Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use the Gender Options ?

124...Next

Comments

• d0ll_v0m1td0ll_v0m1t Posts: 23 Member
    Yes
    I personally think it's nice when i make lgbt sims because i can change one of their things and then they can have kids! It's also fun to make a pregnant man lol
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    edited October 2021
    Yes
    I've had many non-binary, trans, and gender non-conforming sims. It's great.

It does need work. Sims with female frames can't have facial hair. A transwoman who still has a masculine frame is forced to use male pronouns in the game. Some of the items are still not available regardless of gender, a few blouses, some accessories, and make up, even after removing gender tags.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No
    I don't because the gender of my sims matters very little to me. They're cute little pixels and that's where it ends in my head. That said, I'm really glad the options exist for people that they DO matter to. I feel like everyone should have the availability of their own gender and gender definition. Seems only fair to me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    Rarely
    I don't use it in gameplay, but I do use it when modding, so I actually changed the try for baby whim to not check the gender of the partners, but whethr on of them can impregnate and the other can be impregnated.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    LoveDesi wrote: »
    Once I wanted to give a female sim a beard. I haven't figured out how to do that. That made me very angry. I haven't used it since.

That would be interesting.. Lol!😁😂😂🤔

In order to have a "female" with a beard choose a male with a female frame, then sit when pee option and female clothing option. Also, you have to use force breast mod/cheat or they will look odd in female clothing. Because you chose first, Male base for the sim and a female frame you have a "female sim" with a beard. That is the only way I know how to create a "female" sim with facial hair.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    No
    I say no except that I don't let elderly men get others pregnant!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    edited October 2021
    Rarely
    I can't say I've ever used them. At least not that I can remember.

It's nice to have them for those who like to use them though.

Edit: I totally forgot about the pregnancy options being part of this. Now those I do use.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes
    I wouldn't say I actively use them super super often, but it's a pretty regular part of my game. I actually do a thing where every time a sim ages up to teen (and sometimes later age up also) I use a percentage number generator, and if it rolls certain numbers then I view it as that sim desiring to transition in some way. Then I'll randomly fiddle with the gender settings, either having them "fully" transition, "partially" transition, or have a more gender-fluid/non-binary thing going on (do wish we had some they/them pronoun settings for that, but ah well). The percentage I use is pretty low (it's somewhat reflective of the real life percentage of trans people we have right now) so it's not like it happens all that often necessarily, but if I play enough generations there's usually at least a couple in any given save. And I like that that dimension is always a possibility I can hold in the back of head for the stories and world. Just makes it feel more alive and real.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    I use the pregnancy settings a ton.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    Yes
    @FanPhoria cool, I've been doing something similar.
    Roll a number from 1 to 100 for gender identity: 1 to 95 is cisgender, 96-98 is transgender, 99 they have an anatomical/chromosomal intersex condition, 100 nonbinary (may or may not physiologically transition)
    Roll a number from 1 to 100 for sexual orientation: 1 to 75 is heterosexual, 76-90 bisexual/pansexual, 91-100 homosexual
    These are loosely based on the numbers from the general population. (Anatomical/chromosomal intersex conditions affect less than 1% of the population, but I did want a chance for them to appear randomly in my game.)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes I do, though I will admit that a good amount of my sims fully identify with the gender I give them. But I do have some sims that fall outside the gender binary. Ive even found some nice cc for FtM sims that have had a masectomy.
  • Tequila_Rose_13191Tequila_Rose_13191 Posts: 143 Member
    Yes
    Since I'm transmale I do use it a lot because I feel like the worlds feel a little more realistic with diversity. Instead of a completely cysgendered or binary world.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Rarely
    I use them sometimes and it depends on the what on the environment like an public place, in an residential home no.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes
    Hi,

5 years later, does anyone use this feature ?

So far, it's apparent that about twice as many use the feature, in some way (including "rarely" as "yes"), than don't.

So my turn to pose a question: Five years later, why do you ask?
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Yes
    While I'm not sure if she's the best example of transgender, I created a transgender mermaid.

I also made one of the sets of twins in my game different genders. It might be less frequent for me, but I do customize genders from time to time. Because I play rotation, I haven't actually created as many new sims recently.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Rarely
    I used the option of letting an woman impregnate another woman. I am not into men doing men as that is not acceptable to me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    Didn't really know it was a thing. Don't think I will not use it.
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Yes
    Hi,

5 years later, does anyone use this feature ?

I use it to keep my sims from having kids when I feel they've enough. One of each gender is my favorite amount of kids for my legacy. NPCs I don't even bother with, unless they marry into my legacy.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything