Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken/Updated Mods & CC: May 24, 2022 Pronouns Patch

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2022
    Cleared by Creator
    • TwistedMexi - mods other than TOOL and Clean UI
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cleared by Creator
    • Deaderpool - MC Command Center 2022.2.0

Broken Mods
    • Clean UI (TwistedMexi)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Deon329Deon329 Posts: 7 New Member
    To all with broken cas when you're stuck in it with now way out and no side bars the color slider is the problem.
    after deleting it cas works normal again.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    all mods by
    • Srsly
    • Zerbu
  • Options
    zaceitoriuszaceitorius Posts: 48 Member
    15 Clubs Per Sim Mod is updated now
  • Options
    hjoewoahhjoewoah Posts: 3 New Member
    All Basemental mods were cleared on their discord, yay!
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hi there @luthienrising :)

Just updated and tested all my goodies. Everything is working with no issues ;)

Baby outfits and Baby bottle
    ctdsoZn.png
    F8eM1IQ.png
    Invisible animal shed
    JDkQiiq.png
    Long and short French tip nails
    Kg3vxGj.png
    nlTGJiJ.png
    Straw and Skull terrain
    Qgppu5o.png
    FA8WTWO.png
    Selvadorian digsite and treasurechest with froglog and digsite
    6nDxqtX.png
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @hjoewoah The only one that can be mentioned in the official Sims Forums already was. Please do see the first post - there are things that are against Forum rules and you want to be able to stay here <3

@zaceitorius @mcrudd Thanks!

Mod Updates
    Cleared for the Patch
    all mods by
    • NateTheLoser
    • AJ Nebula
    • mcrudd
    • TwistedMexi: CleanUI
  • Options
    hjoewoahhjoewoah Posts: 3 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @hjoewoah The only one that can be mentioned in the official Sims Forums already was. Please do see the first post - there are things that are against Forum rules and you want to be able to stay here <3
    >
    > @zaceitorius @mcrudd Thanks!
    >
    > Mod Updates
    > 15 Clubs Per Sim (King Zace)
    >
    > Cleared for the Patch
    > all mods by* NateTheLoser
    > * AJ Nebula
    > * mcrudd

Oh ok sorry! I did see it, just from the way the mods were cleared I thought that maybe just that one had been cleared earlier and the rest were cleared later but hadn't been announced yet, but now I understand. Sorry again!
  • Options
    Cleared by Creator
    all mods by
    • SayHeyyyMsZoey
    and
    • thepancake1 and MizoreYukii - all mods except Color Sliders (newly broken) and Skip Main Menu (previously reported visual glitches)
  • Options
    DevilishEggzDevilishEggz Posts: 1 New Member
    I have thousands of mods and don't have the time to test every single one, is there an easier way to test this? And do you know if it will be fixed without having to remove mods?
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Mine are all clear. I may need to do some tweaking of strings soon to adapt for custom pronouns but everything works just fine. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Thanks for this!
    I don’t know if it’s cause of update or that I downloaded some very old cc yesterday but when I close my game the screen turns white and the sims cursor is still there, can’t even get task manager up cause the white fullscreen hinders it. Had to force close pc.
    Since most mods I use have been cleared in this thread I don’t think that’s the issue. Now to remove that cc..
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    I have thousands of mods and don't have the time to test every single one, is there an easier way to test this? And do you know if it will be fixed without having to remove mods?

Where to begin...

"It?" What is "it" that needs fixed?

CC != mods. I believe you're exaggerating a bit with the "thousands of mods". Besides, it's the mod authors doing the testing. They check their work and report back here or to their own little corner of the net. Then us users read threads like these to see if anything is amiss.

And by all appearances, this patch was barely a blip on the radar. Nearly everything came through unchanged... so far.
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    DarkAudit wrote: »

Where to begin...

"It?" What is "it" that needs fixed?

I'm not a native english speaker still I can tell you that s/he meant: broken mods.
    DarkAudit wrote: »
    CC != mods. I believe you're exaggerating a bit with the "thousands of mods".

I have 1609 mods; CAS items, clothes, objects etc. don't included. S/he literally can have thousands of mods.
    You don't have to answer somebody if you aren't in the mood, or annoyed. This tone was unnecessary. This is a peaceful place. :)
  • Options
    @DevilishEggz No, there isn't an easier way. If you choose you use mods, you're going to have to deal at patch time with hunting down the ones that are messing up your game. Many, many people just wait for the modders to clear their mods or update them. CC (build/buy and CAS content) is a different story - it'll generally be obvious in game if it's broken.

On your second question, it is modders' responsibility to fix things on their end if the game code their mod speaks to gets changed by Maxis. They know this and support each other in the process. But it does sometimes take a while because changes can be complicated and modders have other things they need to do in life.

If you find that it gets too frustrating, honestly, the best thing to do can be to pare down what mods you use. I do this every couple of years -- literally delete ALL of them (well, move them out) and then add them back in only when I find I need/really actually want to use them.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    all mods by
    • Balkanika
    • Chingyu
    • frankk
    • KiaraSims4
    • Midiar
    • MissyHissy
    • SimRealist
    • YourFalseHope
  • Options
    helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Hey there, hey luthienrising, Thank you again and again for all the work you do here. May you have a lovely springtime. :smile:
    I have checked all my careers vanilla - was really funny to watch them all at once - and everything runs fine. Puh! I'm really happy about this, I have to admit. :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks @helen912 !

Cleared by Creator
    all mods by
    • helen912
    • lazarusinashes
  • Options
    RobinKLocksleyRobinKLocksley Posts: 42 Member
    I've tested all of my mods and the mods I adopted from Scarlet as well, everything is working fine with the latest patch. Sorry I took a wee bit longer than usual to get this out.
  • Options
    lauranichellelauranichelle Posts: 4 New Member
    What about UI Cheats Extension?
  • Options
    @lauranichelle Weerbesu doesn't systematically clear his mods, though I do check comments there now and then just in case. By this point, it's not known to be broken; just keen a backup of your save.

Cleared by Creator
    all mods by
    • Robin

Mod Updates
    Pre-Rebranding Pack Icons (simmytime)

And a note from Simp4Sims:
    For anyone having issues with MXAO and DoF using ReShade, seems like these are broken with the recent Sims patch — only ReShade 5.1 is working. If you can update then do — but know that some presets may be incompatible or require additional setup to work properly
  • Options
    kpopfangirl100kpopfangirl100 Posts: 12 New Member
    there is a fix for tool mod :)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    all mods by
    • Bosselady
    • PandaSama
  • Options
    anhaeeynanhaeeyn Posts: 29 Member
    I've been playing with UI cheats and more cas columns mods by weerbesu with the latest update and had no issues, no visual glitches either. Same goes for Better Build by TwistedMexi.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top