Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hippy Wellness World

I have a sim who is very into wellness. I'm trying to decide which world to move her to, that has a hippy vibe.
Originally I planned to move to Oasis Springs, as I have an eco tiny home community next to an eco community venue. But it just doesnt feel right.
I want her to be able to turn her home into a retreat, with outdoor areas for meditation.
Which worlds do you think work best for wellness retreats?

Comments

• BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    edited April 2022
    Perhaps Sulani.

My Sulani looks like this:
    2022-015.png

At least two beach lots are available, and Admiral's Wreckage might be useful, too.

Edit later to those who might wonder: I replaced the Admiral's Wreckage with the LGBT Pride Party Village from the gallery. It was made by sarangjay.
    15.04.2022_17.22.34.png

Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    None of the worlds have a hippy vibe by default so it all depends on how you decorate the lot. I put a massage parlour in Magnolia Promenade and decorated it with a hippy tibetan vibe, too bad the massage therapists come dressed in those clinical looking uniforms. 🤣
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I'd likely choose Sulani or Glimmerbrook. My Glimmerbrook isn't for spellcasters I find that world to be the most chill for a four season world
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Perhaps Sulani.

My Sulani looks like this:
    2022-015.png

At least two beach lots are available, and Admiral's Wreckage might be useful, too.

Thank you - I think I might do this :smiley:
    I like the idea of turning the Admiral Wreckage into a spa. I really wish we could have combined spa and residential!
    Your Admiral Wreckage Community Space looks interesting!
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    I'd likely choose Sulani or Glimmerbrook. My Glimmerbrook isn't for spellcasters I find that world to be the most chill for a four season world

I hadnt thought about Glimmerbrook, but it would make a nice retreat.
    I think I'll go for Sulani, and make a tropical spa.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited April 2022
    In my longest running save, the admirals wreck was converted into a swimming pool.
    the sapphire shores has a big house on it, sand simoleon beach was turned it into a nightclub and i got rid of that dock on the other beach, it was in the way and i never really liked it because it covered half the water way. i got rid of the bar nearby that beach with the dock and turned it into a house just a maximize what i could.

i'm actually thinking of converting glimmerbrook into a place where my criminal sims would choose to live and hang out in. but right now my options are very low to consider it, i really need more worlds. it would be helpful if EA did another newcrest and brought another empty world with another 20-30 lots to play around with.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I have spas in Oasis Springs, Sulani, Evergreen Harbor, Mt. Komorebi, Tartosa and Granite Falls in my game. I don't know that I feel any world has a "hippie vibe" but I like to have options when it comes to a wellness retreat. The spas I have in Granite Falls and Sulani also have what are essentially "hotel suites" in the upper floor, so that my sims can live at them for a few days if I want them to.
    You don't need a lot to assigned residential to have your sims spend an extended time there, you just need it to have facilities to meet all of their needs, including sleep, and a mail box. Sure, they need a 'home lot' but you can easily have them never need to go to it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    An eco tiny home retreat sounds so nice. I think Sulani beach would be perfect for that, but maybe the cottage living world too, it is very green and pretty and I could see a self sustaining tiny house community there with a little community farm/garden and outdoor retreat area for yoga/meditation
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I turned the Admiral's Wreckage lot into an eco-commune, which is probably similar to the vibe you're going for. I put bathrooms, a kitchen, and storage downstairs in the wreck, then above ground I have two big tropical huts for sleeping, a yoga and meditation area, gardens, fruit trees, clothing lines, an outdoor dining pavilion, the cooking pit, and various items from Eco Living.

My "family" that lives there is... complicated, and full of drama.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I turned the Admiral's Wreckage lot into an eco-commune, which is probably similar to the vibe you're going for. I put bathrooms, a kitchen, and storage downstairs in the wreck, then above ground I have two big tropical huts for sleeping, a yoga and meditation area, gardens, fruit trees, clothing lines, an outdoor dining pavilion, the cooking pit, and various items from Eco Living.

ETA: It's really kind of the perfect lot for that. They fish and swim and play in the waterfall, and do yoga on the beach. I love it, although with 8 people in the household, including a child and a toddler, it can be a lot to manage. Luckily they are not particularly ambitious. :D
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    The Crumbling Isle in Windenburg, maan.

Got some really groovy vibes. You dig it?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Love this! Such a great idea!!
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member

I did something similar to Key Point with huts on stilts out into the water and joint bathroom and kitchen. My Admiral's Wreckage is a wedding lot, but the people of Key Point uses it for all sorts of things too.

As for a wellness retrieve I think Willow Creek could work fairly well for that, as would one of the more remote houses in Windenburg - or as suggested Sulani.

I personally have full on spas in Oasis Springs and in Selvadorada, but have added spa equipment to the gym in Windenburg, the Onsen bathhouse in Mt Komorebi and to one of the beaches in Sulani as well.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    JAL wrote: »

I did something similar to Key Point with huts on stilts out into the water and joint bathroom and kitchen. My Admiral's Wreckage is a wedding lot, but the people of Key Point uses it for all sorts of things too.

Sounds like we did sort of the same thing but in reverse; I used Key Point for my wedding lot. Well, technically I built it before we had wedding lots, so I really need to go back and edit the lot type now; it's either a park or a rental right now, I can't remember. But it's set up as a wedding venue. In either case, it's a nice house with an outdoor wedding area. I've only used it once, but it was a nice place for Sims to get married and then honeymoon. Those sims were having a small private wedding, though, so I haven't tested it for trying to invite guests.

I wouldn't necessarily say that I play in Sulani the most (although it's probably top 5), but it's definitely one of my most creative neighborhoods. I also used the big empty beach (Sapphire Shores?) to build an artist's retreat. It's technically an art gallery, but it's essentially a resort, with Tahitian style huts extending far out into the water on stilts; most are bedrooms, but one is a spa room with massage tables. Then there's also a a building on the beach that has a retail area that will eventually include local art as well as seashells (and now, messages in a bottle). There's also an outdoor yoga area, beach loungers, and easels scattered around everywhere on the beach. No one owns it currently, but I have a couple in mind who are going to buy it when they have saved enough from selling their own art. In the meantime, my rich and/or creative sims tend to come here for mini-vacations; I have them donate to a charity, usually art-related, in lieu of paying for a rental.

Then I turned the volcano lot into... a museum, I think? Or possibly a park? But I called it a scientific research center, or something like that. All of my sims who end up with fossils, frogs, gemstones, etc. that they don't want donate them to this lot. There's a small bedroom, and then the rest of the space is devoted to computer equipment, collections, and local plants. My science and eco-minded sims come here for a few days at a time to do research, explore the area, and do cleanup.
  • JALJAL Posts: 999 Member
    @Amapola76 That sounds so cool, especially the research centre. I have too many sims living in Sulani now, I couldn't possibly spare the residential lot, but I'll keep that in mind for the future. Possibly I could make it residential but have a scientist live there...? Food for thought.

I personally love Sulani, there is so much going on and it has this really relaxed vibe. I love that neighbors will pop over with left over food, and the potluck and bbq nights mean that my sims cook very little to be honest. They mostly eat with the community, and Johnny Zest has started bringing his microphone and does a stand up routine at the same time.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2022
    Worlds that are too bright give me a headache. So Sulani is completely out of the question.

StrangerVille and Forgotten Hollow always put me in a happy mood.
    JAL wrote: »
    @Amapola76 That sounds so cool, especially the research centre. I have too many sims living in Sulani now, I couldn't possibly spare the residential lot, but I'll keep that in mind for the future. Possibly I could make it residential but have a scientist live there...? Food for thought.

You definitely could! I could imagine making it a residential lot where your head canon is that the scientist or ecologist sim who lives there is "stationed" there instead owning it. The main difference would be that other sims might not be able to offload their collections there, or visit there for longer stays (except maybe by popping up a tent nearby).

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited April 2022
    Evergreen's a pretty good place, given how you it encourages freegan living. You could fix up the neighborhoods, and you can choose NAPS to make sims act a certain way.

There aren't too many outdoor areas on their own, but you can easily do something with the community lots, especially if you go with the green options.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017