Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sudden and severe lag and performance issues in TS4

I don't know whether the problem is my laptop, origin, or the game. My laptop normally runs TS4 with high graphics and plenty of packs, but now it barely runs the base game alone with the lowest graphics. The change happened overnight and nothing I do seems to help. I doubt my laptop is the issue but I haven't found any reports of issues with the game today. Has anyone experienced the same problem recently?

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited December 2021
    Since you are saying that it happened overnight I suspect it's your laptop. Try restarting it a couple of times and see if it improves. Did you do anything specifically before this happened? Is the laptop getting enough power or is it overheating?

Do you play any other games? You could check if they are running worse too.

If you are playing on PC, Windows have a function called Task Manager where you can see how well your computer is performing. (Right click the start menu bar, Task Manager, Show More information.

From the way you are describing it, I suspect either a memory leak, a bad driver caused by an update or maybe you have a hardware fault, like your laptop not getting enough power or a fan has broken.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Do you have a dedicated graphics card? I play on pc and don’t know a lot about laptops but when I have sudden lag and graphics issues it usually means it’s time to update the driver for my graphics card.
    EA also have a support forum where you can post your technical issues: It's either Technical support - PC or Technical Support - Mac depending if you are playing on a PC or Mac, you need to log in with your EA Account to be able to post.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I have no severe issue, but I can confirm that the game is much more laggy since the fast delivery feature
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited December 2021
    idk my desktop computer is running crazy with the game lately too it doesn't lag much but its just so dang loud and heats up crazy that im afraid to play for a long

had it run all fine with ultra and lot of packs previously too

i took out all the files i think might hog space like saves im not currently playing and screenshots and tray etc

and switched to offline

and updated everything i could find to update minus switching to windows 11 cause im still contemplating on that

i think it helped a little but its still bit worrying at times :/
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    edited December 2021
    I have no severe issue, but I can confirm that the game is much more laggy since the fast delivery feature

I haven't updated but I think someone posted that you can configure the settings for the SDX launcher so it doesn't check for updates all the time.
  • ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    I truly have no idea what was going on, but the game works like a dream now. It was either Windows 11 or my antivirus that was causing the issue. I fixed both so I don't know which one it was. Though I did have my origin accounts password mysteriously changed a couple of hours ago and I do not recall doing so (that was before I started messing with my antivirus). Whatever it was, it's fixed now.