Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Medieval Discussion Thread

2...Next

Comments

• Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I play occasionally. But I haven't played this month.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Just started playing again, so I'll answer this one once more ;)

1. Still blacksmith :)
    2. Probably knights.
    3. Grimmauld.
    4. Lady Hermione Granger. I have just started a Harry Potter themed kingdom :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Just got the game yesterday, really love how the sims look. I wish Sims 3 had this level of detail :s

Screenshot.jpg
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Just got the game yesterday, really love how the sims look. I wish Sims 3 had this level of detail :s

Screenshot.jpg
    I would kill to have this skin in TS3, something about it is so much better than the default skin in 3 and honestly better than some custom skins to. But alas apparently it's not possible...
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I read a developer blog about the textures for TSM, and they were going for an "oil painting" effect. I'll see if I can dig up the article again, but I agree it's an effective style, and helps give each of my Heros a distinct feel.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    edited November 2021
    I started playing yesterday ;) I really shouldn't have, because I'm way behind with most RL tasks including TS4 progress, but who can resist a deluxe version at §10?. I was a tin y bit disappointed with graphics, but guess guess I should blame my built in vid card.

I'm playing a Monarch, trying to follow a story based on the backstory of my TS4 game, taking a few screenies to use with CC paintings in TS4 later. It's much harder than I thought to follow a preset storyline, so I might skip that bit in a while. Right now the King married and had his first child, my problem is to free his wife from the Shopkeeper "job". I was expecting her to be replaced as she moved to the castle. Is there a way to quit your job?

I also thought I could play the Merchant after creating her and adjusting the market square, but I found no other option than keep playing the Monarch. I solved only 2 quests this far though, maybe I need to play more before I can switch Hero?
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    My sister and I have rediscovered Sims Medieval. I need an alternative to Sims 4 everyday, everyday, so we are loading up SM. I loved playing this game and loved the RPG element. The dialogue is hilarious, and many times I would bust out laughing it was so cute and funny.

I loved playing the Physician and will probably return to that character.

Happy Simming!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • AeroFunk1021AeroFunk1021 Posts: 4 New Member
    1. What is your favorite hero/profession?
    2. What is your least favorite hero/profession?
    3. What is your current kingdom's name?
    4. Who is your monarch?

My answers:
    1. Knight
    2. Jacobian Priest
    3. Sardonia
    4. Queen Saliira Kai
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm playing it recently and I, of course, subjecting my Sims to my usual brand of chaoticness.

UNoUGYa.jpg

(for context, this is my Monarch after he has knocked out my Merchant and is brawling my Bard)

I legit like the game a bunch so far, and its take on the Sims style of gameplay is certainly unique. While the structure of the ambition system is a bizarre choice that leaves a lot to be desired (let me use the same characters for the rest of the ambitions! plus repeating the same quests across all different ambitions is lame!), I really enjoy how I can assign roles to my cast of characters, and how I can partake on assignments that involve them, focused on one of them. I love the RPG aspects of the game such as the basic leveling up and I really wish they were expanded upon, they are so promising! Plus, the Sims in this game look so much better than The Sims 3. I don't hate the look of Sims 3 Sims per se, but I definitely think their appearance and textures just look better.

unMdXo7.jpg

Of course mods make everything better.

As so far, my favorite classes? I've played as only the Monarch, Bard, Merchant, and Doctor so far. Monarch is fun for chaotic reasons because I play as a complete tyrant jerk so I've literally thrown Sim after Sim to the stocks for the stupidest of reasons, had an extremely rough start as the Merchant because I played as him while he was still marked for arrest for the pettiest of reasons (he's not the type to shirk his duties at all, the monarch just didn't like the color red...but he always wears red...!!) so I had to get locked up while I was first starting out, this isn't good when you want to get sales as the merch, lol! Doctor has a lot of collecting stuff, such as leeches and valorant roots, but his playstyle was otherwise relaxing as at least he didn't need to socialize with other people. One daily responsibility that annoyed me as the Merchant was the one where you had to bribe a Guildsman and buy 100 dollars for a sword, but I never figured out how to buy 100 dollars for the sword from him, I never see that option pop up on him. I think Bard stood out the least, though, but I still like him a lot.

I haven't played the rest so no opinion on the others yet!

My kingdom is named Weefopia, after the King, "Wario's Friend", who is the jerkish ugly Sim with terrible fashion choice that permeates every Sim game I play. I do make the same Sims in every Sims installment I play so it's interesting to see them in different incarnations across different Sim games!
    A1hnP0t.png
  • JinxIndigoJinxIndigo Posts: 45 Member
    1.What is your favorite hero/profession: Wizard of course. I love fantasy settings and I love to play wizard in dnd also. Learning new spells, creating potions and crafting wands, it was amazing.
    2. What is your least favorite hero/profession: Priests. My kingdom was mostly agnostic and neither I and my monarch didnt pay attention to religion.
    3. What is your current kingdom's name: Aroeloth, a kingdom ruled by a witch empress.
    4. Who is your monarch: Crimson the Witch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top