Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get more attention on the gallery?

ljoejoe871ljoejoe871 Posts: 29 Member
I have a few followers and a bunch of creas on the gallery .I’ve been with sims 4 since the beginning and am by no means a sim celebrity I’m not a YouTuber, I don’t have a Simblr , I just started posting my gallery screenshots and handle to IG and twitter I’m LGBTQIA friendly And accept sims and simmers of all shapes and sizes and ethnic backgrounds, find me on the gallery as Simmer24689 my old handle is SimsForever2k I’ve been with the sims series from day 1
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi there :) You could share some of your creations with a link to them here on the forums. Simmers will get to know you and then download your uploads if they like them. When they favorite them then others that follow them will see what they favored and have a peek too ;) Good luck on getting more followers <3 Happy simming :)
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I don't have many gallery followers, but what I find helps with builds is to think of good hashtags. I usually put the world it was designed for and also the name of the original lot, so people searching for that specific space can find it. Building style is also good.
  • KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    To answer the question in the title:
    Use popular hashtags. Share pictures of your creations in social media.

That's it.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2022
    Just from what I've seen, for sims the gallery isn't really about actual quality of content it's just which has the nicest thumbnail. If you post sims with custom thumbnails like these that's what seems to get the most attention. Otherwise it's very hard to get any attention on there unless you have a big following on Tumblr or Twitter or YouTube.

Hashtags can help too, for example if your creation uses discover university you can hashtag it with #DiscoverUniversity or #Britechester. And for builds, it's usually best to keep the original lot name so then people looking for builds to place on that lot can find it easily :)
  • KANAMIKANAMI Posts: 17 New Member
    I was wonder too 🥲 I played sims ever since middle school... and I love All sims series but finally now, I wanted to share my creation and then I didn't know how too....
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    > @Onverser said:
    > Just from what I've seen, for sims the gallery isn't really about actual quality of content it's just which has the nicest thumbnail. If you post sims with custom thumbnails like these that's what seems to get the most attention. Otherwise it's very hard to get any attention on there unless you have a big following on Tumblr or Twitter or YouTube.
    >
    > Hashtags can help too, for example if your creation uses discover university you can hashtag it with #DiscoverUniversity or #Britechester. And for builds, it's usually best to keep the original lot name so then people looking for builds to place on that lot can find it easily :)

There is a lot of truth in this. Fancy thumbnails seem to help a lot.
  • GiggeGigge Posts: 72 Member
    > @Gigge said:
    > > @Onverser said:
    > > Just from what I've seen, for sims the gallery isn't really about actual quality of content it's just which has the nicest thumbnail. If you post sims with custom thumbnails like these that's what seems to get the most attention. Otherwise it's very hard to get any attention on there unless you have a big following on Tumblr or Twitter or YouTube.
    > >
    > > Hashtags can help too, for example if your creation uses discover university you can hashtag it with #DiscoverUniversity or #Britechester. And for builds, it's usually best to keep the original lot name so then people looking for builds to place on that lot can find it easily :)
    >
    > There is a lot of truth in this. Fancy thumbnails seem to help a lot.

Just wanted to add that it can help to get a Maxis Fav too. There are threads for nominations. You can't nominate yourself, but if you nominate others, someone might nominate you.
  • NeonEastNeonEast Posts: 31 Member
    You'll immediately see results if you do attention grabbing thumbnails.

If you're a builder, base game builds are extremely popular, and hashtags help a lot. You can't get custom thumbnails on builds without it being marked as CC, but the best thing you could do is prioritizing the side that'll be on the thumbnail. Also make sure that your secondary thumbnails aren't obstructed by a tree.

If you're a sim creator, you'll immediately see results if you do custom thumbnails, the ones where the face takes up almost the entire frame. This tip might sound phony and you definitely don't have to do this but putting terms like "cute" "hot" "pretty" in the title usually get a lot of downloads. Also hashtags help a lot.

The most long-term way of getting attention though is collaboration. Doing other creators' challenges on the gallery will build you a loyal group of people that'll pay attention to your content. Also finding Sims communties help. The Planet Sims discord server for example has lots of people, and posting there can get you a lot of attention.

I'll make sure to check you out!
    Origin ID: NeonEast ◊
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2023
    Look at my nightclub! Look how it sparkles, look how it shines! (Not yet complete, so it's not up just yet). But on the outside, that's likely the thumbnail. Except it doesn't sparkle enough, so there's work to be done.

f2e0521ddfcc7b506c62cf3f2c361faa.png

So yeah, a good picture, at the right time of day, from the right angle, in the right neighbourhood, will definitely grab attention. Sometimes you may need to move your lot around to get it. Looking good on the outside always goes towards a sale.

You can start getting views with redos of things like the Von Haunt Estate. New and improved 'nightclubs' are always desirable, and everybody loves tiny houses. Tags are important - a lot of people just don't tag or describe their work period. If your build was designed for use with one of those 'special' mods in mind, it's no crime to tag, as long as you don't try to link.

The hardest sell is parks. They probably look gorgeous on the inside, but the angles pictures may be taken from tend to be a downer.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.