Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update 4/26

1235...Next

Comments

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    They didn't mention fixing the bug where your Sim couldn't build a rocket ship, but I had the bug before and don't have it now.

Are you playing the same save file where you originally encountered the rocket glitch? Or are you playing in a new save?

The same save. I was going to have my Sim become a scientist, but thought I'd give the rocket one last chance. So she's back to being an astronaut. She's doing the extraterrestial scenario, which doesn't have much to it except that you need access to the collectible aliens.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    With the removal of the Fill in Empty Lots option, how will random Sim families be generated? Does Neighborhood Stories do that now? Or am I misunderstanding this? I'm very worried about this change. It will affect the 100 Baby Challenge that I've been doing since I rely on random male Sims being generated in the game and added to empty houses.

The option inside Neighborhood Stories would control that now.

Thank you for responding! Would a similar option ever be added back to the game? With Neighborhood Stories, I've noticed that it seems more random and doesn't always add Sims into houses as often as it did with the other option for me. I like the ability for it to fill up houses with random Sim groups or families as much as possible for when I'm doing something like a 100 Baby Challenge.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    With the removal of the Fill in Empty Lots option, how will random Sim families be generated? Does Neighborhood Stories do that now? Or am I misunderstanding this? I'm very worried about this change. It will affect the 100 Baby Challenge that I've been doing since I rely on random male Sims being generated in the game and added to empty houses.

The game will create new sims for mailcarriers, inspectors, sometimes mixologists, DJs, sometimes kids met at school, firefighters... it generates new sims for a lot of things. They just don't have homes. Look at your "Not in world" sims in manage households and there should be a bunch of them.

Thank you, that's very helpful! I knew that these Sims were there, but I often have trouble finding them walking around the world. I guess I would have to move them into houses myself since Neighborhood Stories doesn't really do it that often for me, although that would be a lot of moving around.
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,318 EA Community Manager
    Thank you for responding! Would a similar option ever be added back to the game? With Neighborhood Stories, I've noticed that it seems more random and doesn't always add Sims into houses as often as it did with the other option for me. I like the ability for it to fill up houses with random Sim groups or families as much as possible for when I'm doing something like a 100 Baby Challenge.

I'm not sure, but I can pass that feedback up on your behalf :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

I'm not sure, but I can pass that feedback up on your behalf :)

Thank you for your help! Hopefully I'm understanding everything correctly. I was very confused when I first read about the update, so I wouldn't be surprised if I am misunderstanding it completely. Maybe it would be good to have some sort of option to determine how often you would want new Sims to be generated and moved in with Neighborhood Stories? That might be a helpful extra option for people.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    I don't believe the Ring Ring Sim was on my main menu. I'm just wishing my game would finally fully install. You know, I went to the trouble to update things on my laptop knowing we were heading out early Monday. Seems I had to do it all over again now that I can access said laptop. Half of the day is gone already and we're going out to dinner with friends who moved here years ago. I'm tired and a tad cranky. It's very nice Erik Cantrell missed me and I would really like to see what he's been up to unsupervised, but I'm sitting here nearly falling asleep while the rest of my packs install. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Phaeton99Phaeton99 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @SnaveXs said:
    > I don't like the resume button change. It would be fine if they showed the world you left off in too but it's inconvenient when you share playing the game with a child. I don't want them to accidently delete my whole neighborhood trying to reach their household through load games. I wish they would reconsider this change.

It's even worse when one is using a save for building and needs to load a specific household — or no household at all — before going into the mode. The fact that there is no way to get around it is simply bad GUI design.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Phaeton99 wrote: »
    It's even worse when one is using a save for building and needs to load a specific household — or no household at all — before going into the mode. The fact that there is no way to get around it is simply bad GUI design.
    @Phaeton99 but there is a way around it. Use “Load Game” instead of “Resume”.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I really REALLY appreciate the new resume feature - not having to go an extra step when I just want to resume the family I'm playing is very useful indeed. I never used the old resume feature because it didn't make any sense to me, I always used load instead. But now I'm using both - the resume button for when I want to keep playing the same family - and the load game for when I'm switching to another household. To me, this is what the resume button should have been from the start. It makes a lot more sense and makes the main menu less redundant.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,489 Member
    @Aine I never had a problem resuming my game where I'd left off the last time I played. What bothers me is when it sets the game back a little in time, so that I have to go through a few things, again, instead of being that much closer to the anticipated wedding! We could always Load Game. Also, until very recently, I could use my Build save, and if I saved and exited, the next time I loaded it up, I would end up in the map view so I could choose which build to work on. Just yesterday, it took me to the household of Template Build. I have no desire to play this Sim, at all. But, since we still can't just to into map mode, first, to build, but are stuck going through CAS, we have little choice but to create a Sim. Hm, makes me wonder what would happen if I removed him entirely?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Aine I never had a problem resuming my game where I'd left off the last time I played. What bothers me is when it sets the game back a little in time, so that I have to go through a few things, again, instead of being that much closer to the anticipated wedding! We could always Load Game. Also, until very recently, I could use my Build save, and if I saved and exited, the next time I loaded it up, I would end up in the map view so I could choose which build to work on. Just yesterday, it took me to the household of Template Build. I have no desire to play this Sim, at all. But, since we still can't just to into map mode, first, to build, but are stuck going through CAS, we have little choice but to create a Sim. Hm, makes me wonder what would happen if I removed him entirely?
    Hi @GalacticGal
    Are you saying you wanted to load that save to map view but, by hitting Resume, it brought you to a household instead? Just click Load Game instead next time and load the same save, it will bring you to map view. I feel like it would be easy to remember since they show a sim next to the Resume button and that’s not a sim you actually play.

As for the other part, yeah I don’t like how we are forced to create a sim when creating a new save, and I think if you delete that sim it’ll just pick the first premade household available like the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I really REALLY appreciate the new resume feature - not having to go an extra step when I just want to resume the family I'm playing is very useful indeed. I never used the old resume feature because it didn't make any sense to me, I always used load instead. But now I'm using both - the resume button for when I want to keep playing the same family - and the load game for when I'm switching to another household. To me, this is what the resume button should have been from the start. It makes a lot more sense and makes the main menu less redundant.

I feel the same way. Before the change, I never used the resume button, but seeing the sim in the household and directly loading the household made me use the resume option about half the time I start up the game. But I still use the load button as well if I want to make sure I load the correct save. It's about 50%
    @Aine I never had a problem resuming my game where I'd left off the last time I played. What bothers me is when it sets the game back a little in time, so that I have to go through a few things, again, instead of being that much closer to the anticipated wedding! We could always Load Game. Also, until very recently, I could use my Build save, and if I saved and exited, the next time I loaded it up, I would end up in the map view so I could choose which build to work on. Just yesterday, it took me to the household of Template Build. I have no desire to play this Sim, at all. But, since we still can't just to into map mode, first, to build, but are stuck going through CAS, we have little choice but to create a Sim. Hm, makes me wonder what would happen if I removed him entirely?

Doesn't the load game button still take you to map view, same as it always did?
    I am surprised to hear that the resume button sets the game time back a little. I will check next time I use the resume function.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Doesn't the load game button still take you to map view, same as it always did?
    Yeah it does.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---