Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many simmers would like to see the controls changed to have the option for direct control?

How many would like to keep the cursor control?

How many simmers would like to see the controls changed to have the option for direct control? 30 votes

Direct control
30%
KyreRoenddd994Paper92BrinteySpearsBlana44EnnaelTequila_Rose_13191StephenJHollowayHauk150 9 votes
Cursor
70%
lisamwittBelletricetaydevBabykittyjadeannaliese39AstroEnkiSchmidtStrawberryYogurtWildIrishBansheeGlacierSnowSeashoreLiviaSimmingalcody6268Calico45NightwalkerArkanisfae_brassBookBearIvyEvalineNoobplayersptRoseRyder 21 votes

Comments

• lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Direct control
    Been waiting for this since sims 2🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
  • IvyEvalineIvyEvaline Posts: 17 Member
    Cursor
    What's a direct control? I saw a few people mentioning it in other posts.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Cursor
    Direct control is more suited to something Sims RPG esque like the old console spin offs. I loved those spin offs, but they fit what I enjoyed about consoles and were fun because of their unique identity. I would not want to part with the normal Sims experience, though.

A direct control Sims would not be the normal Sims experience of herding pixel people into lives satisfactory to their creators' entertainment. It would pin you more to the Sim you control, as if you were the Sim (and hence an RPG instead of a top down god game). You could swap and pull up menus and what not in the console spin offs, too, but you never had the detachment of the cursor controls.

Plus, I also really dislike the thought having to manually walk each Sim to their needs and having my top down third person view restricted to just the Sims I directly control. It just makes it harder to play multiples, once again reinforcing the RPG elements of tying you to one character.
  • IvyEvalineIvyEvaline Posts: 17 Member
    Cursor
    If that's direct control I definitely choose cursor. I can't imagine the sims like other RPG games. I do play rpgs quite a bit. I don't know... I just can't imagine sims other than how we interact with it right now.
  • lana44lana44 Posts: 60 Member
    Direct control
    Well with direct control u only control the sim of your choice. You can have ur main sims direct control and then your others would take care of themselves. Direct control was part of sims, it was how sims 2 was made. It actually came with options f cursor or direct control which was best for consoles . Its like they were going forwards improving the game and then back to square 1🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Well I only play TS4 on a computer, so I didn’t know you guys don’t have direct control on console.
    Isn’t it tedious to play ?
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    Direct control
    I would have loved this option. I'm sure I heard it read somewhere that when developing the console version they actually did consider this an option. The Sims 2 on PS2 was so fun because of the direct control and there was a mod for the Sims 3 pc version too that was pretty epic. I would love this even in the Sims 5.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Cursor
    I tried a different game called Live the Life with direct control, and it was tedious and annoying.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Direct control
    The direct control on the sims consoles games was awesome, i would love to see it again, it could be either official or even as a mod, but i think it could be very fun :)
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Direct control
    I'd want to be able to do both. Like playing with controller & M&KB at the sam time.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Cursor
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I tried a different game called Live the Life with direct control, and it was tedious and annoying.

Oh god, I tried that game out to and I really tried to like it... for about an 2 hours then I couldn't play it again.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2022
    Cursor
    Tried direct control mod. Just doesn't work on a game like the sims where you control everything as an overseer. I don't think you are meant to feel directly there.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Direct control
    Why has this not be added as a feature for console?? I swear they mentioned there was a specific console team when they ported it over, dedicated to working on console specific features… and yet nothing. Please add split screen too 🙌🙌
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    Direct control
    To be honest I would rather them just fix the current controls as the Dpad stops working randomly so you can't change Sims, move floors or put the walls up or down. Seems to happen after entering build/buy or using the MOO cheat.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Cursor
    Sims 2 DS there is direct control and it makes sense. But for PC when playing multiple families, and building as well, makes more sense for cursor.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BelletriceBelletrice Posts: 8 New Member
    Cursor
    > @StrawberryYogurt said:
    > Sims 2 DS there is direct control and it makes sense. But for PC when playing multiple families, and building as well, makes more sense for cursor.

Pretty much, you gain a lot of speed and when you're focused on multiple families and might need to go in and out of manage worlds to make sure everything's under control, the cursor takes the win. I'd still be down to trying a direct control if Sims 4 had it on PC, being a curious person and all.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited March 2022
    Cursor
    no to direct
    I am watcher,
    god of pixel people,
    not a sim.

I don't want to play one sim i want to play a household so that too makes it easier with cursor

+It would drive me crazy having to use direct cause its such a pain its like number 1 reason i don't play many games

and i do also have motion sickness issues so that is another reason

some of the ps2 sims games have something similar to direct and its also pain in those

option? sure someone else might enjoy it

but its not exactly anything i need in my game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    Cursor
    I dislike direct control in other games. I wish they would let me just click stuff and say "go here" or "do this" like I can in the sims games. If the sims games were changed to use direct control with no option of keeping it as it currently is, I would quit playing.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited March 2022
    Cursor
    TS3 has a Third-Person mod. I tried it out and it's fun to play with every now and then but it just doesn't feel the same as point-and-click.