Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims have too much money

mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
I just loaded a household in my rotation and to my surprise they have 212 502 simoleons. My sims generally have something like 10k-50k, so I'm pretty sure I would remember if someone had over 100k. I've been trying to think where the money could have come from and my best bet is the lot somehow glitched so that they got the lot's worth, 136k added to their funds...? Another possibility has to do with the mother who was on the top of the professional athlete career, but recently quit. Could she have gotten a GF work task which gave that much money? Her husband is a freelance programmer and I know the money didn't come from there. Amuse me with theories.

Do I let them keep the money or cheat it away since it doesn't seem legit?

Comments

• mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I found a relatively recent screenshot where they have 24k...
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Maybe they won the lottery when you weren't looking at the notifications? If you really don't want it you can cheat it away or move them on a larger lot and waste money on decorations.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The husband won the money playing sabaac. :)
    edited April 2022
    @RedDestiny92 I thought about the lottery at first, but my sister said they always win 1 million from the lottery?

@crocobaura That would have been extremely skillfull as I don't have Batuu :D

I still haven't decided about the money. I've been trying hard to remember if it could have come from a work pop up, but my memory fails me. I haven't heard about glitches giving money though, so I'm thinking maybe it is legit after all?
    musteni wrote: »
    @RedDestiny92 I thought about the lottery at first, but my sister said they always win 1 million from the lottery?

@crocobaura That would have been extremely skillfull as I don't have Batuu :D

I still haven't decided about the money. I've been trying hard to remember if it could have come from a work pop up, but my memory fails me. I haven't heard about glitches giving money though, so I'm thinking maybe it is legit after all?

I have a freelance programmer that writes viruses and stuff and earns some money, maybe your sim did too, but on a larger scale. :lol:
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    Usually they do win a million but I have seen a few other large amounts too unless they changed that I almost always play the lottery and it hasn't always been the same as of yet.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Oh, is it ever possible to have too much money? "May the Lord smite me with it". to quote Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If you like mods, your Sims can have some out of wedlock babies living in other households and with MCCC installed they will pay an exorbitant amount in child support. That money will dwindle down fairly quickly.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited April 2022
    yeah idk its always million from lottery in my game

are you sure you didn't merge households or move household with freerealestate cheat or something momentarily and the household kept all the money? cause that does sound like one possible money maker

i recall there being some phone call thing about keeping shady money for someone that comes with fame i think but i cant remember how much money that was

they could have also sold few ridiculously expensive items perhaps like collectibles or paintings or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    @crocobaura That would be a lot of money! He has made two apps I think, everything else has been for freelance jobs.

@RedDestiny92 That's interesting, if the amount can be different then lottery is my main suspect.

@GalacticGal I'm already planning ways to spend it ;)

@Chazzzy I play almost vanilla and the family is happy together, but I appreciate the suggestion as I love some good drama.

@Simmingal The households has been living in the same house since 2019 IRL. I have moved two of their children away, one quite recently. I created a new household and gave some money to get started. Could the game have glitched at that point? I have taken the phonecall on some sims and it's something like 2k. They don't paint or have any expensive collectibles.

I wonder if this will remain a mystery. I could play it that the mother got the money as a reward for being Hall of Famer. Players get incredible rewards, so at least it makes sense.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I messed up and planted to many money tree's forgetting that they auto harvest whenever anyone leaves the lot, even when the kid go's to school. I am giving it away, put it in a safe, spent it, and recycling it in the recycler, lol. I still have an infinite number problem. 999.999.99 same in the household inventory. I have to remember to put those suckers in inventory today. I never had problems with money in the game without cheats or mods so I never really question where money comes from. I will have to start paying more attention.
    @spend4zen wow I didn't even know that could happen :o I've never planted a money tree in The Sims 4, only used them in TS2! One day I will plant it.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Nothing like that has ever happened to my Sim. I guess I should buy lottery tickets more often. Where do you get the money tree from? I've not come across it in the game yet. Is it possible the lot glitched and sold lots of bb items back to the household funds? Are you missing any expensive furniture?
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Elliandre, money tree is one of the things you can buy with aspiration points. Just like the Mermadic Kelp, it only shows up if you have the reward store filtered by "All". It doesn't show under either the potion or trait filters.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited April 2022
    Oh okay that must be why I have never seen it. Thank you @Stormkeep ! :smile:
    edited April 2022
    New info:

I loaded my backup save that I did before neighbourhood stories. In that save the household has 169 910 simeoleans (compared to 212 502). I have not been playing them in between! It seems they keep gradually gaining money while not played. I can't explain where it comes from. Since the money doesn't seem to be legit I will be removing it. I don't mind cheating on my less played played sims, but this is one of my main families.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited April 2022
    @musteni, Check the traits of all of the Sims in the household to see if any of them has the "Shrewd" trait. I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but I've had households get money from that trait even when they were not the one being actively played. It is supposed to give you a notification when you get the money though, so I'm really just spitballing here considering it doesn't sound like you ever saw that notification.

Also, if you use mods, specifically MCCC, and have the option turned on for either inheritance or child support, those two things will transfer money to households even when they are not active.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    New info:

I loaded my backup save that I did before neighbourhood stories. In that save the household has 169 910 simeoleans (compared to 212 502). I have not been playing them in between! It seems they keep gradually gaining money while not played. I can't explain where it comes from. Since the money doesn't seem to be legit I will be removing it. I don't mind cheating on my less played played sims, but this is one of my main families.

Check your bills first, before you cheat the money away. Sometimes when I return to my sims after not playing them for a while they have huge bills and the money to pay them, like they have been saving the money and not paying their bills.
    @Stormkeep I checked their traits, but they don't have srewd or anything else I can think could explain this. I always forget to say - I play vanilla, except I recently got map replacements. The problem appears to have started prior that.

@crocobaura Yes they had big bills indeed, it was 8k and I'll use the suspicious money to cover that :D
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    I found a relatively recent screenshot where they have 24k...
    Hmmm... Sounds like EA needs to add something so whatever Simmers are on your ‘friends list’ can be people you share you sim household’s fabulous wealth with— what ever family of one of their saves they are on or hit ‘play’ on next lol 😂

Then you can be relieved of that terrible burden of a super rich family lol.
    Also, sims 4 it seems has no real use for simmer “friends” unlike sims 3 so... They need to give it some purpose.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    @Stormkeep I checked their traits, but they don't have srewd or anything else I can think could explain this. I always forget to say - I play vanilla, except I recently got map replacements. The problem appears to have started prior that.

@crocobaura Yes they had big bills indeed, it was 8k and I'll use the suspicious money to cover that :D

8k is like what my sims pay regularly for a couple of bills. When they got the huge bills it was around 50-80k.
    The plot thickens...

The father of the family has an alien baby I didn't know about (I have not played the kidnapping or the pregnancy/birth). The baby and her mother are in the hidden households, so I can't access them. Neighbourhood stories? This household had the stories off from the start, but I don't think it counts males properly off limits.