Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alex Moyer/Baby Ariel?

SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
Do someone know what happen if you delete these two sims from Manage Households since they have a special immortal trait? I know Father Winter will eventualy respawn (with a new name/apparence) and Mrs. Crumplebottom too if you delete them, but these two?
Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Nothing will happen if you delete Alex; she was only meant to be the tutorial sim, anyway. If you delete Baby Ariel the game will spawn another sim to replace her, but the new one may not have the same name.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Thank you for replying. :) But do the respawn sim will still have the immortal trait?
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    Thank you for replying. :) But do the respawn sim will still have the immortal trait?

You're welcome. :) And yes, unfortunately (for me, anyway; I hate having "required" pre-mades of any kind) the game will keep looking for a sim that has the special hidden Baby Ariel trait, whether or not that sim shares the same name.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Thank you again. <3 So I will not delete them, because it will be harder to identify the next sim with the immortal trait.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    You can heavily edit Alex and Baby Ariel in CAS, making them practically unrecognizable, but the game will always respawn the latter in a new form. I suspect I'll be in for quite a surprise whenever one of my sims meets the "new" Ariel since I've long since forgotten which of my many personally-sculpted NPCs has the trait. Like "wait, you never told me you were immortal...can I have your earned potions of youth for myself, hon?"
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I delete Alex and turn Ariel into a vampire. Then it at least makes sense she's immortal.

Also, she's the only vampire that stays a teenager without cheats so, kinda cool I guess.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I turned baby Ariel into a mermaid and moved her into the shipwreck in Sulani. Alex is a chef and I’m okay with that.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    edited October 2021
    It's really strange to me how the game will respawn another immortal sim if you delete baby ariel, it's not like she has a special role like Father Winter.
    Post edited by Caitxcat on
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Huh. I never realized there was a special trait or respawn of Baby Ariel. Honestly, it makes her inclusion in the game more offensive. I don't like the thought of "real" people in my Sims sandbox so I always scrub my saves of anything remotely like that.

What is even the point? I guess I've been deleting the respawns with my regular townie purges, but what role does she even fill that is important enough to have something so persistent?
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,935 Member
    i deleted them i think
    and nothing really happened

but yeah some townie probably gets baby ariel trait don't care cause i never play with randomized townies and i just delete them everytime i play to clear up some of the household spam
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Huh. I never realized there was a special trait or respawn of Baby Ariel. Honestly, it makes her inclusion in the game more offensive. I don't like the thought of "real" people in my Sims sandbox so I always scrub my saves of anything remotely like that.

What is even the point? I guess I've been deleting the respawns with my regular townie purges, but what role does she even fill that is important enough to have something so persistent?

I agree. And she has no actually important role. She just spawns as an unhomed teen street guitarist with low guitar skills and a mysterious 4-star celebrity rating. Her subsequent other-named replacements have the same "qualities" (homeless teen girl with little actual talent or skill who is crazy famous for no apparent reason). Too accurate a likeness of the real one maybe? I have no idea; I'd never heard of her before the game version. The only "good" thing about her is that one might never run into her at all in the game as long as they stay away from the boulevard (especially the little park) in Del Sol Valley.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    They go poof, thank goodness.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    Nothing happens. I always delete them, simply because they're both recluses that you never actually see in gameplay
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think my game culled Baby Ariel and I didn't notice. I don't even remember Alex Moyer.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I have made my sim to marry Baby Ariel, at the same time I delete her hidden trait (not aging)
    However, I let Vlad to turn her in vampire after she has 2 children with my sim
    Back before I started deleting most pre-mades right away, I saw Alex a lot as a bartender or vendor in most of my saves. She was also out and about at bars and other public venues. I rarely saw Baby Ariel, though, unless I was playing a sim who was visiting or working in the downtown Del Sol area. In the case of my own up-and-coming celebs (who are actually skilled at their respective crafts), I learned not to bother trying any busking around that area because Baby Ariel inevitably showed up and started doing the same thing, quite rudely, at the same time right next to my sims. And of course that made my sims' audience suddenly flock to see the already-famous sim. Sooo annoying. :unamused:
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Someone should use Baby Ariel for the 100 baby challenge. It is kind of obnoxious that she is immortal.
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    I wonder if you can delete her and add her trait to a sim that you want to be immortal in the game?