Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited May 2022
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is a TV show you've been following for the longest time?

None! I'd been watching Grey's Anatomy for quite some time, but I bailed at some point during season 17. And I watched RuPaul's Drag Race since season 2, but stopped around, I think season 10? Nothing else I've been watching has been on very long. Or I don't watch it religiously. Or I've just binged it and haven't been watching it all along.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2022
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is something silly that you believed as a kid?

Battle in real life is the same as Red Alert. I wonder if anyone is less silly than me😃
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is something silly that you believed as a kid?

I used to think that size 9 months clothes were for babies that had been in the womb for all 9 months and smaller sizes were for preemies. I have no idea where I came up with this. I thought this til I was like in high school, too. I didn't have a lot of experience with babies, obviously 😮‍💨

Also, for various reasons, including Harvest Moon, I thought that you could only get married on a Sunday. Again, I thought this waaaaaay too long.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    Saw this on Tumblr:

Gerard Way trying to find a bassist for his band.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,662 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

All of the long running shows that would be on my list are over and done with. Some of the newer ones that I'm really into:

Amazon: The Boys, The Wheel Of Time, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Disney: The Book of Boba Fett, The Mandalorian,
    HBO: Harley Quinn
    Netflix: Dead To Me, Ozark, Good Girls, The Good Place, Peaky Blinders

I'm on a hiatus with Ozark. I've had a few bouts with my depression lately and I'm really not in the mood for something that dark.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Probably Doctor Who, though I only really started following it since it returned in 2005. Most of my favourite TV shows were made before I was born so I watch them on DVD instead.
    I also really like 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?', which sometimes reruns on freeview channels so I'll nearly always watch it if it's on.
    Today's Q Q is:
    When taking pills/medication, which one is you?
    a. Fill mouth with a bit of water first before popping in the pill.
    b. Pop the pill in first and then drink some water.
    c. Other?

B! :D My mom can take pills without any water.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    c. Other?

I'm a B also. There are times where if I have to I can take small pills without water but I hate it. They always feel like they never went all the way down. They feel like they're still near the top of my throat. I cough and try to clear it but nothing comes out so I know it went down and it's just my mind playing tricks.

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member
    womp womp
    https://youtu.be/jGuc4ogEEE0
    Today's Q Q is:
    c. Other?

B unless instructed otherwise.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
    Hi y'all, I woke up at 1.48am today for like no reason and didn't fall back sleep after and now it's 4.53am. Weeeee.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I didn't like having to make an androgynous one so this doesn't look anything like me, but it was the best I could do: I see it looks like...some 12 year old boy perhaps? I should have just made some wild and wacky horned animal thing.

download20220500200301.png

Here's a men's one for you

https://picrew.me/image_maker/1533508

Look, it's Man-ty

1533508_PXDPL3Ml.png
    One conflicting pair, cyncie and DeKay, but no perfect matches yet.

Actually I think mintycupcake and I got a perfect match: they got "Ivory" and I got "Noir" and at least on the Noir page, it lists Ivory as something like that to Noir. But I gather from Minty's reaction to the Ivory result, that it didn't resonate.

NEW BEST FRIEND!!!

*sharp intake of breath* He'd sure cause my eye to linger! Is that you-as-a-cartoon-man?

Ha, well, I tried. But the options are super limited, so I'm not sure how accurate it would be.
    I didn't like having to make an androgynous one so this doesn't look anything like me, but it was the best I could do: I see it looks like...some 12 year old boy perhaps? I should have just made some wild and wacky horned animal thing.

download20220500200301.png

Here's a men's one for you

https://picrew.me/image_maker/1533508

Look, it's Man-ty

1533508_PXDPL3Ml.png
    One conflicting pair, cyncie and DeKay, but no perfect matches yet.

Actually I think mintycupcake and I got a perfect match: they got "Ivory" and I got "Noir" and at least on the Noir page, it lists Ivory as something like that to Noir. But I gather from Minty's reaction to the Ivory result, that it didn't resonate.

NEW BEST FRIEND!!!

Here we go: me, if I were younger, way more buff, etc. I don't wear glasses, but added them to represent that I now have to use reading glasses to focus on anything small up close. Thanks again, Minty!

download20220501154213.png

You're welcome, bestie!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Current mood is Sims 2 low quality FIFA boxart.
    FKN9TDv.jpeg

Today's Q Q is:
    c. Other?

B here.

If I were an A I probably would have my daily pill floating at the top of my mouth forever refusing to sink.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    Did a 4 hour rehearsal today, then came home and spent another 4 hours sitting in the floor assembling a cat box enclosure for Mango. My back is killing me.

So, I’ll take my pain reliever by method B.
    Today's Q Q is a random one just for fun!:
    What color is your toothbrush?

I think it's mainly black (even the bristles). And a bit of dark purple accents.
    d5b1c0137ef6c4c48feb604f6b495f77
    FwDXXd5.gif

I think it's mainly black (even the bristles). And a bit of dark purple accents.

White with pink, blue, and grey accents.

• MMXMMX Posts: 4,426 Member

I actually use those.
    9d1z2m12k175.png
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I don't know what color my toothbrush is, because there are like several of them in the cup there due to the fact that he's the opposite of me in terms of how *organic* his approach to the location of things and the formation of habits, is. So he'll walk out of the bathroom while brushing his teeth (I do not understand why this is necessary) then sometimes the toothbrush winds up set down randomly and long story short, we have many toothrbushes in a cup at any given time (and others lost wherever, or dropped on the floor, constantly being santized in the dishwasher when I find them on the floor, and some come out melted), and I don't know which was mine, now.

If I wanted to keep mine separate (which makes no real sense since he and I share *everything*) I would have to hide it somewhere where only I knew its location, as my chaotic-good Hairfoot Halfling is the opposite of systematic. :D

And now for Something Completely Calming: Check out the Disney movie in real life: the deer appears to love the harp music:

https://youtu.be/9Xd8xq06FCw
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg

White with pink, blue, and grey accents.

Black and white electric.
    Today's QQ is:
    What is your birth tree?
    Dec 23 to Jan 01: Apple Tree
    Jan 02 to Jan 11: Fir Tree
    Jan 12 to Jan 24: Elm Tree
    Jan 25 to Feb 03: Cypress Tree
    Feb 04 to Feb 08: Poplar Tree
    Feb 09 to Feb 18: Cedar Tree
    Feb 19 to Feb 28: Pine Tree
    Feb 29: Poplar Tree
    Mar 01 to Mar 10: Weeping Willow Tree
    Mar 11 to Mar 20: Lime Tree
    Mar 21: Oak Tree
    Mar 22 to Mar 31: Hazelnut Tree
    Apr 01 to Apr 10: Rowan Tree
    Apr 11 to Apr 20: Maple Tree
    Apr 21 to Apr 30: Walnut Tree
    May 01 to May 14:Poplar Tree
    May 15 to May 24: Chestnut Tree
    May 25 to Jun 03: Ash Tree
    Jun 04 to Jun 13: Hornbeam Tree
    Jun 14 to Jun 23: Fig Tree
    Jun 24: Birch Tree
    Jun 25 to Jul 04: Apple Tree
    Jul 05 to Jul 14: Fir Tree
    Jul 15 to Jul 25: Elm Tree
    Jul 26 to Aug 04: Cypress Tree
    Aug 05 to Aug 13: Poplar Tree
    Aug 14 to Aug 23: Cedar Tree
    Aug 24 to Sep 02: Pine Tree
    Sep 03 to Sep 12: Weeping Willow Tree
    Sep 13 to Sep 22: Lime Tree
    Sep 23: Olive Tree
    Sep 24 to Oct 03: Hazelnut Tree
    Oct 04 to Oct 13: Rowan Tree
    Oct 14 to Oct 23: Maple Tree
    Oct 24 to Nov 11: Walnut Tree
    Nov 12 to Nov 21: Chestnut Tree
    Nov 22 to Dec 01: Ash Tree
    Dec 02 to Dec 11: Hornbeam Tree
    Dec 12 to Dec 21: Fig Tree
    Dec 22: Beech Tree

Apple Tree
    Love
    Of slight build, lots of charm, appeal, attraction, pleasant aura, flirtatious, adventurous, sensitive, always in love, wants to love and be loved, faithful and tender partner, very generous, scientific talents, lives for today, a carefree philosopher with imagination.

Ash Tree
    Ambition
    Uncommonly attractive, vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism, ambitious, intelligent, talented, likes to play with fate, can be egotistic, very reliable and trustworthy, faithful and prudent lover, sometimes brains rule over the heart, but takes partnership very seriously.

Beech Tree
    Creative
    Has good taste, concerned about its looks, materialistic, good organization of life and career, economical, good leader, takes no unnecessary risks, reasonable, splendid lifetime companion, keen on keeping fit (diets, sports, etc.)

Birch Tree
    Inspiration
    Vivacious, attractive, elegant, friendly, unpretentious, modest, does not like anything in excess, abhors the vulgar, loves life in nature and in calm, not very passionate, full of imagination, little ambition, creates a calm and content atmosphere.

Cedar Tree
    Confidence
    Of rare beauty, knows how to adapt, likes luxury, of good health, not in the least shy, tends to look down on others, self-confident, determined, impatient, likes to impress others, many talents, industrious, healthy optimism, waiting for the one true love, able to make quick decisions.

Chestnut Tree
    Honesty
    Of unusual beauty, does not want to impress, well-developed sense of justice, vivacious, interested, a born diplomat, but irritates easily and sensitive in company, often due to a lack of self confidence, acts sometimes superior, feels not understood loves only once, has difficulties in finding a partner.

Cypress Tree
    Faithfulness
    Strong, muscular, adaptable, takes what life has to give, content, optimistic, craves money and acknowledgment, hates loneliness, passionate lover which cannot be satisfied, faithful, quick-tempered, unruly, pedantic, and careless.

Elm Tree
    Noble-mindedness
    Pleasant shape, tasteful clothes, modest demands, tends not to forgive mistakes, cheerful, likes to lead but not to obey, honest and faithful partner, likes making decisions for others, noble-minded, generous, good sense of humor, practical.

Fig Tree
    Sensibility
    Very strong, a bit self-willed, independent, does not allow contradiction or arguments, loves life, its family, children and animals, a bit of a social butterfly, good sense of humor, likes idleness and laziness, of practical talent and intelligence.

Fir Tree
    Mysterious
    Extraordinary taste, dignity, sophisticated, loves anything beautiful, moody, stubborn, tends to egoism but cares for those close to them, rather modest, very ambitious, talented, industrious, discontented lover, many friends, many foes, very reliable.

Hazelnut Tree
    Extraordinary
    Charming, undemanding, very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody, and capricious lover, honest, and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment.

Hornbeam Tree
    Good Taste
    Of cool beauty, cares for its looks and condition, good taste, is not egoistic, makes life as comfortable as possible, leads a reasonable and disciplined life, looks for kindness and acknowledgement in an emotional partner, dreams of unusual lovers, is seldom happy with its feelings, mistrusts most people, is never sure of its decisions, very conscientious.

Lime Tree
    Doubt
    Accepts what life dishes out in a composed way, hates fighting, stress, and labor, dislikes laziness and idleness, soft and relenting, makes sacrifices for friends, many talents but not tenacious enough to make them blossom, often wailing and complaining, very jealous but loyal.

Maple Tree
    Independence of Mind
    No ordinary person, full of imagination and originality, shy and reserved, ambitious, proud, self-confident, hungers for new experiences, sometimes nervous, has many complexities, good memory, learns easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.

Oak Tree
    Brave
    Robust nature, courageous, strong, unrelenting, independent, sensible, does not like change, keeps its feet on the ground, person of action.

Olive Tree
    Wisdom
    Loves sun, warmth and kind feelings, reasonable, balanced, avoids aggression and violence, tolerant, cheerful, calm, well-developed sense of justice, sensitive, empathetic, free of jealousy, loves to read and the company of sophisticated people.

Pine Tree
    Particular
    Loves agreeable company, very robust, knows how to make life comfortable, very active, natural, good companion, but seldom friendly, falls easily in love but its passion burns out quickly, gives up easily, everything disappointments until it finds its ideal, trustworthy, practical.

Poplar Tree
    Uncertainty
    Looks very decorative, not very self-confident, only courageous if necessary, needs goodwill and pleasant surroundings, very choosy, often lonely, great animosity, artistic nature, good organizer, tends to lean toward philosophy, reliable in any situation, takes partnership seriously.

Rowan Tree
    Sensitivity
    Full of charm, cheerful, gifted without egoism, likes to draw attention, loves life, motion, unrest, and even complications, is both dependent and independent, good taste, artistic, passionate, emotional, good company, does not forgive.

Walnut Tree
    Passion
    Unrelenting, strange and full of contrasts, often egotistic, aggressive, noble, broad horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition, no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and passionate, no compromise.

Weeping Willow
    Melancholy
    Beautiful but full of melancholy, attractive, very empathetic, loves anything beautiful and tasteful, loves to travel, dreamer, restless, capricious, honest, can be influenced but is not easy to live with, demanding, good intuition, suffers in love but finds sometimes an anchoring partner.

I'm a Birch Tree!

Vivacious, attractive, elegant, friendly, unpretentious, modest, does not like anything in excess, abhors the vulgar, loves life in nature and in calm, not very passionate, full of imagination, little ambition, creates a calm and content atmosphere.

At first, I was like, "Nah, this is ain't me...." But then, after some thought, I think it's quite accurate.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I get
    Ash Tree
    Ambition

Uncommonly attractive, vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism, ambitious, intelligent, talented, likes to play with fate, can be egotistic, very reliable and trustworthy, faithful and prudent lover, sometimes brains rule over the heart, but takes partnership very seriously.

and he gets
    Hazelnut Tree
    Extraordinary

Charming, undemanding, very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody, and capricious lover, honest, and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment.

I wouldn't call him capricious at all, we're both faithful lovers but he's "prudent" whereas I'm demanding, intense, and passionate.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    Look at that, @ignominiusrex, we're both Ash, at least according to that. I don't see what they see, of course there's always exceptions.

Ambition- I don't consider myself ambitious. I struggle with motivation, and I put the 'pro' in procrastination. Maybe that will change as the meds for my depression kick in.

Uncommonly attractive- No, plain Jane.

Vivacious- Ok, maybe a little. The Webster's definition, 'lively in temper, conduct, or spirit', fits if I know you and I'm comfortable around you, I become Hurricane Dani.

Impulsive- Yeah. I can't deny, I have an impulsive streak. I control it most of the time. But when it slips the leash....

Demanding- Only of myself.

Does not care for criticism- I invite it. What I don't care for is the presentation. When I do something creative I want people to like it, I want them to sing it's praises, but want them to also be honest and tell me what they see that could be better, what did I miss on. Just do it politely, don't be nasty and snarky about it. THAT is the criticism I can't tolerate. You can tell somebody what they did wrong, what they can/could do better without belittling them.

Ambitious- See above

Intelligent- I believe I am intelligent, but because of what depression and anxiety do to my brain, it's extremely difficult for me to take in and retain knowledge. If information comes at me too fast, I feel overwhelmed, slightly panicked, and I shut down mentally, and nothing is getting past that wall that goes up.

Talented- I think so, I just haven't found that thing that I'm really really good at yet.

Likes to play with fate- Ab-so-effing-lutely not.

Can be egotistic- I wouldn't call myself egotistical. I hunger for praise and recognition, but that stems from my lack of self esteem. I often feel like nobody likes me, nobody loves me, that I'm not worthy of those things. So I do go looking for people and things that make that go away. That can come across as egotistical or narcissistic, but I don't like the dark places my mind goes where those doubts live. This is something else I'm hoping will ease up as I get my depression and anxiety under control.

Very reliable and trustworthy- That's me, for sure.

Faithful and prudent lover- Yep. If you capture my heart, it's not going anywhere. I'm yours completely. Friend, lover, or both.

Sometimes brains rule over the heart- Nope, my heart almost always overrules my brain.

But takes partnership very seriously- Crap! I think these last three were all one statement. Well, I already answered this one.
    I'm an Ash tree too!

"Ambition
    Uncommonly attractive, vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism, ambitious, intelligent, talented, likes to play with fate, can be egotistic, very reliable and trustworthy, faithful and prudent lover, sometimes brains rule over the heart, but takes partnership very seriously."

Um... I'm the opposite of vivacious in person (my mind is very lively though), neither am I demanding. I'm more likely to try and do everything myself, without asking for help when I could do with it. I hate the thought of being a burden or an annoyance to others.

Neither do I think I'm egotistical (although I feel a bit ironic saying that and talking so much about myself here). I love making people laugh and creating things but I do it for the purpose of spreading good vibes, sharing a bit of humour and in general because I just enjoy doing it, not to fulfil a need for attention.

'Uncommonly attractive': :D I've had a few of these game results mention my attractiveness now and it always makes me laugh, because if you saw me in person... :| I'm not vomit-inducing like the curse of repulsiveness in the sims, but I wouldn't say I'm much of a looker either. Not the traditional aesthetics of attractiveness pushed on everyone by the media anyway.

If by 'does not care for criticism,' it means doesn't care what others think, yes, I try not to. I invite constructive criticism for my work and I wear whatever I like and like whatever I like. I am careful about who I choose to express my interests to in RL (got fed up of being teased for them) but if people don't want to accept me, then they know where to go and what to do when they get there. I am still prone to people pleasing, but these days can't be bothered with trying to make an effort for people who are never going to be satisfied. If someone wishes to get to know me and be my friend (or something more), wonderful. I'd absolutely love that and would be 100% faithful. But if their purpose for getting to know me is to just to big themselves up by putting me down, then they can ****** off and find another doormat.
    I'm an Ash tree too!

"Ambition
    Uncommonly attractive, vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism, ambitious, intelligent, talented, likes to play with fate, can be egotistic, very reliable and trustworthy, faithful and prudent lover, sometimes brains rule over the heart, but takes partnership very seriously."

Um... I'm the opposite of vivacious in person (my mind is very lively though), neither am I demanding. I'm more likely to try and do everything myself, without asking for help when I could do with it. I hate the thought of being a burden or an annoyance to others.

Neither do I think I'm egotistical (although I feel a bit ironic saying that and talking so much about myself here). I love making people laugh and creating things but I do it for the purpose of spreading good vibes, sharing a bit of humour and in general because I just enjoy doing it, not to fulfil a need for attention.

'Uncommonly attractive': :D I've had a few of these game results mention my attractiveness now and it always makes me laugh, because if you saw me in person... :| I'm not vomit-inducing like the curse of repulsiveness in the sims, but I wouldn't say I'm much of a looker either. Not the traditional aesthetics of attractiveness pushed on everyone by the media anyway.

If by 'does not care for criticism,' it means doesn't care what others think, yes, I try not to. I invite constructive criticism for my work and I wear whatever I like and like whatever I like. I am careful about who I choose to express my interests to in RL (got fed up of being teased for them) but if people don't want to accept me, then they know where to go and what to do when they get there. I am still prone to people pleasing, but these days can't be bothered with trying to make an effort for people who are never going to be satisfied. If someone wishes to get to know me and be my friend (or something more), wonderful. I'd absolutely love that and would be 100% faithful. But if their purpose for getting to know me is to just to big themselves up by putting me down, then they can ****** off and find another doormat.

Wow, three of us. A lot of what you say I can relate to. This is the first of these tests that I feel missed who I am.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Rowan tree.

Sensitivity
    Full of charm, cheerful, gifted without egoism, likes to draw attention, loves life, motion, unrest, and even complications, is both dependent and independent, good taste, artistic, passionate, emotional, good company, does not forgive.

Almost spot on.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Name an unintentionally recurring theme in the kinds of media you get into.

Right now it's a lot of time travel or Groundhog day repeating of events kinda movies. 😅
    FwDXXd5.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top