Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What aspect of the Sims 4 do you enjoy most?

13...Next

Comments

• Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    CAS (Create-A-Sim)
    I chose the CAS, I plan how my Sims look, or what theme I plan with them. I usually don't enjoy the game play as much, unless I like the Sims I created. I also spend a lot of time in the CAS, because I like to do experiments. If I feel like I am making the Sims too much alike, I will take my Sim, and mix them with one I like on the Gallery. Any unique features I tend to keep, like if the child had a larger/broader nose, I will keep it.
    After game play and CAS I like looking at the Gallery. With what I mentioned before, I look for Sims for experiments, or to put into my games. I also look up households, and other buildings to put into my games.
    I don't build, I am not very good at it, so I haven't really done that.
    With BB, I tend to just buy my Sims what they need, and that is usually it.
    With getting the Home Designer game pack, I may delve more into that, and maybe build something later on.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    CAS (Create-A-Sim)
    I'm a very gameplay oriented person but, since I think the biggest shortcomings of TS4 are related to gameplay, I picked CAS. I mean, my priorities for downloading fan made content has completely flipped on its' head with this tittle. Whereas in TS2-TS3 I downloaded tons of CC and hardly any mods, this time I'm getting tons of gameplay mods and only very few CC items. Like, sure, I enjoy the gameplay now with mods and spend most of my time there but the fact remains that it required mods for me to truly enjoy it. Therefore I don't think it's very accurate for me to say "gameplay is the best part of TS4".
    While there are some clunky things about CAS I think it's VERY robust and I love how you basically have no restrictions (compared to previous games). You can wear any outfit for any category for any gender. It also lets you pick their walk style, decide whether the sim can get pregnant and so on. I also absolutely love how you can have unique body shapes instead of it lamely being restricted to "thin or fat".
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Gameplay
    Why is it nobody ever thinks to put an All of the Above? While I don't spend much time browsing the Gallery, on the whole, I've done more yesterday than normal, looking for a specific lot that would fulfill my need. I LOVE CAS, it's the best of the iterations. I love to build, which is one of the things that attracts me to this game. (I'm a looky-loo at heart and can generally remember the floorplan of houses I've been in a few times.) I love the gameplay, which is being improved all of the time. I also use a couple of mods to help out. Even though I want the songs from the Singer Career in Sims3, I simply can't go back. Also, the look of the Sims in this game is far more realistic. I didn't like the look of the Child Sims in Sims3. Heads too big and too fat in the face. All I can say is I'm having a blast!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Build & Buy Mode
    I def spend most of my time in build/buy mode. To me its very relaxing to build a house and landscape the lot, kinda like painting a picture or doing a jigsaw puzzle!
    Every so often I do get hooked into gameplay with a particular family but more often then not I plan on gameplay but spend so long building houses I run out of time to actually play.
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    Build & Buy Mode
    Build and Buy. I would like it to be Gameplay, but because of many bugs and lagging, this is not the one. And for some reason the gallery won't load most of the time. This wasn't always the case. CAS I don't spend a lot of time on.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited May 2022
    Gameplay
    Gameplay > CAS > Browsing the Gallery > Doing something else > Doing nothing > Being in Hell >>>>>>>>>>>>> Build Mode.

That's my order of preference. How much time I actually spend on what aspect, though, is a different story. Sometimes I spend all day in Build Mode because it takes me that long to find matching furniture and figure out why the game won't let me place it where I want it. By the time I'm finally done, my sanity has slipped into oblivion and I'm so fed up with the game that I quit before even moving in the family I built the house for.

Long story short: I'm here for the gameplay, and I really wish that was the thing I spend the most time with...

dogzdinner wrote: »
    I def spend most of my time in build/buy mode. To me its very relaxing to build a house and landscape the lot, kinda like painting a picture or doing a jigsaw puzzle!
    Every so often I do get hooked into gameplay with a particular family but more often then not I plan on gameplay but spend so long building houses I run out of time to actually play.
    Yeah, that's basically me, too, albeit for very different reasons. :D
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Build & Buy Mode
    I chose Build/Buy only because it was the very first thing that drew me into playing the game right from the beginning. However, over the years I've come to equally enjoy all aspects of the game. Actually, in addition to an 'All of the above' choice added, I would include 'Creativity.' Why, you might ask?

Well, because there are many things in addition to CAS, Build/Buy and Gameplay I have learned over the years that have helped to satisfy my creative side in relation to the game. For instance, writing stories, learning how to make videos, learning how to use Photoshop, how to run a forum, setting up a blog, creating my own challenges, creating my own CC and so much more! Creativity is the aspect of the game I enjoy and love the most! <3
  • Boondoggle1960Boondoggle1960 Posts: 18 Member
    Gameplay
    I've always been a explorer in whatever game I'm playing at the time! I can spend hours discovering new places!
  • prebblesprebbles Posts: 2 New Member
    Build & Buy Mode
    as much flak as the sims 4 gets in terms of lackluster content, i really do love the game. i'll admit that i can't really play it without mods, and for that i owe modders everything, but i still love it. i love the art style, i love build/buy, CAS. all nice and fun to me
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Gameplay
    Gameplay overall. I like just doing my randomized rotation of all households and seeing where I go and slowly build the bonzai garden that is my save file. I do like styling my Sims to my taste in CAS. Housing though...that's one I purely run to the gallery though. But I do spend a fair amount of time looking at houses and getting ones that work for my ideas.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I would say I enjoy CAS, building, and gameplay about equally. It's because I can use all three of those parts to create my own stories that I enjoy the Sims games as much as I do. If any one of those three things were removed, I would not enjoy the game at all.

But I rarely use the gallery.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    MsDSweets wrote: »
    Its sooo challenging for me to choose. Why - Because when I'm building, or in CAS or doing gameplay, I'm having a blast so its my favorite at that time. Each part commands my attention for fun-filled hours.

This. Exactly. I love all three parts and get totally absorbed in each.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • LuckySimmer10LuckySimmer10 Posts: 116 Member
    Gameplay
    Why is it nobody ever thinks to put an All of the Above? While I don't spend much time browsing the Gallery, on the whole, I've done more yesterday than normal, looking for a specific lot that would fulfill my need. I LOVE CAS, it's the best of the iterations. I love to build, which is one of the things that attracts me to this game. (I'm a looky-loo at heart and can generally remember the floorplan of houses I've been in a few times.) I love the gameplay, which is being improved all of the time. I also use a couple of mods to help out. Even though I want the songs from the Singer Career in Sims3, I simply can't go back. Also, the look of the Sims in this game is far more realistic. I didn't like the look of the Child Sims in Sims3. Heads too big and too fat in the face. All I can say is I'm having a blast!

Thanks for the suggestion about adding an all of the above option. I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future.