Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making a ghost?

I hope this is the right sub-forum for this question. Some of the titles are a little ambiguous, regarding content. If not, move it please.

So! I want to add a ghost sim to my household. But, I 'd rather kill anyone or download a premade from the gallery. Is there a way to launch CAS in a way that includes designing and adding a ghost to your household? Does FullEditMode allow this, or maybe a cheat code you have to use first?
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    Dang it, I tried the old age ghost_trait cheat, and somehow he's green. How do I make it so he's white/clear and just chills with no special abilities, such as water puddles for drowning?

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • RoseRyderRoseRyder Posts: 19 Member
    This is slightly off-topic and I apologize but I’m too new to be able to start a new post yet I desperately need some help, I have successfully made a ghost but now I can’t figure out how to place him in a non-residential lot such as a museum, I’ve tried making the museum into a residential lot but then of course you can’t change the lot type once you own it, I’ve tried the retail work around and bought that lot as a retail and then selling it and changing it to a museum but it still shows that he’s living in a vacant lot. I don’t want my ghost to live at the vacant lot I want him to live at the museum, has anyone else dealt with this problem before? I’d like to place him at the museum permanently while still having it be a museum lot type like the von haunt estate, any help would be welcome
  • RoseRyderRoseRyder Posts: 19 Member
    @SailorCeti your ghost is green because he is happy, ghosts change colors depending upon their mood, green for happiness, red for anger, pink for love etc. if you want him to be just plain white then remove all the moodlets with the remove moodlet buff cheat and he will be plain white
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    edited April 2022
    RoseRyder wrote: »
    @SailorCeti your ghost is green because he is happy, ghosts change colors depending upon their mood, green for happiness, red for anger, pink for love etc. if you want him to be just plain white then remove all the moodlets with the remove moodlet buff cheat and he will be plain white

Yeah, thanks! I figured that out later on. However, because I was testing stuff, he had like three different death types attached to him. I had use traits.remove_trait to get rid of all the extra ones.

And I have no clue about placing your ghost. I've never messed with non-household sims. Maybe someone will come along with an answer.

• RySBIRySBI Posts: 328 Member
    RoseRyder wrote: »
    This is slightly off-topic and I apologize but I’m too new to be able to start a new post yet I desperately need some help, I have successfully made a ghost but now I can’t figure out how to place him in a non-residential lot such as a museum, I’ve tried making the museum into a residential lot but then of course you can’t change the lot type once you own it, I’ve tried the retail work around and bought that lot as a retail and then selling it and changing it to a museum but it still shows that he’s living in a vacant lot. I don’t want my ghost to live at the vacant lot I want him to live at the museum, has anyone else dealt with this problem before? I’d like to place him at the museum permanently while still having it be a museum lot type like the von haunt estate, any help would be welcome
    This is such a late reply but you can place their urn on the lot and they will haunt it. Make them unplayed by selecting the heart icon in “manage households” and they will have no fixed address
  • Dr. BorpoDr. Borpo Posts: 26 Member
    To add to RySBI, if you also have MC Command Center, you can flag the ghost to "Never Be Culled" so it won't return to the Netherworld after a certain period of time!