Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Wedding Stories Negative Thread

Comments

• GreylingGreyling Posts: 163 Member
    edited February 2022
    Onverser wrote: »
    The Sims Community posted the CAS items for the pack and I can't say I'm that impressed... 4 hairstyles for female sims and.. 1 for male sims :| As for the clothes, none of it is really groundbreaking in my opinion, we already have some nice wedding clothes and I don't think anything here feels like a major improvement on what's already there which is a shame. This really does feel like a world pack because I'm struggling to see any other strengths

Thanks for posting the link :) Must confess, I’m a little underwhelmed by the most of the dresses. I mean, they are nice enough, though some of the silhouettes we’ve seen before, but many of them seem like dresses the guests would wear rather than the bride. And it’s fine with various styles for various types of weddings, and I do enjoy getting a larger selection of formal wear (although I struggle a bit with finding occasions to use this category), but seeing as this is labeled as a wedding pack, I would have thought they would have gone all out on just one or two of them (and added just one regular veil). And the options for male sims are very limited.

However, I really like the male shirt with the undone tie and the bouttonieres.

BlueR0se wrote: »
    I have to say I'm a little confused as to why there is such a strong focus for Chinese/Indian CAS...in a Mediterranean inspired world? I can understand that they're trying to cover as many variety of wedding attires as they can but I feel like the focus on Chinese & Indian stuff is a bit of an odd choice given the location is more Mediterranean inspired? The Chinese one I can at least understand a little cause it's going to be Chinese New Year soon but idk.

The clothes are nice, but nothing really sticks out to me. But I'm not into wedding garbs, honestly. I will say I appreciate the men's clothing lines more this time around.

I think it was a nice choice that they decided to add wedding garments for other cultures as well, and China and India have the largest number of inhabitants, combined they make up more than 1/3 of the world’s population, so it makes senses that they chose wedding outfits from those countries. But I do agree that having Chinese and Indian food be the options in the food stalls instead of Mediterranean types of food in a world that is so clearly inspired by that area feels really odd. I think it would have made more sense if the Chinese and Indian dishes would just have been added to the general cooking options and then have Mediterranean food at the stalls instead.
    Post edited by Greyling on
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The lack of wedding dresses and veils shocks me. What we do get some of it I think is much too similar to things we already have.
    I’m not buying the pack. It looks a buggy mess. I don’t want to have to micro manage weddings every step of the way. I.e go down the aisle, kiss the bride.

And Bach party?? Flower “pal” Come on EA!

I wish they have the bachelor and bachelorette parties separate by gender.

With dancers! Who didn't love the dancers in previous sims games?
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2022
    Felicity wrote: »
    The lack of wedding dresses and veils shocks me. What we do get some of it I think is much too similar to things we already have.
    I’m not buying the pack. It looks a buggy mess. I don’t want to have to micro manage weddings every step of the way. I.e go down the aisle, kiss the bride.

With dancers! Who didn't love the dancers in previous sims games?

You could invite guests of the same gender if you wanted say a bachelorette party. My concern is that person getting married plans the Bach party when usually it is the best man, maid of honor, or attendant. It would be a nice feature if the sim of honor asked what the person wants for their party - dancing, entertainment, drinking - and the sim can give them their preferences or say "surprise me." Like if you have the juice keg from Discover University that could be at the party. Without any information, the parties right now sound so depressing and dry.

Also I would have loved a wedding registry - could be done online and your sims could select the gifts they want.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »

The bouquet thing might be to accommodate heavier built sims. If it was closer to the body it might clip in them. Same thing might apply to the distance while slow dancing.

They said there's a variety of kisses at the altar, it's random. Same with the cake cutting.

Yes, I realize that clipping is always an issue. Yet, when Sims hug, they get closer to each other than the couple do on their big day. That doesn't make sense to me. Also, the way that the bride is holding her bouquet is just plain unnatural. Even for a heavier Sims, the bride would be holding the bouquet up around her breast. Who does that?

As for the ceremonial kiss, the randomness of it is a problem in itself. As with the cake cutting, something like that should be left up to the player. Because for someone who doesn't like the animation, like me, I would have to keep redoing the ceremony until I get the screenshot that I prefer. That's a serious concern. It might have made more sense to give the player a choice rather than to leave us crossing our fingers and hoping.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Release date has been pushed back for next week. All of this because "they didn't know." 🙃

Anyway, hope that includes some hotfixes for the issues they had in the livestream. Based on what I have read since I didn't watch it.

Update of the letter below:
    An Update on My Wedding Stories

To our Simmers,

Last week, we shared the below update about our upcoming game pack “My Wedding Stories.” At the time, we believed that our team could not freely share the storytelling of same-sex couple Cam and Dom in Russia and decided the best way to uphold our commitment to sharing their story was to not release this pack there.

Since then, we’ve been listening to the outpouring of feelings from our community including both support for our decision and concern for their fellow community members. We acknowledge how important it is for us to take a stand against homophobia and share stories like this with those who want and need it most.

With this in mind, we’ve reassessed our options and are now actively working to release The Sims 4 “My Wedding Stories” Game Pack to our community in Russia, unaltered and unchanged, featuring Dom and Cam.

We want the entire Sims community to be able to celebrate together, so we're pushing the global release of "My Wedding Stories" to the week of February 21 - including in Russia. The exact date will follow soon.

Love is love, and The Sims community will continue to be a safe space for those who want to see a world where that is true for everyone. We are thankful for the support of our team and our values even when it is hard. Thank you for being a part of The Sims.

The Sims Team
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022

Yeah, but I am assuming that there is nothing that is preventing you from having only guests from one gender during your party so you could technically still have that.

As for dancers, I'm not sure if that could maybe be achieved with clubs? Still, they should have included it with the pack, this is something that a lot of people seemed to like a lot from the previous sims games.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    logion wrote: »

Yeah, but I am assuming that there is nothing that is preventing you from having only guests from one gender during your party so you could technically still have that.

As for dancers, I'm not sure if that could maybe be achieved with clubs? Still, they should have included it with the pack, this is something that a lot of people seemed to like a lot from the previous sims games.

I doubt it; it wasn't a club type thing. The dancers were absolutely hilarious.

So my new negative -- why aren't there veils available in the hat category? That one attached to the hair is atrocious. While I get that some hairs would be an issue, it seems like they could do something that would work.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I won't be able to buy it till next month...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    ^I think this pack has been controversial enough, no need to 'My First Pet Stuff' it. :joy:
  • favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    They really took their time to create these chairs and then didn't include them in the build/buy catalogue, like why?

b5fZUSj.png
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I can understand that the lot can be not connected to the pavement, but I can not understand the situation if we have whole world where the lots don't match to the background:

• asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    There isn't really anything new in this pack that I can't download a CC version of, even the slowdancing. If it wasn't for the world, it would be a stuff pack.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I just watched another glitchy ceremony.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022

I don't know the details of what is not working with the pack, but seriously!?, if this is the state packs for the sims4 are releasing in, then bring on The Sims 5.

I have not bought anything since cottage living. I have not updated my game since August, only played it in offline mode and when I finally feel that it's time to buy a pack just to keep this game alive so I will get something else to do than play around in CAS, then it turns out the pack doesn't even work!?

*throws a plumbob through the window
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2022

I don't know the details what is not working with the pack, but seriously!?, if this is the state packs for the sims4 are releasing in, then bring on The Sims 5.

I have not bought anything since cottage living. I have not updated my game since August, only played it in offline mode and when I finally feel that it's time to buy a pack just to keep this game alive so I will get something else to do than play around in CAS, then it turns out the pack doesn't even work!?

What we saw on the livestream and worse apparently?

This makes me sad, I have really been looking forward to this pack. I think a big part of the problem is they’re all still working from home and trying to glue the pieces together at the end so to speak and I think the sooner they can get back in studio and work as a cohesive unit the better. I also think that it’s a function of they use the pack + base game only in a stream and it’s a different story when people have multiple packs. Especially packs that are frequently generating dialogue pop up windows in the background. I was thinking that streaming and zooming while playing was the problem but I am sure Carl was playing vanilla with multiple packs just like so many of us do. So this is really upsetting. I hope they can use the week delay to smooth things out, but I will have to see what people say after release now before I spend the money.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member

But what don't tell me is it not even playable ?
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Wow, so the stuff on the livestream is what is still happening then? And even more strange things like wedding venues not working apparently. I'm glad that they have a week to try to fix all of that stuff. And of course, maybe add in some new content to give more to the game pack. Potentially there could be more to the base game too, like maybe slow dancing for every person to be able to use in their game? That's just me being hopeful though, lol.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I guess this is what happens after months of releasing nothing but kits. Then again packs like Dine Out are years old...

I'm on the same boat. Don't have any content released after Cottage Living. At least I was already waiting for a sale for this one.

*proceeds to throw plumbob out the window too*
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I don't know the details what is not working with the pack, but seriously!?, if this is the state packs for the sims4 are releasing in, then bring on The Sims 5.

This makes me sad, I have really been looking forward to this pack. I think a big part of the problem is they’re all still working from home and trying to glue the pieces together at the end so to speak and I think the sooner they can get back in studio and work as a cohesive unit the better. I also think that it’s a function of they use the pack + base game only in a stream and it’s a different story when people have multiple packs. Especially packs that are frequently generating dialogue pop up windows in the background. I was thinking that streaming and zooming while playing was the problem but I am sure Carl was playing vanilla with multiple packs just like so many of us do. So this is really upsetting. I hope they can use the week delay to smooth things out, but I will have to see what people say after release now before I spend the money.
    I hope with the delay in release, most of these glitches can be fixed. It's so sad to hear when I was just starting to get excited again.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2022
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

From what I’ve gathered from past interviews and livestreams, it’s not exactly a unit team anyways.. they have different departments that don’t seem to ever cross over, other than at board meetings..? The animation team does their thing, the art team does their thing etc, there clearly is no tester team, and they even hire external people to make certain assets like hairs.. this pack isn’t the first one that seems discombobulated. Honestly it doesn’t sound like the most productive system, but I wouldn’t have thought working from home would impact “the flow” much at all 🤷‍♂️
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Ya know, considering all the problems with this pack, maybe I do want to wait for an occult addition. Imagine trying to get your sim turned into a werewolf, they get bit, and when you wait and wait till the hour comes for the moon to rise and the shift to overtake them and....it just doesn't. No, Mr. Werewolf, you actually can't fight Caleb Vatore tonight, sorry! Come back in 3-5 business months for a patch. o:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top