Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations?

VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
So it impossible to guess what pack will be coming to ts4 next but I was watch a recent video by Pixelade

https://youtu.be/eP-RuWWwRis

In the video he brings up how tsteam is always hinting at stuff even though they always say they don't. His reason for why he thinks generations may be coming next is because of how several items descriptions from Paranormal mentions stuff like family and one even using the word "Generations" twice.

Now this isn't that much of a hint in all honesty but it's also been speculated that in the upcoming update we may be getting bodyhair and with the rumors that we may also be getting updated babies at some point got me thinking that generations could actually be in the works.

What are your thoughts and opinions on the matter?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    So it impossible to guess what pack will be coming to ts4 next but I was watch a recent video by Pixelade

In the video he brings up how tsteam is always hinting at stuff even though they always say they don't. His reason for why he thinks generations may be coming next is because of how several items descriptions from Paranormal mentions stuff like family and one even using the word "Generations" twice.

Now this isn't that much of a hint in all honesty but it's also been speculated that in the upcoming update we may be getting bodyhair and with the rumors that we may also be getting updated babies at some point got me thinking that generations could actually be in the works.

I don't think it's generations as that would be an awful lot of stuff to update and the next pack is most probably a GP and I think a GP wouldn't have enough budget for Generations.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

The first sentence in the Palm tree description actually does look like a hint! I would be happy :)
    Paranormal also has some celtic paintings and other paintings with the sun and the moon and one with some location that looks like the highlands... these paintings are the only ones that don't change when the paranormal.stuff takes place in a haunted house, and because of that they get really noticed...
    I think we're getting a werewolves pack (with some farm and historical features) and later a Generations expansion pack.
  • DragonmasterleoDragonmasterleo Posts: 294 Member
    the next GP is probably a romance, werewolves or farming pack. I think there is a possibility of a generations pack next EP or the one after that
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I don't think we're going to see "Generations for The Sims 4"

I think we're going to get it in bits and pieces divided by age stage, which has the downside of everything being split and costing more, but the (at least in theory) advantage of the different age stages getting more detail and attention.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    So yeah I agree that I don't think the next pack will be generations since it will most likely be a GP and generations would be a lot to cover. That said I would like to see it be the next EP and see it come out late spring early summer.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I don't think we're going to see "Generations for The Sims 4"

I think we're going to get it in bits and pieces divided by age stage, which has the downside of everything being split and costing more, but the (at least in theory) advantage of the different age stages getting more detail and attention.

I personally wouldn't mind if Gens was broken up into separate packs if each pack really focused on each stage or aspect. Like a pack that added more to schools by adding in an active private school or just private schools, boarding school, and military school as well as add more after school activities. This pack would obviously be for kids and teens.

They could also add a retirement home pack that adds stuff like shuffle board, bingo, and all things elderly. Sorry I don't know much about retirement homes my family doesn't do them lol. But anyway that would be a pack focused on elders. That said I don't think they have the time or resources to do a pack for each age group outside of SPs because I personally thing the sims4 has 2-3 years left and we still need more occults packs.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think it's likely as an EP in the summer. It seems like this year they're trying to win people back and listen to people more after last year. (Paranormal was widely requested and so was Bonehilda). Sims 3 generations came out 10 years ago this May so I'm thinking they might announce it then.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    I was unsure about what it was, and so I remained neutral about it all. Decided to check the Wiki, and darn...

Extra schools, more reward traits, tree houses, cars and driving lessons, cloning coupons and other awesome features. Recycled content or not, I'd be all for a pack like that. They'd want my money? They'd have them!

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited February 2021
    Pixelade is well known for being problematic in the sims community. He does clickbait videos on YouTube that mean nothing, it's just to get him ad revenue.

Meanwhile on twitter he starts drama and deletes his account every few months after he gets backlash, which is what he's doing right now.

Pay him no mind, his "content" is just clickbait designed to generate money from your click.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it could be true its just as likely to be Generations as anything else
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    the next GP is probably a romance, werewolves or farming pack. I think there is a possibility of a generations pack next EP or the one after that

It could also be a resorts one.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've stopped dreaming that we'll get Generations in Sims 4.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Pixelade is well known for being problematic in the sims community. He does clickbait videos on YouTube that mean nothing, it's just to get him ad revenue.

Meanwhile on twitter he starts drama and deletes his account every few months after he gets backlash, which is what he's doing right now.

Pay him no mind, his "content" is just clickbait designed to generate money from your click.

Thank you! I've seen it this way for a while. With so many good CC and mod creators, builders, and storytellers, his channel is the equivalent to TMZ.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Lol him and ironseagull are both the biggest click-baiters. They have no content and that’s why they have to rely on “leaks”
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I wish we had private schools, I played TS2 the other day and had a bad dinner trying to impress the headmaster guy.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Comparing to TS3 Generations, I think TS4 got too much of this with Parenthood. I don't expect there to be a Generations pack, but there might of course be a pack focusing only on romance/engagement/wedding/divorce, including ceremonies, lawyers, testaments, larger family portraits, and more. Perhaps more a GP than EP, though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Comparing to TS3 Generations, I think TS4 got too much of this with Parenthood. I don't expect there to be a Generations pack, but there might of course be a pack focusing only on romance/engagement/wedding/divorce, including ceremonies, lawyers, testaments, larger family portraits, and more. Perhaps more a GP than EP, though.

SimGuruNinja said Parenthood wasn't meant to be a Generations pack a while back so they could still do a Generations pack.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want a Generation pack because Parenthood is not Generation that's all it is Parenting, Generations is for every life stage. So hopefully we will have a Generation pack especially for story telling and family Simmers like myself.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I think @Simmerville is just saying there might not be a specific 'Generations' pack, since so much of what was in Generations ended up in the Parenthood pack. Like all the gameplay from the previous pack might still come, but split up into different packs for different life stages, rather than just in one Expansion.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I think @Simmerville is just saying there might not be a specific 'Generations' pack, since so much of what was in Generations ended up in the Parenthood pack. Like all the gameplay from the previous pack might still come, but split up into different packs for different life stages, rather than just in one Expansion.
    SimGuruNinja said Parenthood wasn't meant to be a Generations pack a while back so they could still do a Generations pack.

Ah, sorry that my post hardly made sense, LOL. And you are right, I thought too much of the content would already be in Parenthood, but then @catloverplayer referred to Simguru and that might very well change everything. I still believe generations content will rather be spread around and added to other packs though. It seems like they try to avoid to copy old packs now that so much content is already in the game. The only thing I miss from generations is the walking cane for elders, but I would not buy a full EP just to get it.

Either way, hoping for lots more family/generation/personality stuff in future packs :)

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited February 2021

fingers crossed they do I wonder what happened to SimGuruNinja haven't seen him around here lately
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    edited February 2021
    Why would they separate parenthood from generations, I know EA wants money but that seem cruel.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    motdk wrote: »
    Why would they separate parenthood from generations, I know EA wants money but that seem cruel.

Separating them would provide us with more content, otherwise we probably just wouldn't get a generations pack. And if they had added generations-esque stuff to parenthood when it came out, the stuff that is currently in parenthood would be half done compared to what we have now, and the generations stuff would be half done compared to what we could get if they created a brand new pack.

It's like how vampires, werewolves, witches and faeries were all in one pack in sims 3, but in sims 4 they've been split up (well, for the ones we have). It gets them more money, I'm sure they're super psyched about that, but it also gets us more and better content. So far I've been pretty happy with the splitting, but since sims 4 is still getting new packs I don't know if I'll stay with that opinion.

Also, they could've developed new ideas for a generations pack after parenthood had finished development.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • masatsimmasatsim Posts: 22 Member
    Maybe we are not getting generations in sims 4 as the generations in sims 3. I think they will try to make it less based in life stages (because there's already packs for children, toddler, parenthood, and maybe they are working in a future elder stuff pack and teen stuff pack?) and more on events (a pack with babyshowers, weddings, prom, teenage parties, funerals).
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

Watched him twice and learned absolutely nothing. Except for not to click on his videos again. Awful, awful content this dude has ( in my humble opinion).
    I didn’t watch the “generations” video either.

I’m sure generations related content is in the works however. Although I have a feeling it may be spread across several packs, instead of one...
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Dear Sims Team,

Please give us Generations and cars at last!! Stop torturing us!!