Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you call these houses in English?

Sul Sul everyone!
Could you tell me what these houses are called in English? I would like to share them in the gallery and therefore I need the right name. Or simply: How would you name this lot? In German this type of building is called "Pfahlhäuser" or "Pfahlbauten" (from the stone age).

Edit: Somehow I can't post pictures here anymore... anyone know why? :(
You are not allowed to post attachments in this category. Please remove any attachments to proceed.

So please follow the link:

https://imgur.com/a/74mVl4n

Thanks for your help in advance! :)
Sul Sul!
On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
Thanks for stopping by! 👋

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It looks like an island resort because of the little individual villas.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,013 Member
    @Busufu Or stilt "cabins" since they're small and rustic looking. You could say village, too, if they're a cluster of group housing. Or beach cabin resort if they're used for vacationing.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    i think not being able to post the picture is because its first comment in thread thats been issue for a bit

(if not that you'll need to add the bbcode forums link from the picture share link thing on imgur)

I don't really know what the houses are called though I would call them beach house/hut/shack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Where I grew up, we have similar houses that go out over the water on stilts (different style, because different culture, but same concept), and we call them "stilt houses" or "pier houses". That kind of platform extending out over the water is often called a pier. Large piers can definitely have buildings on them.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2022
    Stilt tiki hut/house, overwater bungalow… cute build, btw.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I've always called them cabins or bungalows. I don't know if that's the name though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,497 Member
    Those are fabulous. They look like they would fit right perfectly in Sulani. They appear to be huts.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I think I would say Beach Huts on the water. They are very cute.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    edited April 2022
    Huts is the only name I've ever heard. Whoever made those did a fantastic job.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Where I'm from, we'd call them Stilt Houses, because they are built up over the water on stilts. I just googled, and it's a real word for them. :lol:
    We have a lot of made-up words where I grew up, so I always have to check that.... like, we called drinking fountains "bubblers"...and then when I lived somewhere else people laughed at me for calling them that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilt_house
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited April 2022
    Thank you all for your suggestions so far! <3
    I first went with "Stilt Houses", but wasn't sure if that's the common name. I'm building this for my Stone Age Save, so I’d like people to be able to find it easily in the gallery when they search something for the history challenge for example. ;)

And yeah, I probably should have mentioned that the lot is build in "Stone Age style" (I play without CC so it looks modern at first sight – sorry for that o:) ).
    Whoever made those did a fantastic job.
    Elliandre wrote: »
    They are very cute.
    Those are fabulous. They look like they would fit right perfectly in Sulani.
    cyncie wrote: »
    cute build, btw.

Aww! Thank you so much! I’m glad you like my littel cabin village on water! It's not finished yet though. Maybe I sahre some pics here, when I’m done. :D
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i think not being able to post the picture is because its first comment in thread thats been issue for a bit

(if not that you'll need to add the bbcode forums link from the picture share link thing on imgur)

Thanks for your answer. That could be of course, although many users already insert pictures in the first post... :/
    Actually I have inserted the correct code, I often post pics in the "post the last screenshot - thread". Let my try anotherone here:

09.04.22_15-22-42b6j0i.jpg

Yep, it works! B)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    We have a lot of made-up words where I grew up, so I always have to check that.... like, we called drinking fountains "bubblers"...and then when I lived somewhere else people laughed at me for calling them that.

Now we know where you are from @Stormkeep !

(It would be quite typical Midwestern behavior to say that your own region's way of speaking is "made-up", instead of defending it to the heavens)

• GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    @Busufu Your houses remind me of those at the Lake of Constance. 💛
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Where I'm from, we'd call them Stilt Houses, because they are built up over the water on stilts. I just googled, and it's a real word for them. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stilt_house

I've always called them bubblers as well. Except when in navy, where the term is scuttlebut. I'm in MA.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Oldeseadogge, Yah, I've since learned that the term is specific to a small area in Wisconsin (where I am from) and the North East coast.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Maybe the Wisconsin folks originally came from the northeast. I read somewhere ages ago that speech patterns migrated west as the country expanded. Other than Maine's 'Down East', which stayed where it was. Wouldn't explain bubbler, though.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I thought these are called huts?
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Gagea wrote: »
    @Busufu Your houses remind me of those at the Lake of Constance. 💛

Well recognized @Gagea
    Actually those have inspired me to build this! <3

Once again, thank you all for your name suggestions! You helped me a lot! I have chosen Stilt Village because it is actually supposed to represent a small stilt village on water. :)
    I used some other of your great suggestions as hashtags for the gallery.

Now I'll show you a few more pics of the finished work. I hope you like it. :D
    Remember, this is build for the Stone Age and I don’t use any CC. ;)

15.04.22_16-41-13mqjlz.jpg

15.04.22_15-23-51bukx5.jpg

12.04.22_23-56-551qkcr.jpg

more under the spoiler:
    12.04.22_23-54-40xdk1y.jpg

12.04.22_23-55-18nzkdk.jpg

13.04.22_00-04-32c8jmj.jpg

15.04.22_15-22-18ztk25.jpg

15.04.22_15-25-14vujjl.jpg

15.04.22_15-25-48h7j1a.jpg

15.04.22_15-27-3653kv5.jpg

15.04.22_15-28-57s8jtk.jpg

15.04.22_15-29-24xtjkm.jpg

15.04.22_15-31-06jvjuj.jpg

15.04.22_16-41-49z3k0u.jpg

15.04.22_16-42-19g6kxs.jpg

15.04.22_16-43-563qkwa.jpg

15.04.22_16-44-52kukf4.jpg

15.04.22_16-45-30pykmj.jpg

15.04.22_16-46-34k8kek.jpg

15.04.22_16-48-149ejv5.jpg

15.04.22_16-48-53jvkmy.jpg

If you would like to check it out in your game, you'll find it in the gallery under ID Busufu
    Sul Sul!
    Beautiful work! Some of your shots show things I never knew existed. Learn something new every day.
    edited April 2022
    @Busufu It's lovely! Very creative. What about the household? Are they on the Gallery too? I love their outfits. Is there CC?

EDIT: I just saw you mentioned you don't use CC. ;)
    edited April 2022
    Beautiful work! Some of your shots show things I never knew existed. Learn something new every day.

Thank you! There’s really a lot to discover in Debug! :)
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Busufu It's lovely! Very creative. What about the household? Are they on the Gallery too? I love their outfits. Is there CC?

Oh thank you so much! Glad you like the outfits. They are partly wildly thrown together and do not always fit the age of time... :D But I don't like to wrap my Sims only in brown towels (the towels come most similar to a fur or leather dress imo & since I don't play with CC...).
    This household is not on the gallery, cause the Sims aren’t from me (I just dressed them). But you’ll find many of my offspring in the gallery. I’m currently in Gen 7 of my Stone Age save and very proud! <3
    Sul Sul!
    @Busufu Thanks for the info! Wow, Gen 7 of a Stone Age story line. That's great! Oh, and I downloaded your village. 😊
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

In "English". Yes, huts.
    Boring. I know. ;)

We know the way!

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png