Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your favourite mods? - February 2022 edition

Hello,

It's not my first time posting this exact same question, but time goes by, some new mods appear and older ones aren't updated. So let me ask this once again : what are you favourite mods to play with?

Mines are:

- bienchens' Whimsoverhaul
- MissyHissy's Custom Whims
- MissyHissy's Sims 2 Personality Mod
- roburky's Meaningful Stories

I used to play with ky-e's Lifetime Aspirations mod but it seems like it hasn't been updated for quite a while (or are newer version on theirs' patreon?)

There is also that one mod that allowed you to ring up customers at register but it's been broken a few patches ago and the creator post it up for adoption a few weeks ago, I'm so sad because it was a massive overhaul for the retail system :(

(btw I'm all for mods that make the game more sims-driven ala Sims 2 instead of player-driven Sims 4 gameplay, so feel free to suggest mods that you think I could enjoy :) )

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,863 Member
    UI Cheats. My one and only mod. So thankful Weerbesu updates his mod promptly.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hard to choose, because I have about 100+ of mods in my game XD

But top 5:
    1) Wonderful whims
    2) Missyhissy - personality mod
    3) Carl's gameplay overhaul
    4) Passionate romance
    5) Npcc

I was wondering why did Ring up at the register stopped working, I hope someone will adopt it, because it was awesome when it worked :(

edit: of course MCCC and UI cheats these two are so integrated in my gameplay that I forget they are mods XD
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited February 2022
    MCCC
    UI Cheats Extension
    Wonderful Whims
    Whims Overhaul
    Meaningful Stories
    Sim Spawn Overhaul
    Go to School
    Grannie's Cookbook
    Numerous other small mods by Bienchen, LilMsSam, Ravasheen, Pandasama,
    Post edited by telemwill on
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I use a ton of mods. A metric ton. But I eschew all mods where a single mod does a lot of things and most mods that change significant aspects of the game. For now, most mods like that which I'm interested in go into my bookmarks to follow up when the game is no longer being patched/updated regularly.

Here's a list of what mods I do use:
    • MCCC
    • Carl's Gameplay Overhaul
    • UI Cheats Extension
    • Improved Autonomy During Loading
    • TMex Better Build/Buy
    • Lot51 Ding Dong Ditch Doorbell
    • A large assortment of mods by Bienchen, LilMsSam, Ravasheen, Pandasama, Zero, KiaraSims, Kuttoe, Lotharihoe, Simularity, Brazlenlotus and miscellaneous modders at MTS.
    • About 2 dozens mods I made for myself for things which no one else modded that I wanted changed.
    I'd also used Wonderful Whims, because I like what it does, but for me it causes some minor lag in my game so I had to remove it.
    Post edited by Stormkeep on
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Zerbu’s mods to make Granite Falls and Selvadorada residential.
    Playable pets.
    Various additional traits, careers, and aspirations.
    The mod where you click on a door to force people to leave your lot.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited February 2022
    You might get a different response from many people if this was asked on reddit or certain third party forums.
    • LittleMsSims - this is a few hundred assorted mods and it's pick and choose but I, like most people, probably have a few thousand mods from her. ;)
    • KiaraSims4Mods - same as with LittleMsSims, only this is for careers, aspirations, events, and lot traits.
    • Chingyu1023 - same as the two above, only now we're talking custom traits and kits to make use of them.
    • The NSFW version of the Whims mods a few others note above. I highly recommend at least the SFW one because of how it expands out the likes / dislikes system.
    • MCCC - who isn't going to have this on their list. I suspect many people above just didn't think to list it because "everybody" uses it.
    • A few NSFW mods who's nature is such that I won't mention any more about them here. Nothing extreme mind you, at least not with their main features. But I will say that this is often getting adjusted because quality here varies a lot, and some mods with 1 feature I really like get paired with somebody's really weird "thing" that I want nothing to do with... so if you explore down these - beware and make backup saves first.
    • ShowSimInfo - this is a dead mod, but it still works. It's the only tool I know of that lets me do easy searching of all the sims in my game and look up most variables about them. A few things are broken, like no longer being able to look up sims by age, but about 80% of the functions still work... If ever there was a mod I wish someone would take over or remake, this is it. It hasn't been updated since 2020 or 2019 I think.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    In addition to several of the ones mentioned above:
    • thepancake1's More Traits in CAS - allows for 5 traits instead of 3. It really adds depth of personality, especially if you play with custom traits
    • weerbesu's More Columns in CAS - very helpful if you have lots of CC to scroll through
    • MCCC - so many good features, but messing around with autonomy tuning was a game changer for me
    • Zerbu's Unlimited Likes and Dislikes - practically essential if using any custom likes/dislikes
    • Helaene's Preferences Plus
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    My personal list:

Sem's Lichtschwert Fix mod-Translates to "Lightsaber Fix" (the creator is German). It removes the collectibles tag from lightsabers, thus allowing you to have multiple households with lightsabers and have duels between them. Pretty much a must if you have Journey to Batuu, imho.
    TitanNano's Control Any Sim-Great for those times you want to control multiple Sims without having them in a single household. But this mod hasn't been updated in a year, so I wonder if I should still be using it...
    LittleMsSam's SimDa app-Great for those going for the Serial Romantic aspiration! And those wanting to spice up the dating scene in general.
    Llazyneiph's Royalty Mod-It has recently been updated to feature a sword fighting system. That's more than enough, but it also has plenty of other mechanics for those who like a feudal system experience.
    MCCC-For obvious reasons.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    Number one and number two, respectively is MCCC and UI Extensions. If I don't have these, I don't play.

There are numerous other mods, including anatomically correct mods (I'm over 21) from cmar, many mods from LittleMsSam, bienchen, Pandasams, and the rest of my Mods folder is cc.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    1. Something to make relationships more interesting
    2. Something to make juice more interesting
    3. Bienchen’s Whim Overhaul
    4. 37 other Bienchen mods, mostly to tweak autonomy
    5. Remove Sims from Conversations (thepancake1 and MizoreYukii)
    6. Sim Spawn Overhaul (Lotharihoe)
    7. Change to Everyday while inside (Littlemssam)
    8. Synchronized Stereos (Revy)
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2022
    1. I have 2 folders dedicated to LittleMsSam and Bienchen.
    2. I use UI cheats but only to delete stuck moodlets because I don't enjoy making things too easy for myself.
    3. MCCC of course.
    4. A couple of NSFW mods.
    5. Andrew's Pose Player and a ton of poses.
    6. Adeepindigo's dental, health, and eye care mods.
    7. Srsly's cooking overhaul and tons of custom recipes.
    8. Lots of Lumpinou's mods.
    9. One of my personal favorites, Peterskywalker's weather mod.
    10. Most of SimRealist's mods.
    11. Lots, lots, lots more.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Oh goodness I use so many! I would be lost without my MCCC. Lol
    UI Cheats Extension is a must as well.
    Custom movies
    Reshade
    CAS columns
    More traits in cas
    Any custom holiday traditions
    Custom movies
    Oooh, I like the sound of that! Any creators you can point me to? TIA.
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    edited February 2022
    I have been stictly forbidden by EA moderators to disclose mine. Let's just say that they're not the usual ones other people use, and that they add quite a bit of comedy to my game :wink:
    Post edited by Nate_Whiplash1 on
    Custom movies

Sure, I’m currently not at my computer but as soon as I sit down to play later I’ll give you some links.😊 It’s really cool, you’ll love it!
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Here are my Top 10 Most-Used Mods (as a family gameplay based simmer :) )

1. UI Cheats Extension (I strictly use this instead of MCCC)
    2. Carl Gameplay Overhaul
    3. Adeepindigo Education Bundle
    4. Kawaii Stacie Memorable Events
    5. Various Custom Holiday Traditions by LittleMsSam, KiaraSims4Mods, and Caradriel
    6. Grannie’s Cookbook by Littlebowbub
    7. Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul by Limpinou (and First Impressions, Road to Romance)
    8. Various mods by LittleMsSam (too many to list)
    9. No Ask for Advice by Polarbearsims (this lets me manually ask for advice when I wish instead of it being random)
    10. One NSFW mod (gasp!)

P.S. I do have a ton of tuning mods that truly make the game better as well.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    1. MCCC
    2. Cooking mods by Lilttlbowbub, Oni and Icemunmun. My sims rarely cook meals that are not mods. Adds variety and flavor.
    3. SimsDa dating app by LittleMsSam
    4. Healthcare Redux by adeepindigo
    5. All the mods by simrealist
    Custom movies

Sure, I’m currently not at my computer but as soon as I sit down to play later I’ll give you some links.😊 It’s really cool, you’ll love it!

TYSM!! :heart:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Custom movies

Here is the link to the mod I use and I'm sure there are others out there if you google around. Hope you enjoy! <3
    https://midnitehearts.tumblr.com/post/189974736167/movie-override-mod-pt-1-for-the-sims-4-this-is-my
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Besides the ones mentioned already, I'd like to add Zerbu's face and body presets. I'm not a builder but I love CAS, I like to make sims and give them a little backstory. I'm not good with the editing tools in CAS, pushing and pulling on sims with a mouse is not a skill I have. When I started using the presets it opened up sim creation for me. Plus, because these are presets unlocked from the game itself, I have found they work way better with the in game genetics. And there are soooo many.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    Custom movies

Here is the link to the mod I use and I'm sure there are others out there if you google around. Hope you enjoy! <3
    https://midnitehearts.tumblr.com/post/189974736167/movie-override-mod-pt-1-for-the-sims-4-this-is-my

Those look awesome, thanks so much for taking the time! :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    MCCC
    WonderfulWhims
    WonderfulWhims very NSFW sister. I swap them in and out based on the story
    UI Cheats
    T.O.O.L.
    More LittleMsSam mods than I can count
  • DiassaDiassa Posts: 156 Member
    UI cheats is my first choice, other are remove mosaics (censorship), and the mod that gives men men body parts and women nipples for example. I wanted to have anatomycally correct sims.
      The Sages appreciation club
    RcdS04K.jpg
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I wrote a song about my mods:

"Em See See See 'n Enn Ess Eff Double You Ooh ooh. Ooh Yeah."

The rest is instrumental.

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    My favorite mods are the food mods by ONI, Littlebowbub and Icemunmun. And PandaSama's toddler toys.