Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Didn't they say they heard the occult players...

Comments

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    But we have already seen them get all up and cry out about how occults destroy the realism of a game where you can be an astronaut and a secret agent.

As much as I agree with your point, I was here since day 1, and there was a HUGE outcry because back then in 2014 the game had only the "fun" careers. Everything mundane career wise has been added after protests from the players.

I've been here since day one too, and I remember the outcry for the "boring" careers as well. I remember being confused about it as well, like really people want those boring mundane careers? Like I get missing the Lawyer and military careers because they're staples of the series, but they're not as interesting as say, being a secret agent, astronaut, doctor or spy.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    But we have already seen them get all up and cry out about how occults destroy the realism of a game where you can be an astronaut and a secret agent.

As much as I agree with your point, I was here since day 1, and there was a HUGE outcry because back then in 2014 the game had only the "fun" careers. Everything mundane career wise has been added after protests from the players.

I've been here since day one too, and I remember the outcry for the "boring" careers as well. I remember being confused about it as well, like really people want those boring mundane careers? Like I get missing the Lawyer and military careers because they're staples of the series, but they're not as interesting as say, being a secret agent, astronaut, doctor or spy.

For me it's about creating different characters - and I make a lot of different sims with different careers and interests. I DEFINITELY don't want all my sims to have the same 'exciting' careers, because that would be weird - also it doesn't fit their characters? Some sims just have 'normal' careers and do normal things, they're not all spies and doctors. Which I think make sense?

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    EA cade said it best 😌 the best part of the Sims is that it's a mix bag of everything so it's almost impossible to get bored of one thing. When I'm tired of playing one way I can easily switch to another way of play and have a diverse cast of sims.
    I thought I would never use any seemingly mundane careers myself and then one day I wanted to create a struggling student trying to get by as part of my story and I got him a job as a part time fast food worker. It was exactly what I needed at the moment. A secret agent spy just would not have fit no matter how cool it may be.
    That's why although I do agree that realistic gameplay seems to get favored sometimes, I never liked the occult VS realism war because we can exist in harmony.
    I myself definitely use a combination of both.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I too, agree with Cade, although I need a pantry the size of a mansion to keep me fed.

Besides that I need another pantry the size of a castle to store things that I can experiment with that I usually don't use but sometimes dream about using in the future.
    It's all or nothing really. o:)

• Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    And now I'm hungry.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Aine wrote: »

For me it's about creating different characters - and I make a lot of different sims with different careers and interests. I DEFINITELY don't want all my sims to have the same 'exciting' careers, because that would be weird - also it doesn't fit their characters? Some sims just have 'normal' careers and do normal things, they're not all spies and doctors. Which I think make sense?

I like to think of it as a "well stocked kitchen"; I would rather have all the ingredients there to make whatever I want, rather than the ingredients to just make what I usually want.
    Yes! Well said.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    And now I'm hungry.
    And I'm hungry

for the justice occults deserve.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Feed the Occults!

...sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member

I like to think of it as a "well stocked kitchen"; I would rather have all the ingredients there to make whatever I want, rather than the ingredients to just make what I usually want.

That is such a perfect explanation! This explains why I have bought several packs I didn't have any interest in, and why I own most of the kits.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    The Wolfies are starving for their hunted dinners. :D
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I hope we get some unique eating habits for Werewolves. I was surprised when Mermaids didn't get anything special like harvesting kelp or eating raw fish.
  • Options
    And now I'm hungry.

My default state. Always hungry for something…🫢
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I hope we get some unique eating habits for Werewolves. I was surprised when Mermaids didn't get anything special like harvesting kelp or eating raw fish.

I was surprised about the merfolk as well. I completely understand they’d rather not eat fish but in all fairness now they should. Dolphins eat fish and I can’t hear them complain.

Re: werewolf eating habits: People already mentioned Cottage Living cross pack compatibility but this is the kind of thing that should really be a thing.
    Werebeasts eat…🐄🐇🦙🐓🦊👵🏻.
    Same should apply to My First Pet Stuff. Keep the hedgehogs ‘n hamsters safe, kids. I’m predicting a boost in sales.
    Technically it already has were-hamsters in it…
    I believe that when a rodent bites a sim the sim could die and change into a (were-) hamster. I never thought about it like that but there you go.

Also, when a sim gets spat by a Llama they might change into a WereLlama:

“ Oh where oh were did the were- llama go?”
    “Just follow the trail of llama drool ‘n red wool”.

Why red you may ask? Well, think about it.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Yeah, I feel like there should be a "carnivore" trait for werewolves.

All of the meats!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2022
    A lot of people want occults. A lot of people are fine with the packs being made and just wouldn't buy the pack. It's about 50/50.

The number of people who don't want the packs made AT ALL are in the minority - but very loud. They howl for 'realism' and are also the kinds of people who overlook that thanks to 'realism' we now have fingernails, and DUST. They also fail to tell us what they'd prefer Maxis to be working on, just that they don't want Werewolves.

I mean seriously, FINGERNAILS?! It's nice and all, but rather unnecessery. If you want the Devs to be working on getting rid of bugs, I'd think THAT was an expansion that would be worth passing over a lot more than Werewolves.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Wabbit season for the Wolfies. :D>:):p
  • Options

OH I completely get that, I just remember thinking it was weird there was such an outcry in the early days of TS4. Granted the game launched practically empty with nothing to do, so I guess I was more miffed with the lack of patience people were showing rather than the content they were screaming for.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel like there should be a "carnivore" trait for werewolves.

All of the meats!

A carnivore trait would be incredible, it would also balance out the vegetarian trait too.

Though, I do have to say that it's strange that a dietary choice is labelled a trait, but oh well. (Same with Lactose Intollorant)
  • Options
    A lot of people want occults. A lot of people are fine with the packs being made and just wouldn't buy the pack. It's about 50/50.

The number of people who don't want the packs made AT ALL are in the minority - but very loud. They howl for 'realism' and are also the kinds of people who overlook that thanks to 'realism' we now have fingernails, and DUST. They also fail to tell us what they'd prefer Maxis to be working on, just that they don't want Werewolves.

I mean seriously, FINGERNAILS?! It's nice and all, but rather unnecessery. If you want the Devs to be working on getting rid of bugs, I'd think THAT was an expansion that would be worth passing over a lot more than Werewolves.

The majority of the anti-occult stuff I've seen is on Twitter, which ironically is where the Gurus, well maybe not the Gurus, but at least some at EA/Maxis tend to turn their ears for opinions/ideas about what they should be doing for the game next. instead of turning their attention to their own forums, where most of the fandom seems to be. In way of suggestions, feedback and ideas for future content.
  • Options

I mean seriously, FINGERNAILS?! It's nice and all, but rather unnecessery. If you want the Devs to be working on getting rid of bugs, I'd think THAT was an expansion that would be worth passing over a lot more than Werewolves .

FINGERNAILS UNNECESSARY?!!

*tries to calm down*

As someone who loves playing with the occult, fingernails are 100% necessary in my game….
    No dedicated menu for fingernails = no dedicated menu for claws.

I WANT CLAWS!!! PINK ONES! GREEN ONES! RED ONES! WHITE ONES! BLACK ONES!

CLAAAAAAAAAWWWWWSSSS!!!!!

And huge fangs. These are also available under the “realistic” teeth menu when Vamps is installed.

I ask, What’s a sim without teeth? With huge canines, preferably.
    It’s like a cave without stalactites and stalagmites. Not that interesting and a bit like a hollow tunnel with a giant slug sleeping inside.
    I’ll stop now.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    And now I'm hungry.

I was surprised about the merfolk as well. I completely understand they’d rather not eat fish but in all fairness now they should. Dolphins eat fish and I can’t hear them complain.

Re: werewolf eating habits: People already mentioned Cottage Living cross pack compatibility but this is the kind of thing that should really be a thing.
    Werebeasts eat…🐄🐇🦙🐓🦊👵🏻.

They based the mermaids on the ones from Sirens and some Polynesian myths. Kalamainu'u is a goddess who eats people. I think they'd be already eating fish unless specifically vegetarian or child of the ocean.

I'd laugh so hard if they made it so werewolves can eat rabbits and chickens.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    And now I'm hungry.

Werebeasts eat…🐄🐇🦙🐓🦊👵🏻.

They based the mermaids on the ones from Sirens and some Polynesian myths. Kalamainu'u is a goddess who eats people. I think they'd be already eating fish unless specifically vegetarian or child of the ocean.

I'd laugh so hard if they made it so werewolves can eat rabbits and chickens.

Exactly, the distaste for fish, specifically, is the trait "Child of the ocean" while "Vegetarian" makes you nauseated if you eat any kind of animal product. So the three "non secret" mermaid premades in Sulani have different traits. The "curious Ariel analog" from the trailer is a VERY good-hearted mermaid with the Child of the ocean trait. The other two are Evil, with the female one literally, as you stated is named after a Polynesian myth and if you look closely her face is made to look very... shark like. The male mermaid with the mohawk is also Evil but I don't know if he's inspired by anything specific.

And then we have the hidden nature-spirit mermaid that only spawn after the islands are 100% clean who is obviously good-hearted but I have no idea about the traits.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited May 2022
    Hmm….

I will probably start off a brawl between the werewolves and the vampires when we get them. Will probably have the mod-werewolves too, as a second clan. Will see what happens, will the vampires succeed in pitching the furballs at each other rather than at them. Will the werewolves team up and overtake Forgotten Hollow, who knows?

I have two really good saves concentrating on chickens and gardening. Think I need a little drama this time around. Was contemplating a save with a vampire gardener who also was a fiber artist who made high quality yarn from her rainbow Lama in Forgotten Hollow but this would be fun too.

(I have a few drop-spindles and wool at home. I am a slow spinner but hey, it’s yarn).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Werescythe wrote: »
    Werescythe wrote: »
    A part of my wants a post-apocalyptic pack, completely with a deserted town (with "survivors" taiing up residence) perhaps one of the already existing towns, build mode items for bomb shelters and mutants as a new supernatural lifestate.

I'd be down for werewolves, fairies and perhaps succubi/incubi as well.

A post-apocalyptic pack would be awesome. The Sims 4 meets Fallout 4.... raiders and mutants and bomb shelters, oh my! :o

Yeah, like being a raider could be a new life goal (or perhaps open up fun options for evil sims).

I always love more options for my evil, mean, and criminal sims!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @halloweenchild Can you make your own NPC's take up jobs so that no new ones are spawned on lots anymore when you visit? I try to edit mine, but it gets exhausting because new ones spawn all the time.

My daughter sometimes makes some chefs and then makes them unplayed, and they sometimes pop up for her restaurants. One of my played sims who is a housewife popped up for a business one time and I used her. I don’t know whether she really got paid, but you could always add funds once in awhile to simulate payment. This happened in my main save which is rotational. So far I still get the same NPC showing up at the Henford on Bagley grocery stall.