Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Incheon Arrivals and Fashion Street Kits Discussion

These two kits were announced today. Let's discuss them. Predictions, issue, ideas, interests, or lack of interests.

Does the Incheon Arrivals Kit really only have 3 items? Does the Fashion Street Kit, which I already have the bad habit of calling the Mumbai Kit, really only have 2 items? The announcements combined with the announcement's title images indicate that the Incheon Kit has at least 4 clothes and the Fashion Street Kit has at least 6 clothes and multiple jewelry pieces. What are your thoughts?

In the end I am very curious. I was hoping to find out if there will be more items or if that information is not yet public. The announcements for those Kits were made today.

Honestly, the description listed on Origin for the Incheon Arrivals Kit made me excited for airports, but I doubt they will add another big ticket item to the list of releasable content for the Sims 4.

What do people from those countries think? Are they insulted by the fact that they only get small kits while Japan and England got complete expansion packs, or is this really not that big of a deal? I hope they have a decent number of items.

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The kits contents have already been discovered, and both packs have way more items than listed in the blog post.

Not that I expected them to only have a few items. The only Kit that has less than 10 items is the Bust the Dust kit, and that one has an entire gameplay system with it, so I'm willing to give it a pass on only a few items. Everything else has had a respectable number of assets.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Well, there's two new outfits in the base today that's related to the two new kits coming up.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I wasn't impressed by the kit cover art (really hope they go back to proper 3d model covers for those), but after I got a look at the assets I'm really loving the Fashion Street kit.

One of my biggest complaints about Throwback is that all it had was clothes when CAS has so much more to offer, and Fashion Street has some really nice accessories (plus an outfit I'd want even as a singular item and lots of nice color pieces). So I'm definitely grabbing that one.

Incheon Arrival... The clothes look comfy and to some degree like stuff I actually wear, but muted and dull colors irritate my retinas like garish colors do to others'. Especially off whites. I despise ivory, cream, eggshell, etc. and pretty well every hue of brown. So I'm kind of torn here, even if the clothes would match some of my more homely Sims. I don't know. Maybe I'll grab it since I like Fashion Street so much.
  • Options
    MissLyn2408MissLyn2408 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    The kits contents have already been discovered, and both packs have way more items than listed in the blog post.

Thank you for the link! That clears up a lot. I did not have access to my twitter at the time. I was not aware.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Well, there's two new outfits in the base today that's related to the two new kits coming up.
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to play the game yet today, but I am excited to hear that they added something to the base game for it.
    Calico45 wrote: »
    One of my biggest complaints about Throwback is that all it had was clothes when CAS has so much more to offer, and Fashion Street has some really nice accessories (plus an outfit I'd want even as a singular item and lots of nice color pieces). So I'm definitely grabbing that one.

You know, I agree with you. My issue with throwback was that it didn't have that diversity of outfit components. I like that the Fashion Street pack offers mehndi/henna and jewelry. Also, while I wish there was lehenga in the pack, I am pleased that it is more than just clothes. It is nice to be reminded of that perspective.

Saris are unstitched wraps and lehengas are stitched three-piece attires. Both may be used for weddings and others

Photos of lehenga

Hypnodream_-_6809_1.jpeg
    1472792459_Shyamal___Bhumika_Bridal_Collection___17_.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like both of these so far. I had a feeling we would see something Korean after the outcry last year. I see they're adding the BTS haircut. Um, there are some items I like from both. I love the boots in the Incheon kit even if we've got several other boots. I think this adds some fresher fashion; I also like the trenchcoat and the mini skirt among other things. I have some characters of the City Living era that have younger generations now. I haven't added any Korean sims but probably would.

I like both of these kits better than Throwback but fashions are all personal tastes. I agree that Incheon is a bit neutral but I like some of it. Neutrals can be a good thing for me because sometimes I want more lowkey characters. It has been a while since CL came out so I do think "global content" needed an update.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    MissLyn2408MissLyn2408 Posts: 38 Member
    edited September 2021
    Though not nearly enough jewelry or variety. We have hand made saris,lenghas,salwar kameezes etc. [...]
    But this is a kit afterall. So can't expect much.
    Yeah, at the time City Living came out people had mixed feelings about the fictional fashion (if fashion can actually be fictional) of different cultures. I was on the team that thought it was a lost chance to include a variety of outfit types that really exist in the world.

It's nice to have fashion that doesn't meet real life, for simlish, and fashion that does meet real life for rp purposes. I just wish there was a chance to include more.
    If you just walk into our bracelet store the entire store will be covered in bracelets of all size, shape, color, and sparkle you can imagine. South Asia is a fashion heaven. The henna was a nice addition. I love henna!! I should start doing my own again....

You know the one thing that would have been totally cool in my mind would have been hair pieces. Hair jewelry would have been perfect for this and it is something that has not been included in kits previously. I wonder if we will get some at some point in the future.
    I am not offended it's just a kit. I couldn't care less about culture representation. Honestly just want a fun engaging game and wouldn't care if I never saw anything related to me. Give me adventure, drama, lore, challenge, consequences, and zombies. I'll be happy.
    I relate to this. I am pretty easy going in real life and quite easily entertained. ... Although, while I love adventure, I usually just play for family dynamics.
    Would we nice to get a b/b CAS to go along with these. Always wanted to make a South Asian house but even with cc couldn't find much.

I have been wanting this as well. Part of me feels like either of these could have easily been expanded into Stuff Packs with CAS and build. Although, I'm not sure if that is where the community is right now. I personally would have bought it, especially if it included cooking tools and items, unique appliances, jewelry pieces, decor, exterior fixtures, and musical instruments. I think it would be really nice if they teamed up with content creators from South Asia.

What is it specifically you always wish was in the game b/b wise?

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Sing the Indian inspired kit really makes me miss genies.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I can't believe they added two versions of the short pleated skirt and the sweater with the turtleneck shirt underneath is actually a full body outfit.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I have to say that I am so excited for the Incheon Arrivals kit! I’ve been hoping for some Korean influences for a while now. I don’t think I’ve been particularly fussed about what form those influences take, so I’m just happy it’s being included! I’m already planning outfits for my sims based on the items.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I'm already thinking of making a mixed of Jasmine/Mulan for the new Kit. I so love multiculture. :p
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I'm probably getting the Incheon arrivals one just for that skirt....
  • Options
    shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    When I first heard about it, I got excited. I was hoping it would be something that allows the Sims to have a career in modeling And add onto the moschino. Maybe add some realistic poses (for us console users) Magazine covers, ads etc. Then I realized it was just another stuff pack and I lost all interest.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    The mumbai kit is beautiful, I love henna tats and south asian fashion, got a sim vampiress who is from south asia, she'll love it :smile:
    the korean kit is too boring for me...idk...do like them shoes tho.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    ponyfhtagnponyfhtagn Posts: 17 Member
    While I like these kits I think I'd like it more of these kind of themes were explored in bigger packs. I don't want to see multiculturalism being religated to the realm of kits (which honestly a lot of people don't buy).
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Thank you for the link! That clears up a lot. I did not have access to my twitter at the time. I was not aware.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I'm sorry I wasn't able to play the game yet today, but I am excited to hear that they added something to the base game for it.
    Calico45 wrote: »

You know, I agree with you. My issue with throwback was that it didn't have that diversity of outfit components. I like that the Fashion Street pack offers mehndi/henna and jewelry. Also, while I wish there was lehenga in the pack, I am pleased that it is more than just clothes. It is nice to be reminded of that perspective.

Saris are unstitched wraps and lehengas are stitched three-piece attires. Both may be used for weddings and others

Photos of lehenga

Hypnodream_-_6809_1.jpeg
    1472792459_Shyamal___Bhumika_Bridal_Collection___17_.jpg

Those dresses are so lovely, especially the second one. Love the hair piece from the first picture. I would've bought the pack for those, however neither pack has any major draws for me. At least one lovely dress like these and perhaps some small extra would've been nice. No kid pieces. Perhaps a kid toy. Both are a pass for me. Will pick them up later in a bundle of some sort or cheaply.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm really not impressed with these kits. All we're getting is new clothes and some new jelwelry. Now I would have been impressed had we got more tattoos and peircings. What we really need is a Sleepwear Kit if thier going to keep doing CAS Kits. Sleepwear is badly lacking in TS4.
  • Options
    CrunchieGooseCrunchieGoose Posts: 56 Member
    I'm not sure how I feel about paying for cultural fashion. Yes we got a few free items in the update which is great but the paying side for culture and maybe CAS kits in general are off to me
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    They both look like interesting kits and I would probably buy them. Im all for anything that gives you more choice and means you can represent more cultures.
    Im curious about the 3rd global cas kit they mentioned too. Im hoping for something African inspired which would hopefully give you some lovely new colourful outfits and hairstyles.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    They both look really cute! The Incheon Arrivals one is exactly my sim style, cutesy as heck!
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    Out of the two kits announced, I really like the Incheon Arrivals the most. I love the neutral tone colors, the comfy and casual style, and I also love how versatile it can be for everyday wear. The Fashion Street kit is very beautiful as well, but the Incheon Arrivals is more of the style I prefer.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2021
    I like them both and look forward to getting them. I love the bright colors in the Fashion Street, and when I saw the long coat and all the other simple neutrals you get in the Incheon, I knew I would have to get it. I may make myself wait a bit though, I've spent quite a bit on this game this year. I'll just have to keep reminding myself that all my sims are livin' the farming life right now, and don't need those clothes. :/

I really like how graceful a lot of those clothes look.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    As a whole I wish Kits didn't exist.

But the kits that appeal to me the most are the CAS kits. I just prefer not to use too much CC in my game.

I really like these two. I hate to say it but I'll probably purchase both eventually. The two female full body outfits in fashion street are gorgeous. I also find Incheon so versatile and very in line with my personal taste.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm really not impressed with these kits. All we're getting is new clothes and some new jelwelry. Now I would have been impressed had we got more tattoos and peircings. What we really need is a Sleepwear Kit if thier going to keep doing CAS Kits. Sleepwear is badly lacking in TS4.

I was just thinking the other day, while in CAS, that we have nearly no lingerie. A pack of that sort and goth clothes/stuff would be nice. I'm not a goth person IRL, however I love Gunther Goth and love that style. I would love a belly button diamond and also a belly chain. These new packs just seem like plain clothes for me. I may have saw one or two things, but nothing worth the money. I also wish they would do a toy pack of some sort and toddler stuff. Back in the Sims3 store days, people went wild over the walker, playpen, ect stuff. Not sure why we don't have something like that. A wedding dress pack with new cakes ect. would be a huge hit. A pack with urns, tombstones, a death flower ect. would probably be a great seller.
  • Options
    favrielfavriel Posts: 72 Member
    Still a week left, what a strange decision it was to announce the kits so early... I just wanna see all the swatches already, come on!