Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the Deal?

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
My sim was exploring the Tomb of the Desert Ocean, when this paparazzo caught on fire outside the tomb. Normally, even though paparazzi are annoying, if something like this happens to them, I'll send my sim out to save them. But my sim was so deep into the tomb, there was no way he could have gotten out in time. So I felt I had no real choice but to let the man die. Sure, I could have cheated and teleported my sim out there, but I never teleport my sims unless there's some glitch that keeps them from going somewhere. And really, this guy could have put out his own fire if he'd just had the sense to jump into the pool. But did he try that? No, he did not.

vUh8B1s.jpg

07pggsh.jpg

8J5VCq4.jpg

bHCrscv.jpg

I kept checking on him to see if he would save himself, then watched Grimmy come for him. Then, just as the man jumped into his tombstone, a message popped up saying "Trip Over. Fikry Ameen has died," and my sim was sent home! As in all the way home to his own home world! I do not see any sense in that whatsoever! This whole situation was totally ridiculous! If anything like this happens again, I think I'll just use NRaas Master Controller and annihilate the sim before he has a chance to die.

Comments

• PhoenixArrandePhoenixArrande Posts: 106 Member
    So your sim got deported for his involvement in an accident? :D i didnt even know that was possible. I'm sorry your trip got ruined though.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    It's unfair! It wasn't your sim's fault. :open_mouth: It was, of course, the hot weather that made the paparazzo catch on fire. Maybe you should get rid of the paparazzi by using the NRaas Register mod? If you like the paparazzi you can always allow them later when your sim is back home.
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • elinnnstarelinnnstar Posts: 36 Member
    what???? how can that even happen? sad that your vacation was ruined :(
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Wow...would be so ticked off at being sent home like that. I hope you had a save just before or after entering the tomb you could revert and try again.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Yes, I did have a save to revert back to. I save at the end of every day, when my sims go to bed for the night. So I went back to that. After he got up and started exploring, I heard a female voice, and found that this time, there were six sims at the pyramid. The whole Kamel family was there, plus two paparazzi and another woman, Tahiya Shalut. So I knew I'd better be prepared. Sure enough, while he was exploring, Salah Kamel caught on fire, when he was just as deep into the tomb as before. But I had forgotten about the formerly hidden door that he had opened the previous day, that gave him a shortcut to the outside. So I saved, had him put down one of the eyes of Horus, and sent him out. He did get that fire put out and teleported back to where he was before.

Kum490L.jpg

RDRgGYn.jpg

The other option I had thought of trying if that didn't work was to have him use escape dust to return to the base camp before the sim died, in hopes that his being far from the site of the death would save his trip.

And yes, @Cororon, it was totally unfair to send him home, just because somebody died who was following him around, when he was deep inside the tomb, unaware of what was happening outside. I don't like the paparazzi, but the only time I really can't stand them is when they hang out at my sims' homes at night, especially when there's more than one of them and they are out there talking non-stop. I allow them in my games because it's realistic to have them following celebrities, and it isn't too hard for my sims to evade them. He has a celebrity gate at home, which keeps them far enough away from his bedroom that I don't hear them while he's sleeping, and most of the time when he's traveling, he's on the move so much, they can't keep up with him. Even when he's in a tomb, it doesn't usually take long for him to get somewhere they can't follow him, because inactive sims never use dive wells.
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Yay, great that your sim could save that poor lady!

I have never had a sim catch fire in my game, but I also haven't been to Egypt yet. This scares me a little. :lol: Could be a fun adventure, though, so maybe I'll go to Egypt later this autumn/winter. My sim(s) that it, not me personally. :smile:
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I am not sure why that happen but I happen to saw cyclone sword caught on fire in front of his house in a broad daylight and died.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • VenitiaVenitia Posts: 20 Member
    Wait, so is your sim the paparazzi was following famous? I usually have the option for my sim household to not have the ability to become famous checked. Mainly because I am not interested in dealing with paparazzi around my sim, unless a random sim is famous and passing by.
    Venitia wrote: »
    Wait, so is your sim the paparazzi was following famous? I usually have the option for my sim household to not have the ability to become famous checked. Mainly because I am not interested in dealing with paparazzi around my sim, unless a random sim is famous and passing by.

Yes, he is. I don't turn off celebrity most of the time, but I do make some changes, with mods, to make it a lot harder for sims, including my own, to become celebrities, and to keep the numbers to a reasonable level.
    Ah, I see. Must be a pain then on journeys.
    Venitia wrote: »
    Ah, I see. Must be a pain then on journeys.

Sometimes. But as I mentioned, when they're exploring the larger tombs, they almost never get followed very far inside. And at the base camps in China and France, I lock the door to the bedroom I choose for my sim, so nobody else can go in there while they're sleeping.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I am not sure why that happen but I happen to saw cyclone sword caught on fire in front of his house in a broad daylight and died.

If a Sim (NPC or not) stands out in sunlight for too long and the temps are too high (25-29C or 77F+) your sim will spontaneously combust. It's hilarious if it isn't a member of the family. Not so funny if it is.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    So, are the paparazzi considered part of your "family"? Because that could be one reason why you were sent home when they died. Though, that is a horrid feature to have if that is true.
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Paparazzi are service types and as far as I know are not selectable as a job that you can put your own family members into. They're usually drawn from a pool of service NPCs that is randomly generated. At least I've never tried (with MC).

Agreed that it would be horrid to have a paparazzi as a family member. :smirk:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    One of my long ago sims married a paparazzo. He immediately lost his "job."
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    I once used MC to add a paparazzo to my household, assuming that she would automatically lose her job.
    It wasn't until several hours later when she suddenly rushed off to a community lot and I couldn't cancel the action, that I realised that she still had the service role attached.