Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things never before implemented?

SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
edited December 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What is something never before implemented - completely new - that you’d like to see in TS4 or TS5? I’d like:

- Customized Traits with game impact
- Ice Hockey (skating-style + teams + practice & games)
- Parkour
- Alpine Search & Rescue teams/helicopters

(: Your turn now!

Z5yqGx5.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    Comprehensive performing arts: various versions of the game have had some performing careers and skills, but I'd like to see a full performing arts pack that would include dance (ballet, modern, jazz), theater, orchestra, jazz bands, choirs and singing ensembles. It seems that the arts just don't get much representation in Sims.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    LOVE the idea of customizable traits! Never, ever thought of that, but that would ah-mazing!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I’d love to simulate different time periods in history with a setting in the game options.

Also murder.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I'd like to see gradual ageing with height changes, so little toddlers, kids, teens would slowly look older and grow taller. Maybe a tiny difference each sim day. And adult sims would slowly gain wrinkles and grey hairs as they aged towards elder.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Buy/Build
    • Water heaters
    • Swimming pool filters
    • Lawn mowers

CAS
    • Body freckles
    • Pre-teens
    • Mid adults

Build tools
    • Attics
    • Garden sheds
    • Under stair storage (dressers, shelves, bookshelves)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - volcano worship, or at least exploration/study
    - customizable season length. Would love it we could have a 365 days sims year.
    - working playable airline travel complete with airport neighbourhood, duty free shopping, in flight peanuts, woohoo, etc.
    - working playable train travel, with regular seats, sleeping car and dining/ bar cars. Train stations too.
    - Banking system, personal accounts, loans, fake cheques and wire fraud.
    - Opera singing skill and career, with concert hall/ theater performance options. No tipping please for highly skilled singers, they work for a fee or free if it's a charity concert.
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing
    - chocolate making skill, complete with chocolatier career and chocolate recipes and bon bon gift boxes.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Polyamourous relationships, werevamps, and ice hockey.
    edited December 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - working playable airline travel complete with airport neighbourhood, duty free shopping, in flight peanuts, woohoo, etc.
    - working playable train travel, with regular seats, sleeping car and dining/ bar cars. Train stations too.
    - Opera singing skill and career, with concert hall/ theater performance options. No tipping please for highly skilled singers, they work for a fee or free if it's a charity concert.
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing
    - chocolate making skill, complete with chocolatier career and chocolate recipes and bon bon gift boxes.

As someone who is allergic to nuts as well as have other allergies, I DON’T want peanuts in the game when it comes to “The Sims 4”. No offense but that suggestion is totally insensitive to those with nut allergies. That and the banking system with fake checks, wire frauds, loans and personal accounts sounds too complicated. Other than that, I found your trains suggestion a good suggestion for the game.
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

As someone who is allergic to nuts as well as have other allergies, I DON’T want peanuts in the game when it comes to “The Sims 4”. No offense but that suggestion is totally insensitive to those with nut allergies. That and the banking system with fake checks, wire frauds, loans and personal accounts sounds too complicated. Other than that, I found your trains suggestion a good suggestion for the game.

They could definitely add a nut intolerance trait in the game, like the lactose intolerance. Virtual nuts are guaranteed to not give you an allergic reaction, so no need to get offended.
    edited December 2021
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

They could definitely add a nut intolerance trait in the game, like the lactose intolerance. Virtual nuts are guaranteed to not give you an allergic reaction, so no need to get offended.

I am offended because you’re not considering how serious adding peanuts and other nuts in the game is. Some People with nut allergies can’t breathe around and near nuts and need to see the doctor when exposed to nuts, it’s so serious that some people die due to nut allergies.
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

I am offended because you’re not considering how serious adding peanuts and other nuts in the game is. Some People with nut allergies can’t breathe around and near nuts and need to see the doctor when exposed to nuts, it’s so serious that some people die due to nut allergies.

In-game nuts are not real. They cannot harm you. If you start hyperventilating while thinking about nuts, it's not an allergic reaction.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I have lots of ideas. Like underwater houses, flying houses, alien world, alien objects and cas items, fantasy world, new sim ages like young teens, new sim humanoids like elves, new pets like rabbits, new jobs, a dlc of go to school for kids and teens, customizable seasons, customizable jobs, more sim traits :):)
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited December 2021
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

My gosh. My list of food allergies is longer than the list of things I can eat. If I insisted on the game eliminating all my allergens, you wouldn’t be allowed to have any in-game melons, gluten/bread/pasta/cupcakes/doughnuts/cookies/pie/cake, anything with soy (including soup, salad dressings and sauces) practically all Asian foods, tomatoes, peas, watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges… anyway, you get the idea. Thing is, my Sims aren’t me. They can eat what they want. Other people aren’t me. They don’t have my allergies. They can eat what they want. And, I’m not offended that they do.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member

I am allergic to latex and related items (I also just found out a year ago that I have asthma which is probably triggered by other foods. I haven't been tested yet to see exactly what), I am NOT offended that peanuts are in the game. It's a VIRTUAL game. Latex gloves are in Get To Work and this has never offended me or caused me to have an anaphylactic reaction to the game. It was in fact the first EP I purchased for the game.

• ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

CHOCOLATE!!! DANCE!!!🤩🤩🤩
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member
    Maybe comic making? Draw webtoon and got loyal fee like how we got by write book and make program?
    We never got flute Saxophone Harmonica Harp or Theremin Trumpet before.
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Woodwind instruments
    Brass instruments
    Orchestra class for students

Basically, better preforming arts than just "rock star".
    edited December 2021
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

In-game nuts are not real. They cannot harm you. If you start hyperventilating while thinking about nuts, it's not an allergic reaction.

You're not understanding where I am coming from. I am NOT hyperventilating about it, I don't think it should be in the game and find it insensitive towards people who have allergies to nuts. I know people with nuts and am allergic to nuts myself. I find your response offensive. Just because it's a virtual game, DOES NOT mean nuts should be included in the game.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I would love a revamped singing career to return. Along with it a more comprehensive award show specifically for music that isn't geared to instrumental music alone. Let's allow some of those written lyrics to get the attention they deserve. Top four awards: Best New Artist; Record of the Year, single; Song of the Year, written; and Album of the Year. It should be possible for one artist to make a clean-sweep. Best song could also be in there, but there should also be genres for each of the Top Four. Best Pop; Best Pop Solo Performance; Best Pop Vocal Album, etc. If the Devs want those tight pants awards in there, too, I wouldn't cry. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

You're not understanding where I am coming from. I am NOT hyperventilating about it, I don't think it should be in the game and find it insensitive towards people who have allergies to nuts. I know people with nuts and am allergic to nuts myself. I find your response offensive. Just because it's a virtual game, DOES NOT mean nuts should be included in the game.

With this thought in mind I suggest you petition EA to remove all possible allergens from the game because we don't want to offend anyone, not just those who are allergic to nuts. That would be considered discrimination and we definitely don't want that.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    active school
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

I believe we should be able to plant all kind of nuts. We already have coconuts! Some nuts are quite rich in omega-3 oils which is great for the ‘ol ticker and apparently they also help fight depression! Fun gameplay would be if they added interactive squirrels (or monkeys) which - depending on relationship status- either help collect nuts ( like bunnies helping in the garden) or steal your sim’s nuts. When the latter happens, a sim could get a moodlet saying “Going Nuts!”.
    We never had Interactive Squirrels or Monkeys in a main Sims title before, did we? So there’s an idea.

As for allergies, I’m sure the team won’t code that into it, same way they didn’t with, say, sims eating apples and pears from apple and pear trees. To some people those kinda fruits could be lethal in real-life, but I haven’t heard of any cases of game code allergy related deaths yet.

Nuts would be completely harmless. Plus we should be able to use those Nutcrackers we got with Season I think? Bit of cross pack compatibility. Right now those lads are just standing there being absolutely useless. I’d say they’d love a few nutcracking jobs.
    Also have sims decorate with nuts or create bird feeders.

A fun kids game would be “Conkers”. It’s a game in which each opponent has a horse chestnut (conker) on a string and the goal is to break the other person’s horse chestnut by swinging the nut back and forth. Over where I live we even have Conker Festivals, so there’s another fun idea for yet another in-game festival!

I want banks only if we can organize bank heists. I have no interest in saving money in a bank in the Sims 4. I want to be able to rob it while wearing a Bobba Fett costume.

The addition of a “touchy” trait might be interesting. Sims who have that trait could randomly generate the “offended” moodlet. For example, that sim could be looking at a fruit bowl, a bed, a bonfire, a cat or a peanut plant and suddenly get tense or sad or angry for the rest of the day. A bit like the hotheaded trait, but affecting most emotions. The only way to remove the “offended” moodlet for that sim is to hop into build mode and delete all the objects that caused offense. That’ll give us hours and hours of gameplay.

Not sure about trains though. Many accidents happen with trains. Might be a bit insensitive to folks who witnessed or were involved in something terrible related to trains.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'd like to see

- ice hockey
    - cave exploration
    - Tango dancing
    - rock and roll dancing

I believe we should be able to plant all kind of nuts. We already have coconuts! Some nuts are quite rich in omega-3 oils which is great for the ‘ol ticker and apparently they also help fight depression! Fun gameplay would be if they added interactive squirrels (or monkeys) which - depending on relationship status- either help collect nuts ( like bunnies helping in the garden) or steal your sim’s nuts. When the latter happens, a sim could get a moodlet saying “Going Nuts!”.
    We never had Interactive Squirrels or Monkeys in a main Sims title before, did we? So there’s an idea.

As for allergies, I’m sure the team won’t code that into it, same way they didn’t with, say, sims eating apples and pears from apple and pear trees. To some people those kinda fruits could be lethal in real-life, but I haven’t heard of any cases of game code allergy related deaths yet.

Nuts would be completely harmless. Plus we should be able to use those Nutcrackers we got with Season I think? Bit of cross pack compatibility. Right now those lads are just standing there being absolutely useless. I’d say they’d love a few nutcracking jobs.
    Also have sims decorate with nuts or create bird feeders.

A fun kids game would be “Conkers”. It’s a game in which each opponent has a horse chestnut (conker) on a string and the goal is to break the other person’s horse chestnut by swinging the nut back and forth. Over where I live we even have Conker Festivals, so there’s another fun idea for yet another in-game festival!

I want banks only if we can organize bank heists. I have no interest in saving money in a bank in the Sims 4. I want to be able to rob it while wearing a Bobba Fett costume.

The addition of a “touchy” trait might be interesting. Sims who have that trait could randomly generate the “offended” moodlet. For example, that sim could be looking at a fruit bowl, a bed, a bonfire, a cat or a peanut plant and suddenly get tense or sad or angry for the rest of the day. A bit like the hotheaded trait, but affecting most emotions. The only way to remove the “offended” moodlet for that sim is to hop into build mode and delete all the objects that caused offense. That’ll give us hours and hours of gameplay.

Not sure about trains though. Many accidents happen with trains. Might be a bit insensitive to folks who witnessed or were involved in something terrible related to trains.

Well then they have to make sure not to add cars lots of bad things happen in cars.
    Lets not go down that road.
    Anyway back on topic a grim reaper job has never been done before.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member

Well then they have to make sure not to add cars lots of bad things happen in cars.
    Lets not go down that road.

Anyway back on topic a grim reaper job has never been done before.

Yes but they’ll HAVE to add cars because ME, MYSELF and I want them.
    I also want planes, trains and… helicopters and motorbikes. I’m not really concerned about anyone else. I was only “considering” other people’s *ahem* feelings. After all I’m the only one playing my game, thank goodness for that. I’d have so many nut harvestables growing all over the place they’d be blocking the train tracks and causing traffic jams. The mayhem, the mayhem. 😅

A Grim Reaper career would be a wonderful addition to the game. More deaths and a Netherworld.
    Reapers could be getting around quicker in their The Reaper Mobile, which is unlocked at a higher career level. That way reapers are able to collect and transport more souls to the Netherworld. We’d have all different kinds of Reaper Mobiles of-course, ones that could suit different eras.

And Ponies. Never had ponies before. I’m talking about those really small furry ones that only little people can sit on. They could pull a weeny wagon with two toddlers.
    And if you feed them fairycubes they’d sprout tiny wings and fly around the garden. Like little horse cherubs. ❤️
  • SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    (: Nice that so many of you also want to see Ice Hockey implemented! Some other really great ideas as well, so keep posting!

Another major thing I'd personally like is CAS divided into two more equal sections (50/50) between Personality & Looks (since so much more could still be done sim-personalitywise in my opinion...) Not everyone wants to spend all that time in CAS just to get the perfect haircolor or find the right socks, right?

If we could spend some of that CAS-time building more unique and also convincing personalities with real game-impact instead, I think many with me would be thrilled.
    Z5yqGx5.png