Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Not sure if this is unpopular or not but I don’t want an attraction system. I usually pick out who my sim is going to marry when I make them and having an attraction system would ruin that. I hope if we get one with the upcoming romance pack there’s a way to turn it off or at least control it more.

I'm right there with ya on that one.

This all boils down to them providing options really.

I like anything that can add emergent gameplay. However, it would be great to have options where things like this can be toggled or even better adjusted.

Imagine have a dedicated section to autonomy settings in the options, instead of just on/off.

These things can be controlled by mods to some extent, but it does leave console players out in the cold.

Absolutely. I would never ask that they not include stuff that many people want, but options are most excellent indeed.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Worst case scenario is they add an attraction system with no way to toggle it off, but MCCC comes to the rescue and adds a sim flag that you can use to toggle it off per sim. :grin:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Not sure if this is unpopular or not but I don’t want an attraction system. I usually pick out who my sim is going to marry when I make them and having an attraction system would ruin that. I hope if we get one with the upcoming romance pack there’s a way to turn it off or at least control it more.

I DO want an attraction system, but I use the Chemistry System mod for friendship/camaraderie chemistry, AND the Wonderful Whims mod for physical/romantic attraction. So my Sims won't get seriously involved unless they have a good degree of chemistry with both those mods, which adds great challenge to finding matches and really makes them feel more nuanced and real.

At this point I don't want a base-game attraction system because there is no way it will be as good as the one I'm using via the mods.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member

I really don’t want superficial “attractions” like eye color or especially horoscope to create relationships in my game. If they had a way to match real compatibility based on personality, interests and aspirations, that might be different. But I would like relationships to reflect a larger scope than just romantic, in that case. Deep friendship, bromances, and non-romantic soulmates are real relationships that are hard to set up in a system that just acknowledges physical attraction and romantic love
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    I think kits are awesome and I want more, lots more.

I'll take my coat and see myself out.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022

I'm very 50/50 on this. I don't really care about an attraction system (and I definitely don't want sexualities) as I want to decide myself who my sims date, but it would be nice if romance was a bit more "unpredictable". At the moment my sim can just flirt with anyone and get the same result unless they're married or in a bad mood. For example maybe traits could more strongly affect how sims behave, like "family oriented" or "good" sims will be very difficult to flirt with if they have a family already, whilst non committal sims will be easy to build a romance with even when they're in a relationship.
    cytnl wrote: »
    cyncie wrote: »
    I really don’t want superficial “attractions” like eye color or especially horoscope to create relationships in my game. If they had a way to match real compatibility based on personality, interests and aspirations, that might be different. But I would like relationships to reflect a larger scope than just romantic, in that case. Deep friendship, bromances, and non-romantic soulmates are real relationships that are hard to set up in a system that just acknowledges physical attraction and romantic love

This. If there is a system implemented, I would rather it be based on actual compatibility and not random superficial things, and there should be a way to disable it and/or flag your sim as asexual for the romantic aspect. I'm demisexual, so all of my sims are asexual as I just can't feel anything but bored when it comes to the idea of playing romance in the game. (It would be great if I never had to worry that my sims might decide to flirt with people when I don't want them to.) I'd also prefer if it wasn't -just- focused on romantic relationships; partnering up shouldn't be the be-all, end-all. Bad enough society largely treats it that way.

So... I'm not against the idea, but there should be options and depth to it.

I understand. I also do not play a romantic/family game, and had to work pretty hard to lock one of my sims down as asexual with mods and wasting an entire trait slot on “unflirty.” He does have close relationships with others and the game threw in a bromance that I love, but there is no real way to acknowledge that unique relationship in game. Their friendship bar went to full very quickly after they met, and they autonomously hang out every chance they get, but BFF and the occasional sentiment is as much as the game will allow. If we’re going to develop relationships, it should include all kinds of relationships, not just physical and romantic attraction.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022

I don't really care for an attraction system if the matching sims always follow some boring pattern. Basically all my TS4 sim couples have been formed because of some interesting gameplay shenanigans and I like that because it can introduce couples I wouldn't necessarily even consider if some attraction system was there to wave its' finger how their traits are incompatible or whatnot. A customizable system in which you can shake things up (and opt a sim out as well) could however really enhance roleplay options and autonomous behavior. I'd like it if the system worked more on "friendship chemistry" than just romantic one, therefore allowing you to form bromances. Ability to create sims who are completely uninterested in romance would be welcome as well.
    So yeah, I'm not too excited about some basic predictable attraction system but a customizable one could possibly be interesting.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    If the new romance pack turns out to be nothing but a wedding planning/ party planning career, I am going to be okay with that.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm honestly split 50/50 on an attraction system.

On one hand, an attraction system that involves traits, likes/dislikes, hobbies, horror scopes etc could be pretty fun if implemented correctly and the ability to customise how intense it is and ofc the ability to turn it on and off in the options menu.

On the other, if it's as poorly implemented as it was in TS3, I may just turn it off and never use it again. Yikes on trikes was it annoying af in TS3, having literally every townie fall in love with my sim, regardless if they were single or not. The fact you couldn't rebuff their affections, aka the love letters and gifts was so irritating.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • GoldilockGoldilock Posts: 80 Member
    I wish it were easier to make sims die (on command).

I move from generation to generation rather quickly and it annoys me to have to wait for days for sims to die of old age. Living as my party animal YA sim doesn't feel right with seven great-great .... grandparents as roommates.
    Instead of having to feed them pufferfish and have them play with the murphy bed for hours there could just be a "move to the afterlife" action or something, similar to the "age up" for babies.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,420 Member
    edited January 2022
    I absolutely hate the heart-shaped bed. Don't want it in the Sims 4. Tacky. Tacky. Tacky.
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate the heart-shaped bed. Don't want it in the Sims 4. Tacky. Tacky. Tacky.

Agreed. Nothing found in sleezy Vegas hotels screams romance to me.
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Call me naive but I prefer to think the focus on inclusivity is sincere.

Maybe just a bit. Just google how many black, heterosexual males work at EA or Maxis, or Google and or FB and or in any other social media realm that is pushing 'diversity'. Sincere? Facts don't bare it out. Yes, there are black women, but very, very few black male developers in any of these professions. The games may seem 'diverse' but not the companies' hiring histories/practices.

Don't really want to get into a discussion of systemic racism, as it's not allowed, but I still appreciate the effort to include diversity in the game.

And they asked for unpopular comments and it couldn't be spoken of in this forum, but is met with "as it's not allowed". Sad!!!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I really enjoy Journey to Batuu because the pack goes well with Get to Work & Strangerville. I love SiFi themes. :p
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I don't wanna do the 100 baby challenge
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The welcome wagon fruitcake probably tastes really good.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2022
    A good chunk of people may disagree with this, but Moschino and Nifty Knitting are great stuff packs - they're useful, too - especially as somebody who takes billions of screenshots in the game and knitting is a good freelance career.

Moreover, Tiny Living is rather... um... useless? Anybody can build tiny homes, even with the base game, and besides, most furniture isn't even space-saving, for example the murphy bed takes a lot of space in a tiny home. This could've been the perfect opportunity to add bunk beds, mini-refrigerators (which can be attached to a counter) and the All-In-One Bathroom item which was in The Sims 3 Island Paradise and Movie Stuff. The only other thing coming with it is the ability to raise your skills faster - I can do it with cheats if I wanted to without owning TL.
    Post edited by sulfurstyless on
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

You must have the rare hidden trait that makes Sims like it!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Something else I want to say is - what keeps me engaged in playing with families are the hiking in Mt. Komorebi and Festival of Youth. So basically, Snowy Escape is somewhat of a life-saver for me when it comes to family gameplay.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Sims 4 moodlets are good. Whims aren't.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like how each game does things differently, I don't want this game to just be a copy paste of the old games
    Onverser wrote: »
    I like how each game does things differently, I don't want this game to just be a copy paste of the old games

Yes! If I want to play a Sims 2 or 3 style game, I already have those. I don't need Sims 4, 5 and beyond to be just a repeat of the older games.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

You must have the rare hidden trait that makes Sims like it!

Haha I guess so :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top