Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: Blacksmithing, Pottery, Glass-Blowing, Sewing, Basketry, Leatherworking, etc.

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
First of all, I'm glad that knitting got added in, but I would love to have more forms of sewing. I would love to have more items and options for sewing. I am particularly interested in medieval style items.
Blacksmithing objects:
  • Functional forge
  • Functional quench barrel (would like medieval wooden barrel style and modern)
  • Functional quench basin (wooden to modern- these are like the laundry basins that are shorter but wider)
  • Anvils for shaping (flat & rounded versions)
  • Blacksmith's tongs
  • Forging hammer
  • Bellows
  • Grindstone
  • File
  • Molds for forming poured metal
  • Crucible (container in which metals and glass can be melted)
Things that can be made: metal flatware, plates, cups, armor, metal gates, metal fences (wrought iron), metal widow frames, shelves, etc.

Pottery objects:
  • Functional throwing wheel (aka pottery wheel-- from medieval foot-powered to modern)
  • Functional wedging table (work table with absorbent cloth or papers on surface to turn mud into workable clay)
  • Functional kiln
  • Cutting & shaping tools
  • Glaze jars to color/coat pottery
  • Drying rack (clay objects must dry out before being placed in a kiln to be fired- *see notes on firing below)
Things that can be made: pots, vases, tiles, bricks, cups, plates, mugs, jars, urns, statues, crucibles, molds, etc
*From what I recall, after pottery dries it gets a bisque-firing to solidify it. Then it is glazed and fired again. Sometimes you can glaze before bisque firing and then do a final coat of glaze (usually a glossy glaze that adds a protective layer)

Glass-Blowing objects:
https://www.polaroidfotobar.com/glass-blowing-tools-list/
https://www.cmog.org/article/tools-glassmaker
  • Blowpipe
  • Triple furnace w/ annealing chamber (I'm still researching how this works & what they look like)
  • Pontil (iron rod for gathering glass)
  • Work table with marver (flat slab of stone or metal on which glass is worked)
  • Blocks (wooden spoon-like tool that is rounded-- is dipped in water before use)
  • Tweezers
  • Jacks (bladed tweezers)
  • Paddles
  • Shears (multiple kinds)
  • Yokes (for holding up blowing stick or pontil)
  • Water basin
  • Large jars/vases or barrels holding sand & other materials
  • Mortar & Pestle (for mashing up of ingredients)
Things that can be made: Glasses, vases, windows, statues/figurines, glass art, glass jewelry, etc

Sewing objects:
  • Spindles
  • Functional spinning wheel (both old style & modern)
  • Harvestable cotton, flax, & silk (from silkworms that could work similarly to bees)
  • Functional loom (again, medieval and modern-- perhaps even have mini handheld looms for smaller items)
  • Functional sewing machine (from old fashioned to fancy computerized kind)
  • Sewing table
  • Rocking chair (for sitting in to sew by hand, stitch, etc)
  • Textile rolls
  • Folded fabric
  • Skeins
Things that can be made: Rugs, tapestries, clothing, shoelaces, pillows (can be stuffed with feathers from chickens) etc

Basketry (aka Basket-weaving) objects
  • Work table (or mat that can be placed on the floor so sims can work while sitting)
  • Awl
  • Pliers (even crude ones for medieval times)
  • Knife or Scissors
  • Mallet
  • Wedges
  • Pillow for sims to sit on if they sit on the ground or floor
  • Container of materials-- can be a large vase/jar, basket, barrel, etc
Things that can be made: baskets (obviously), bowls, hampers, ropes, floor mats, window coverings, roof covering, flags, wall tapestries, awnings, etc

Leatherworking objects:
  • Work table
  • Leather / hide partials & scraps
  • Jars of dye
  • Jars of tanning equipment
  • Functional Tanning rack
  • Awl or hole punch
  • Mallet
  • Beveling tool
  • Burnishing stick
  • Skiving knives
  • Strop
  • Roller
Things that can be made: Wall coverings, wallets, window coverings, aprons, armor, boots, awnings, door flaps, clothing (pants/jackets), tool cases, toolbelts, etc

Candlemaking/Waxcraft
  • Heated vats or cauldrons of wax
  • Work table
  • Wicks
  • Hanger to suspend candles
  • Knife
  • Shaping tools
Things that can be made: Simple candles, ornate candles, figurines, molds, wax blocks, etc

I would love to have sheep added to the game to join Llamas. Similar coding for llamas can be used. Sheep should be able to provide wool and milk (sheep milk is high in protein and fat). It would be nice to add goats for milk as well. Sheep also produce wax.

Wax from beehives can also be added. Leatherworking uses waxed thread and wax is used for making molds (look up "lost wax molding") and helping things retain shape. It also blocks dye and glaze from going on undesired areas. I wanted to keep the underside of my pot's lid the same color as the original clay so I used hot wax before glazing. I also used it to do layers of dye (lightest to darkest) on my batik artwork.

Batik/Dyeing
  • Wax heater (can be fire or electric powered-- small pot)
  • Wax Pen
  • Brushes for wax
  • Canvas (to stretch fabric)
  • Dye vials/containers
  • Brushes for dye
  • Tub or pot (to place fabric for dying)
  • Paper (to put over and under batik when ironing out wax)
  • Salt container (to add to dye)
  • Bowl of water (for dipping dye brushes to dilute dye or rinse them)
  • Hot iron (can be heated over fire or electric to iron wax out of batik)
  • Fabric bolts (to be dyed or made into Batik)
  • Work table
Things that can be made: Batik wall hangings, clothing changed color, colored fabric for clothing, sheets, etc. Tie dye stuff.
Batik is like a combination of painting and dying where you apply hot wax over the areas you want to keep the color it goes over. So if you want anything the same color as the fabric you put wax in those spots, wait for it to cool enough and then apply the next lightest color of dye with a brush. You put wax over that and keep adding dye of progressively darker colors. Once you are done, you remove the fabric from the canvas/frame and put sheets of paper above and below and iron the wax out. You end up with wax paper as a byproduct. Without using hot wax, you can do other dying techniques for regular dying. If you want more fine lines than a pen can provide, you can use a wax pen. It has a reservoir for hot wax and a small opening that lets you drip wax out.
fullsizerender.jpg?resize=475%2C475&ssl=1

Soap Making
  • Work Table
  • Pot (for mixing ingredients)
    [*}Flame/Heating apparatus (simple for medieval or electric for modern- may be able to use stove or fireplace if available)
  • Containers for ingredients
  • Stirring stick
  • Molds (to pour liquid soap into to form shape)
  • Knife for cutting any shapes needed
  • Bowl of water
Things that can be made: Various shape, scent, & color soaps. They can be regular bars, oval bars, beveled bars, or even animal shapes like rabbits. Different soaps can result in different moods. (Pied Piper and Icemunmun both made soap-making CC). Medieval soap was made with a combination of oak ash, tallow, quicklime (not fruit), salt, flour, and water. The ash is boiled and left to sit to create lye.
https://www.medievalists.net/2019/09/how-to-make-medieval-soap/

Scrimshaw
  • Work table
  • Containers (for bones, horns, teeth, ivory, shells etc)
  • Carving tools
  • Scrap bowl (to catch shavings for re-use or disposal)
Things that can be made: horns or bone with carvings on them, small figurines, miniature boats, blowing horns, drinking horns, handles for knives & flatware, piano keys, small wind instruments-- kazoo, flute, etc.

Sims3 had pottery and there was a glassblowing-jewelry making station from the store. It looked a bit too modern though. From what I understand there are chambers on a furnace with different levels of heat for different parts of the glassblowing process. I could add more detail after further study.

I can't remember if Sims3 had sewing or not, but I would love to have it.

I think I mentioned I would love to have silkworms added. Someone made a mod with silkworms being similar to bees. They can only eat mulberry leaves or something apparently.

Perhaps making dyes can be added to alchemy or brewing. Either that, or feeding the silkworms & sheep certain things can yield different colors. Similar to fertilizing cotton. But it would be cool to dye stuff. I want some flax that is used for linseed oil and linen.

For vegans/vegetarians who don't want to kill animals for leather there can be cactus leather. Cactus leather can be harvested from prickly pear cacti (nopal cacti)- which also provide fruit. Harvesting "leather" does not kill the plant.

Lit candles can be used for burning off ends of waxed thread.

I'd also like to expand woodworking to make wagons, carriages, carts, etc. A Conestoga wagon would be cool. The cloth cover could be sewn and coated with linseed oil.

New items:
  • Cotton
  • Sheep
  • Flax (for linen and linseed- linseed can be used to seal cloth to make it waterproof)
  • Silkworm nests
  • Nopal Cacti (aka prickly pear)
  • Mulberry tree
  • Pokeweed (for dye)
  • Wax Paper

I'm open for more suggestions.

Usually I include pictures but last time I tried it wouldn't let me. If it lets me post some later I will try.

Editing to add that it would be nice to be able to make something with one skill to use in another- like a basket to hold yarn, a box (from woodworking) to hold stuff, leather pieces to garments or parts of tools, etc. Either smithing or jewelry crafting can be used for making grommets, rivets, hairpins, metal studs, nails, screws, etc.
Edited to add a few new things like scrimshaw, candle making, and soap making.
Post edited by Suceress on

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I would really love a blacksmith forge and pottery wheel! That would be perfect with a medieval pack. A little forge to mint some swords and armor for medieval Sims would be so fun.

There is a candle making machine. I think it comes with Eco living. You can collect wax from the bees for it and dip in the melted wax to make candles.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I've played with Eco Living only a bit- around the time my PC crapped out. I've transferred everything over to my laptop but haven't had a chance to play much. I've been trying to find my old CC.

I really loved the pieces in Asylis-Bastelbox's sets but they aren't available for download anymore. Blacksmithing and Pottery are my two top requests for the game since we've had blacksmithing in Sims Medieval and pottery in Sims3.

I'll have to play around with the bee-keeping and see if I can find the mods to improve them again. I know there are CC mods for wax harvesting.
    If anyone is interested, I found a treadle powered grindstone (deco object) converted from Witcher 3 to sims3 and then to Sims4. https://us.v-cdn.net/5022015/uploads/editor/0q/od47sda8uk75.png

Until/unless EA comes out with these sets officially, I'll be building a CC collection.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Let's see

Sewing, pottery and glassblowing can fit perfectly with a crafing pack

Blacksmith and leatherwork with a horses pack

Basket weaving, with any country related pack, even with a refresh
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Let's see

Sewing, pottery and glassblowing can fit perfectly with a crafing pack

Blacksmith and leatherwork with a horses pack

Basket weaving, with any country related pack, even with a refresh

I would LOVE a crafting pack! When I played EverQuest I believe we could do tailoring, blacksmithing, jewelcraft, baking, brewing, poisonmaking, fletching (making of bows & arrows), and tinkering. World of Warcraft has alchemy, tailoring, leatherworking, blacksmithing, enchanting, engineering, jewelry crafting, & inscription. In ESO we can do enchanting, alchemy, jewelry crafting, blacksmithing, leatherworking, tailoring, & cooking (called "provisioning").

I love the idea of horses. I miss them from Sims3. I used to have horses in real life. They would fit in well with a medieval or neighborhood set in the past with less technology. I could see it working like Journey to Batuu where the clothing & items are restricted to what fits with the theme. I'd love to have a medieval pack like that. Sending birds to deliver messages instead of making phone calls. Mail could come in a horse-drawn carriage (if not via bird). There could be horse-drawn wagons, plows, carriages, carts, etc. They could add mules or donkeys for pulling stuff too (but maybe have them more limited like cows/chickens).

Another country or farm pack would be great as well. I live in a rural area and I can't even make 1/4 of my yard in the game. I can barely fit my house on the largest lot but don't have room for my barn, workshop, and sheds.

Some forms of basketweaving might even work well with a revamp of Island Living. First time I learned any basketweaving was on a tropical island using fronds.

When I mentioned candle making I was thinking specifically of candles I saw being made as a child. Like these:
    banner_1.jpg
    All-blue-carved.jpg

Internet went out for a couple hours before I could post so I lost my train of thought.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Those pretty candles reminds me of the ones in Eco Living.
    I used to have a candle like that but it melted while in transport during a move. I actually watched them make it in San Antonio in some place. Can't remember if it was a mall or what. It was really neat to watch how it was made though and it gave me inspiration for how to mold clay when I took ceramics class. Sadly, another student's project exploded in the kiln (air bubbles) and destroyed it along with some work by other students.

As an aside, I would love to see more pictures if anyone else has ideas for things.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    From your list, I think pottery would fit in nicely.
  • LIL_LillyLIL_Lilly Posts: 93 Member
    They need to just make an medieval ep horses, archery, blacksmith(ing?) etc. It would make my generations challenge a lot more better.
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
    LIL_Lilly wrote: »
    They need to just make an medieval ep horses, archery, blacksmith(ing?) etc. It would make my generations challenge a lot more better.

I agree! I would really love a Medieval pack. Maybe it could be like Journey to Batuu in that its like a separate world with different presets.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    A medieval pack with all the skill items like we have in The Sims Medieval, as well as that type of CAS items and B/B. I love that game and would really enjoy it if in Sims 4! Plus it would be great for creating my Skyrim in Sims 4!
    thank you @maggiemae8135 and @Suceress! perhaps it could include a knight career and it being similar to Batuu would be super cool!
    Yes, I play big families in the sims. please add crawling babies and pre-teens, My mom played sims 1 and 2 now I play 4, its just family tradition at this point
    thank you @maggiemae8135 and @Suceress! perhaps it could include a knight career and it being similar to Batuu would be super cool!
    That would be awesome! I could see them starting out as squires, then regular soldiers, working their way up to knights and eventually the commanders.
    My computer started having issues before I could really get into the Journey to Batuu content.
    Yes, it would be awesome. I love the idea of starting out as squires, but irl young boys and teenagers were squires. this sound crazy but maybe it could be an after school activity.
    I was thinking it would start out with teens as squires. For adults maybe start out as a new recruit soldier or something. The equivalent of "private" rank.
    Then there would be a need for blacksmiths and leatherworkers to make weapons and armor.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I really love your ideas! We need more crafting hobbies for Sims
    I especially want the pottery wheel, I loved it in Sims 2!
    670px-Hobby_Arts_and_Crafts.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    Speaking of Sims2, I recently found a site where someone still makes CC for it and it is amazing. Sun&Moon has made almost everything on my list and then some.
    In addition to what I had listed she has a hand powered gem polishing/cutting grindstone, a forge set with a bloomery (for smelting metal), mining (complete with rabbithole mining shaft), salt gathering/filtering, hay cutting & stacking, using reeds for basketweaving, gathering sand, gathering clay, etc. It's absolutely amazing and makes me wish I hadn't lost all my Sims2 cds.
    The tumblr for her CC is https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/sunmoon-starfactory/tagged/s2cc
    The forum that has her mods is http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240
    Some of her stuff includes:
    Butterchurning
    3080a499b3175231e9de883a92b68d4d119de202.pnj

Leatherworking:
    25ae62abd5d2c71cc4ede478089db5fd9dc294f9.pnjdd46587d2934698e011e53c15a0055af5f4199b3.pnj788fb4e8cfc39b75c29b021e81801a671daed1c6.pnj

Blacksmithing:
    f4b2e33070f25fb390c84b63aab96e2e5cfbc58b.pnj
    9782d83d7c9bcf2e804567f91ed911c241f01f6f.pnj
    e8a0610b6c2543ff318f8c34368db40b93db2de1.pnj
    88fc8167f411324e03fc0c6b28198d057be1ac98.pnj01be821901d6fd3997c8084cac93f8093cdd16c7.pnj35d29e845316fabbc00a45a0e267206e112dd9ea.pnj

Sand gathering:
    e3e2d6546d07d9f2bccef463d82dd83c66179510.pnj02633f583f743117bde6a8c0e62452f77ab0af79.pnj

Gemcutting/polishing:
    ec11cea64add18ff6783eca87aec1520a00003e2.pnj9b578fc485dd7fc7bb1c78c0151ea1897ff02b10.pnj

Salt harvesting:
    dfe141d6f1a1287b0e20508114fba3528a42b8ee.pnj97578bab4e57ca25f1187cafceb05e4025551a32.pnj6f4768161aef9572b518cc10361278ff09f34ef4.pnjacf37fbb45fe4d9c0de345254847312aee21e772.pnjf455dd0f0aa721328578c774329c7905ea79e7be.pnj

Candle Making:
    897523862678d1828630ad65e2e8912c822b0a88.pnj7ba3588d0b6d572ca9efdcbec08b8276d92142c3.pnj

Farming (animals- harvesting milk, wool, etc)
    http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=10791
    One thing I like is nesting boxes instead of a chicken coop
    X1gmIA0.pngtumblr_olp49m3cQo1vb15zso1_1280.jpgtumblr_olp49m3cQo1vb15zso8_1280.jpgtumblr_olp49m3cQo1vb15zso5_1280.jpgtumblr_olp49m3cQo1vb15zso6_1280.jpgtumblr_olp49m3cQo1vb15zso9_1280.jpg
    I personally like triple or individual nesting boxes that could be wall mounted or put on a platform with a ramp. This is what we had in our chicken house (it was more like a shed big enough for a person to walk into).

Harvesting honey & wax from a more natural looking tree stump & more medieval hives
    1620d682d2f20c1680c01df6036641781469bf17.pnjd726d98596f2b5c41464a4afb095c7ba150c2d0d.pnj5d34c575db73a4ae17d411791c0d77a5cc7c83bf.pnj1a1c47d69c2007f4b5a8adff89133786e1e907b3.pnj

Mead making
    5a531616d78b9a7f77972331e1df936a281b8622.pnj

Barrel making
    e4ce0585472684cd93c45f26bd092839819cb626.pnj5bc53a4636de40b507792e729494a0617a36bd81.pnj09ba69c764efc04e7572b1ee3bea224e12b95ea1.pnje1365b0b2a8a2af776408362bd78e337e30cf7a5.pnj

Woodworking (I know we have that in the game, but this has better graphics)
    87769df1f28a8d9667578a424e4ed6eb1a39ec9c.pnj88db48842e6b5fb5dba23c3fcc6f32ac0d5f50ec.pnjd37e25eb00c80af3aad043260c49044d46be24d0.pnj

Wood chopping and burning
    tumblr_og32ombcWx1vb15zso8_1280.jpgtumblr_og32ombcWx1vb15zso2_1280.jpg[img][/img]tumblr_og32ombcWx1vb15zso4_1280.jpgtumblr_og32ombcWx1vb15zso6_1280.jpg
    As a note, ash can be used in glassmaking and pottery.

More wood chopping but this is chopping down trees to use for woodworking/chopping
    tumblr_obydjkB7rK1vb15zso1_1280.jpgtumblr_obydjkB7rK1vb15zso3_1280.jpgtumblr_obydjkB7rK1vb15zso5_1280.jpg

Meat/hide & herb preservation
    https://href.li/?http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=10642
    396deeaa0878c62067154192bc7e23d3ba4cfa52.pnj2d641f70fc5af86c26a4e78e43f63ddde78ecbbe.pnj395112fd393a28262a2e7e403da7dbf5f52262b9.pnjfc243f2777ab378f862f4e75f645f71ff89d032c.pnjf0c4a35dfb1911caf991dbee03136c440eaee268.pnjee7e098672e43b658d7a5b5fca4679abd6846d5d.pnj
    tumblr_oay9pkoe4C1vb15zso3_1280.jpgtumblr_oay9pkoe4C1vb15zso5_1280.jpg

Cheese making
    tumblr_pwx7pbJ5in1vb15zso4_r1_640.pnjtumblr_pwx7pbJ5in1vb15zso5_r1_400.pnj

Wool harvesting
    842a45eff47c9d8e4b4c7e92d94d1d15c33254bc.pnj
    Since I love animals I'm going to pretend the carcasses are sleeping sheep.

Mining
    https://href.li/?http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=10336
    e386b19ea9a067e7397f28451e147ee9f5f34a86.pnj986e2e731356904406b5ff892d9f52bb65809e18.pnj43d8fffbe570c651ea6c397bb07e7022b09a7710.pnj10fc631434d1692ff56448fcb14d7ef8f02bf86d.pnj3f887045bb170f8ed3ea0a768dfb63018c8a3125.pnj

Beverage making & bottling
    bd863ade80b963ff171d1f4c9f1bd9253cfc26a8.pnjdec679a408aa3a503f0c2300f927a682fde0b43b.pnj8cde82b1d89666abbea967f7503be312eb19b879.pnj

Digging for clay
    tumblr_px43gtYnui1vb15zso1_640.pnjtumblr_px43gtYnui1vb15zso2_500.pnjtumblr_px43gtYnui1vb15zso3_500.pnjtumblr_px43gtYnui1vb15zso4_640.pnjtumblr_px43gtYnui1vb15zso5_500.pnj

Fertilizer gathering/creation
    tumblr_pd4380qP4D1vb15zso1_640.pnjtumblr_pd4380qP4D1vb15zso2_640.pnjtumblr_pd4380qP4D1vb15zso4_640.pnjtumblr_pd4380qP4D1vb15zso6_640.pnjtumblr_pd4380qP4D1vb15zso5_640.pnj
    I will say that whenever I gathered "barnyard fertilizer" for an elderly friend of mine, I would shovel it in to a sack instead of putting it in any sort of bucket or barrel. It was easier to contain and carry that way.

Hay harvesting
    tumblr_opbz5uxxum1vb15zso1_1280.jpgtumblr_opbz5uxxum1vb15zso6_1280.jpgtumblr_opbz5uxxum1vb15zso7_1280.jpg
    This can tie in to having straw/hay available for animals/farming and maybe have a hay bailing task to make rolls and bales of hay.

Basketweaving
    tumblr_oasxt8mU3r1vb15zso1_1280.jpgtumblr_oasxt8mU3r1vb15zso4_1280.jpgtumblr_oasxt8mU3r1vb15zso3_1280.jpgtumblr_oasxt8mU3r1vb15zso6_1280.jpgtumblr_oasxt8mU3r1vb15zso10_1280.jpg
    WOW that is a lot! are they mostly gameplay, and is there a version for ts4
    WOW that is a lot! are they mostly gameplay, and is there a version for ts4

Sadly, it only seems to be for Sims2. If I could find it for Sims4 I would go hog wild (especially since some of the mods include piggies).
    I hope EA devs take a serious look at this and make their own version. I don't know if sun&moon allows conversions to TS4. I remember one creator made stuff for TS3 and TS2 but did not allow her stuff to be used for TS4 for some reason. Not sure why.
    Thanks @Suceress, I never played sims 1, 2, 3. sims 4 is my first, I hope EA does include this even only part, I just like the "living off the land" style.

From more investigating, it looks like Sunni, whom I believe was one of the creators, passed away in 2018. I'm still trying to get a sense of the community over there to find out if converting to Sims4 would be allowed.

I do love the "living off the land" style as you put it. I'm thinking that if it is possible for Sims2 it should be possible for Sims 4 but will take a lot of work.

But then after some modders made cow and chicken packs EA made cow and chicken packs so one can hope. I'm still wanting some sort of clam & oyster digging to harvest pearls. It can be like the digging in sand from Island Living but maybe also like catching frogs (which, I haven't actually messed with much). I spend more time building than playing through.

I'm hoping if I can learn how to use Blender I can contribute something but my brain does not want to focus. Big difference from modding in my 20s to modding in my late 40s. LOL. I can't even remember why I walked into a room now.

I just installed the latest patch and am about to put my mods folder back in.
    edited April 2022
    thanks! there might be some good blender tutorials online. if you interested.
    edited April 2022
    I've watched some of them but I have a hard time following as my brain doesn't want to retain things anymore. I went through some medical issues that turned my memory to crap.

Still hoping that this stuff will be made available by EA at some point-- at least some of it.

One thing I like about Sun&Moon's mining mod, for instance, is that you can have a rabbithole or you can build a mineshaft or mountain side with mine-able walls. So, sort of have a quarry.

I would expand the mining to get different sorts of rocks/minerals. Like limestone, slate, etc. Some rocks could be used for building walls/structures, some could be ground up to make wall coatings/concrete, etc.

I'd love to have brick making as an option using sand, clay, & ricewater (IIRC, ricewater was used in mortar on the Great Wall of China). and there is evidence of ancient cement that could solidify underwater.

I know this is more in terms of gathering instead of crafting, but collecting maple sap and rubber sap would be nice.
    Post edited by Suceress on
  • chocolatefrostingchocolatefrosting Posts: 67 Member
    There's a lot of really cool ideas in the Sims medieval that would be awesome in the regular game. Blacksmithing being one of them. I wish they'd expand on the Sims medieval in general, maybe remake it. Or even add a medevial-ish world to the Sims 4 like they did in Sims 3 with Dragon alley. Pottery would definitely be something I think a lot of people would be interested in including me. They could explain on the artist career and add pottery maker as a branch.
    Yeah, I could see a separate medieval world as an option. Maybe new neighborhoods that are accessible like the current ones but act somewhat like Batuu in that it has the npcs wear appropriate attire. It would be entirely off-grid and no cell phones. They could send messenger pigeons with letters instead.