Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

October 26th - Inside Maxis Livestream

1235...Next

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not particularly excited for scenarios. I have a big imagination and I like to use it.
    I guess they are trying to add more challenges for players who want it.
    Anyone know what mobility is?

Apart from that it was a really pleasant stream! I enjoyed it. And loved the gurus sharing their stories 🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Not particularly excited for scenarios. I have a big imagination and I like to use it.

Apart from that it was a really pleasant stream! I enjoyed it. And loved the gurus sharing their stories 🙂

I think it's something related to disabilities. But yeah I will wait for the blog post on Friday to see if scenarios is something I will use
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    I think I'll go play Planet Zoo for the next few years.

i love that game just not very good at it.

I love it too but I haven't played in a long time. I have trouble switching between the sims controls and planet zoo. But if I just play planet zoo I should be fine.

Anyway, in case you haven't seen yet, the sneak peak was them adding scenarios (you can read the thread in the discussion thread) and taking a hairstyle from a pack and adding it to base game.

Really cutting edge stuff.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I think I'll go play Planet Zoo for the next few years.

i love that game just not very good at it.

I love it too but I haven't played in a long time. I have trouble switching between the sims controls and planet zoo. But if I just play planet zoo I should be fine.

Anyway, in case you haven't seen yet, the sneak peak was them adding scenarios (you can read the thread in the discussion thread) and taking a hairstyle from a pack and adding it to base game.

Really cutting edge stuff.

they relesed a game called life stories scsnarios reminds me of that. i have life stories.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I think it's something related to disabilities. But yeah I will wait for the blog post on Friday to see if scenarios is something I will use

Ohhhhh that would be interesting! I wonder what it is exactly. With how controversial the disabilities topic is among simmers I'm surprised
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Ohhhhh that would be interesting! I wonder what it is exactly. With how controversial the disabilities topic is among simmers I'm surprised

They were just addressing a petition that was going around I think
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited October 2021
    This was a very disappointing and lackluster livestream. The Simgurus who hosted it were fine, and I enjoyed the creator chat but the upshot of it is that there is next to no new content or gameplay coming to TS4 for the next few months at least.

We're not getting the missing Industrial Loft Kit window until the end of November (and then it is a basegame update). There is going to be a new delivery system which will allow for the delivery of small things like a new hair or cas item or build mode object. This really seems like an excuse not to do patches with patch notes and bug fixes. Speaking of bug fixes there was no list of bug fixes for the next patch at all, so apparently they have stopped trying to make major improvements or fixes at least for the time being.

The new feature is Scenarios. I'm not very interested in this type of game play so it seems empty and shallow to me. However if it comes with something unexpected like orchestrated events, new socials and animations, or different opportunities and rewards, it might be better than it seems. The demonstration of it, though, was boring and made it seem just like a regular Rags to Riches challenge. It already exists outside the game if you want to play this way. It's a tiny UI update with a goal and aspiration points as a final reward. It would be far more interesting if it allowed you to unlock new objects or interactions. Traits don't necessarily affect it and the two options were not of any interest to me.

I am still disappointed that we don't seem to be getting a new pack, whether a game pack or Expansion pack, any time soon. Kits just don't cut it, although I have really liked the items in the latest two. However, they would have been far better if they were part of a fashion game pack or something bigger. The cultural representation they create is really shallow without a world, foods or relevant cultural activities etc. I guess we have to hope the 2nd update will be much bigger and better than this tiny shallow UI update.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I still think that 4 is at it's end... First kits, then pack updates, now bug fixes being released in drops without full game updates... That's what i think... Im happy to be wrong though.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    ConcernedApe (the creator of Stardew Valley) premiered a new game in development last week on YouTube out of the blue. There were at least 15k of us watching it live and it was extremely successful. I didn’t see one bad comment anywhere.

Today there were just over 6k viewers on The Sims Twitch livestream even though it was announced in advance and started late. The feedback isn’t good overall. Not good at all.

I wish The Sims Team would take a look at what ConcernedApe is doing right in his games (“the spice, the sauce”) because that’s what we are missing. It’s hard to fathom how a huge team can’t please its fans while one guy singlehandedly creates masterpieces and has a community that absolutely adores him.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited October 2021
    babajayne wrote: »
    I wish The Sims Team would take a look at what ConcernedApe is doing right in his games (“the spice, the sauce”) because that’s what we are missing. It’s hard to fathom how a huge team can’t please its fans while one guy singlehandedly creates masterpieces and has a community that absolutely adores him.

This is a seven year old game in a twenty-one year old franchise. Personally, I was busy during the LS. Also, I am hard of hearing, and prefer to read a good recap (I read better than I hear) of Sims streams after the fact.

Do you have commentary about the game or the features discussed? Is Maxis a social media studio, or a game studio? What specific improvements do you have in mind? Or is this really just a free ad for Stardewd?

I was hoping to find a good recap in this thread. This info does me no good at all.
    This was a very disappointing and lackluster livestream. The Simgurus who hosted it were fine, and I enjoyed the creator chat but the upshot of it is that there is next to no new content or gameplay coming to TS4 for the next few months at least.

Yes, we knew that. The roadmap for this half of 2021 is focused on fixes and updates to existing content. They are getting out their metaphorical nit-picks and combing through the old code. Given complaints about longstanding bugs, and the fact that every new release complexifies QA issues exponentially, this is a sensible investment in the longevity of the game.

Also, base game updates are new gameplay. They just aren't game PACKS or expansions.

But main point, they had already told us in an August (?) 411 that the roadmap at present is focused on refining content we already have, and bringing it up to speed.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Gosh HOW BORING!? You don't give us an EP, I thought this was because huge gameplay was about to come! Just scenarios with pointless goal except ''satisfaction points'' & a hairstyle we paid for before? What about freaking emotions overhaul, better personalities, updated babies, cars!!??

I feel the same, I was expecting to hear about updated babies, cars, turn on and turn offs or more romance features. At least the could have told us what The 2 new kits would be, or which other packs they are refreshing. I just hope they have been spending this time working on the numerous bugs the game has, especially the game breaking bugs like the plants reverting back to dirt. And I play a vanilla game, no mods, no CC, but I do own all the packs and several things have been broken recently.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited October 2021
    Sindocat wrote: »
    babajayne wrote: »

This is a seven year old game in a twenty-one year old franchise. Personally, I was busy during the LS. Also, I am hard of hearing, and prefer to read a good recap (I read better than I hear) of Sims streams after the fact.

Do you have commentary about the game or the features discussed? Is Maxis a social media studio, or a game studio? What specific improvements do you have in mind? Or is this really just a free ad for Stardewd?

I was hoping to find a good recap in this thread. This info does me no good at all.
    If I was posting an ad I would have mentioned the title of ConcernedApe’s new game. It’s my commentary about how different the two fanbases receive and react to the developers. The gurus kept saying they had exciting things to share, but it went over like a lead balloon. Five pages into this thread, you expected me to bring a detailed summary of that livestream? OK, I’ll try.

There was a very long interview with 4 Latin American simmers talking about how they got into the game, how it has changed their lives, and what they love about their cultures. This was the part I most enjoyed. But I think most of us were waiting for news and teasers. They did show one piece of art that will be added in an update.

We saw Sims fan art from a competition an outside company had that works to make game setups for players with disabilities.

The 411 covered “we hear you” on the mobility petition (disabilities in the game), they reiterated that they are researching pronouns (they said this a year ago, shouldn’t they be further along this project?), and they could not confirm or deny future pack refreshes.

(Eta: forgot this part) They introduced a new way of adding content to the game without it having to wait for the next patch. It’s called Sims Delivery Express. This is supposed to make it easy to add new CAS stuff, new BB stuff, and tiny bug fixes supposedly without affecting mods. I guess we’ll see.

The big base game update is Scenarios, which is a new part of the UI that we can choose on the initial loading screen. The one they showed was “Making Money” and the text laid out the scenario: start with zero simoleons (after your sim moves into any lot they want), and make 1,000,000 simoleons to complete the scenario. I’m not sure if we missed anything because the presenter’s facecam covered part of the UI he was showing us. But it seems like a glorified notification reminder that one is doing a Rags to Riches challenge, which players have been doing with greater self-imposed restrictions for years and years. While there could be potential with a feature like this, what we saw was very lackluster and the reward wasn’t clear to me. I drew comparisons with the old “TSR Challenges” in the dedicated thread for scenarios in General Discussion- that thread should give you an idea on how that reveal went.

Then the “sneak peek” at what the patch will bring was another textured hairstyle ripped from DLC that will now be in the base game in the name of representation. They did try to address this in the 411 in response to “why does some DLC get put in the base game for free” but I believe the controversy remains because not everything they’ve moved to base game was related to representation.

That’s all I recall off the top of my head. HIH
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited October 2021
    The Fan Art winners I found here
    https://onespecialday.org.uk/one-special-game-fan-art-winners-revealed/

There was a video link at the bottom of the page there too which shows other entries for The Sims and all the games.
    Congratulations to our Tazreen Tasnim

I love the Fall Guy ones. I might go and play it! :)
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Did I miss some sort of Latin American Day thing? Like is it National or International Latin American History week, or something along those lines? I'm just trying to figure out why the spotlight on Latin American sims players (which is great, and interesting to listen to) when the most recent kits were focused on Mumbai and Korean style clothing. Why not interview some Korean or Indian, or South East Asian in general, players? I feel like I have to be missing something here?
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
  • Darstep0301Darstep0301 Posts: 745 Member
    > @GirlFromIpanema said:
    > https://twitter.com/SimGuruDuck/status/1452701554226581505?s=20
    >
    > Ooh, something exciting. I wonder what it could be. :smile:

I hope the something exciting is that in the sims 4 household npc's like Johnny Zest will go to work instead of ringing my doorbell or at home when he should be working like it was in the TS3 version.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Scenarios ? I mean I was hoping for something else. We’ve been telling them for ages we want Generations, cars etc…..also how about that high school idea that was in one of the surveys, that would be nice.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I don't think the devs listen very much. Simmers have been asking for:
    Babies upgrades
    Cars
    Drums
    Elves
    Fairies
    Generations
    Genies
    Horses
    Medieval World
    Permanent Plantsims