Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you prefer new packs or game improvements?

Reposted to add another option :) Seen a lot of debate on this in the community so I figured I'd make a poll on it

Would you prefer new packs or game improvements? 201 votes

I'd prefer it if they focused on new content. There are new packs I want to see more than updates
10%
IcewolfPlayerSinger2010PeachesnDucksinvisiblgirlFlashMarkerJerrelloduhboy2u2kiwi84elelunicyBabykittyjadeOnverser83bienchenchaccePlainevilSimskristalogionDaepheneRhain420ZoeyevesterWolfnightsinger 21 votes
I don't mind them making less packs but the recent improvements aren't enough to make it worth it
15%
crocobauraimhappyfreindlylolGrandRailHarukotyanhalloweenchildbixtersAPottsKurotardsnoepjes1210MarkwilsonEnkiSchmidtMinx11Jordan061102SimsSlaybirdonawiregrassharpSERVERFRAsuvoltaSeklein112 31 votes
I don't want to see any new packs until the core of the game and existing packs are completely fixed
18%
SimCrazyMstybl95Rochertalanmichael1monjr8302Lustianiciaemeremotdkjbonks_4SweetieWright_84fiercephoenix91WaytoomanyUIDstexxx78catmando830Susim62sunblondMDianaSimsDominicLaurenceStrawberryYogurtEricasFreePlay 38 votes
I'm happy to wait for more packs while they work on updates for the base game and pack refreshes
44%
CK213Goldmoldaralexspoom13Cabelle1863linds2010CamkatMelisendreTheSpotted_CIsb917grannyfay08Lavasm77Bloosmooauricio288cornflake88babajayneCaitxcatSnuffyBucketsimgirl1010LadyDecafloubyloulou 89 votes
I'm happy with the game as it is so I don't mind what they do
1%
Brd709JueJueKimmer 3 votes
Other...
9%
auroraael14GalacticGalkeekee53friendlysimmersashcrash19taydevDaravicyncieOldeseadoggeSheriSim57Colton147147RedShoe7ddd994Atreya33GlacierSnowSeashoreLiviaCatzillaCalico45JunkyPoem 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'd prefer it if they focused on new content. There are new packs I want to see more than updates
    For me personally I'm not that interested in updates. There's a few things I'd like to see like Dine Out actually working without mods and some more hair colors, but things like Spa Day getting a few more items and recolored base game furniture isn't interesting me at all. My top wants for the game are new packs, specifically hotels, some more international worlds and the rest of the occults.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,085 Member
    I'm happy with the game as it is so I don't mind what they do
    I'd like to see some building updates added to the base game such as more terrain tools and make it so the terrain blends in with the walls when risen instead of seeing a huge gap around the walls and the raised terrain.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    I'm happy to wait for more packs while they work on updates for the base game and pack refreshes
    Thanks for adding that option :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    There are only a few things I actively want in terms of Game or Expansion packs. Everything else is gravy so I'm fine with taking a quarter or two off from major pack releases while they improve the base game and refresh older packs.

That's not to say I wouldn't welcome new Game and Expansion packs, it just doesn't bother me if they take time off to focus on other stuff.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I have plenty of existing content to keep me fully occupied for the next few months and beyond.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2021
    Updates are relying a lot on the existing game and for you to use those updates to make your game more interesting, I don't find the "core" base game that much interesting any more so smaller updates (and kits) are not enough for me.

Packs are designed to offer a new experience and expand the game which works better for me. They usually have more development put into them as well. New sims, new worlds, new gameplay, new ways to build, new ways to play. It makes me interested to play the game.

If these updates and game improvements can offer something similar to that, then maybe, but I doubt that will be the case...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    logion wrote: »
    New sims, new worlds, new gameplay, new ways to build, new ways to play. It makes me interested to play the game.

Don't forget new bugs. 😄

I don't experience many but hoping we don't see a lot from the updates.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    and I don't want to see any new packs until the core of the game and existing packs are completely fixed. I'm mix of these two.

I think most of the things I want such as swimmable waters added in already existing neighbourhoods, kids being able to play tag, hide and seek and maybe pillow fights, more interactable objects in neighbourhoods (more exploring), improved mermaids and things like that might come in pack refreshes. I also know those things may never make it to the game, but I'm still interested in the pack refreshes. I want to see the already existing content to get better.

Improving base game is also important and most of all I want bug fixes, so I don't mind waiting. I'm curious about new packs, but I already have a lot of content and a lot to play, so it should be something very well done that I really want in my game. Otherwise I'll just skip it.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Other...
    I like to see both. I like updates, especially those that add more than just a few objects or cas items but I also enjoy a decent pack every now and then. I really liked the spa update, the aspirations gave me something to do. I hope we can get some decent new gameplay for the game before the end of the year, either a pack (not a kit, please) or a beefy update.

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I am more than happy to wait. The game needs fixing. And to be quite honest I haven't even fully explored Snowy Escape yet and I have a lot of exploring to do with Cottage Living as well!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited October 2021
    Tricky question as I still really want my romance pack and I want dragons for @Gordy too

but if its literally anything else it can wait I would rather have pack refreshes or base game updates to make things better for everyone

+ most things i do want sound more suitable for update like say memory system or townie controls or something
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I wish would could get more worlds in the base game that are influenced by the kits, like a world base on India and I feel we need another South American world where sims can live.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2021
    There isn't really anything I drastically need in my game pack wise anymore so anything they add now for me is just a bonus. Not particularly eager for bands or werewolves. Faeries I'm 50/50 on. So I'm ok with updates and refreshes.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other...
    i vote for other the more packs are made more fun for the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't mind them making less packs but the recent improvements aren't enough to make it worth it
    For me, nail polish doesn't cut it. If they were adding improved babies or cars, then I would be happy to go without a new EP. But if all we're getting is shallow "refreshes" and Kits with a few new outfits, then I am dissatisfied on all fronts.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Other...
    I wouldn't mind waiting for packs while they work on free updates, bugs, and pack refreshes. I just wish they were more open and clear about it so we know what to expect and what not to expect.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Other...
    I chose “other.” I definitely want to see improvements in the base game, but new content is always exciting. For those of us who can’t or don’t buy every pack, though, the updates and free content are a welcome addition.
  • Options
    Sprinkles257Sprinkles257 Posts: 7 New Member
    I love the Sims 4 and I have fun with it, but I'm aware that it isn't perfect. I would definitely rather have base game updates instead of packs, but some of the packs are fun, too. ^^
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    New content.

The updates haven't been anything I care about, nor have the kits.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Other...
    100% depends on the content. I want some packs more than updates and some updates more than packs.

Nice C&D refresh? Not only would I wait a year without other stuff, but I'd pay. Cars? Meh. Restrictive attraction? Turn it off!
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited October 2021
    Other...
    I like improvements AND new packs. I want it all.
    Post edited by Catzilla on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't want to see any new packs until the core of the game and existing packs are completely fixed
    I want them to fix and improve what we already have.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Other...
    Both improvements and new packs. Aside from kits can’t stand them. This year we’ve had one EP, one SP, and no GP’s (unless I forgot), but we’ve had 9 kits that are all just game accessories and no real gameplay. I applaud their pack refresh and additions to the base game, but please continue with EP’s and GP’s at the very least. They’re objectively much better than kits. I said what I said..
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Other...
    I hope they are working on bug fixes right now. I play a vanilla game but have plants reverting to dirt which is game breaking for me. I’m fine if they are putting out kits while they are working on bugs. But I would love to see refreshed packs , updates, and bigger packs once they get the current kinks out
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Other...
    I shouldn't have to pick. They should have a team working on fixes, team working on new content, team working on quick updates, stuff pack and game pack team etc.... This is EA not some Indie dev team that we need to be patient with. Just my opinion though...