Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    That does sound like an extremely half-baked pack! From reports, the wedding guests don't do as advertised and actually attend properly and it looks as chaotic as weddings before or without the pack, from people's descriptions.

You don't suppose this is on purpose, a way to get people to hate sims4 so they'll break up with it and run into the arms of sims5 as soon as it hits the market?

I am starting to wonder, because nothing else makes sense.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am not convinced we won't ever get another romance pack, but I do generally agree. I wish romance had been made more interesting prior to weddings so I actually had a reason to use weddings in the first place. It is a rather rare event in my game.

I also say this as someone that doesn't really care about that theme. It would have been yet another pack not suited to my tastes, no different than Wedding Stories.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Plumbobi I really enjoyed your video! Made me laugh over a very sad situation! I think you probably weren't expecting that you would have to have as many drinks as you did lol! It really is sad how bad the gameplay is. I wanted to buy this pack as soon as it came out. Had birthday money just waiting to be spent on the pack. I love weddings in Sims and was looking forward to using all the beautiful items in the game pack but was really looking forward to the gameplay they advertised. I saw the bugs in the pre-release videos and decided to wait until later thinking they wouldn't release it unless the bugs were fixed. Very disappointed in EA that they released a gamepack where most of the gameplay isn't working! I am trying to be patient and wait it out hoping the bugs get fixed fairly quickly so I can buy the pack. If they had left the base game wedding play intact when you have this pack installed, I would still buy and use the pack using the base game wedding play using all the wonderful items in this pack such as the CAS, B/B, and especially the flowers and cakes. But from what I saw they removed the base game play with this pack? Is this true? I like the world that comes with it, though having so much background buildings that don't do anything is disappointing. Would be nice to have more of even rabbit hole buildings like book store, regular clothing store, etc or even a diner/restaurant as no lots in downtown where can build community building to make downtown area more alive. I will buy this pack if bugs are fixed, or if confirmed that base game wedding play is still intact, but definitely not buying it now. I am having difficulty understanding why they would release a gamepack whose focus is gameplay that doesn't even work! Especially since we have been inundated with kits and no packs of any kind in a long time. Please EA, fix this pack so I can buy it and restore my faith in you!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    ExxCee wrote: »
    Sims has always been buggy, especially when a new pack comes out. But omg I cannot believe how bad Wedding Stories is.

The guests all turned up in their everyday wear, sending sims down the aisle is a nightmare, the cake never showed up at the wedding (yes I put the cake as wedding cake), the guests don't sit, no one does any wedding activities and to top it off 2 sims died, the entertainer and my real life sim dad.

When are they meant to bringing out the patch to fix this God forsaken game pack.
    I dont know how they released it with all of these bugs.

It's a WEDDING pack and you cant even do the main thing it was made for.

Sorry but 1 death at a wedding is a tragedy, 2 deaths is careless :lol:

One death at a Sims wedding is tradition. Two is actual drama.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Just remember 'Dine Out' has also been broken for a LONG time, but hasn't been addressed... so, we can probably expect the same for this pack.

That's what happens when the developers rush out an unfinished game... which has been the case of The Sims 4 since the beginning. I remember The Sims 2 days when we didn't need a new patch every week to constantly fix the game. Then again, the packs were also released finished and clean... also, even when we needed a patch, it would be like one per expansion pack. It was never like the way Sims 4 is!

Going to restaurants work okay for me; sometimes it can take a bit long if there are a lot of guests and few servers but that’s to be expected.

I think people need to make/download smaller/less complex restaurants. Having dining spread over more than one floor etc can mess things up too. People who make or edit them should also playtest them before uploading. I've made an Italian restaurant for the beach lot in Tartosa, but will be testing it before uploading.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I'd be so freaking mad if they left Sims 4 and skipped so many occults. We waited 8+ years and we didn't get werewolves or dragons, but we got recycling?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Agreed, huge waste of the love theme, and one of the most lacklustre game packs ever.. Pretty sure Star Wars has more gameplay, Bb and cas… and that is very unfortunate for wedding stories. Someone mentioned the dating app, didn’t they hint also at this in quarterly teaser picture too? The quality of this game just continues to decline. Such as shame! The art department seems to carry the whole sims team, with less and less new gameplay and animations, the little they do add is completely bugged. But hey we get a cute map… 🙄
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    They'd really have to come up with something fantastic for me to start all over again, and I can't see that happening.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't see any further big TS4 pack coming after this fiasco.
  • Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    Does it matter if people complain if they still purchase it? 🤔 maybe. Maybe not. But i think EA feels comfortable releasing this because they know their audience will still buy it. I still have the conspiracy the Russia thing was a stunt for good press because they knew the pack would be bad.

The Reddit post I just linked touches on that point exactly: people willingly buying the pack that they know is buggy and also complaining about it.

Yeah I think we need a united front. Someone start a change.org petition :D but its hard to get simmers united because we all want different things.

Actually, we all want the same thing. A game that comes out that isn't broken.
  • Options
    PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2022
    So... has anyone from EA, anywhere, made a comment about this stuff getting fixed?

@EA_Cade are we going to get a response to this fiasco?

This is such poor customer service. Guerrilla Games and Bandai Namco immediately addressed issues with apologies for Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring. Bandai also outlined the steps they are taking with improving performance while you have EA here not willing to release their patch notes. I hate the lack of transparency. I wish the gaming media would cover the MWS bugs but Elden Ring is dominating the conversation right now.

ETA: Kotaku just released this article, hopefully, more will follow:

https://kotaku.com/sims-4-wedding-game-pack-expansion-ea-dlc-expansion-bug-1848595056
    Post edited by Pickledtiara on
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Expecting that the same studio and publisher that just released my Wedding Stories will somehow be able to save face by releasing a 'better' whole new game is a very optimistic expectation.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    There are also other negative possibilities, in addition to microtransactions and online gaming - a push towards console gaming where mods and cc aren't possible.
  • Options
    AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    edited February 2022
    As a child, I never liked playing adult "copying" games, 1: 1 playing the medical profession, salesperson, or "wedding". I found it boring, I preferred to create the stories myself. My dolls had adventures, they had romances, they had good times and bad. And now in the game I have to "play copy the wedding"?? And that's all? That's not what I bought The Sims for. I loved that freedom, the ability to make my own stories, "ceremonies" like weddings were just interludes (and that's what's least interesting to me).
    In addition, the pack supposedly does not work! I said goodbye to The Sims 4 a year ago and this pack does not encourage me to return.
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, I've had a crap week so I've decided to buy a buggy video game so I can try to escape for awhile. My choices are -- MWS for $20 or CP2077 for $30. Off to Night City for me!
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    I am honestly quite shocked but heartened to see very prominent Game Changers like Deli and Kayla refuse to cover this pack or outright not recommend it. I doubt it will make much of a difference but it is good to see.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited February 2022
    My Weeding Stories is probably a preview of The Sims 5 :p

😂 oh my imagine the chaos of everyone controlling thier Sim during an online wedding version of this game!

That’s how I read what you said. Some sort of multiplayer test, assigning the roles out etc. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood you.

How would you decide whose playing which celebrant? Or whose the flower pal? Unless it’s like a launch room where players pick which role they want before the ceremony starts or something 🤔.
    I think it would get very chaotic!

Imagine you want a nice calm event but someone joins whose goal is to cause as much fuss as possible 🙄.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    My Weeding Stories is probably a preview of The Sims 5 :p

😂 oh my imagine the chaos of everyone controlling thier Sim during an online wedding version of this game!

That’s how I read what you said. Some sort of multiplayer test, assigning the roles out etc. Sorry if I’ve misunderstood you.

How would you decide whose playing which celebrant? Or whose the flower pal? Unless it’s like a launch room where players pick which role they want before the ceremony starts or something 🤔.
    I think it would get very chaotic!

Imagine you want a nice calm event but someone joins whose goal is to cause as much fuss as possible 🙄.

And no one wears formal attire but rather exotic looking costumes. :lol:
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Well, I've had a crap week so I've decided to buy a buggy video game so I can try to escape for awhile. My choices are -- MWS for $20 or CP2077 for $30. Off to Night City for me!

Patch 1.5 is a good time to start CP77 ! Much better choice than MWS.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Honestly I gotta say, after reading everything wrong with this pack, as much as I want it for various reasons I am really am glad I don't have the funds for it right now and didn't win it. I would have been to tempted to download it and probably would have messed up my game. I can't believe they let it release in this state.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited February 2022
    yeah well i pretty much have 2 options

either try to run my game without this pack and see if it was patch or pack that made my game laggy glitchy mess and freaking pray its pack related so i can at least play with my other packs by uninstalling this one

or stop playing until whatever it is gets fixed

and tbh this pack not working has just put the last nail in my hibernation coffin so i might choose the latter

was so excited to play it but now i just keep getting island paradise flashbacks

so ironic that arrival of another beach pack that i really felt like playing has ended up making my game unplayable again
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited February 2022
    nevermind
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

Yes!
    I bought the CP77 on launch day and set it aside because it came out of the oven way too early.
    Though I will still wait a little because Gran Turismo 7 is coming out next week. I will play that for a while and then jump in for some Cyberpunk. Maybe they will have some patches for the patch by then.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    happyopi wrote: »

Yes!
    I bought the CP77 on launch day and set it aside because it came out of the oven way too early.
    Though I will still wait a little because Gran Turismo 7 is coming out next week. I will play that for a while and then jump in for some Cyberpunk. Maybe they will have some patches for the patch by then.

cp7? my sim just starteed a relationship with his brothers girl. their on a break but still and their twins so i was in game til just now and missed a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top