Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the gender-specific doors ?

Comments

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    No
    Unisex toilets are a more efficient use of space.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited October 2021
    No
    I think I tried them out when GTW was newly launched, but using them means committing to at least two similar rooms in practice. If I can build just one instead, it is my default approach. I would need an extra special reason to do more.
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Yes
    Yes, because in my game those npc townies really like to public woohoo in gym showers.

They should get a private room. ;)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    I use the gender-neutral door, and will have several single-occupant restrooms or changing rooms or showers, as needed.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited November 2021
    Yes
    That is to say I used to. I had no idea they were double-sided. I've only ever seen the single gender early on. Now, all I can find is the gender neutral, as it were, doors. I'll have to try to reverse them to see if it makes a difference!

Got my chance to test them out. They are NO markings on one side, the other side has both genders depicted. Face/palm.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Of course, as a one-way door… It's a trap.
    Actually, I tend to not use them for most venues, but the option to use it as a trap was too much to resist selecting.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    No
    No and I change them to neutral if I download a lot with them.
    Although I may now use them on a certain room in one of my vampires houses, thank you whoever mentioned doing that!
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    Yes, my male and female Sims need separate bathrooms and changing rooms. :innocent:
    Post edited by Simtanium on
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Yes
    Yes and no. I have gender specific doors for only one build I made ages ago but haven’t used them since.
  • SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Yes
    I typically use unisex, but sometimes the context of the build makes sense.

I was trying to build a gay bar to recruit potential boyfriends for my sim, so I used the men's door as the front door. It didn't work. Only women showed up, and had a dance party outside. My gay sim is still single.

lol, I like this idea. I remember making a gay bar in TS2. I wish they would add some of sort of option on venues to let us do this.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    No
    no if i create a house i use regular doors and would use regular doors if i create a lot
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    No
    @KathMHughes Your gay bar may still require a few stalwart lesbians to serve as bartender, bouncer, and general handyperson.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    I do, but for a specific reason. My vampires have specific feeding tastes. For example, I have a wealthy, well educated vampire who only finds it palatable to feed on wealthy female sims with college degrees. Having a door that he cannot follow his breakfast behind makes for a more interesting hunt as far as gameplay goes.
  • GameBoy2936GameBoy2936 Posts: 30 Member
    Yes
    Yes, it really helps and it's good that they're base game. And male/female bathrooms are different in real life so it makes sense to keep them seperate.
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    No
    No. I even edit them out of gallery builds. It's a practical gameplay thing for me, because I tend to play with cutaway walls and it gets frustrating to have to put them up just to make sure my sim is going in the proper door.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    No
    I said no because I would only use them in a gym or spa. Most times I just put unisex bathrooms.
  • mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I love building commercial lots.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but it depends on the lot. If it's a small lot with single stall loos then I'll use a regular door. If it's a big lot, or anywhere with a changing room then I'll use the sex specific doors.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    No
    I use the neutral doors some times. Definitely use it with the club (where Marcus belong, forgot the name of the club) because the women's restroom is the only thing on the second floor and with the stair glitch-- the ladies had no access.

Sunnyside Up Diner (I think that's the name), I will change to neutral also.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Sure, why not? I really wish I could also have gender/sex specific clubs as well. Kinda weird that it's not an option.
    #Team Occult
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    I don't have any unisex bathrooms for my public building builds. I do also deck out each gendered public restroom so I can easily tell which is which so playing with the partial walls feature is or walls down is not an issue.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    No
    I forgot that the real life bathroom door was gender specific the other day. Walked in on some guy at the urinal.

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Yes, but it depends on the lot. If it's a small lot with single stall loos then I'll use a regular door. If it's a big lot, or anywhere with a changing room then I'll use the sex specific doors.

This tends to be what I do too.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    No
    It’s just more convenient for my Sims to be able to go wherever, especially if I’m playing with the walls down.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    No
    I chose no because as a norm I don't. I use either normal doors or the specific neutral ones. Of course never in residential housing or a dorm/student housings.

I don't build really but I have redone interiors of several buildings to suit my worlds, both existing and downloaded. For instance I have converted a few residential buildings to a café, restaurants and others. Two downloaded gyms got changed into a community building/art museum and a museum/municipal building, respectively.

If a downloaded building does come with a gender specific bathrooms I might keep them in as is or change them. Depends on if I need the space of either bathrooms. I did seperate bathrooms in one of my restaurants but not for any other reasons except it looked good.

Otherwise, I don't really think about gender specificness for my community bathrooms.