Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..
    I don't think there's a point in arguing about fashion much, as taste is very subjective and what is considered fashionable also has a lot to do with where you live. But cargo pants or pants with cargo elements like large pockets or military style belts are definitely something one wears on a night out where I live. I wouldn't describe it as evening wear though either, it's for clubbing or just going out for drinks. I thought some examples might help to picture what I mean.
    yMD76Ax.jpg
    I am actually more confused about the lack of shoes. There should have been at least one pair of heels in this kit.

Obviously fashion is somewhat subjective. And even in one area, there will be many factors which dictate what a person wears where and when..
    Also in the fashion industry, they can, and do find a way to make anything look chic.. Whatever makes it sell. I guess I meant on a broader scale.. If I went out on a given evening, I wouldn't expect to see a lot of women in heels and cargo pants. Not that I don't think it is a cute look. It just isn't what my mind conjures up as something for a night out.. Even in those pictures, I think the outfits are cute, but also casual, and great for an afternoon, or early drinks perhaps.. I dunno..

Like I said, it just wasn't what I had pictured to be coming.

I have often wondered if the reason why one might feel like that (because I often feel that way) is because of the art style of the sims 4. It's a bit more cartoony and therefore you expect things to be a little more expressive, because that's how it is in cartoons.

And there is not enough detail to see the difference (especially in that low quality picture) between a pair of cargo pants that you use when going out hiking and a pair of cargo pants that you use to go to a night club.

On the picture of the real people, you see the difference. In The Sims 4, when your sim is standing on an empty background, and with that cartoony art style, it's more difficult to get clothes like that to look unique.

It's true that the art style of the game limits how things can look (compared to real-life counterparts). In the case of clothing, I personally notice the way the fabric hangs on a body, and in the game it just sort of... sits there like a clothing-shaped mold.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    I like the look of the items in the Little Campers kit. If that blanket fort is the same type of object as the play tent in DHD, that would be cool for me since I don't already have that pack, and am unlikely to get it. I also love the bedsheet "TV", the swingset with the fairy lights, and the homemade looking dollhouse. Even though I already have various options on those types of items, I'd definitely use these ones too because they have a totally different "feel" to how they look than anything I already have. So I might end up getting this kit at some point.

The Moonlight Chic kit is nice, but only the lady's jacket with a belt actually excites me, so that one's probably a pass for me.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..

I think there is a huge misunderstanding because it's "Paris" and people have very weird expectations like it's "high fashion" or whatever. It's just standard street fashion in France, not High Fashion and not meant to be.

French people do not have better fashion sense than anywhere else.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

Of course they do!
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member

Totally agree. Was so confused when I saw the pics, they don't suggest to me anything about moonlight or chic. Seems very everyday wear with the exception of the sparkly top and necklaces.
    edited May 2022

Of course they do!

Definitely not. (Tell me a single thing except the street signs that is different between that street image and a crosswalk in Hamburg, Glasgow, Oslo or Gothemburg?)

100_40561.jpg
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I don't see any must have for my Sims among the cc, as far as the bb kit I wonder how much would my Sims interact with those items?! I suspect that they would just be in the backyard whilst my Sims was indoors fulfilling their needs.
    Scrapdash wrote: »

Totally agree. Was so confused when I saw the pics, they don't suggest to me anything about moonlight or chic. Seems very everyday wear with the exception of the sparkly top and necklaces.

As I said, it seems to be a huge misunderstanding, people expecting something else than normal European evening fashion worn by common folk.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The thing about the shirts is that they look too hot for summer and too cold for autumn. When are you supposed to wear something like this?

I guess I'm too old or too middle class to get this style. I like my clothes to be comfortable.
    telemwill wrote: »
    The thing about the shirts is that they look too hot for summer and too cold for autumn. When are you supposed to wear something like this?

I guess I'm too old or too middle class to get this style. I like my clothes to be comfortable.

Oh I'm 50. I get you. That said Paris is warmer than here, and during summer you can definitely wear that between June and September.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸, finally a kit that isn't complete plum xD I look forward to the Little Campers thing, even tho idk if I'll buy it given that I just don't play this game enough anymore. But if I ever were to buy a kit, that sounds like my cup of tea.

However does the Moonlight Chic mean Stay Up was about this? Or did I miss some GP news?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member

Of course they do!

Definitely not. (Tell me a single thing except the street signs that is different between that street image and a crosswalk in Hamburg, Glasgow, Oslo or Gothemburg?)

100_40561.jpg

As a frequent German tourist in France I have always found the French sense for beauty, style and fashion 100 % more exciting than in any other European country (and certainly more than in Oslo, the most boring capital I've ever visited, although that was in the 90s 😊).
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    when is the new kit coming out??
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Why is the blanket fort so big again tho :(
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager

Both kits drop tomorrow :smile:
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

And when do dragons drop?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    EA_Cade wrote: »

And when do dragons drop?

You don't want dragon drops... :p

--

Both kits look good, but unfortunately MC has a lot of stuff we already have in game (or at least I do) so I'm gonna likely skip that one. Will wait and see how Little Campers turns out.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2022
    Deleted
    Post edited by lori171957 on
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I think there is a huge misunderstanding because it's "Paris" and people have very weird expectations like it's "high fashion" or whatever. It's just standard street fashion in France, not High Fashion and not meant to be.

I agree that the average french person dresses like, well, an average person.. But Paris has always been considered one of the fashion capitals of the world.. Often considered the top spot. If you reference the fashion capital of the world when talking about clothing, it isn't a stretch to assume we will be seeing high fashion looks. It doesn't have to be that. But, like I said, it just felt odd to me.

In any case, like I said earlier, the fashion world likes to put anything and everything on the runway, so it's kind of a moot point.

As a frequent German tourist in France I have always found the French sense for beauty, style and fashion 100 % more exciting than in any other European country (and certainly more than in Oslo, the most boring capital I've ever visited, although that was in the 90s 😊).

I sort of agree here. I don't think french people per se have better fashion sense. But Paris is very metropolitan and fashion focused, and in the fashion world, that does usually mean more people wearing clothing that is in vogue (not trendy, but actual vogue). Same as London, New York, Rome, and even way up in Edinburgh. I live in Edinburgh part of the year, and in the summer we get a ton of tourism from other European cities, (the city literally doubles in size from it) and you definitely see a flood of current fashion on the streets at that time in high volume. Having been to New York a few times, I would say I have seen it there more as well.

I don't think being from a place inherently means you are more stylish. But I think there will be a higher population of people focused on it in cities which focus on it.
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    SimTrippy wrote: »

So that kids can go in and play in it.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |

To be fair as little as I care about children gameplay in the Sims, this is one thing I wished for as a kid: a proper enormous blanket fortress.

To be fair as little as I care about children gameplay in the Sims, this is one thing I wished for as a kid: a proper enormous blanket fortress.

Right! I think over time our goal was always to get bigger and bigger. We even started making rooms in the forts. Eventually I remember once making a fort that took up almost the whole living room. My mom was NOT happy about it, lol. We were so upset when we had to take it down.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    (Tell me a single thing except the street signs that is different between that street image and a crosswalk in Hamburg, Glasgow, Oslo or Gothemburg?)

100_40561.jpg

I mean I might not be able to tell it apart from New York or something, but it's obviously not just anywhere

100-40561.jpg
    (Tell me a single thing except the street signs that is different between that street image and a crosswalk in Hamburg, Glasgow, Oslo or Gothemburg?)

100_40561.jpg

I mean I might not be able to tell it apart from New York or something, but it's obviously not just anywhere

100-40561.jpg

That looks like a standard EU town to me. I am 100% serious when I say I don't see anything that stands out in that image compared to a crosswalk in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Copenhagen...
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    That looks like a standard EU town to me. I am 100% serious when I say I don't see anything that stands out in that image compared to a crosswalk in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Copenhagen...

idk, I feel like the french wear alot less leisurewear and trainers as regular clothes!

Anybody know when the kits are being released today??