldn't be amiss.

They have really been at the top of their game recently. It started for me with the high tops in Throwback Fit. The gym shoe that came with Incheon Arrivals has become my go-to when I want my sim to have that sneaker/gym shoe type of footwear. I'm ready to delete my cc sneakers and gym shoes that's how good the recent ones from Maxis have been. I would love to have some Keds and Chucks, low and high top. In my Tartosan Sun story, one of the main characters, Londyn, has a blue overalls outfit that is screaming for a pair of high top Chucks. She is wearing the Throwback Fit high tops and they look good but they aren't the same thing.

I'm with you on the flats and heels. There are no proper flats that I like. There are some sandals recently that have gotten the love, but they don't go with the outfits I'm wanting flats for. And heels, ugh. They all fall somewhere between ugly and horrid. The only one that even rates consideration are the Mary Janes from Moschino Stuff, and I still cringe when I look at them. Everything else, when I use them on a sim I'm uploading to the gallery I feel like I need to apologize to them for sticking them in those ugly shoes.

Totally agree with you on your last point, a complete shoes only kit is something we really need. The old stuff isn't aging well, wasn't that great to begin with, and they are making really good shoes now. Time to give that CAS asset a complete makeover.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I have about 6 pairs of Keds. :D Canvas and leather. Have been wearing them many years. I love the simplicity as compared with the bulkiness of some athletic shoes.

9fBKkIC.png

https://www.keds.com/en/women-shopby-sale/

I have these in my game with about 50 recolors. They're what my sims wear most often.

c0KvY4C.png

https://theslyd.tumblr.com/tagged/GGDB

https://missrubybird.tumblr.com/post/183267452655/starlord-golden-goose-sneakers-recolor-part-2-i

Omg I hate those shoes. Hope this rumor is false.
    Lu4ERme.gif
    edited June 2022
    @ignominiusrex they're very comfortable and provide plenty of padding and support. It's a narrow design but they're available in several widths.

@Jordan061102 you remind me of my kids. They've always teased me about my Keds. 😄
    ETA: And you can relax. It's not a rumor. Just a kit suggestion from the original poster. And even if it were true you'd still have nothing to worry about as I'm sure you have no interest in kits.

A bit of info on the history of Keds.

Keds – a timeless sneaker reinvented

https://fashionunited.uk/press/fashion/keds-a-timeless-sneaker-reinvented/2022022361562
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I had to look keds up. I know you mentioned keds specifically and I'm not opposed to more of those but I think we could use a few shoe kits in general. I personally think platform sneakers are LIFE. It's hard to me to buy sneakers that doesn't include a platform like these for example. My sims would look so good in something similar to these. (The last two I own in real life)
    orMA3M2.jpeg
    UdE6sdu.jpeg
    Hs0JxTF.jpeg
    HpZkQYt.jpeg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I had to look keds up. I know you mentioned keds specifically and I'm not opposed to more of those but I think we could use a few shoe kits in general. I personally think platform sneakers are LIFE. It's hard to me to buy sneakers that doesn't include a platform like these for example. My sims would look so good in something similar to these. (The last two I own in real life)
    orMA3M2.jpeg
    UdE6sdu.jpeg
    Hs0JxTF.jpeg
    HpZkQYt.jpeg

Those are definitely the complete antithesis of Keds! What do you wear them with? I saw platform Converse here for a brief while on a few teens, then never saw platform athletic shoes again here so I'm curious.
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited June 2022
    I would buy these sneakers for my sims.
    orMA3M2.jpeg
    UdE6sdu.jpeg
    Hs0JxTF.jpeg
    HpZkQYt.jpeg

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    edited June 2022
    mmmh yeah no to keds from me at least

based on what google showed me there was just shoes competing for most uncomfortable shoe in the world title and i don't particularily like the look either

but then again I was never much of shoes gal cause its hard enough to find shoes that fit my annoyingly problematic feet anyway I just like shoes that are comfy and come in color black
    which usually for sport shoe tend to be big wide and cushiony bulky shoes given my well... dimensions as you may notice and for winter shoes its them ankle boots of choice
    aand yeah im not much of kit gal either so whatever really :sweat_smile: idk why im even commenting this thread in first place tbh probably cause trying to find irl sneakers got me in enraged moodlet lately as humanity has decided once again to make all sport shoes with very narrow toe boxes (dang it whats next running in undersize winklepickers?)
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I want more swimming and bed clothes
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    orMA3M2.jpeg
    UdE6sdu.jpeg
    Hs0JxTF.jpeg
    HpZkQYt.jpeg

I can't remember if you use cc or not, I was thinking you do. If you do Dallas Girl has these cool platform sneakers.

AxriQ5p.png?1

They come with 15 swatches so you can easily find one to go with almost any outfit.
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    Keds are great I love mine (I literally just bought a pair the other day because we aren't selling toms anymore and I needed another just plain pair of shoes to wear), I work at a shoe store there are a s*t load of different colours and there are a good number of styles...... but oh god noooooo we do not need a whole kit dedicated to women's sneakers.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I’d rather see kits for children, toddlers, and teens clothing and shoes, and toys.
    Lamaaaay wrote: »
    Keds are great I love mine (I literally just bought a pair the other day because we aren't selling toms anymore and I needed another just plain pair of shoes to wear), I work at a shoe store there are a s*t load of different colours and there are a good number of styles...... but oh god noooooo we do not need a whole kit dedicated to women's sneakers.

The shoe kit I had in mind would have some sneakers but the focus would be more on flats, heels, and boots. Boots are kind of my thing and what we have in CAS is sad. There's plenty of hiking boots and work boots, but I'd love to see some stylish booties, mid-calf, and knee-highs. Low heels, mids, or even low wedges. Casual ones and some that are a bit dressier but still everyday wear.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    mmmh yeah no to keds from me at least

based on what google showed me there was just shoes competing for most uncomfortable shoe in the world title and i don't particularily like the look either

but then again I was never much of shoes gal cause its hard enough to find shoes that fit my annoyingly problematic feet anyway I just like shoes that are comfy and come in color black
    which usually for sport shoe tend to be big wide and cushiony bulky shoes given my well... dimensions as you may notice and for winter shoes its them ankle boots of choice
    aand yeah im not much of kit gal either so whatever really :sweat_smile: idk why im even commenting this thread in first place tbh probably cause trying to find irl sneakers got me in enraged moodlet lately as humanity has decided once again to make all sport shoes with very narrow toe boxes (dang it whats next running in undersize winklepickers?)

You and I must have similar foot issues. I despise the lack of toe room in shoes wherever it happens, but especially find no excuse for it in any shoes that are supposed to be worn while being physically active.

My toes are the widest part of my foot. it doesn't taper off like a hoof. When regular, run-of-the-mill shoes have a wider or narrower size, they just widen the whole footbed, as if people's feet are the same width across the whole way, so by the time I get enough toe space, my heel is slipping around and I get blisters.

Then to add to the woes, my toes are different from one foot to the other: on one foot, the second toe is longer than the big toe, and on the other, the big toe is longest and the two feet don't have much in common for shape or appearance.

```
    wonderfullymade.jpg