Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Well, at least your Sims got good news. Erik is constantly told his romance future isn't too bright. Or that he has many moons to wait, or words that suggest, not for you, bub. :open_mouth:

I know, this is the response I almost always get, which was why when I saw such positive news I interpreted it as a sign and ran with it!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GardeningSimmerGardeningSimmer Posts: 41 Member
    edited April 2022
    A lot has happened in my game lately!
    First I will introduce my sim,
    Name: Brielle O'Leary
    Dog: Nougat

X6FGEJr.png
    sbd8wwV.png

This is how our holiday has been going:
    ld1WAgH.png
    UJkwqzH.png
    4twKAne.png
    Fascinating to say the least - I don't think they will be coming back to do camping again.

lEHTftz.png
    We found someone walking on water?

gyDZhBB.png
    Nothing like a beautiful day out

cIzepoP.png
    Back at the park my character proceeded to steal a pool from children?
    She is a home designer but with her diva attitude I am starting to think she should be an actress? decisions, decisions! It is always so hard to decide where to live, what job to give your sim etc.. I keep wanting her to live on the farm.. but no I want her to live in an apartment at the same time.. but maybe University would be best? I will never get out of these decisions

• spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I had responses ready to go for everybody and I seem to have lost them, lol. basically it came down to this
    @GirafHuntr The adopted child incident did indeed happen when I had accidently unmarked my active household as not active while I was fixing other households. I went into live mode in other households to put in beds and furniture and stuff. I noticed I am having trouble moving Sims around and they end up selling all the furniture or taking it with them and leaving the house totally stripped. I am not sure if this is something I am doing wrong or bc I have for the first time ever turned off fill empty houses bc I am actively playing with NS and want to tweak it.
    @Elliandre I really enjoy your updates and I love the way you decorated your sims house, You did a really good job. Also I read your Bob Pancakes story in another thread last night before I went to sleep and it really cracked me up.
    @Metior_Ice I have not had the guts to have Kai blow the shell he found yet, I do not know what it does, I might try it today. I have been waiting on something to happen with that volcano since I started playing on Sulani. I am surprised nothing has happened yet as many hours as I have put into the game so far. Also I noticed to that there is something odd about Makoa. I think he has hidden traits or something. In my game his wife has already died of old age and the kids are grown up but he just now became an elder and does not act much different about it. I took him into CAS once to see if he is an Occult and it did not show anything. I did not check all his personal traits though. I may play that family some day so I might be surprised then.
    As for my own story not much has progressed. Nalu aged up on Harvest Fest Day and We found a new Roommate and interest for Kai, Her name is Marina Marin, She moved to Sulani from a nearby Island bc Sulani is more laid back and Her aspiration is all about beach life and the ocean. We will see how She hits it off with Kai. I am thinking of making a new branch of Family with this group to start a Legacy challenge with. I want to do the MySims Legacy. I have never took on a Challenge like that but it sound fun and it sounds like a great way to create a storyline. I have a few pics to add to the post but not many.
    It turns out that Nalu is an exceptional Toddler and will age up far ahead of normal kids.
    oioZB1d.png
    Harvest Fest came with appeasing the gnomes as usual, Nalu did not do such a great job for the first try at it.
    1cWKnQ7.png
    Trying to plead did not go well as usual
    YJ1IaED.png
    And someone came alive in the night to help defend against those pesky monsters under the bed.
    rnvUUrq.png
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Today I returned to my main save and finished the Mt Komorebi vacation.
    pP9iH2m.png

The family involved is Amelia Andreas and her husband Pierce Delgato, their son Adam Andreas and his girlfriend Yuki Behr, who just moved in. Amelia and Pierce are in the back.
    hJFg4Nn.png

Spoiler because I take a ton of screenshots.
    On the first day I didn't see the bunny slopes and took them straight to the ski lift.
    R6dT6nA.png

They all did a run down the easy slope.
    uIH5NY9.png
    LvNGjRE.png
    HNYlrVQ.png
    Kx9m9LB.png
    dWUX9XA.png
    3wPGoI6.png

This was the only successful ending. I didn't get Pierce falling but he was getting up from his fall when Adam actually ended a run standing up.
    Jht2Uut.png

Yuki and Adam went to the onsen to relax sore muscles. They followed bathing protocols
    83v5No4.png

And then enjoyed the hot springs.
    JAYDKDz.png
    crgYr0H.png
    woI8bCN.png

Then I found the bunny slope and they all went sledding.
    JohGxHF.png
    dRnl5PY.png
    12e1fsy.png
    1wMbjqg.png

The next day they all tried improving their skiing and snowboarding on the bunny slope.
    z4TPAaX.png
    XZD9uze.png
    9yhLhJf.png

Personally I would not have tried a jump at this level.
    DKdNuIT.png

There was not a single successful stop.
    NKcyCmO.png

So they gave up on that and tried hiking.
    PzCNfF4.png
    caUHAM9.png

They stopped by the statues on the way to the natural cove.
    UoTSDgX.png

Hiking at sunset.
    TR5ZEN7.png
    WjJuFM4.png

At the end Amelia and Pierce wanted to celebrate by building a snowpal but they had to cut it short because Yuki really had to go.
    Yd9b7Lt.png
    lO8qy6j.png

The next day they took another hike to a shrine.
    vUkRc4k.png
    n41tjDY.png

And then they attended the snow festival. I thought the snow sculpture version of the playground was a nice touch.
    u3Nq3pm.png
    yzCUzbr.png
    MhfMGoK.png
    pZPC4Y8.png

Then it was New Year's Eve, so they went to the karaoke bar that I had downloaded to replace the bar lot.
    T6nttUS.png
    UAaNpop.png

The shashoobie crowd at the bar was impressive.
    eHH4lpa.png

After midnight they finally got around to some karaoke. Amelia has level 10 singing and wins karaoke contests frequently. Adam and Yuki... do not.
    eK4ECB6.png
    WzHMNt8.png
    nSh0n0d.png

And then on New Year's Day they went home, ready to get back to their jobs and aspirations.
    Happy simming!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited April 2022
    @spend4zen Makoa is physically active because he has the active trait. Just like in real life, a healthy sim lives longer. Lilliana is a chef and probably less healthy.

Edit: For volcanic activity, you need to add the lot challenge.

The "ordinary" conch is related to merfolk.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited April 2022
    Winterfest!, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Dropping his tray on the floor while the cafeteria was at full capacity, the metal pan clattering to the tile floor, reverberated loudly. Over and over and over again. Until it rang off of all four walls. So, that even if a fellow student hadn’t seen him do it, they would certainly know somebody dropped a tray. Erik sighed, expecting others to capture his moment of clumsiness on a cell phone and from there onto a Simstagram account. Or many. He would never hear the end of it. Immortalized. Once on the ‘Net, forever on the ‘Net. Glancing over the room, buzzing with conversation, he found his family and sat at the table to eat what was left of his lunch. Most was in a gooey lump on the floor.
    “Hey, nice to see someone else in the family mishandling his lunch tray. For once it wasn’t me,” Joey cast a silly grin at his older brother.
    “Just thought I’d take the heat off you. Give you a break. An early Winterfest gift, if you will.”
    Erik stabbed at the garlic noodle that seemed content to evade the tines of his fork. Hungry, he grabbed the roll he kept from bouncing off of the tray and picked a bite-sized piece from it to pop into his mouth. That, too, missed and fell to the floor at his feet.
    “Forgot where your mouth is located?” Aaron snickered.
    “It’s just been that kind of day.”
    “Ah, cheer up, it can only get worse.”
    “Yeah, thanks for that.”
    “Any time. I mean, seriously. Any time at all.”
    I knew I could count on you, Bro."
    Erik got up and dumped his tray into the bin.

Tuesday blossomed, a ray of sunlight streaming through the top of the window. Erik sprang out of bed, all but sliding down the vertical ladder from his top bunk. No school for the next two days! He heard his father calling from downstairs. Joseph always was an early riser. The holidays were no different. Besides, this was Winterfest Eve. Lots to do before Midnight Services to bring in Winterfest. “Hey, come on, Dad’s calling. Time to get this day rolling,” Erik said. He grabbed Aaron’s foot as it peeped below the covers and gave it a slight tug. Then he grabbed the covers and pulled them off of Joey who occupied the bottom bunk to Erik’s perch.
    Despite his efforts, Aaron beat Erik down the stairs. Erik made the choice to dress, while Aaron had slept in his gym clothes. “What, they were washed on Saturday,” he flashed Erik a warning look.
    tsjehdT.jpg

“So, what’s our theme, this year? Will this ornament suit it?”
    UjAPyGh.jpg

Before the three got very far, the rest of the family, some still rubbing their eyes, joined in.
    5YhCEu4.jpg

The Cantrell family had their decorating down to an ‘art’. They worked well together, which still had their parents’ scratching their heads. For once squabbling was limited, if not lacking altogether.
    0p9d6Q5.jpg

Putting on the final touches, Erik suggested Joey give the tree the once-over, just in case in their zeal they’d missed something.
    “I think we’re done!” Joey said.
    89N5UG9.jpg
    vyLhdGK.jpg?1

After the outside decorations were up, the family rested until it was time to head off to the church. They returned just after two AM. Most of them too wound up to even consider sleeping. So, a pot of coffee was made and Joseph stoked the fire to remove any chill from the room. Then they commenced to open their gifts.
    Of course, upon their return, they weren't alone. Erik was quick to pose for the Paparazzi.
    N0lI5v1.jpg
    The family all went inside after that.

“Looks as if we’re all here. Okay, Adrian, you get the pleasure of opening a gift first, since you’re the youngest,” Joseph said.
    YGD4hNv.jpg

“Just make sure it’s one with your name on it,” Joey said. “Remember last year? You opened a gift meant for Brianna.”
    YGD4hNv.jpg
    "Don't remind me."

“This one has my name on it.”
    tjVmcjV.jpg

“Wow, it glows. Oh, I don’t believe it, how did that fit inside?”
    qETN0Ps.jpg

“It’s my own violin! I love it, how did you know it’s just what I wanted?” With that he put the end of the instrument under his chin and began to drag the bow across the strings.
    pla13m2.jpg

“Now, I know the bow utilizes cat gut. I can hear the cats screeching. Here, let me help you a bit,” Erik said. “Easy there, easy there. Treat her like the lady she is. Draw the bow gently over the strings. Gently!”
    9iSinE8.jpg

“There, now you’ve got it! That’s right, you’re doing great.”
    9VVIXkV.jpg

Each, in their turn, they selected and opened a gift. Youngest to eldest. This way everyone could see what the other got and the process wasn’t over in an instant. Drawn out so everyone could enjoy. Hopefully, too, by the time the gift-giving was over, the Grand Meal would be ready.
    Brianna.
    3IFpc4v.jpg
    nVx8MoD.jpg

Joey.
    zCuMVJ3.jpg
    FTLidJg.jpg

Erik.
    nLikVjw.jpg
    2ggNS1g.jpg

Aaron.
    z2vw7Aw.jpg
    DRUiy6g.jpg

Louise.
    eC7ZWOL.jpg

And lastly, Joseph.
    w8JeaWP.jpg

The day slowly gave way to early evening. Since Father Winter was known to make his appearance around eight PM, Erik and Brianna decided to provide some entertainment.
    gPBAPoE.jpg
    caRieGm.jpg
    uz7PmH2.jpg

Suddenly, the family wasn’t alone. Father Winter had arrived. Adrian still wondered just how it was he could appear out of nothingness. “Oh, I get it, you use a transporter beam, don’t you. But, wait, I didn’t see any light. That blows that theory. My name is Adrian, may I please have a present?”
    ceBfN3x.jpg

“Hi, I’m Erik. Erik Cantrell, welcome to our house, Father Winter.”
    K5qbgSO.jpg

“If you would be so kind, I would ask you for a present.”
    “Here you go, son.”
    “Outstanding, thank you.”
    o0oU7LT.jpg

All for now! Thanks for reading!

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited April 2022
    Say hello to Remy Maison, he is the founder of the new Legacy Family that will be living at Admirals Cove in Sulani. He spent almost the entire 50k that his Great Great Uncles Cousin twice removed left him to reestablish the Family line to purchase the old ship and install all the basics to start a new line of the Maison family that has nearly died out. He is part of the MySims Legacy quest the Maker has decided to start. Remy is living the part of Chef Gino.
    8PWAJVA.png
    He is a foodie that is pursing the dream of Celebrity Chef and to learn every recipe available, he even invested in a chef station for his home.
    PkRhubD.png
    He also has been hitting the city fairs and festivals to start collecting all the recipes all the world.
    Look who was working at the flea market.
    GBdnCGx.png
    Some other things to know about Remy is that he is Clumsy, a Foodie, and Gloomy and he has a problem with Morning Depression.
    OK9gTZL.png
    Remy is currently looking for a Girlfriend and a Soulmate to start the new family line and the most important heir to inherit the challenge of MySims. Remy still has a long way to go in this lifetime to do all the things set before him, including finding the rest of the 800 dollars to pay the bills by tomorrow... Au Revoir for now
    Great storyline, great beginning. I would be gloomy, too, if I had to face a morning knowing I had to come up with §800.00 Yikes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    Love or Luck?, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

“Okay, Erik, let me ask you this? Do you like her?” The two were seated on Brianna’s bed doing their homework together. Brianna knew Erik was troubled and since the sensation was distracting her from her own work, she turned her attention to him.
    “Yeah, I do, but I know she’s not the one. What I mean to say, is she’s close, but she just isn’t quite the One. Am I making any sense?”
    ‘Me thinks thou dost protest too much.’ Brianna shook her head.
    “No, not really. Nor did you answer my question. Do you like her?” Brianna sighed.
    “I just said I like her.”
    “Then ask her out. How can you possibly know she’s not the one if you haven’t taken her out on a date to get to know her?”
    “Beyond the fact that I just know what I know. It’s not that easy, Bree. The press will get involved and they’ll have us engaged and practically married. You know how they are. I don’t want to hurt her.”
    qBagXjn.jpg

VTOz58a.jpg

6MpDpC4.jpg

“If you say so,” Brianna shrugged. “Seems to me you’re just scared.”
    “So much for talking to you about it. I have a photoshoot, see ya,”
    “But what about your home …work.” That fast and Erik was gone.

After the photoshoot and the concert that followed, Erik decided, since it was still early enough in the evening to stop by the Golden household. Brianna’s words stuck in his head. As it appeared to Erik, they must have just come home for someplace. Hayleigh was out front with two of her sisters. Her parents went inside.
    “Hayleigh,” Erik greeted as he climbed out of the hovercraft. “I like the look, but I’m confused. Yesterday your hair was considerably shorter. Did you have those extender thingies put on? Looks nice.”
    “I’m not Hayleigh! Why must everybody on the planet call me that?”
    YJJWKMt.jpg

Erik took half a step back, his hands open palms held up in the air. The one thing living with two females in his household had taught him is they were often unpredictable. He almost felt as if he’d stepped on a landmine.
    “I’m really sorry,” he said.
    “No, I’m the one who’s sorry. I didn’t mean to blow up at you like that.”
    “Maybe we should start over?” Erik said. She nodded . “Hi, my name is Erik and I can’t get over how much you look like my friend, Hayleigh. Oh, wait, I get it, you’re identical twins! That’s what it is. You’re constantly fighting for your own identity. That must be rough.” Then he heard distinct giggling coming from behind him. Mercedes who was just thirteen was doing the twittering.

“Okay, so what’s so funny?” he asked.
    “They’re identical triplets, that’s what.”
    Erik turned back to not Hayleigh. “Wait, there’s three of you?” His eyes got big.
    Close but not quite the One. I get it.
    “And what might your name be?”
    “Kayleigh, with a ‘K’, not Hayleigh with a ‘H’, goes “Kah, not Hah.”
    “That’s cute I like it. And this may sound forward, but I feel as if I’ve known you for a lifetime. Tell me I’m not mad.”
    “Only if I’m mad, too. There is something so very familiar about you.”
    “Ah, well no, d’uh,” Mercedes said, pulling a face. “He's merely a winner of a Best Song Accolade as of last week. Seriously, Kayleigh where have you been hiding, on the moon?”
    “Seriously, do you mind if I hug you? I feel as if I’ve just come home.”
    PhejTRy.jpg

Erik and Kayleigh stayed out front for quite some time, talking easily, as if they had been friends for a very long time. Every now and again, Erik saw the curtains on the window overlooking the porch move. “They’re watching us. Dad is a Captain in the Army.”
    “Your last name is Golden. I know a Drake Golden …”
    “You know my Dad? How did that happen?”
    “He wanted my autograph and we just started talking. Say, listen, it’s getting late and I should go. School tomorrow. Do you mind if I kiss you goodnight?”
    “I'd like that very much.”
    “Oh, look what I have in my pocket. I wondered where that went. I was supposed to hang it up in the house.”
    “Nice,” Kayleigh smiled. “My Dad won’t see through the ruse.” And then she laughed. A sweet, musical laugh that filled Erik with warmth. He dangled the Mistletoe and then leaned in.
    ogptMhE.jpg
    4LgBVjr.jpg

“Do you mind if I capture this moment? I promise, it will just be for us.”
    “Oh, I’m not worried.”
    6zqtpXu.jpg

They exchanged numbers and Erik made a point to text Kayleigh every morning. “Good morning. I hope you slept well.” He would often say. Then he waited until she had a moment to text him back. “Slept well, how about you?”
    Sometimes they planned to sit in the cafeteria together for lunch. Other times, she had Study Hall, which concerned him. When he expressed this to her, she simply smiled. “I generally sit in Hayleigh’s place. Maddening as that is. The teacher refuses to notice I wear my hair differently and it’s long.”
    “Hence the nobody on this planet remark.”
    “The upside of it is, I get my homework done. Yeah, I’m sorry to lay this all on you. ”
    “No, it’s a good thing. I’m honored you trust me with this personal aspect of your life. No, really. Oh, and before I forget, do your parents allow you to watch the Starlight Awards Show?”
    “Yes,” she said, “why do you want to know?”
    “As if you don’t have a clue. Tell me, is it nice on the moon?”
    “Yeah, in a house with five girls, it’s loud and obnoxious. I never know who’s going to have a meltdown or when.”
    “Well, I just wanted to remind you about Sunday. Please tune in, if you get the chance. I may not win, but I would be happy if you were watching when I do win.”

Sunday arrived. Erik was happy to see the Golden family file into the nave of St. James Church. She smiled shyly and he grinned back at her. After services both families followed the majority of the parish into their Hospitality Room for Coffee Hour. They had a potluck meal and of course, coffee. Erik and Kayleigh talked together, while he noticed that Hayleigh was silently fuming. The one thing he hoped not to do, he’d done. “’scuse me for a moment,” he said, walking over to Hayleigh.
    “Oh, so you’ve decided you’re going to talk to me, eh? Don’t bother.”
    “Hayleigh, we were never anything more than friends. You know this to be true. I know you do. Please, don’t fault me. You and I are just too different. We would have made a lousy couple. Our Egos constantly clashing. What a headache we’d be to each other.”
    “Yeah,” she smiled, poking him in the belly. “But, you’re quite the catch, even so. Arm-candy.”
    Erik headed down to the PBP Studios come six o’clock. The usual talent was there. Why must you constantly play a strange form of ‘Musical Chairs’? Taking a seat, he watched with interest as the awards were handed out. As the evening wore on, he began to think tonight wasn’t his night. Deep into his own thoughts, he barely heard the announcement. “ …for “Wise Man Says, Erik Cantrell!”
    Jv9c5Ja.jpg

“Don’t mind me, this is just my deer-in-the-headlights look. I want to thank all those who’ve helped me reach this moment in my life. For Taygeta Studios for unleashing me to create the music my way. For Orion Entertainment, Limited for promoting my CDs with a sometimes whirlwind of concerts. But mostly for my Fans who share their love, their enthusiasm and their unending devotion to this Sim.
    GsqrytH.jpg
    7Jl1Do4.jpg

“You mean the World to me,”
    9uzQpbC.jpg

“I simply can’t do this without any of you. Thank you.”
    jRrQSHQ.jpg

“Kayleigh, this is for you! Good night everybody,”
    Oamd2Ip.jpg

All for now! Thanks for reading. :)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @telemwill @NightlyCoffee @GalacticGal @DaniRose2143 @mightysprite thank you so much for your comments on my last post.

@sarabeth2984 thanks for the lovely message. I miss posting here but my body is taking so long to recover, I seem to work and sleep. itis easter holidays now so when my guests leave I may have some time to post. fingers crossed.
    @Becka28 Take care of your health.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @spend4zen What mod gives your Sim morning depression? That sounds interesting! Or is that just something you play out for yourself?
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    Soooo I had an awesome update ready for y’all!!!
    I had a bunch of responses too.
    Then I accidentally deleted the word doc.
    Sigh.
    So here’s a much shorter version because I rage quit on retyping it lol. I’ll leave comments later! But I added lots of likes and awesome in the meantime!!!

Background
    I gave my main legacy save a break for awhile and returned back to my house renovation challenge save, with Lan Fen and her new boyfriend Myron Morecombe!!
    Short backstory on Lan, she’s the CAS daughter of Professor Jing Fen of Britechester and used to live in San Myshuno in a dinky apartment. Professor Fen bought a big creepy house in Forgotten Hollow. Then he kicked the bucket. Lan inherited the mess but no funds.
    She was working as a journalist but took a job as a freelance writer. She’s been working and renovating/redecorating her house one room at a time. lJUGp8q.png
    She’s made friends with all her neighbors (the Vatores and is even besties with Vlad Straud up the street), and picked up a mysterious boyfriend along the way. Myron! Myron is a spellcaster and used to work as a covert operator for the government, he was soon transferred to the Paranormal Department and works as a paranormal investigator because of his magical background.
    Its been a fun playthrough so far! They’ve had to deal with fires, broken sinks, and appliances, rats, bugs, and creepy nosy neighbors. But so far they’ve managed to redo the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and office. I’ve decided to focus on the living room this time W24ZbbB.png

Haunted
    Did I mention the house is haunted? Because it is lol iYiRnQk.png
    We had a visit from Temperence. Fortunately Myron’s bizarre idol scared her off. lJTayxS.png
    Lan’s deceased father Professor Fen likes to pop out of his urn. He likes to haunt and break stuff. Or mourn at his urn. All night long 4GbfhoY.png
    But fortunately Myron is able to deal with annoying specters 5fdY6qv.png

Work Hard
    Lan was working as a freelance writer, but they kept returning her work and not paying her. Even though she edited all her manuals and the work was of excellent quality/masterpieces. So annoying. She’s actually managed to max her writing skill. So Lan dropped her status as a freelancer and started self publishing her work. She’s making a LOT more money now. 6I6sZrs.png
    Myron is hating his work as a paranormal investigator. 9bpouVR.png
    I’ve actually pulled back from him taking gigs. He has requested a transfer back to his old job. WMIUuku.png
    They’re able to survive comfortably off of Lan’s earnings. But he’s made himself useful around the house. I usually have him fix any broken appliances. 46POIP2.png
    And broken plumbing 9KQ1ZRQ.png
    And he takes odd jobs too.

Play Harder
    Lan and Myron do work hard, but they make time for hobbies too!
    Myron loves woodworking n6IFGM5.png
    But he’s also picked up gardening too. He’s started landscaping the outside of the house. VxpaMqO.png
    Trying something new. I put down some basic decorative landscaping plants around the house. Then turn on MOO cheat and intersperse gardening plants in between and incorporate them into the overall landscaping. It brings a bit of realism to my builds because it forces my sims to actually go out and tend to their plants-weeding/watering/etc. Since I have Seasons, it's fun to watch the yard change with the seasons too! Lan helps out with gardening UlUokLv.png
    Myron’s got quite a vegetable garden too. v5AoobA.png
    Lan is still knitting. She likes to decorate her house and wear her knittables :)GIrEigx.png
    She’s also picked up flower arranging too! 7I8EA5S.png
    Myron’s also started teaching Lan how to do seances. YqgQEY6.png

Dad. And Magical Beginnings
    Myron wanted to introduce her to his father, the talented Sage of Practical Magic, Simeon Silversweater (Simeon actually is Myron’s father from another save-I used MCC to set this Simeon as his dad). So he took her on a bike ride to Glimmerbrook. 0M2yW1B.png
    He took her to the Magic Realm. After showing her around. He introduced her to his dad. ekBeWjI.png
    Simeon really liked Lan. They are both geeks after all. ih4Jg3V.png
    I think Myron might have an ulterior motive…Lan was naturally really curious about magic. So Simeon sent her on a quest. She’d have to collect enough magical dust motes that he could use to spark her transformation. FP7DAlV.png
    Fortunately this was not difficult. SLtw9vc.png
    Simeon cast the spell and turned Lan into a witch! EWcGSIt.png

Meet the Family…and a Fire
    Myron has a good relationship with his father now, but Simeon was not a major part of his life growing up. Myron was raised by his single mother, Joanna Morecombe (she is actually his mom from another save). Joanna is a witch/vampire hybrid. Joanna lives with her 2 much older half brothers, Griffin and Barnaby Morecombe, and her youngest teen son at the OakenStead Manor in Willow Creek. Myron was basically raised by his mom and uncles.
    I renovated Oakenstead vampire style. I love this house now! But I need to playtest it before posting it on the Gallery. Anyway, Myron wanted to introduce his new girlfriend to his mom. I had them travel to Oakenstead, and opened up to Joanna setting herself on fire after she was trying to light the fireplace. oJGGmWa.png
    Lan to the rescue lol WySqNeI.png
    Needless to say, Joanna REALLY likes Lan lol
    They ran into Joanna in the Magic Realm one time. JOfdoLj.png
    She decided to train the two in some potion brewing xmsSbJU.png

Fun Times!
    Myron and Lan do go out on the town occasionally
    They go to the gym a few times a week ekPUyLs.png
    And the library. yJFcnCl.png
    They drive into San Myshuno for the festivals when they can. They checked out the Spice Festival, and even entered the Spice Challenge. FwBhlsk.png
    Myron actually won! He got a free t-shirt and bragging rights 0upEl1n.png
    They enjoy the romance festival too 4u6ctp1.png
    They like to go dancing at the Blue Velvet Bar in Willow Creek. w4ouQfH.png
    I love the twirl and dip interaction with slow dancing! 4Z0ALIX.png
    They also went to the final concert of the Summer Season (I have one of Mercuryfoam’s mods that makes the Summer Sessions available during the spring and summer! -Love it) o3fjzAK.png
    Myron is a HUGE fan of Bebe Rexha s0xRx5D.png

Visitors
    Lan and Myron do get frequent visitors.
    Myron’s Uncle Griffin likes to stop in and visit his favorite nephew xFSqjXQ.png
    His dad stops by occasionally pKjCb4e.png
    Their neighbor Caleb Vatore, dropped by to tell Lan that he just got engaged to Angela Pleasant. Lan had set the 2 up on a blind date awhile ago. 5KFPmUC.png
    Angela Pleasant stopped in. Lan congratulated her on her engagement. And got an invitation to the wedding! 3WPuwLx.png

Renovations!
    Ok. Now time to renovate the living room! They really deserve a new living room. This room looks downright dismal fYb9yyy.png
    Before
    ueP6XeW.png
    yWusxy2.png
    After
    Much better! Still going with the pink and white theme- This is Lan’s house after all:) qkrIaPJ.png
    OSad6wz.pngwKOwBLx.pngXSjV5YA.png
    Her dad did have to pop out of his urn to yell at his daughter though.
    UiSWz6k.png
    That’s all. Till next time!!
    gqNQOL8.png

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,830 Member
    Travis Scott was murdered by Summer Holiday. Cause of death, the epic side-eye of doom! Liberty Lee escaped unharmed.

zDadpjJ.png?1
    gqirV0n.jpg?1
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    @sarabeth2984 It's so disturbing how often you go to visit someone and, as soon as you arrive, you discover they are on fire! what a great shot.
    @DaniRose2143 speaking of great shots... good lord how did you get that one

@mightysprite I'm kind of embarrassed to say because it sounds like bragging, but I have a huge Mac with a 4K Retina display. My game runs at 5120x2880. I uploaded that first picture to Imgur twice, the second time was at the full resolution which allowed me to get that closeup of Summer's death stare.
    Travis Scott was murdered by Summer Holiday. Cause of death, the epic side-eye of doom! Liberty Lee escaped unharmed.

zDadpjJ.png?1
    gqirV0n.jpg?1

Oh, my. Well many of us were wishing for a bit of murder and mayhem. :open_mouth: All I can do is repeat the old adage: Be careful what you wish for. I lost Dirk Dreamer in my game. A bowl of cereal burst into flames. I want to know which brand it was. :/
    edited April 2022

zDadpjJ.png?1
    gqirV0n.jpg?1

Oh, my. Well many of us were wishing for a bit of murder and mayhem. :open_mouth: All I can do is repeat the old adage: Be careful what you wish for. I lost Dirk Dreamer in my game. A bowl of cereal burst into flames. I want to know which brand it was. :/

All parties involved are still alive, but if looks could kill, Mr. Travis Scott would be a ghost. That's what he gets for ignoring Summer earlier. They were on the sidewalk out front, Summer was in a flirty mood and all he was interested in was talking about his big brain and latest ideas. I'm beginning to think he's not as smart as he thinks he is. At the very least his powers of observation need a lot of work. Summer couldn't have been obvious what she wanted.

zDadpjJ.png?1
    gqirV0n.jpg?1

All parties involved are still alive, but if looks could kill, Mr. Travis Scott would be a ghost. That's what he gets for ignoring Summer earlier. They were on the sidewalk out front, Summer was in a flirty mood and all he was interested in was talking about his big brain and latest ideas. I'm beginning to think he's not as smart as he thinks he is. At the very least his powers of observation need a lot of work. Summer couldn't have been obvious what she wanted.

Well, you do realize the male Peacocks get all of the color. So they strut around, hoping to get the female's attentions. Sounds as if Travis is of the same mind. Trying to impress Summer with his brain power. Some choose to show off their muscles. LOL Or, he's just blinded. Is his heart taken by another, perchance? Silly Sims.
    @GalacticGal Travis is still fair game for any lady who wants him. He's really kind of hot in this save. I gave him a quick makeover and with just a different hairstyle he is looking gooood. When I get home from work I'll have to post some pics. That shot doesn't show him off like it does the ladies. Maybe that's the problem? I made him too good looking and it's gone to his head.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Happened in my game right now.

hYO2dJw.jpg[img][/img]
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    edited April 2022
    Too Many Hearts, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Erik Cantrell sat doing his homework — or trying to, anyway. Today, he was distracted. This time it wasn’t strictly the third nomination for Best Song that was on his mind, or the release of three more albums and the string of concerts to follow that troubled him. Or even the endless interviews and requests for his image to grace the covers of Sim Teen Beat, or Hit Beat, Sim Life, and most recently, Sim Times. What he never wished to do, he had done. Unintentionally by any means, he was leaving a string of broken hearts as he went along.
    Erik’s first awareness was the night his father nearly died in a dryer fire. His dad was simply trying to help out around the house. Erik’s mom had quite forgotten the last load she had washed. She also tended to forget to remove the lint from the dryer trap. Joseph, apparently, forgot too, that night. And while they managed to put him out, the family was frightened half out of their minds.
    zzyx8jM.jpg

They all began to run outside. That’s when Erik encountered her. “Erik, Erik, over here! I love you so much! I’m your biggest fan!”
    FuFxBMP.jpg

When Joseph came outside, Erik turned his attention to him. “I thought we had lost you,” Erik sobbed, holding his charred father tight.
    0M9Z9WD.jpg

Adrian, standing alone, quietly crying, seemed very much like a lost little sheep. “Hey, Adri, it’s okay. Dad’s going to be all right. Come here, Buddy. I’ve got your back. No matter what, I’m here.”
    zTcWK9O.jpg
    “For real?”
    “I will always be here for you, Bud.”
    ORZnUf2.jpg

Several days later when Erik returned home from a concert, his Stan, Darling Walsh, was there to greet him. This time he noticed she was wearing a Dog tag just like the one he wore. Why didn’t he notice it before?
    “Darling,” he said, wishing her first name didn’t sound like an endearment, “when did you start wearing that tag?”
    “Oh, this?” She held it up. “When you asked me to, of course. We’re going steady, you know. That’s what I’ve been telling everybody, and now I have this to prove it. It would help, if you would stop wearing yours, though. Besides, at the last concert you dedicated the song, For Your Love, to someone special, and. as you said, she would know who she is. You meant me. I know you did.”
    UNzq6he.jpg

“But, Darling, we’re not going steady. We’re not even dating. I’ve never taken you out, why would you say we were? I hate to tell you this but you and me? We’re simply not. I really don’t even know anything about you. I can’t even decide if you’re a girl or a guy.” Oddly enough, that’s when Darling began to sob. Erik unable to stand it, wrapped his arms around the Sim to lend comfort. Brianna, his only sister, stood there as Witness to his words. “We are not an Item. Never, Nadda, Nope. I don't mean to sound cruel, but we just aren’t. Please remove the tag and stop spreading rumors about the Us, that isn’t.”
    “B-but, I love you,” she whispered.
    “I’m so sorry.”
    k0TZ8ew.jpg

Come Sunday night, he discovered yet another Sim was carrying a torch for him. Erik was beyond himself. He thought he and she had already had this talk. Yet, there she was waiting for him as he arrived at the PBP Studios. “Hayleigh? I’m surprised to see you here.”
    “Why? You know how I feel about you, Erik. I will always love you. You can send me away, insult me, tell the world you love my sister, but it won’t work. I see through your disguise. You're just trying to keep us a secret. I get it. Too much Press."
    gn0Fbwo.jpg

“We’ve had this talk before. We’re friends, only. Please get that through your pretty head. There is no Us here I'm in love with your sister.” The look she gave him, cut Erik to the quick. “I’m really sorry,” he said. “I know you met me first, but something was missing. The spark just wasn’t there. Didn’t you find it surprising I never asked you out on a date?”
    “All I know is you’re a monster. I’m going to warn my sister about you. She shouldn’t get entangled with such a Sim. You’ll just end up breaking her heart, too.”
    U1LiUj3.jpg

Erik drew in a slow breath. This wasn’t what he wanted in his mind during the Award Show. What enthusiasm he had for the evening just got swallowed up in Hayleigh’s dismay. Another heart broken. He was creating quite a stockpile of broken relationships. Is this what Father James was warning me about when he said to walk carefully?

Getting inside the Studio, Erik found an empty seat. He was lucky the others were playing that weird seat-shuffle. He began to think this curious ritual was rooted in superstition, of which Erik took no part. When he got up to change seats, it was only to stretch his legs, get some feeling back in his rear-end. No matter where he sat, he would either win or not. He sat there watching in amusement.

The Host came to the microphone. To his surprise it was Ambassador Sarek of the House of Talek Sen Dene. Since Erik’s sister had already been informed about the pending Betrothal between Sarek’s half-human son, Spock, and herself, Erik knew this man would become part of his very large family. Placid in his demeanor, the Vulcan comported himself with great dignity, not allowing the emotional response to the win affect him — at least not outwardly. He coolly introduced the category and the Nominees, by name. Then called out the name of the Winner.

"The Best Song, winner is … Erik Cantrell for,The Battle of the Bouquet, music and lyrics by Erik Cantrell, congratulations.” To this the Vulcan politely clapped.
    Erik calmly walked to the microphone, aware Sarek was watching him.
    w4DtxPQ.jpg

Pausing for a moment to gather the churning emotions inside of him, he stood still.
    wPlJFvM.jpg

“To You, oh, Lord.”
    5IShwZg.jpg

“This is an incredible honor. Thank you.”
    fPnp7Uo.jpg

“To my family, my priest, my record label, Taygeta Studios, to Orion Entertainment, Limited for helping to promote my work and to my Fans, I thank you all.”
    fPnp7Uo.jpg

“To those I have inadvertently hurt along the way, please accept my profound apologies.”
    mtr0wMF.jpg

“I beg your Forgiveness for any wrong I committed against anyone. Thank you to the Starlight Academy for this honor. I shall cherish this forever.”
    uS9LJNP.jpg

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    edited April 2022
    @GalacticGal I am glad I caught your latest update, I was starting to think I was posting in the wrong thread bc I had not seen You for a minute, I am waiting patiently to read about the next wedding. @GirafHuntr I don't use mods for now, I am doing the MySims Legacy Challenge that I read about on the forum here. The first character is based on Chef Gino and his traits are Gloomy, Foodie and clumsy. The Gloomy trait causes them to be sad "depressed" when no other emotion is strong enough to bump it. They can also look at Obituaries online, lol. @DaniRose2143 You do have nice looking Sims, someday I might get the nerve up to mess with CC and hit You up for a list of the basics. It has been so long, since Sims 3 .... I barely remember how to install it all.
    @sarabeth2984 That is quite the story you have going, I love doing challenges because they can lead to such involved stories like yours. I am currently working on one also. I might have to do a make over house challenge sometime.
    Now an update on Remy..aka Chef Gino

When We last left Remy he was looking for a girlfriend, he thought for sure he had something going with Summer Holiday so he asked her out on a date but it went no where fast and ended early. There was a lot of nonsense going on and people fist fighting that kept distracting from the date. The next night after work he stopped by the Blue Velvet lounge on the way home and bumped into Jade Rosa, well..they hit it off right away, maybe it is a case of opposites attract. He asked her out on a date right away and by the end of the night they were engaged. Love at first sight is still alive and well. The next day, he took her to the park where she took a nap while he made hot dogs on the grill. Again people around them were fighting and then hugging and fighting again, it was like they all thought it was neighborhood brawl day when it was not. Despite all the distractions by the end of the night Jade Rosa had become Jade Maison and was now living with Remy. They both went to a make over studio to start there new life together.
    whdjGRY.png
    She quickly discovered that living with Remy was not going to be good for Her figure and it would be a long time before She became a Mansion Barron.
    J2zMkN5.png
    There was at least something She could do about her waistline so it was time to hit the Gym
    2kcoBuE.png
    A few weeks later, late at night after Remy had got home from work and did all his work study for the day he realized that he to needed to go to the Gym but really had no time, this brought on a fit gloom as usual.
    y86dMdE.png
    So much was left to do and so little time. He started spending some time during the day before work looking for the My Sims Collectables as Per the Agreement He made with the Maker to find at least Chef Gino to get things started for the Family Legacy Collection. The Goal was finally achieved while paying a visit to Oasis Spring's Park with Jade on Love Day where they both drank the Youth Potion for the once in a Generation chance and Remy snuck in a Insta-Lean while no one was looking.
    1YXdGiB.png
    The Day after Love Day Jade discovered She was eating for two and the next generation would soon be on the way.. would the child be named Candy or DJ? They would have to wait a full three to four days to find out.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Hannah's enjoying hanging out with her new teen friends.

Cassandra Goth showing off at the skating rink.

wMCgjIQ.png

Grabbing a snack at the bowling alley.

mx5Vi5m.png
    @GalacticGal Here are the shots of Travis I mentioned this morning.
    EvwTPIR.png?1
    1rnhlIO.png?1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top