Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• AuntyCaitlinAuntyCaitlin Posts: 18 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @AuntyCaitlin :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say happy simming again :)
    > Sims 3 Island Paradise is a great pack! It is lovely that you lived in an island home and enjoyed snorkelling.
    > It is great that you enjoy building lots and creating sims in the game. Simming allows us to enjoy expressing our creativity through the game and have fun too!
    > The cheats that you use are very helpful when building.
    > Happy simming! :)

Thanks you Rose! I appreciate you taking the time to welcome me. Do you have a favourite pack? You too!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited July 2021
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @AuntyCaitlin :) I posted to you on the other thread but just wanted to say happy simming again :)
    > Sims 3 Island Paradise is a great pack! It is lovely that you lived in an island home and enjoyed snorkelling.
    > It is great that you enjoy building lots and creating sims in the game. Simming allows us to enjoy expressing our creativity through the game and have fun too!
    > The cheats that you use are very helpful when building.

Thanks you Rose! I appreciate you taking the time to welcome me. Do you have a favourite pack? You too!

You’re welcome :) I like all the packs! It is hard for me to choose a favourite one!
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    Hello @rosemow and every simmers. Nice to meet you.
    I have played the SIMS series since The SIMS 3, about 10 years.
    But am I a new member for this forum? ;) I feel weird a little.
    BTW, one of my favorite EP/GPs is the ECO Lifestyle EP. Although it has some troublesome glitches, crafting from garbage is really fun for me.
    (I really want to have my own fabrication machine...)
    Another is the Discover University EP. Not the EP itself, the Research and Debate skill is so wonderful.
    It is a really powerful skill, I think, and that's why this skill is the MUST for my sims.
    Anyway, from now on, I will visit the forum as often as I can.
    Happy simming :)
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
    Rochert wrote: »
    Hello @rosemow and every simmers. Nice to meet you.
    I have played the SIMS series since The SIMS 3, about 10 years.
    But am I a new member for this forum? ;) I feel weird a little.
    BTW, one of my favorite EP/GPs is the ECO Lifestyle EP. Although it has some troublesome glitches, crafting from garbage is really fun for me.
    (I really want to have my own fabrication machine...)
    Another is the Discover University EP. Not the EP itself, the Research and Debate skill is so wonderful.
    It is a really powerful skill, I think, and that's why this skill is the MUST for my sims.
    Anyway, from now on, I will visit the forum as often as I can.
    Happy simming :)

Hello @rochert :) It is very nice to meet you also :)
    It is very nice that you started simming by playing Sims 3 and have been playing for ten years. The Eco Living pack is a great pack!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads and posting about what is happening in your game.
    Happy simming! :)
  • RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    @rosemow Thank you for your kind comment. I’m really enjoying the forums. It’s awesome experience.
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • FolksimFolksim Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello folks! How are you today? I'm from Brazil, my first language is Portuguese - so excuse my English mistakes - and I'm just now engaging with the global community. I created this account two years ago but I never posted in this forum, so I guess I'm new here. I've been playing The Sims since 2001, so it's 20 years of simming hahaha.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    My favorite EP for The Sims is Vacation and Unleashed.
    I've always loved the Open for Business EP for The Sims 2 and the Family Fun SP.
    When it comes to The Sims 3, I really love World Adventures, Late Night, Generations and Seasons (can't pick just one) EPs, and the High-End Loft SP.
    And I like The Sims 4 Seasons, The Sims 4 Parenthood and The Sims 4 Tiny Living Stuff.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?
    Paradoxically, the relaxing atmosphere and the chaos. I like to watch the family while they live their lives with the everyday obstacles in-between.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?
    No, never.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?
    I don't know. I think people should play the way they want to play.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes. I like the CAS and the building mode. I'm not fond of the live mode, I think it needs improvement.

That's all for now, thanks for reading <3
    Folksim wrote: »
    Hello folks! How are you today? I'm from Brazil, my first language is Portuguese - so excuse my English mistakes - and I'm just now engaging with the global community. I created this account two years ago but I never posted in this forum, so I guess I'm new here. I've been playing The Sims since 2001, so it's 20 years of simming hahaha.

I've always loved the Open for Business EP for The Sims 2 and the Family Fun SP.
    When it comes to The Sims 3, I really love World Adventures, Late Night, Generations and Seasons (can't pick just one) EPs, and the High-End Loft SP.
    And I like The Sims 4 Seasons, The Sims 4 Parenthood and The Sims 4 Tiny Living Stuff.

Paradoxically, the relaxing atmosphere and the chaos. I like to watch the family while they live their lives with the everyday obstacles in-between.

No, never.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    Yes. I like the CAS and the building mode. I'm not fond of the live mode, I think it needs improvement.

Hello @Folksim :) Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have played each of the sims versions. The packs that are your favourites for each version are very nice!
    Creating Sims in CAS and building homes are great parts of simming! It is enjoyable to create Sims, give them a background story and choose outfits that suit them. Building is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game in our builds!
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited September 2021
    Folksim wrote: »

No, never.

Welcome Aboard @Folksim ... <3

1. Sims 3 ~ Ambitions
    There is nothing that compares to the opportunities that EP allows.
    Other Sims 3 EP's are just as enjoyable and have valuable additions though.

2. Undeterminable
    It would be a fruitless endeavor to try and decide what my favorite feature would be.
    If I absolutely had to narrow it down to one ... It's the Open World set-up in Sims 3.

3. Often
    Where I don't tend to use cheats to progress Sims individually,
    I do use cheats when building, or arranging scenes for a story.
    I also use certain mods that facilitate better game operation and are provided by an outside source.

4. Too Many To Count
    Seriously ... You could write pages about all the tips and tricks one can learn after years of playing.
    I do not really have a bias against people playing the game the way they want to.
    That, in itself, is one of the wonderful things about the Sims ... You can do what you want.

5. Nope
    I am not a Sims 4 basher though, because I have never even played the trial version.
    I did however invest strongly in Sims 3, and enjoy it immensely.
    If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it ... :p

Glad you finally stopped by and enjoy your stay.
    Don't worry about the language barrier, because you expressed yourself well.
    Happy Simming!

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
    > @BlackSand said:
    > .
    > Welcome Aboard @Folksim ... <3
    >
    > 1. Sims 3 ~ Ambitions
    > There is nothing that compares to the opportunities that EP allows.
    > Other Sims 3 EP's are just as enjoyable and have valuable additions though.
    >
    > 2. Undeterminable
    > It would be a fruitless endeavor to try and decide what my favorite feature would be.
    > If I absolutely had to narrow it down to one ... It's the Open World set-up in Sims 3.
    >
    > 3. Often
    > Where I don't tend to use cheats to progress Sims individually,
    > I do use cheats when building, or arranging scenes for a story.
    > I also use certain mods that facilitate better game operation and are provided by an outside source.
    >
    > 4. Too Many To Count
    > Seriously ... You could write pages about all the tips and tricks one can learn after years of playing.
    > I do not really have a bias against people playing the game the way they want to.
    > That, in itself, is one of the wonderful things about the Sims ... You can do what you want.
    >
    > 5. Nope
    > I am not a Sims 4 basher though, because I have never even played the trial version.
    > I did however invest strongly in Sims 3, and enjoy it immensely.
    > If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it ... :p
    >
    >
    > Glad you finally stopped by and enjoy your stay.
    > Don't worry about the language barrier, because you expressed yourself well.
    > Happy Simming!
    >
    > .

Thanks, @BlackSand, for your kind words.

I agree with you on so many things. Really, TS3 Ambitions is one of a kind and it's fun to play in Twinbrook, the only aspect of that expansion that I didn't try yet is the ghost hunter career, even though I've gotten the expansion long ago.

I forgot about moveobjects, I think I use it the most. But the cheat is not related to gameplay - as you said - that's why I didn't conceive it as "cheating". I don't like to cheat to win, only to build :smiley:

Thanks again for your kind words related to the language barrier, it will be fun to improve my English while enjoying the forum.
    Happy swimming, yay!
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Folksim :) Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have played each of the sims versions. The packs that are your favourites for each version are very nice!
    > Creating Sims in CAS and building homes are great parts of simming! It is enjoyable to create Sims, give them a background story and choose outfits that suit them. Building is a great way of expressing our creativity through the game in our builds!

Hi, @rosemow, how are you? Nice to meet you!

Thanks for the welcoming. Yes, I've been playing The Sims for a long time, but I'm still young hahaha. I started playing it at the age of 7. The Sims has accompanied me through so many phases that it will always hold a special place in my heart.

Happy simming o/
  • VenitiaVenitia Posts: 20 Member
    Just found this post. Was reading the questions on the initial post and saw the question about sims 4. I do own the sims 4 and was playing it before sims 3. It was okay, though kind of stale at points. I finally had enough after the star wars pack. Was pretty upset when that came out, especially when I would of prefer something with more gameplay (ie more things for younger/older stage then the YA/Adult so that playing generational was more fun) and not just a product placement. So, I still own the sims 4, but have refused to even touch it since then. I did get the sims 3 and started playing it and I honestly prefer it more than sims 4.
    Venitia wrote: »
    Just found this post. Was reading the questions on the initial post and saw the question about sims 4. I do own the sims 4 and was playing it before sims 3. It was okay, though kind of stale at points. I finally had enough after the star wars pack. Was pretty upset when that came out, especially when I would of prefer something with more gameplay (ie more things for younger/older stage then the YA/Adult so that playing generational was more fun) and not just a product placement. So, I still own the sims 4, but have refused to even touch it since then. I did get the sims 3 and started playing it and I honestly prefer it more than sims 4.

Hello @Venitia :) It is nice to meet you.Welcome to the forums,
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the threads, meeting fellow simmers and posting about the sims that are in your game.
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    Hi, my name is Heather and I have been simming since the game first came out. I am absolutely addicted and spend way too many hours playing, lol. I own all the EPs, except for one, which is Seasons. My fav EP would have to be Cats and Dogs because I love animals and having pets brings a whole other element to the game. My fav thing about the game is the ability to play as a different person and live out your life through them. I can really get absorbed into the characters lol. I don't play with too many cheats except for the relationship cheats, money cheat, and move objects cheat. I am definitely what you would call a vanilla player. I'm here to make friends with people who share this passion with me. Thanks so much!
    Hi, my name is Heather and I have been simming since the game first came out. I am absolutely addicted and spend way too many hours playing, lol. I own all the EPs, except for one, which is Seasons. My fav EP would have to be Cats and Dogs because I love animals and having pets brings a whole other element to the game. My fav thing about the game is the ability to play as a different person and live out your life through them. I can really get absorbed into the characters lol. I don't play with too many cheats except for the relationship cheats, money cheat, and move objects cheat. I am definitely what you would call a vanilla player. I'm here to make friends with people who share this passion with me. Thanks so much!

Hello @Heathertibb :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! :)
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time creating sims , building, and playing in live mode. Cats and Dogs is a great pack! Sims pets are cute!
    [quote="rosemow;c-18005379"][quote="Heathertibb;c-18005374"]Hi, my name is Heather and I have been simming since the game first came out. I am absolutely addicted and spend way too many hours playing, lol. I own all the EPs, except for one, which is Seasons. My fav EP would have to be Cats and Dogs because I love animals and having pets brings a whole other element to the game. My fav thing about the game is the ability to play as a different person and live out your life through them. I can really get absorbed into the characters lol. I don't play with too many cheats except for the relationship cheats, money cheat, and move objects cheat. I am definitely what you would call a vanilla player. I'm here to make friends with people who share this passion with me. Thanks so much![/quote]

Hello @Heathertibb :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! :)
    It is great that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy hours over the time creating sims , building, and playing in live mode. Cats and Dogs is a great pack! Sims pets are cute!
    Happy simming! :) [/quote]

Thanks, I'm so excited to be here!
    Whoops lol
  • Crimson_Angel_41Crimson_Angel_41 Posts: 24 Member
    I'm 22 Female from USA and been playing The Sims Franchise for 7yrs!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Get to work and seasons, and cats and dogs because I always enjoyed them

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? it my way of getting away from reality

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? no I don't

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? no, still learning myself after 7 yrs

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? they don't have a lot of what I'm looking for like career wise and that i have disabilities and like to have my sims like me
    I'm 22 Female from USA and been playing The Sims Franchise for 7yrs!

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Get to work and seasons, and cats and dogs because I always enjoyed them

2. What is your favorite thing about the game? it my way of getting away from reality

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? no I don't

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? no, still learning myself after 7 yrs

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? they don't have a lot of what I'm looking for like career wise and that i have disabilities and like to have my sims like me

Hello @Crimson_Angel_41 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is great that you have been simming for 7 years. You would have enjoyed spending many fun and happy times over the years, creating sims, building homes and venues, and seeing what happened in the lives of your sims.
    The packs that are your favourite are great packs! Sim cats and dogs are cute! It is very nice seeing the changing weather and seasons in the game, and having our sims doing different things according to the season.
  • CeramicCeramic Posts: 8 New Member
    Hello fellow Simmers,

My forum name is Ceramic I think. I've played the Sims from Double Deluxe and now still the Sims 3. So just over 20 years too @folksim and @Heather.

Oh man, where to start! I usually have my sims do things like gardening, cooking and upgrading their objects instead of socialising, so my fav set is probably the Old Mill Tea-time set, and the Greenhouse object that waters and fertilises multiple plants. Really hard at times to set up once a garden is established though - usually have to move plants and fences around to fit it into the worlds I've downloaded.

Oooh. Geez. The little goals I set for myself and for their storylines. Working on them. Achieving the little wishes. Seeing them do housework, brushing their teeth as much as possible etc is pretty cool. I like to think that I'm teaching my brain to look after myself!

I do play with cheats, yeah. The last really handy one I found on here was resetsim * which resets all households in the neighbourhood/ world. It's just really hard and expensive to sleep, shower, eat etc AND go to work when starting from scratch. Really wish there was a way of slowing down the clock even more than 1 speed.
    I use cheats pretty often (especially when setting up a household), but go through phases of not using them for a while.

Yeah, items/ building design colour schemes - can be dragged and dropped. Like Apply Formatting in writing programs. I love designing and sometimes building unique lots. It's just not for some people though, I totally get that.

So like, if you have a colour/ material scheme you are happy with, say for a bed, you can drag the scheme (tab on top left of customise item popup) to heaps of items in the room. Helps heaps with the nicely/ beautifully decorated moodlets.

My best advice here is to apply as much as possible to say, a bed with 4 or 5 colours/materials, and use that as your drag and drop template.

To help prevent freezing in build/buy mode - leave the buy/build mode if it's been used for ages. Save the file or save as, and continue in build buy. Sometimes I force myself to quit the game, maybe restart the computer, and continue designing.
    Hope this helps!

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things
    No, I don't have Sims 4. Really do prefer Sims 3, and there are heaps of EPs/SPs to try still!
    Hello @Ceramic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been enjoying playing the Sims for a long time. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years and households you have played.
    It was very nice reading about your favourite sets and your favourite things about the game. Your tips are very helpful!
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Ceramic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have been enjoying playing the Sims for a long time. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years and households you have played.
    > It was very nice reading about your favourite sets and your favourite things about the game. Your tips are very helpful!
    > I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.

Thanks for the welcome @rosemow Really cool to connect.

I hope to talk to some of you over December/Jan. Sometimes not too confident about meeting new people, so we'll see :)

I've just uploaded a lot actually, on the exchange. Called Turnkey Tree House. Has store content and items from two expansion packs, so will have to convert it to only base game content and upload that copy too. Fun times :)

Plus I just realised it's only been 10 years for me. Oh man am I bad at mathematics, ha!
    Ceramic wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Ceramic :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is great that you have been enjoying playing the Sims for a long time. You would have lots of special memories of fun times spent simming over the years and households you have played.
    > It was very nice reading about your favourite sets and your favourite things about the game. Your tips are very helpful!
    > I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forums threads.

Thanks for the welcome @rosemow Really cool to connect.

I hope to talk to some of you over December/Jan. Sometimes not too confident about meeting new people, so we'll see :)

I've just uploaded a lot actually, on the exchange. Called Turnkey Tree House. Has store content and items from two expansion packs, so will have to convert it to only base game content and upload that copy too. Fun times :)

Plus I just realised it's only been 10 years for me. Oh man am I bad at mathematics, ha!

You’re welcome :)
    > @Crimson_Angel_41 said:
    > I'm 22 Female from USA and been playing The Sims Franchise for 7yrs!
    >
    > 1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ? Get to work and seasons, and cats and dogs because I always enjoyed them
    >
    > 2. What is your favorite thing about the game? it my way of getting away from reality
    >
    > 3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones? no I don't
    >
    > 4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share? no, still learning myself after 7 yrs
    >
    > 5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things? they don't have a lot of what I'm looking for like career wise and that i have disabilities and like to have my sims like me

I hear you there @Crimson_Angel_41 about disabilities. Psych-social ones here.
    The closest that I can come to Autistic social skills (for example) is:
    Shy *tick* unless say, reading a book at a cafe vs interacting,
    Absent Minded *hmmm?*
    Inappropriate *nope* Inappropriate says they don't care about how other people will react to them. I'm like, um noooooo! In my sims case, would be really cool for them to learn faster, like with pets, which behaviours don't work and why :)

I probably shouldn't hijack this greetings thread with stuff that can get trolled though. Maybe the mods could send me a message if I was out of line?

Anyway, really cool to meet you Crimson Angel :)