Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jobs / Careers / backstory for your were?

This is just me trying to come up with a story for my new Simwolf? Weresim? whatever ;)

What would she work with? Freelance programmer? Just odd jobs? Justifying a newcomer that still fits in is hard, but "only child in the town not born as a werewolf" Is also weird...
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I had this problem when I made a spellcaster family. I don't play with occults much so I just always have trouble coming up with what careers I should give them. My spellcasters didn't have jobs, I just had one of them sell their potions on plopsy. Now with werewolves idk I might just give them regular jobs. Maybe jobs that are more fitness focused.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I had this problem when I made a spellcaster family. I don't play with occults much so I just always have trouble coming up with what careers I should give them. My spellcasters didn't have jobs, I just had one of them sell their potions on plopsy. Now with werewolves idk I might just give them regular jobs. Maybe jobs that are more fitness focused.

I would be tempted to make her a freelance programmer ("Indie Game dev" fits with the vibe ;) ) but just by nature of being a werewolf I think you'll end up with "Outdoorsy" and "Active" lifestyles which will make your Sim just Diiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeee if she has to code for more than 1 minute.
  • Options
    AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2022
    For a human newcomer, maybe a photographer or adventurer who has no idea what they are getting into.

For a local, I really want to go for a full freegan slacker, avoiding to pay for anything if they can and living without a job.

Also, for sure, I will make a Kitsune for Mt. Komorebi, it will fit in great.

Edit: Oh, and maybe for the meme, for a sim I won't actually play much, a werewolf of wall street in the business career.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    What's her personality like? What are her thoughts on occults before coming to Moonwood Mill?

I'm thinking of making a my own sim, called called Hope Treading Water. She's a troubled youth who comes to town to live with her older brother. She falls in with the Wildfangs, who want to induct her into the group because they think adding her to the pack would give her a supportive family. She ends up being turned into a werewolf against her will, but keeps her powers suppressed with substances. (I'm thinking of using apples or another fruit to represent this.) She'll grow up to work as a waitress who's saving up for college, so she can be a detective, a doctor, or the mayor.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited June 2022
    Seems there's one sim native to the new world that's not a werewolf, so she wouldn't be the only one, but still odd one out

As for careers and such, photographer really stands out to me out of your options.

A few things i read opened up potential ideas, too. Things like this may give you an outsde the box type of idea for her...
    The two that stick out to me currently are from a painful pun and someone's idea of turning a premade

Pun here: Hopefully, you can have a werewolf who is also a social media influencer, so you can ask all of your fans to lycansubscribe.
    Which tempts me to make exactly that, and him or her also do media production as well
    (This kind of thing is nonstandard enough that the rural area wouldn't hurt, and may actually be useful, esp if they were a wilderness photographer or survivalist blogger as well, or even something like a rock climber/instructor, despite that being stuff for another pack)

The other one was someone talking about turning diego lobo into a werewolf, which i likely won't do but i really want a hot-headed werewolf art critic now...
    (Not sure how this could play out in the world there, though. Man, if we had scuplting as a skill having a wood sculptor there would be perfect)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Photographer... maybe. But also journalist, writer or again, freelance coder. Anything you can work from home.

As for traits... If there are no new traits I am toying with Dog Lover as my "quirky trait" (I tend to give all my Sims one "odd out" trait like clumsy, gloomy, cheerful, what have you). Just because it would make sense that someone who is instinctively good at reading body language of canines would instinctively get along with werewolves too.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    edited June 2022
    I leaning towards a part-time job either fisherman or laborer. Possibly supplementing that with woodworking.

I want to keep them from having a lot of money for as long as possible. So the grungy furniture makes sense.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    edited June 2022
    Interesting question. My first thought would be to go for a physically active career like athlete or military, perhaps even a secret agent. As a secret agent or a military soldier you could pretend to be hired for a secret operation because of your sims' special furry condition.

I could also see a werewolf being drawn to nature and choose for a career as a conservationist or a gardener.

Another way would be earning money through crafting furniture and other objects or the freelance crafter from eco lifestyle
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    I'd been thinking rockstar werewolf would be cool, even if that wolf in the trailer ended up beating me to it. Heh. Detective might be interesting, too.
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2022
    When I'll get the pack I'll recreate my first werewolf from The Sims 3, idk if I'll already make her a werewolf with her vampire husband, or make her a teen with her parents, moving in Moonwood Mills, before becoming a werewolf.
    Also I'll turn my Not So Berry sim or one of her future clone into a werewolf, bc I recreate her in The Sims 2 and she had the want to become a werewolf, but I couldn't do that, and so I unblocked that want, and now she's an elder with her brand new servo.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Hmm...

A conservationist who during work ran into a werewolf and became one? That's one of my ideas free for taking.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2022
    For the past few years I've mostly played my brothers, Zion and Joaquin, and their descendants. Both brothers are currently settled in their lives, Zion is a vampire, Joaquin is a spellcaster. Both have families and teenage children. Together their family pretty much controls the world.

But there is a third brother, Talon, that I haven't played nearly as much. He's just been single and my go to for mayhem or outright bad behaviour. I decided it's his time.

So he's cured himself of vampirism and moved to Henford on Bagley. He's living in a small cottage in the village while he figures out what happens next.
    When the pack comes out he will move to the new world.

His traits are Freegan, Bro and Gloomy which I think are somewhat fitting.

Iibi0zE.png

As an ex-evil vampire he was in the criminal career but he's going to be doing oddjobs and trying his hand at writing or painting now.

Edit: Don't alt tab out of your game when you play with mods... I left Talon on a date and tabbed back in to find out he's engaged lol.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2022
    I have found that one of the things I really like to do with my archaeologist sims, since there's no archaeologist career, is to have them become Art Critics. (1) The hours are short, giving them lots of time to explore; (2) there are associated interactions with art work that fit well, in my opinion, with archaeologists, and (3) there are writing interactions on the computer that in my mind fit well with the idea of writing scholarly articles about archaeological sites.

So what does all this have to do with werewolves? Well, I think it would be interesting to have your sim start off somewhere like, perhaps, Evergreen Harbor, a newly revitalized PNW city, working as an art critic for the local independent newspaper/alternative weekly. They use their income and flexible schedule to fulfill their love of travel in places like Selvadorada, where they pick up archaeology as a hobby.

Once they've developed that a bit, while writing an article for the Evergreen Scene, they come across a curious bit of local lore about a mysterious abandoned (or is it?) mill town in the region called Moonwood Mill. So they pack up their tent and head off for a long weekend exploring MM and questioning the locals. But then one bright night with a full moon, they have an... encounter... with an unfriendly local named Greg. After that, everything changes, and they pack up and move to MM full time; they keep their job at the Evergreen Scene, as they are conveniently able to work from home writing articles (another advantage to being an Art Critic), ostensibly to dig deeper into a long term research article about MM (or maybe even a book!), but really, they are learning more about themselves and their new pack.
    Post edited by Amapola76 on
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited June 2022
    A little writer/archeologist that moves to the woods in order to write about old legends. Will use CC-climbing rocks in order to build a nice cliff to climb. I love adding climbing in all the worlds. My main sim in a different save has a spouse, kids, livestock, friends and a job. I just want one little loner sim in a brand new save that howls at the moon and maybe waves to the closest neighbor for this save.

Will try to be as much off the grid as possible and there will be chickens because I love having them around. The rest of the family will probably live in Evergreen harbor. Close enough to visit during the day but my sim can drive home to blessed solitude in an evening.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Werewolves in touch with their wolfish nature would probably be shy and family-oriented. They might want to stay at home and care for the cubs most of all? I can see them take on any well paying job that doesn't require too much social contact. Scientist or Gardener are probably out - one transformation at the wrong time and the lovingly raised flowers are in shreds with a very happy werewolf rolling in the remains.

Those descended from zoo wolves, where wolves had to form the artificial packs they are known for now (instead of the family units that wolves live in in the wild) most likely have a strong sense of hierarchy. They'd make good Military (leading into Astronaut perhaps) or Detective sims, ironically also low tier office workers (from Snowy Escape, I forgot what the office drone career is called).

That's assuming there's no fantasy racism in play that forces the weres to keep a low profile.

It's a moot point in my game, where established sims will transform. The most likely candidates are a teacher, a civic architect (who also has a seat in the city council), a detective and the retired Chief of Police (married to a top level judge).
  • Options
    revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    I'm gonna play him from a toddler and he's gonna befriend my spellcaster, eventually falling in love but it's gonna be a veeery slow burn friends-to-lovers arc. He's gonna be an enormous redhead who gives dumb jock vibes but he's actually pretty smart, thinking of putting him in the education career. He needs to wear glasses but he only wears them to work. He'll definitely have the childish trait but I don't know about the others yet, depends on if there are traits that come with the pack and if I like them. Depending on how the system works between the chill wolves and the rebellious wolves I'm thinking of having him born into the chillwolves, eventually going through a rebellious phase and joining the bad guys before returning to the chillwolves.
    &PHgr;
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I suppose thats the nice thing about werewolves...any random sim could be bitten by one!
    My sim of choice is going to be Knox Greenburg. I dont usually play him but he kinda fits as a werewolf I think. My current family is going to be a random spellcaster sim called Rosa I created who will live with knox and Paka a'Uha (plus the pitbull she adopted from Magnolia Park!). It will be an off the grid/simple living farm in Henford-on-Bagely. Rosa will run the farm and sell flowers, Paka will paint and run yoga classes and Knox is going to sell candles and juice from a farm stall...and run wild during the full moon!LOL
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,844 Member
    My story for my were-to-be Shea is that she has always loved the wolves that run around the woods near where she lives in Henford. She always had a kinship with them and felt there was maybe a little wolf blood in her. Now there's a new and totally different wolf pack in the area. They're nothing like the wolves she's used too. This pack speaks to her even more than the wolves she's known all her life. Their howls in the night resonate in her wolf blood. Now she feels that her destiny lies in joining this new pack.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Id have to find more about the pack to be sure but in initial idea was to make my werewolf sim a farmer. Maybe open a meat stall every once in a while. 🤔 😆
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Most likely I won't be making a werewolf unless I can think of a cool were from a cartoon or something. What I will be doing is have specific sims grab a tent, cooler, and portable shower and stay somewhere in the woods of the new world. It may be fun watching werewolves do their thing on a full moon? Also a sim will marry into the wolfpack or change into one.....Can't wait to see how it all plays out in my game!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited June 2022
    The sim I have in mind is a scientist--but he's the type to have discovered aliens on Sixam and such so I could see him exploring this new town, befriending the native townfolk and getting bit by Greg or whomever, haha.

Edit to say his wife is a spellcaster and rising actress!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I already had a do-it-myself wolf character in my game. He gets his own food through his bees and insects and plants, he fishes, and he makes his own vet treats. He lives outdoors in Granite Falls, and considers all his random human/alien friends to be his pack.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I'm sure there will be tons of werewolves in my save, but the ones I'm planning on starting out with are the Rowan sisters I recently created! Hope it's alright to post some pics of them 👉👈 Their pack is called "Alleyway Strays" and they're a little group of ruffians residing in San Myshuno. Currently they're working their way up the criminal career!
    rowansisters1_by_elemmele_df6uylt-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NDc0IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZjZ1eWx0LWI5ZTZhMDgwLWM1YmItNDdiZS05ZjNmLTA4ZGM5YmIzY2UxMS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.414X7eZYIJS1W4_r1mEJYuvcr42GE4G3CyMKBbllbN0

From left to right we have Topaz, Onyx, and Citrine! Most folks might think Onyx is the Alpha (and technically she is), but really there is only one they all answer to: Andromeda.

df6uyly-8641a253-f7eb-4d09-86ab-2f65b428e826.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzBhODQ5ZjNiLTIwZWQtNDMzZC1iZGY0LTM2OWM2NDBlYWMxZlwvZGY2dXlseS04NjQxYTI1My1mN2ViLTRkMDktODZhYi0yZjY1YjQyOGU4MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.CAFaqBanAwiAnZVf3s-bUQVuI4UPS7Da3mti89nzYjY
    As you can see, she is an elderly chihuahua who 100% sounds like this when she howls:

https://youtu.be/3w9L9eixkHQ

And also here's a bonus screenie of the sisters at their favorite restaurant (which they never pay at), and Onyx needs to draw on placemats to stop her from being mean to everyone 😂

rowansisters2_by_elemmele_df6uylo-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZjZ1eWxvLTgyZWJhMWI3LTQzZjctNDRmMS04OTQxLTc5YWViYjk3YzM5NC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.0vc-vxj5_lkKY2iSXLqcklLk2tCuV6D1sCgKTesi1sY

Even though I'm going to have to get them all bitten in-game (or cheat), my headcanon is that they were actually all bitten when they were kids. Andromeda saved them from this giant wolf that attacked them, and they've pledged their allegiance to her ever since 👍 So, basically, they harass the people of San Myshuno and steal whatever they can so they can get lots of money and buy Andromeda literally whatever she wants. Most recently she wanted a gigantic TV 👀

I cannot wait to finally create their werewolf forms, and I can't wait to see the awesome werewolves everyone around here comes up with! 🙌
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    I kinda think it would be fun to make an unlikely werewolf too! So move them into a totally unsuitable world like Sulani or Oasis Springs, make them squeamish, clumsy, snob, lazy or high maintenance then make up your own scenario-
    must reach top level in astronaut career,
    must be BFFs with Vlad!
    :D
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I'm gonna make him a tough guy, and then he'll advance reeeeeeally slowly through that career. Nightjobs for this guy. He's not overly ambitious, so a job? It's a place he goes to, takes orders, and goes back home.

He's gonna be a gluttonous, loner, erratic/angry fellow, and I'll have him live in the garden shed belonging to my main Sulani family. Hopefully, he won't howl around when he returns from the job, and I'm slightly worried for what he will do with the furniture. Hopefully, two Spellcasters, one Mermaid (with a freeze ray) and a Vampire will be able to keep him in check (a.k.a the nice people in my avatar).

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.