Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weirdness after last update... O.o

I'm on a PS4 so no mods. I've been noticing strange things happening randomly.

I keep free will set to OFF. My married Sims just tried to initiate woohooing in an occupied cow barn. They failed but that was NOT something I've ever seen happen when you leave Sims to talk without your input.

My cat's background indicator color turned blue. I've never seen that before, only green, white and orange. Sad kitty??

My parents are again having to introduce themselves to their own human toddlers after aging them up, and the only way I can get them unstuck enough to do that is to hold O press X and reset each Sim. I thought we were past this. >.<

Dad is a scientist and every day when I go in, I find little piles of ash for no reason. I thought Arjun would clean it up earlier, but he just stomped on it. Mind-controlling Sims to clean does not result in them cleaning up the ash piles. OR the empty beakers from all the serums I've been made to test on co-workers. I have to go into BB to manually delete them.

Alien toddlers still completely lose their lower legs if you don't have their default diaper on. Seriously?

My Mom Sim has now twice inexplicably gone invisible during normal, every day tasks. Not even the plumbob is there to tell me where she is. She eventually pops back in but wow!

LOTS more simulation lag! URGH!

Mom and Dad have completed the Soul Mate aspiration AND the Friend of the World aspiration, so their relationships should never fade (it says so on the tin >.>). For the past 3 Sim days, I've had the opportunity to get a boost moodlet by having them become best friends 3 more x. They became best friends and he literally just went to work and as soon as he returned, they did it again. What is this about?? He got a message that he's 'lost touch' with a co-worker and is no longer best friends with HIM as well.

I have tons of nearly naked NPCs. Now, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a fair few times lately trying to ease the lag by leaving out more and more packs. But if the clothes they're wearing came from a specific pack, THEY should be from that same pack and simply not be there. I can't understand why they don't have backup outfits using just the base game clothing. Seeing an elderly woman in the park wearing only a bra and panties is NOT a fun experience... And I can see this being a problem in the Detective career.

I've also been watching bunnies traipse through the house, which I never expected. Foxes have been doing that the whole time but bunnies have only been doing it in the past couple days.

Toddlers are not being cared for in any capacity by the parent staying home. Every day when I bring Dad back home from work, the toddlers are 'hangry' in addition to needing potty and sleep immediately. Even when I leave the stay-at-home parent working with the toddlers.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. It's time for bed now. I hope the Team is working on these things because a few of them can debilitate the game, while others are frustrating nuicances.

~Tyger <3

Comments

• TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    edited April 2022
    Just ran into a brand-new weirdness I've never seen before... Mom and Dad have twin toddlers, a boy and a girl. They were both playing with a toddler when abruptly, all of them except for the little boy became filthy. Like, just crawled through a raging fire filthy. I sent Mom and Dad for showers and they've been clean ever since, but after 2 baths, the toddler girl still looks like she just crawled out of a fire. 🐸🐸🐸🐸?!?

ETA: I just realized also that after her baths, she was redressed in her PJs instead of her everyday outfit.
    And I just aged them up and she is STILL covered in soot/dirt and looks terrible! She wouldn't stay clean until I aged them up to young adults and had her shower again.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    That is some crazy bugs you are having and being on console is no fun bc it makes work arounds much harder. I use to play on xbox but got so frustrated with it I came back to the PC to play, I had to break down and invest in one that could handle the game but it has been worth it for me bc Sims is about all I play right now. I would hang in there and see if the next patch helps any but wow, that is some big issues. Maybe try moving your family to a new house/lot. I know I have had some wild bugs on one of the lots in Henford and had to move the family. It seemed to help.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    TygerNight wrote: »

I keep free will set to OFF. My married Sims just tried to initiate woohooing in an occupied cow barn. They failed but that was NOT something I've ever seen happen when you leave Sims to talk without your input.

My cat's background indicator color turned blue. I've never seen that before, only green, white and orange. Sad kitty??

My parents are again having to introduce themselves to their own human toddlers after aging them up, and the only way I can get them unstuck enough to do that is to hold O press X and reset each Sim. I thought we were past this. >.<

Dad is a scientist and every day when I go in, I find little piles of ash for no reason. I thought Arjun would clean it up earlier, but he just stomped on it. Mind-controlling Sims to clean does not result in them cleaning up the ash piles. OR the empty beakers from all the serums I've been made to test on co-workers. I have to go into BB to manually delete them.

Alien toddlers still completely lose their lower legs if you don't have their default diaper on. Seriously?

My Mom Sim has now twice inexplicably gone invisible during normal, every day tasks. Not even the plumbob is there to tell me where she is. She eventually pops back in but wow!

Mom and Dad have completed the Soul Mate aspiration AND the Friend of the World aspiration, so their relationships should never fade (it says so on the tin >.>). For the past 3 Sim days, I've had the opportunity to get a boost moodlet by having them become best friends 3 more x. They became best friends and he literally just went to work and as soon as he returned, they did it again. What is this about?? He got a message that he's 'lost touch' with a co-worker and is no longer best friends with HIM as well.

I have tons of nearly naked NPCs. Now, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a fair few times lately trying to ease the lag by leaving out more and more packs. But if the clothes they're wearing came from a specific pack, THEY should be from that same pack and simply not be there. I can't understand why they don't have backup outfits using just the base game clothing. Seeing an elderly woman in the park wearing only a bra and panties is NOT a fun experience... And I can see this being a problem in the Detective career.

I've also been watching bunnies traipse through the house, which I never expected. Foxes have been doing that the whole time but bunnies have only been doing it in the past couple days.

Toddlers are not being cared for in any capacity by the parent staying home. Every day when I bring Dad back home from work, the toddlers are 'hangry' in addition to needing potty and sleep immediately. Even when I leave the stay-at-home parent working with the toddlers.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. It's time for bed now. I hope the Team is working on these things because a few of them can debilitate the game, while others are frustrating nuicances.

~Tyger <3

Did you say you reset Sims on console? Does it work on Xbox, too? (Same button placement?) Does it count as a cheat? Do you have to cheat it? I've always wanted to be able to reset frozen/buggy Sims.
    spend4zen wrote: »
    That is some crazy bugs you are having and being on console is no fun bc it makes work arounds much harder. I use to play on xbox but got so frustrated with it I came back to the PC to play, I had to break down and invest in one that could handle the game but it has been worth it for me bc Sims is about all I play right now. I would hang in there and see if the next patch helps any but wow, that is some big issues. Maybe try moving your family to a new house/lot. I know I have had some wild bugs on one of the lots in Henford and had to move the family. It seemed to help.

I actually am in Henford and have been trying out a different lot than usual because my favorite one is really, really big, with everything under the sun going on there. I really wish I could get a new computer, I'm on a Chromebook and have been for many years now because the space I have is very limited (as is my fixed income) so there's no room for a desk. :( I might give another lot a try though, I'm honestly not sure if I had some of these bugs on the other.

~Tyger <3

Did you say you reset Sims on console? Does it work on Xbox, too? (Same button placement?) Does it count as a cheat? Do you have to cheat it? I've always wanted to be able to reset frozen/buggy Sims.

You don't have to enter the cheat menu to use it, it's just a simple pair of button presses to bring up a new wheel of choices. I'm VERY happy that I found it, it's a huge help when my cat gets stuck wandering beyond the lot boundaries. As soon as I reset him, he beelines to the house to take care of whatever was making him go orange. I'm sorry but I have no idea how you do it on the XBox. :(
    @TygerNight I'm going to try it on Xbox at some point in time and let you know if it works. Because the Xbox equivalent to those buttons is holding B and pressing A. I'm really stoked to try it. But 1 more question before I do; it won't affect Trophies/Achievements on console?
    @Tequila_Rose_13191 Since it doesn't require the cheat menu to be active, it will not affect your trophy achievements.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    edited April 2022
    Sims can autonomously woohoo since the Release of EcoLiving even if you don't have the pack.

Pets could always get sad. Since the neighborhood Stories Updates, more Sims they might have known will autonomously die so it's more noticeable.

Sims can only have one best friend so they will inevitable loose the best friend relbit when they become best Friends with another Sims.

I've experienced the Sims getting invisible bug and the rabbits indoors bug in my game, as well. I also experience more lag since the latest patch.

The pink bra and undies are set as the default clothing choice since launch. Don't ask me why.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member

~Tyger <3

I had one sim household that failed at taking care of their toddlers when I played the sims 4

I've had married couples walking around like they didn't know each other when they was out and treated their kids like strangers if I wasn't playing with them.

When I would return to one of my sims household no matter how high some of their love relationship was I had one sim wouldn't want to kiss his wife and another sim husband who acted like he wasn't married and another sim act like he didn't care if he wife was cheating.

I've had sims go in and out of invisible mode out of the blue because another sims wanted to talk to him and I assumed he didn't so he went into invisible mode and once the sim was gone and came out of invisible mode, I was playing with a different household watching the whole thing.

I've had sims houses I couldn't get into a few times and it was always the same house no matter where I moved them.

I had no clue little kids could die, I had one little boy sim die when I stepped away from my computer, everyone else was fine in the household and there was no fire, I was shocked.

I've had sim doing really strange behavior that sim out of the box

I had one house that sims on a certain lot was like a rabbit hole to the point my sim couldn't get into the house to care for their own toddlers and all relationship between them and their wives and kids was lost.

I had so many issues with the sims 4 I left the game

All this stuff happened without cc's
    new.png
    It didn't work 😞