Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you explain console sims to me?

Considering sims 4 for the console.

Do expansions work in the same way as for PC? So you buy them and they work on top of each other or is it just whichever disk/downloads you have?

Can I turn features off like I can on PC? Even if it#s through mods, I'd want to turn woohoo and other things off (I do this sometimes on my pc whne I'm playing a specific type of game)

Can you get mods like with PC?

Thank you in advance. I've never played on console before so really need to know before buying.
script>

Comments

• TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    Considering sims 4 for the console.

Do expansions work in the same way as for PC? So you buy them and they work on top of each other or is it just whichever disk/downloads you have?

Can I turn features off like I can on PC? Even if it#s through mods, I'd want to turn woohoo and other things off (I do this sometimes on my pc whne I'm playing a specific type of game) No

Can you get mods like with PC? No

Thank you in advance. I've never played on console before so really need to know before buying.
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    Sims 4 on console works the same as on PC without mods. You can’t have mods on console so everything you got through mods on PC will be unavailable on console. Also the same goes for Custom Content, no CC on console. But as for vanilla game, yes it is the same.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    As the posters above me have stated, apart from mods/CC, the console version works just like the PC version.

I don't have much more to add apart from that I play on Xbox One and really enjoy it. The controls may be tricky at first if you aren't used to them, but the graphics are still stunning and it's very fun.

If you rely on mods/CC a lot, I'd suggest playing vanilla for a while on your PC to see if you'd be happy to play without them on the console. :smile:
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    Olalla1986 wrote: »
    Sims 4 on console works the same as on PC without mods. You can’t have mods on console so everything you got through mods on PC will be unavailable on console. Also the same goes for Custom Content, no CC on console. But as for vanilla game, yes it is the same.

This ^
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Aside from having to buy everything again, I actually prefer playing on console. Especially now I have ps5, the loading times are so much faster than my pc, which honestly is a game changer in TS4. I have all the dlc, and I can boot up my game and be playing a household in under a minute. Plus I get to lounge around playing on the sofa or even in bed, which is far more comfortable than sitting at a desk for long periods of time.

I’ve played around a little with mods and honestly, they don’t really change much IMO. There are some cc packs I wouldn’t mind though, all of Harries packs are amazing, and fingers crossed they are ported over one day for console 😇
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Like most people have said, no CC or Mods, but I have the PS4 and the load time is very fast.

I've noticed that they have been adding free content similar to CC. I haven't seen anything I like so far, but I have seen things that caught my eye.

A lot of cheats work on the console and I use them regularly. I mostly use cheats like:

Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm

Traits.Remove_Trait Trait_OccultMermaid_MermaidForm

to toggle merfolk merforms because a toggle doesn't exist.

Money X for Rags to Riches and Legacy Challenges

Sims.GiveSatisfactionPoints for set up purposes. My merfolk always have Forever Full and Steel Bladders because they can't satisfy those needs in the water the way I would want to.

And I usually look up new cheats any time I want to customize my gameplay or challenge myself.