Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Castaways | Deserted Island Challenge (6/14/2022)

SofieSimsxSofieSimsx Posts: 38 Member
purple-sky-profile-header.png

PROLOGUE

While on your way to a camping vacation, the unthinkable happens. A surprise storm overtakes your small commuter plane. Your pilot, though skilled, is no match for the fierce winds, and the plane starts to lose altitude. You brace yourself, hoping for the best. The plane smashes into the ocean, and everything goes black…

…then you wake up. The sun is so bright you can see it through your eyelids, and there is warm water lapping at your legs. Gritty, soft sand molds and shifts under your body as you stand up, groaning. You hurt all over. But miraculously, you seem to have escaped with no serious injuries.

Throwing a hand up to shield your eyes from the sun, you take in your surroundings. The island is small, full of wild vegetation and a wide swath of beach. A scattering of other islands dot the landscape, and a large misty mountain looms in the distance. There is no sign of the plane wreckage, the pilot, or your fellow passengers. You’re all alone, and you’re stranded…a castaway on a deserted island!

GAMEPLAY

Sul, sul! My name is Sofie and I’m currently playing a fun little story called The Castaways—which is kind of a mix of a Legacy, a Rags to Riches, a Survival/Living off the Land challenge, and will probably venture off into a Build a City of sorts? Not sure where I’m going with this but I’m having lots of fun with my klutzy founder Holly, who seems to have a stream of bad luck following her, haha! The specific rules and gameplay I'm using is from the Sulani Island Castaway Challenge, which is a challenge I found on Reddit. My main platform is Wordpress and I also crosspost on Tumblr! Hopefully you will enjoy my story & feel free to leave any comments or questions ♥

CHAPTERS

Post edited by SofieSimsx on

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Holly is a great character and I love how you deliberately chose all the horrible traits for her to make it even harder. And Mochie, the koala, is such a cutie! Love them both! And, of course, Sulani, is gorgeous. Looking forward to more of Holly's adventures.
  • SofieSimsxSofieSimsx Posts: 38 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Holly is a great character and I love how you deliberately chose all the horrible traits for her to make it even harder. And Mochie, the koala, is such a cutie! Love them both! And, of course, Sulani, is gorgeous. Looking forward to more of Holly's adventures.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, I definitely wanted to make things a little more difficult for Holly, haha. And I just love Sulani, it's my favorite world in the game.
    Chapters 2 & 3 posted! Let me know what you guys think :)
    Posted chapter 4. Thoughts and comments are welcomed!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Congratulations on being featured on the Friday Highlights. I think your story and challenge will be excellent. If you're curious here is another variation we put ideas into a while back. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17758769/#Comment_17758769
    Congratulations on being featured on the Friday Highlights. I think your story and challenge will be excellent. If you're curious here is another variation we put ideas into a while back. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17758769/#Comment_17758769

Awesome, thank you so much! I will be sure to check it out :)
  • franka44021franka44021 Posts: 125 Member
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait to read more about Holly's adventures. I am definitely going to try the Castaway Challenge. Thanks for sharing Holly's story. Happy Simming!!!
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Really love this!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
    Congratulations!!! I can't wait to read more about Holly's adventures. I am definitely going to try the Castaway Challenge. Thanks for sharing Holly's story. Happy Simming!!!

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! And if you happen to post it please tag me, it's one of my favorite storylines! <3
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Really love this!

Thank you for checking out my story :)
    2 new chapters today :o
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    I loved following you along on your journey <3

Thank you for all your lovely comments <3
    I posted a new chapter, guys!
    New chapter: 1.8! Getting closer and closer to officially kicking off the legacy.
    1.9 posted!
    SofieSimsx wrote: »
    1.9 posted!

Yay!!!!
    edited June 2022
    @ashcrash19 :# thank you for reading!
    edited June 2022
    1.10 is up, let me know what you guys think ;)
    1.10 is up, let me know what you guys think ;)

Will check it out now :) I also have been sometimes commenting on the blog post itself as Ashley.
    1.11 is posted on my blog! Pretty boring update but I guess they all can't be exciting ;) I'm just really trying to move the challenge along at this point.
    1.11 is posted on my blog! Pretty boring update but I guess they all can't be exciting ;) I'm just really trying to move the challenge along at this point.

Hi @SofieSimsx any updates soon? Thanks!